Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

things that annoy you

Comments

• Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    What really bugs me is going shopping to get something done very quickly and being harassed by a very desperate salesperson who won't take no for an answer or doesn't understand that when you said "no, I don't need help" that you meant it. Or just browsing the aisles and having another customer try to hold a long conversation when you only wanted to spend 5 minutes or less in the store.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    Phone menus. Yup those things you get when you call a company, doctor, state agency, etc.

Thank you for calling, blah, blah. Your call is important and will be answered in the order received. If you know your party's extension, you may dial it at anytime, or wait for the next representative... Then the phone dials while waiting for the next representative only to hang up!

Then there's those bloody phone menus. Thank you for calling blah, blah. Press 1 for English, Press 2 for Spanish. After pressing 1 there a bunch more confusing options... So you listen, hoping you night find something that's right:

Press 2 for something you heard, but aren't sure you might need because someone else in the house interrupted you as you were listening.

Press 3 for something you think you might have heard you might need, but really aren't sure so you wait...

Press 4 and now be completely confused so you wait and the phone system hangs up!

Oh gawd I hate these things!

John

Then you get options you can't use so you hit one hoping someone can help you. Only to have that person say that you're in the wrong place and will be transferred. Then you end up waiting 10 minutes for your turn!

By the time you get the right department, your cellphone loses signal, or (on land-line) someone in the house picks up the phone only to realize they've *messed* your call up! I remember when there were living, breatheing people there to help you!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Guys who do this:
    tumblr_mpbctzICGM1r3gb3zo1_400.gif
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Really slow internet. Ugh, grates on my nerves.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    When you try to study but find better things to do. :neutral_face:
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Really slow internet. Ugh, grates on my nerves.

This, and really slow computers. My university has the slowest computer. I actually takes ten minutes for it to load when you log on. It used to not be so slow, but after they installed Windows 8, everything on the computers is painfully slow.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Gifs
    Gifs that are repeated in quotes that follow the gifs...now I have to see in several times. blah
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Phone menus. Yup those things you get when you call a company, doctor, state agency, etc.

Thank you for calling, blah, blah. Your call is important and will be answered in the order received. If you know your party's extension, you may dial it at anytime, or wait for the next representative... Then the phone dials while waiting for the next representative only to hang up!

Then there's those bloody phone menus. Thank you for calling blah, blah. Press 1 for English, Press 2 for Spanish. After pressing 1 there a bunch more confusing options... So you listen, hoping you night find something that's right:

Press 2 for something you heard, but aren't sure you might need because someone else in the house interrupted you as you were listening.

Press 3 for something you think you might have heard you might need, but really aren't sure so you wait...

Press 4 and now be completely confused so you wait and the phone system hangs up!

John

Then you get options you can't use so you hit one hoping someone can help you. Only to have that person say that you're in the wrong place and will be transferred. Then you end up waiting 10 minutes for your turn!

By the time you get the right department, your cellphone loses signal, or (on land-line) someone in the house picks up the phone only to realize they've *messed* your call up! I remember when there were living, breatheing people there to help you!

And people who spoke your language! :(

• Options

John

Ugh, or:

Automated voice speaker: "Please speak into the phone for what you need assistance in."

Me: "Flight Reservation"

*Baby in background: Wahh!*

Automated voice speaker: "I'm sorry, please speak again."

-_-
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

John

Ugh, or:

Automated voice speaker: "Please speak into the phone for what you need assistance in."

-_-

And if you have even a slight accent, the system cannot understand you and you repeat yourself too many times.
  • Options
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »

John

Ugh, or:

-_-

And if you have even a slight accent, the system cannot understand you and you repeat yourself too many times.

That's my mom. That's why I do it, but we were babysitting and the baby started to babble ... and well that's what happened -_-
  • Options
    Dudebros..
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Guys who do this:

Guys who use, "Don't I know you from somewhere??" as a pick-up line knowing plum-well they've never been in my presence. -__-
    Guys who say, "I'm not like a plum like other guys, I have sisters. I respect women." (as I like to call it, a plum's favorite pick-up line)
    Guys who say, "Can't we just be friends?" when you tell them you have a boyfriend
    Guys who don't take the hint when you ignore their thirsty comments and continue to follow you down the street
    Guys who act like a plum when you politely reject them, eg "Oh you're so you beautiful, I would love to get to know you...WELL PLUM YOU TOO, PLUM. YOU UGLY PLUM, YOU AIN'T EVEN THAT CUTE, PLUM YOU, PLUM"
    Guys who spend all day on the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram insulting women that they could never bag
    Guys ^^ who insult these women when they're about an overall 2 (looks, personality, future prospects) as far as men are concerned
    Guys who say lady gays are great and wonderful but man gays are all going to plum
    Guys who don't keep it 100
    Guys who abuse women
    Guys who say "I love you" because they apparently think I'm desperate for love and will sleep with them if they say it
    Guys who tell every female they meet that they're going to marry them
    Guys who think thug-life will get them anywhere
    Guys who think it's okay to make inappropriate comments about a woman's body
    Guys who who hit on you while you're clearly on the phone
    Guys who complain about being "the nice guy" when they're only being the nice guy because they're trying to have relations with a girl
    Guys
    Guys
    Guys
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    False claims of " isims" ( Raceisim,sexisim etc )
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited November 2014
    Just now, I tried to click on this tab and I accidentally clicked on the X button!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    Guys who do this:

