Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2019
    So after a makeover...
    Day and Storm as Kids.

RkhMSz1.png

I ended up moving out Thunder, and Day and Storm aged up to teens so I moved Lightning out soon after.
    River and Brook are now kids
    We have twin baby girls Star and Night who just aged into toddlers, which put us at 70 kids in now!
    I'll put up photos of the rest of the kids tomorrow sometime.
    edited August 2019
    Storm and Day are now teens:
    cKVbFvH.png

River & Brook are Kids
    FeTcQCc.png

Night and Star are Toddlers
    GZXT3Tg.png
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Zora1327 wrote: »
    >
    > > @SimAlexandria said:
    > > Zora1327 wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @SimAlexandria said:
    > > > PS... Get your matriarch to level 10 painting if you haven't. Then have teen Sims paint at the easel and have the matriarch come over and Mentor them. They go from Level 1 to 3 painting in a matter of seconds when they have a mentor helping them. It really helps them build that skill
    > >
    > > Thanks! But WOW! What a coincidence, my matriarch actually makes money as a painter! So yup, she's level 10! I wanted to do something different than what everybody else does in their challenges: write. I also realized it's faster to get money as a painter in the beginning, because it royalties come daily, and it might not be a lot in the beginning. Since Adrianna (the matriarch) is level 10 now, she gets hundreds and even thousands from one painting. But I can see why people choose writing. XD
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I started out as writing and then switched to painting. Then at the end of the second gen we got our first money tree and now my Sims are suddenly millionaires so I don't worry about either. But I want all matriarchs to have lvl 4 writing so they can write love emails to get the relationship high with potentional baby dads easily, and lvl 10 painting to mentor teens through the skills haha! lvl 10 charisma for meeting baby dads is handy too and I also like them to have lvl 10 cooking/gourmet cooking just so they can eat nice meals LOL.
    >
    > Yup. I got reward traits such as beguiling & great kisser, too, so I don't need to worry too much about social rejection or wasting time chatting so much. I can do an enchanting introduction, then beguile them, do the the first kiss, try for a baby, and voila! A baby! With the fertile trait, I never need to worry about not conceiving. My matriarch also got famous though, just from selling paintings (lmao) and now she has the refined palate quirk, but I have level 10 cooking, so I usually don't try gourmet or baking with her. But when it comes time for the next matriarch... all that goes away... :P
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I raised mine to lvl 10 cooking/painting/charisma/gourmet cooking when she was still a teen so she was all ready as soon as she became matriarch haha. I even got her romance high with another teen boy to line up hahaha! Gen 2 matriarch was already elderly so I knew she was going to be the next one.

XD I'm pretty sure what I want to do for the next matriarch. Since there's no rush to move people out or age up the next matriarch, because the previous one's an elder. So I would get the skills to level 10, (and maybe attempt to reach level 10 hopefully while her mother's still alive?) And work the rest of the way. I also want to try different styles for the matriarchs. Adrianna's a painter, so maybe her youngest daughter can be a writer, and HER youngest daughter can be a programmer etc. Lol. I also want to meet a lot of guys before she's rushed into motherhood XD

XD I'm pretty sure what I want to do for the next matriarch. Since there's no rush to move people out or age up the next matriarch, because the previous one's an elder. So I would get the skills to level 10, (and maybe attempt to reach level 10 hopefully while her mother's still alive?) And work the rest of the way. I also want to try different styles for the matriarchs. Adrianna's a painter, so maybe her youngest daughter can be a writer, and HER youngest daughter can be a programmer etc. Lol. I also want to meet a lot of guys before she's rushed into motherhood XD

Yeah I didn't rush with her. I also let older siblings stay a bit longer, help earn money and take care of everything while my heir was skill building.
    Update: River & Brook aged up. Here they are as teens but they are young adults now.
    SVad8YQ.png

Star & Night aged up into Kids
    xM0Xqt6.png

New twins Rose & Iris are toddlers
    6PKvoQ9.png

And of course our matriarch Tonga is pregnant with baby 73 of the challenge
    SyGfv1f.png

• LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Well I powered through it and now the triplets are children! And just moved out 3 kids so hopefully (fingers crossed) Isabelle doesn't have another set of triplets this pregnancy.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SimAlexandria - Such adorable photos! River looks so much like Tonga. Star & Night are beautiful! Are they identical? Rose and Iris look identical too. Are there any of the kids that you're more attached to? I always have a kid it seems that when it's time to age them up, I don't want to as I'll be all attached. Tonga is gorgeous....I love that Island Living hair on her.

