Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    SOOOO... I didn't have that much progress, since some of the progress was lost, back to the point where Adrianna was in labor with Tobias & Noah, and when Mason & Micah were still in the house. Thankfully, the pregnancy results were the same... :(
    It was Talk Like A Pirate Day on Friday when Myron & Caron aged up into teens. There's only one spot left, and Adrianna might have birth on the weekend... so this might be the only time Adrianna gets a single with the fertile trait & on the ley line lot trait (I hope, I like multiples aside from taking care of them! XD). I also got Helena & Johanna to child stage.

Update for 8/21/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 31 children so far. (Miscalculation of children because of a missing birth certificate :/ )
    Mother: N/A, Father: N/A
    Pregnant still (with sadly, one)
    Adrianna has approximately 22 days into elderhood (I'm not sure anymore :s )
    They live in their second house.
    Children so far:
    24 children moved out
    2 teens (Myron & Caron)
    2 children (Helena & Johanna)
    0 toddlers
    2 babies (Tobias & Noah)
    30 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far. Not a lot of progress... AGAIN.
  • Options
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Identical Twins Star & Night aged up into young adults. Sadly Night died right after of extreme humiliation :( I forgot to wait until her teen moodiness wore off. At least she reached young adult age first so she still counts but I was quite disappointed since I hadn't even had a chance to upload her to my library for other saves yet. At least not since child aged. We pleaded with Grim but it didn't work.
    >
    Oh no! :o That's sad... Was Tonga or Star or anybody else sad? I mean, I never had my sims witness any death except for test saves (where I play around with sims). And I don't think any of my sims will ever die of that cause...
  • Options
    > @felicia__nicole said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's it! I forgot I locked it to everyone but the matriarch because the cradles are in there and I got tired of the kids blocking them. LOL
    > Thanks!

You could try putting the bassinets into a tiny room connected only to the matriarch's bedroom, so basically everybody can go into the bedroom, but not to the bedroom. If this helps, you're welcome!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Identical Twins Star & Night aged up into young adults. Sadly Night died right after of extreme humiliation :( I forgot to wait until her teen moodiness wore off. At least she reached young adult age first so she still counts but I was quite disappointed since I hadn't even had a chance to upload her to my library for other saves yet. At least not since child aged. We pleaded with Grim but it didn't work.
    >
    Oh no! :o That's sad... Was Tonga or Star or anybody else sad? I mean, I never had my sims witness any death except for test saves (where I play around with sims). And I don't think any of my sims will ever die of that cause...

Yes they mourned for 2 days. But we are at the stage of game where siblings and uncles and baby dads die and they mourn often. Even infants mourn i notice. You'll meet all their needs but they stay sad and then they mourn another 2 days when they age up to tot
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Well I just moved houses again *eye roll* I just wasn't pleased with the last house, waaaaay to big for my liking. So now they are moving to the city into a penthouse. All rooms minus kids bedrooms (with beds obviously) are done!

Still a couple chapters left until you get to see the penthouse but I hope to do a tour then! Also I think I might do an intermission chapter where we catch up with previous kids who are married with kids and flag them all because my save is starting to lag and I'm only 21 kids into the challenge.
  • Options
    Tobias & Noah aged up to toddlers. And it's still the weekend. But it's close to Monday... Adrianna's in her third trimester, too.

Update for 8/22/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with still 31 children so far.
    Pregnant still (with one)
    Adrianna has approximately 22 days into elderhood
    Children so far:
    25 children moved out
    2 teens (Myron & Caron)
    2 children (Helena & Johanna)
    2 toddlers (Tobias & Noah)
    0 babies
    31 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far.
  • Options
    Tobias & Noah aged up to children!. It's now Thursday, and Helena & Johanna are teens, too! Myron & Caron moved out, too. Adrianna, the matriarch, happened to go into labor while the kids were still at school, so she only had one baby, Vera (First single in quite a while! :/ ) Harvestfest is on Thursday, too, so the family will have some fun... I hope. ;)

Update for 8/23/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with still 32 children so far.
    Pregnant with Pierce Delgato's baby
    Children so far:
    27 children moved out
    2 teens (Helena & Johanna)
    2 children (Tobias & Noah)
    0 toddlers
    1 baby (Vera)
    32 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far. Finally, some progress! :D
  • Options
    AlinaStarshineAlinaStarshine Posts: 4 New Member
    So I don't post much but omg ... I am almost done ! wow ... just had baby 100... so I just need the 7 little ones in the house to be able to age up. We have 1 teen, 3 Children, 2 Todlers, and 1 infant. On Mom # 4

I ended up making a google sheet to keep track of the kids / parents. Helped a lot.