Guys who use, "Don't I know you from somewhere??" as a pick-up line knowing plum-well they've never been in my presence. -__-
    Guys who say, "I'm not like a plum like other guys, I have sisters. I respect women." (as I like to call it, a plum's favorite pick-up line)
    Guys who say, "Can't we just be friends?" when you tell them you have a boyfriend
    Guys who don't take the hint when you ignore their thirsty comments and continue to follow you down the street
    Guys who act like a plum when you politely reject them, eg "Oh you're so you beautiful, I would love to get to know you...WELL PLUM YOU TOO, PLUM. YOU UGLY PLUM, YOU AIN'T EVEN THAT CUTE, PLUM YOU, PLUM"
    Guys who spend all day on the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram insulting women that they could never bag
    Guys ^^ who insult these women when they're about an overall 2 (looks, personality, future prospects) as far as men are concerned
    Guys who say lady gays are great and wonderful but man gays are all going to plum
    Guys who abuse women
    Guys who say "I love you" because they apparently think I'm desperate for love and will sleep with them if they say it
    Guys who complain about being "the nice guy" when they're only being the nice guy because they're trying to have relations with a girl
    Guys
    Guys
    Guys

Now I feel so much better about being male. Lol. :mrgreen:

What exactly is that man doing? I can't differentiate between him trying to rob her or hold her hand... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member

John

Then you get options you can't use so you hit one hoping someone can help you. Only to have that person say that you're in the wrong place and will be transferred. You're put on hold and you end up waiting 10 minutes for your turn!
    Thennn, you have to repeat EVERYTHING to the next person.

I once was on the phone for a good thirty freakin' minutes to an HOUR when dealing with a problem with my laptop and kept getting passed around because the people I originally called couldn't help me and sent me to a different person only to find that the original person sent me to the wrong frickin' line in the first place. And I talked to at least three or four different people before I actually got helped. UGH!!
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    My sims are not using the chairs or computers I put in their rooms. After getting a book from their bedroom, they have to walk downstairs or outside to the porch to read the book instead of using the chair in their rooms. Also, each of them has a computer in their room. Neither one of them wants to use their own and feel that it is easier to use their relative's computers instead. I'm tempted to remove all of their means of entertainment, but they'll whine non-stop if I do.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    anime
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    My sims are not using the chairs or computers I put in their rooms. After getting a book from their bedroom, they have to walk downstairs or outside to the porch to read the book instead of using the chair in their rooms. Also, each of them has a computer in their room. Neither one of them wants to use their own and feel that it is easier to use their relative's computers instead. I'm tempted to remove all of their means of entertainment, but they'll whine non-stop if I do.

LOL, yes to the first bit. For the second one, I just lock sims out of everybody else's rooms so that they can't use each others computers or sleep in each others beds.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    lilhunny wrote: »
    anime

giphy.gif
  • Options
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    Juana wrote: »
    Guys who do this:

Guys who abuse women
    Guys
    Guys
    Guys

Now I feel so much better about being male. Lol. :mrgreen:

What exactly is that man doing? I can't differentiate between him trying to rob her or hold her hand... :mrgreen:
    Are you being serious or sarcastic?

And to answer your question, he is trying to hold her hand in a creepy way as possible
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2014
    Breaking news, that turns into a press conference about something that could wait until the next news broadcast (or they ramble on for an hour before getting to the point that had been revealed online an hour earlier, and still miss the important info neglecting the whole issue anyway), and you can't watch the show you were watching on one of the very very rare occasions you get to watch it. >.< Yet, when it's something really really important and urgent it takes like a 1 minute alert interrupting your program or they just have a little bar with info scroll across the bottom of the screen.

It's happened to me like 3 times in the last week... only once was important and they still handled it like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and neglected the real issues behind it.

Edit to add: When the TV listings are wrong, and you go to put on a show to get away from said breaking news broadcast and it's some stupid show, instead of the one you were trying to put on.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

LOL, yes to the first bit. For the second one, I just lock sims out of everybody else's rooms so that they can't use each others computers or sleep in each others beds.

I usually lock the rooms to specific sims when I play University Life, but not much when I'm playing my main game save. Guess I will have to do that for every lot I play. :D
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    when you are watching a Youtube video and the ad keeps buffering. Or when the ad is longer than the video itself. :P