Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

things that annoy you

Comments

• Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Yet another gripe I have:

People who dog fight!!! Why not use the dog for its intended purpose - a family pet! I worked at the SPCA and it broke my heart to see all the Pitt Bulls that had been seized by animal control - after the owner had been arrested. As a result of their brutal upbringing, these dogs were too vicious to adopt and as a result, were put down. Truth be known, I've met Pitts that would lick you in the face, but only because they were raised that way - the right way! I've (sadly) heard of some apartments complexes that will allow pets EXCEPT Pitts. Pitt Bulls have an unfair reputation as ruthless killers, but they are NOT!! Truth be known, you could raise a chihuahua to be vicious, but those apartment complexes wouldn't mind you bringing it in. Bottom line, it's not the dog's fault but the owner who raised them that way. It's the owner's fault. :*^(

Yep....couldn't agree with you more. Dog fighting is an absolutely immoral "sport" and I think people who get caught get much too light a sentence...if much of one at all.

I will disagree with one thing though. While pits can be raised to be a more social pet they are genetically predisposed to be a fighter. This is something that nurture v nature cannot fix. Annual dog bite statistics of the top 25 dogs that will attack even their owner the top 4 are pitts, German Shepherds, Rotts and Dobes. While any of these dogs can live a social, uneventful life they are more likely than any others just because of their breeding. While almost any dog can be raised to be vicious you should never fully trust any dog with a genetic background that makes them predisposed to it. Over 50% of reported dog attacks can be laid at the door of the pitt.

It's not their fault and sometimes they get a bad rap....but just like people are born with blue eyes or brown they are born to be a fighter.

Our dog is a pitt-shepherd mix - and a whole male - and he's the sweetest dog on the planet because we took the time and effort necessary to train him. Our grandchildren, our cats, and my son's ferrets climb all over him, but never unsupervised. People who want to have a large dog whose breed is prone to aggression need to be willing to put in that time and effort needed to train them. Doing otherwise is not fair to the dogs or anyone around them. He was once attacked by an untrained rottweiler while leashed right in front of our house and he defended himself without leaving a mark on the other dog until I could get between them and chase the rottweiler off. As soon as I moved between them, he backed up and sat, just as he was taught to do.

As to annoyances - my biggie is when my husband sits in the living room surrounded by his tools and related junk and tells me I need to clear off my desk. He once stored an air compressor in my living room for two weeks.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member

+1 to autoplaying videos [I'm looking at you facebook.]
    Art thieves.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    EnigmaC wrote: »
    People who talk too much

Ha!! I am a people person.....I talk for a living (well, I do more than talk, I play games too). I don't think I talk too much, but I won't say that it isn't possible for me to. I guess it depends on what you view as too much?
    You would make an excellent ...err...lady of the night...in Vegas. lol! ;)
  • Options
    People who tell everyone else bad things about you but then change their tune when you're in their presence

2. People who think you're not smart enough to figure out they never have anything nice about you
  • Options
    Melodramatic people. (Especially ones who try to make it your problem) Good gosh, get a grip.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    EnigmaC wrote: »
    People who talk too much

Ha!! I am a people person.....I talk for a living (well, I do more than talk, I play games too). I don't think I talk too much, but I won't say that it isn't possible for me to. I guess it depends on what you view as too much?
    You would make an excellent ...err...lady of the night...in Vegas. lol! ;)

HA HA!! Well, I think I should have explained better then....LMAO!! I am an Activities Assistant at an Assisted Living place. Its awesome.....I go into work, play games with them and keep them busy, and that's about it. So I literally play games and have fun for a living.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    When men say "we" are pregnant. No, you are not pregnant, nor can you ever be. Only your wife is pregnant. B)
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    People who dislike Justin Bieber

200_s.gif

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    People who tell everyone else bad things about you but then change their tune when you're in their presence

2. People who think you're not smart enough to figure out they never have anything nice about you

A an early age my gran told me to beware the people who talk about everyone because when you aren't around it will be your turn. Wise lady.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I don't know if anybody's already mentioned this, but I hate queing. And when people pass you it's even worse. I live in Africa at the moment, and it's part of the way things work around here, but it still infuriates me. :#
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody's already mentioned this, but I hate queing. And when people pass you it's even worse. I live in Africa at the moment, and it's part of the way things work around here, but it still infuriates me. :#

What like queing at like shops and stuff?
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    +1 to autoplaying videos [I'm looking at you facebook.]
    Art thieves.

Auto play on ANY website. Let me decide what to play and when.
  • Options
    also annoyed by people who dislike nicki minaj

tumblr_inline_msqj0jSWoH1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    People that hate on Lohan.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    jillbg wrote: »

What like queing at like shops and stuff?

Yep... You don't have the ticket system here... It wouldn't work anyway. ;)

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    People who suddenly writes an essay to counteract my sarcastic one-liner.

..actually I love it.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    People who like Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber. :P

Seriously though, Micki Minaj's voice annoys me sooo much. Can't deny that plum Anaconda song is catchy though. XD. I hate it, the song is so catchy but it also makes me want to cut off my ears because I can't stand her voice.
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Seriously though, Micki Minaj's voice annoys me sooo much. Can't deny that plum Anaconda song is catchy though. XD. I hate it, the song is so catchy but it also makes me want to cut off my ears because I can't stand her voice.

PdAS7Rw.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Writing a really long post on this forum and it gets deleted straight away.

This how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 started.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

PdAS7Rw.gif

Aha, Ellen. That one just makes me laugh. XD
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    "Blu-ray is pointless. My HDTV automatically upgrades my DVDs to blu-ray quality."
    "Blu-ray is dumb. I bought a blu-ray movie and it won't play on my DVD player."

My favorite:

"I was promised Casablanca to be in color. It's black and white and not in widescreen. I think we should have a class action for false advertising."

Yeah, good luck suing over a 70-year-old movie.
  • Options
    123321ab123321ab Posts: 299 Member
    Crumbs in the butter..
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Chunks in iceecream.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Bronies
  • Options
    When men lie about the dumbest things
    plopppo wrote: »
    Writing a really long post on this forum and it gets deleted straight away.

This how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 started.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 started out as a troll and he kept getting blocked from forums.
    That's when he said, enough is enough.