I did have occult sims, but did not use the alt "they count for more than one" rule. We had 1 Alien, 2 Vampires, and 3 Merfolk.

Looking back I started the challenge on Feb 23rd 2019, so it's taken 6 months. I'm kinda proud of what I've done.
  • Options
    Going through the family tree, it looks like Fletcher married Bella Goth after Mortimer died and for some reason I find this funny.
  • Options
    So I don't post much but omg ... I am almost done ! wow ... just had baby 100... so I just need the 7 little ones in the house to be able to age up. We have 1 teen, 3 Children, 2 Todlers, and 1 infant. On Mom # 4

I ended up making a google sheet to keep track of the kids / parents. Helped a lot.

I did have occult sims, but did not use the alt "they count for more than one" rule. We had 1 Alien, 2 Vampires, and 3 Merfolk.

Looking back I started the challenge on Feb 23rd 2019, so it's taken 6 months. I'm kinda proud of what I've done.

Congrats! Technically you are done :) Even though kids don't count until they are young adults... the challenge ends as soon as baby 100 is born and you don't have to raise the rest after that according to the rules :)
  • Options
    Twins Canyon & Cloud became young adults (I didn't add a new photo since they look the same haha) Canyon moved out, Cloud has stayed until we have other teens:
    360BOy9.png

Leaf became a child
    G6V9PhV.png

Twins Tree & Violet became toddlers
    s46QGAB.png

Tonga is pregnant with baby 78 (possibly 79 and 80 in there too? We'll find out, haha! There's room for 3 more)

• Options
    Twins Canyon & Cloud became young adults (I didn't add a new photo since they look the same haha) Canyon moved out, Cloud has stayed until we have other teens:
    360BOy9.png

Leaf became a child
    G6V9PhV.png

Twins Tree & Violet became toddlers
    s46QGAB.png

Tonga is pregnant with baby 78 (possibly 79 and 80 in there too? We'll find out, haha! There's room for 3 more)

I can't get over how close you are to finishing!
  • Options
  • Options
    Luclylu wrote: »

Haha, me neither! I am wondering if I can finish it this generation or not. THat's my goal but there's still 22 kids to go, so we'll see. Tonga's still only about 2/3 to adult though so I think we can do it.

• Options
    New chapter --> Chapter 16

Cute photos! :)
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Well I just moved houses again *eye roll* I just wasn't pleased with the last house, waaaaay to big for my liking. So now they are moving to the city into a penthouse. All rooms minus kids bedrooms (with beds obviously) are done!

Still a couple chapters left until you get to see the penthouse but I hope to do a tour then! Also I think I might do an intermission chapter where we catch up with previous kids who are married with kids and flag them all because my save is starting to lag and I'm only 21 kids into the challenge.

Ah, what a wonderful tip. I'm going to move my household ASAP. Was fed up with the whole challenge, 32 babies in. I've had a family home from day one, but there's nothing that stops me from living somewhere else, really :D Money isn't an issue, as I use a mod that gives me child support :D
  • Options
    Skosalg wrote: »

Ah, what a wonderful tip. I'm going to move my household ASAP. Was fed up with the whole challenge, 32 babies in. I've had a family home from day one, but there's nothing that stops me from living somewhere else, really :D Money isn't an issue, as I use a mod that gives me child support :D

I have always been curious how much money my Sim would have by now with child support turned on, but I wanted to play by the challenge rules my first time around haha! I might turn it on after baby 100 and continue on just for fun though LOL!