Off topic question to the challenge, but how do you get the kids to pose together in front of the background & fit them all on one screenshot for the camera? I put two markers down and when I use the tripod and try to take photos a Sim is on the left or right, posing but I'm unable to get them in the shot together. LOL....I'm still trying to figure out this Moschino SP, with that camera. Not sure I'm doing it right. Photos are blurry when I put them in the frame even though they're outstanding quality.
    @SimAlexandria - Such adorable photos! River looks so much like Tonga. Star & Night are beautiful! Are they identical? Rose and Iris look identical too. Are there any of the kids that you're more attached to? I always have a kid it seems that when it's time to age them up, I don't want to as I'll be all attached. Tonga is gorgeous....I love that Island Living hair on her.

Off topic question to the challenge, but how do you get the kids to pose together in front of the background & fit them all on one screenshot for the camera? I put two markers down and when I use the tripod and try to take photos a Sim is on the left or right, posing but I'm unable to get them in the shot together. LOL....I'm still trying to figure out this Moschino SP, with that camera. Not sure I'm doing it right. Photos are blurry when I put them in the frame even though they're outstanding quality.

Thanks :). Yes both sets of girl /girl twins turned out identical. Right now I am most attached to Star and Night but overall throughout the challenge I've been most attached to a 2nd gen kid named, China and the most recent to move out twins a Thunder and Lightning i really had a hard time with too. I'll probably play them in a diff save after haha. I upload a lot of them so I can use them elsewhere later which helps haha.
  • felicia__nicolefelicia__nicole Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2019
    Has anyone else ran into this problem? I have a donor and our romance bar is almost full. I keep trying to have a baby with him and the do the excited thing like they are going to go woo-hoo but then every time my matriarch gets the bubble with the footsteps and an x and waves her arm. The bed is in the exact same place that it has been when I tried for a baby with all the previous donors and she can get in and out of the bed on both sides to sleep with no problem. I tried moving the bed to different wall but still have the same results.
    Has anyone else ran into this problem? I have a donor and our romance bar is almost full. I keep trying to have a baby with him and the do the excited thing like they are going to go woo-hoo but then every time my matriarch gets the bubble with the footsteps and an x and waves her arm. The bed is in the exact same place that it has been when I tried for a baby with all the previous donors and she can get in and out of the bed on both sides to sleep with no problem. I tried moving the bed to different wall but still have the same results.

I have. I don't know if it helps but for me it was a case of a locked door. I forgot if it was the bedroom door or the front door but the donor couldn't get in
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Yeah I didn't rush with her. I also let older siblings stay a bit longer, help earn money and take care of everything while my heir was skill building.

Yup. But I'm nowhere near close to the next matriarch's birth. Adrianna's far, far away from elderhood... So I don't have anything to worry about
    yet XD
    So she had twin girls... and toddler skill-building is moving quite ever so slowly. I also haven't been playing the 100 baby challenge that often, so not a lot of progress... But at least she can get pregnant again! But becoming pregnant was a chore when it came to Ishaan Gandhi, my new donor...

Update for 8/18/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 28 children so far.
    Mother: N/A, Father: N/A
    Pregnant right now (which can only be 1 if Mason & Micah don't age out soon)
    Adrianna has approximately 23 days into elderhood
    They live in their second house.
    Children so far:
    22 children moved out
    2 children (Mason & Micah)
    2 toddlers (Myron & Caron)
    2 babies (Helena & Johanna)
    28 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far.
  • ZiwiZiwi Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, 100 baby players. I started this chalenge a few weeks ago and it's fun :) Now my matriach Ella Parker has 18 children (11 boys and 7 girls) :) She is just 4 days until adult.

I read some of your comments, and really liked the idea of name themes (alphabetic seems very fun). Personally I started naming children various random names (mostly I just push random button until I find the name I like), but in the second generation I will definitely think of a theme :)
    Well apparently I had aging while pregnant turned on so I might be able to get 1 more pregnancy out of Isabelle before she turns into an adult. She's currently pregnant with baby #22.
  • felicia__nicolefelicia__nicole Posts: 38 Member

I have. I don't know if it helps but for me it was a case of a locked door. I forgot if it was the bedroom door or the front door but the donor couldn't get in

That's it! I forgot I locked it to everyone but the matriarch because the cradles are in there and I got tired of the kids blocking them. LOL
    Thanks!
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2019
    My matriarch is back to having single babies instead of triplets, now I have some time to breath :)

I just hit the 20th baby mark! I'm playing them as a tribe with themed buildings and outfits. The matriarch must sacrifice all the baby daddies and it's sooo much easier to keep track this way. No searching the family tree to check if that particular dude contributed or not to the family, so I can go daddy hunting on advance. I have a few candidates lined up already B)

In my previous 100 baby save I made a boarding school setting with a classroom to make homework, art and music studio, science room, gym and pool, school like cafeteria and dorms. I also created "private school" uniforms and it was so easy to makeover and dress the kids.

