Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

things that annoy you

baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
autoplaying videos on websites-- this really grinds my gears especially if you open a few tabs at once and have to scramble to find which one has it.. don't know why websites do this

my phone randomly deciding to sync all my facebook contacts (260 or so people) to my phone contacts when i had that feature disabled (apprantly a recent update enabled it)

when people put unpitted olives in salads or pizzas... especially when the others are pitted and you bite into it thinking it's the same

when people use a escalator and stand side by side blocking people who want to walk up/down it quickly

Comments

• Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    When people go on social networking websites asking a question that could have been answered by google.
    "Hey does anyone know when blankity blank happens in town?"
    And when you google it, all the info they could ever need is in the first suggestion.
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    When people pronounce "th" as "f" (You know...Like "fink" instead of "think")!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Dudes in the subway and their "man sitting" :s irks me every single day

rein-it-in-brah.jpg?209
  • Options
    His facial expression!

"Gettin real tired of your 🐸🐸🐸🐸"
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    People who chew with their mouths open.
    People who have loud phone conversations on public transit.
    And a huge +1 to autoplaying video.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    ponytails/fedoras/neckbeard

no specific order
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Oh I thought of another one!
    When a customer at work just CANNOT be pleased no matter how hard you try, (they are upset about rules you didn't make, etc) and they say
    "I am never coming back!" or "I will shop at blank instead, this place sucks" as if that is supposed to upset you.

Lady, I get paid by the hour, not commission. Not getting your sale is not the end of my world.

BUH BYE
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2014
    When people eat and make slurping noises.
    I have a long list of pet peeves , but this is on top of the list. >:)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    When I'm watching shows such as "The X Factor", girls keep screaming when a boy band has finished singing (when the judges are trying to speak - I'm thinking: "Shut up, we get it! The judges would like to comment now!). :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    When I'm watching shows such as "The X Factor", girls keep screaming when a boy band has finished singing (I'm thinking: "Shut up, we get it! The judges would like to comment now!). :mrgreen:
    But if I don't scream how will he know that I'm the one for him and that we belong together? C'mon.

I don't mind it at first, but then when the judges are trying to speak, you hear things like: "I thought it was (*AAAHHHHHHH in the background*)". Sometimes it's amusing though. :mrgreen:

Funny comment though SelenaGrey. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I also hate it when you are walking e.g. Down a corridor/narrow path and the people in front of you are walking so slowly and you are forced to stay behind them because you can't get past. (It's more annoying when there is nobody in front of them)! :mrgreen:

Need I go on? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Trying to peel stickers off something without leaving the sticky behind or destroying the item.

People who display any amount of entitlement.

People who talk on their phone/text while being waited on in public.

People who post selfies more than once monthly and use filters to wipe out any character their face has.

Reality shows.

The list is much longer and some days I think it only has one item, 'people'. But this is a good idea of the things that irritate me.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Trying to look at the old Sims 3 site on my phone.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I also hate it when you are walking e.g. Down a corridor/narrow path and the people in front of you are walking so slowly and you are forced to stay behind them because you can't get past. (It's more annoying when there is nobody in front of them)! :mrgreen:

But you can't go on because the people in front of you have stopped. I am a fast walker naturally so this also annoys me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have to keep going now, I'll just write it all down here:
    - Being interrupted during your sentence, just to be asked what you just said!
    - When people make mess, then complain why it's so messy!
    - YouTube comments that ask about things that are answered in the description!
    - When people find it astonishing when I don't know what the newest phrase that comes into fashion means (Yes, I had to ask what YOLO meant when I first heard it, move on please)!
    - When people with every single electronic device known to man say things such as: "I never have anything to do" or "I never get anything" (Really?)

That's all I can think of so far... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

But you can't go on because the people in front of you have stopped. I am a fast walker naturally so this also annoys me.

It annoys me as well.

I'll be quiet now, I've made too many comments. :mrgreen:

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    What @elliskane3 said about people in hallways, especially when they stand shoulder to shoulder like a line of soldiers.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I can't believe I didn't think of these earlier:
    People who walk three abreast on the sidewalk so nobody else can get by them in either direction. Grrrr.
    And also people who clump in groups across the whole sidewalk to chat with friends they ran into or are leaving a restaurant with. MOVE THE PLUM OVER, FOLKS. It's not hard.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    autoplaying videos on websites-- this really grinds my gears especially if you open a few tabs at once and have to scramble to find which one has it.. don't know why websites do this
    Well if it's YouTube videos you're talking about, there is something you can do about this. There are several plugins that allow you to modify YouTube completely to your liking, including auto-play for embedded videos. I use this one, it's very complicated and extended but worth it if you have it all set up. I'm sure there are some other alternatives as well :) There are many other websites that have their own players though, and that indeed is very annoying. Especially when they instantly go super loud.

I get easily annoyed by the typical introverted pet peeves: too crowded situations, people in my personal space, people trying to involve me in extroverted behaviour "that's like, totally crazy!"
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    People who cough, sneeze, or spit loudly. People who spit out in the open in public spaces even if quietly. People who slam doors of cars, cabinets, houses, etc.
  • Options
    SenpaiSimmerSenpaiSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Autoplay music on Tumblr or any website
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    The lady who keeps talking to me at work when I'm busy. Shut the plum up, I'm trying to work here!

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    Oh I thought of another one!
    When a customer at work just CANNOT be pleased no matter how hard you try, (they are upset about rules you didn't make, etc) and they say
    "I am never coming back!" or "I will shop at blank instead, this place sucks" as if that is supposed to upset you.

Lady, I get paid by the hour, not commission. Not getting your sale is not the end of my world.

BUH BYE

omg I feel exactly the same way! Yes to all of this! Like, dude, I don't own this store. I don't care if you shop here or not??

One time this lady was upset at me 'cause the place I worked at didn't have batteries, and demanded to know why we didn't. ????? I don't control anything that goes on here??? I'm just a cashier???? Go to another store for batteries!!

Working in customer service is the worst! The phrase "the customer is always right" is the worst ever. Why do people think they're so entitled?
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    When someone asks you what's wrong when nothing's wrong, and when you tell them that nothing's wrong, they think you're lying and try to coax you into telling them what you're hiding such that you have to stop and think, "Wait, IS something wrong and I just don't realize it...?" but then you're like, "No, I'm pretty sure if I have to put this much effort into figuring out if something's wrong that there's nothing wrong." but in the moment that you're having this exchange with your own head, it looks like you're actually fabricating some sort of lie or excuse to hide your true feelings, when in actuality this whole misunderstanding was born of a simple condition known as "resting [female dog] face."
    9d9hOnJ.png