Just out of curiousity: Do you guys pay attention to your toddler's traits when skill building, or just raise them all the same way?

I was just doing it all the same way but now I'm paying more attention, like Independent kids actually learn faster when they do stuff themselves rather than having a parent help them, wild kids stay happier if you let them outside once in awhile, clingy kids need parents help for all skills (well they don't but they learn a lot faster if they have it), etc.
  • Options

Haha, me neither! I am wondering if I can finish it this generation or not. THat's my goal but there's still 22 kids to go, so we'll see. Tonga's still only about 2/3 to adult though so I think we can do it.

Oh wow! What generation is Tonga?
  • Options

Oh wow! What generation is Tonga?

3rd gen :)
  • Options
    IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    Hey Guys, so I literally just made an account but I’ve been looking through the forums for a while accountless and I’m thinking of starting the 100 Baby Challenge...

Wish me luck!
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
  • Options
    Hey Guys, so I literally just made an account but I’ve been looking through the forums for a while accountless and I’m thinking of starting the 100 Baby Challenge...

Wish me luck!

Good luck!! Keep us posted :)
  • Options
    IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Good luck!! Keep us posted :)

Will do, though it might take a few days and I won’t be able to show pics for a while.
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
  • Options
    This is yesterday's post... Adrianna had twins, Messiah & Zara (b/g). She also got pregnant with the celebrity Dustin Broke's baby. Helena & Johanna are still teens, but they got their skills to level 3 (thanks for holidays sometimes!) and Noah & Tobias are still children. But Vera aged up at least, and she's on her way to level 3 skills!

Update for 8/24/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 34 children so far.
    Pregnant with Dustin Broke's baby
    Children so far:
    27 children moved out
    2 teens (Helena & Johanna)
    2 children (Tobias & Noah)
    1 toddler (Vera)
    2 babies (Messiah & Zara)
    34 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far.
  • Options
    I have seen people complaining about raising toddlers & babies, but for some reason, it has come naturally to the mothers (not just the matriarch) I have. I didn't feel so overwhelmed raising toddlers with no help, sometimes a baby started crying during bath time or woohooing (which you can't continue after stopping it) but I usually let the babies cry till I'm ready. Some tips I use is to just have batches of food in the fridge so it doesn't run out while the matriarch is busy. In the matriarch's free time, you could cook more food (Party size) so you never have to worry about hungry toddlers. And ever since I found shortcuts to getting skills up easier. At the beginning, I just glued the toddlers to tablets, like a lot of other people do, and it went too slowly. But then as I went on, I found techniques to make it go MUCH faster. Now, I think I should just sell the tablets XD For communication, spam the babble social on the stuffed animal. Imagination, toy or dollhouse. Thinking, spam the watch social on a sim. Movement, I usually got it over time, but wandering or using nesting blocks is a charm (there is a glitch in my game where in some point while wandering, the game resets the toddler, causing it to drop their harvestables, and not wander anymore). With potty, I maintain a strict schedule, and when I see the bladder is halfway, I make a teen or the matriarch (or a YA) potty train them. When it's level 2, I make them go potty over and over again. Using these tricks, I got the toddlers to the child stage easier. You should also have schedules for babies if you're able to. If they are multiples, and one baby cries for a need, chances are the other will want the same thing. Babies need to be fed approximately 5-8 hours apart. And I have the sprinklers and only let the matriarch cook food on the stove, as she has max cooking skill. The only fires I ever got were literally from mishaps from the genius chemistry table o:) And it rarely ever spread, except when it once made an expensive bed through the wall ashes... My matriarch's a master painter and didn't really bother with the money tree yet. Because of these tips, I never got a child taken away.
    I hope these tips help for new players, and you're welcome! :)
  • Options
    Skosalg wrote: »

I'm always switching houses. I can't even remember what number of house I'm on now haha I feel you about the money, they have sooooo much of it from the money trees. Plus for some reason child support payments started working 2 sim weeks ago in my game. For some reason it wasn't and now it is. I contemplated cheating the money away but they have so much that it doesn't make a difference at this point in the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top