I like playing with this crazy games, it's fun to create some crazy settings and twists for the challenge.

Edit: Here are the buildings I used for the boarding school if anyone want to check it out, there's even a rundown version to renovate as you play, I totally recommend it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZSD-RDiJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_x1udnO0mQ
    Rose & Iris share a friendly hug
    ciDvp5q.png

"Mum, are you okay?" Star looks concerned about Tonga right after Tonga goes into labour. Her twin sister Night on the other hand doesn't seem to even notice as she continues to play with her toy dinosaur.
    iMYJ5o8.png

Tonga checks on Rose & Iris
    GCsJ2HY.png

Star & Night have aged into teens.
    qM6tcfk.png

Not in photos:
    Brook moved out. Tonga gave birth to boy/girl twins Canyon and Cloud. We are now 74 babies in.
    New chapter finally! I've been doing quite a bit of playing and ended up having 3 chapters worth of screenshots but Wordpress doesn't seem to be working properly on my phone so I've had to wait to write until I had the urge.

Chapter 15
    I'm keeping Mason and Micah in the house because, um, I have no idea XD. Maybe to help me? Not that I would need it, however. Only two toddlers. Adrianna's still pregnant, and in her third trimester. I'm thinking of aging out Mason & Micah now, before Adrianna goes into labor.

Update for 8/19/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with still 28 children so far.
    Pregnant right now (which can only be 1 if Mason & Micah don't move out soon)
    Adrianna has approximately 23 days into elderhood
    Children so far:
    22 children moved out
    2 YAs (Mason & Micah)
    2 children (Myron & Caron)
    2 toddlers (Helena & Johanna)
    0 babies
    28 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far. Not a lot of progress...
    Adrianna had two twin boys, Tobias & Noah. Myron & Caron are teens now, and I ended up moving out both Mason & Micah, because I was worried I would only get one baby, and I might get triplets. Helena & Johanna are still toddlers, unfortunately. Adrianna's pregnant again, with a guy I made, named Deon Rose.

Update for 8/20/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 30 children so far.
    Pregnant right now (with only one, maybe?)
    Adrianna has approximately 22 days into elderhood
    Children so far:
    24 children moved out
    2 teens (Myron & Caron)
    0 children
    2 babies (Tobias & Noah)
    30 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far. Not a lot of progress again.
    Identical Twins Star & Night aged up into young adults. Sadly Night died right after of extreme humiliation :( I forgot to wait until her teen moodiness wore off. At least she reached young adult age first so she still counts but I was quite disappointed since I hadn't even had a chance to upload her to my library for other saves yet. At least not since child aged. We pleaded with Grim but it didn't work.

My goofy twins (also identical) Rose & Iris became kids.
    AHTI0Ku.png

Boy/Girl Twins Canyon and Cloud became Toddlers
    eXPhEoc.png

Tonga is pregnant.

Zora1327 wrote: »
    Adrianna had two twin boys, Tobias & Noah. Myron & Caron are teens now, and I ended up moving out both Mason & Micah, because I was worried I would only get one baby, and I might get triplets. Helena & Johanna are still toddlers, unfortunately. Adrianna's pregnant again, with a guy I made, named Deon Rose.

Update for 8/20/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 30 children so far.
    Pregnant right now (with only one, maybe?)
    Adrianna has approximately 22 days into elderhood
    Children so far:
    24 children moved out
    2 teens (Myron & Caron)
    0 children
    2 babies (Tobias & Noah)
    30 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far. Not a lot of progress again.

I love the name Helena. I also don't have vampires and am only playing human sims
    The 3/4 Mark!

Star moved out.
    Identical Twins Rose & Iris are now teenagers.
    N3U9hRl.png

Twins Canyon & Cloud are Children
    MvwP9ry.png

And Leaf is a toddler. Leaf is baby 75! (18th of the 3rd generation, and the first singleton child of this gen despite the fact that we'd had room for more in the home.)
    r5WlLn5.png

Tonga is in the third trimester with the next baby (or two???)

Rose & Iris moved out.

Canyon & Cloud became Teens
    vKeJuNI.png

Leaf is still a toddler.

the babies were born. Boy/Girl twins named Tree & Violet for babies 76 and 77

Tonga is pregnant with baby 78
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I love the name Helena. I also don't have vampires and am only playing human sims

Thanks! I just thought of the name, and it fit with my VERY general girls name theme, names ending with -e or -a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top