Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm getting back into my challenge after a few months off. I needed a break of constantly raising kids to go to a more chill pace. I'm sitting at 28 kids right now with my first matriarch. She is still a young adult.

My current breakdown
    - 10 single births, 9 twin births, 0 triplet births
    - 19 girls, 9 boys (#6-18 were 12 girls to 1 boy!)
    - 25 kids reached young adult, 2 kids (twins), 1 toddler

My kids all have names from the A Song of Ice and Fire universe this generation. In order: Rhaella, Cersei, twins Renly & Tommen, twins Oberyn & Ygritte, Ashara, Shireen, Margaery, twins Meera & Valaena, Quentyn, Lyanna, Joanna, twins Helaena & Doreah, twins Myrcella & Wylla, twins Bran & Jeyne, Rickon, twins Orys & Mya, twins Rakharo & Irri, twins Ellyn & Leo, and Melara.

I currently have all my moved out kids in pairs or small groups in houses that are set as played, so they aren't aging way ahead of everybody else.
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Well I'm officially at 15 kids. Farthest I think I've ever gotten. The household is full after welcoming the last baby (baby #15) and I was hoping the twins would of came home on Monday with an A but only one did *eye roll* so hopefully Tuesday the other twin will receive an A. That way I can get Isabelle pregnant before she ages to far.

Since I last updated

Baby #9/10 Fern and Fletcher TEEN
    Baby #11 Gia CHILD
    Baby #12 Heath CHILD
    Baby #13/14 Isaiah and Issac TODDLER
    Baby #15 Jedi TOODLER

So hopefully Tuesday I can get the eldest twins moved out, Wednesday get Gia and Heath moved out and have more babies! I'm not sure how many days of YA she has but I think it's about half way or a little more. I've done well keeping her always pregnant but this is the first time (since I reopened the save) that I've had a full house.
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Luclylu wrote: »
    What's everyone's average for babies per generation?

@Luclylu I'm still on my first Matriarch and she's about to give birth to baby number 60 and she still has 18 days to age up (which she's had 18 days to age up for a quite some time now. I keep her pregnant, constantly, so she never has the chance to age up even a day). I imagine I'll get this challenge done with her as my only matriarch.

Wow! That's impressive!
  • Options
    [quote
    so it would seem Our Generation to has come to an end. I really thought I could get in at least one more pregnancy. I moved out Peru as soon as it said Lucy had zero days left until elderhood. I have room for one more kid in the house, and I figured if I could get her pregnant right away she would stop Aging for 3 days and I figured if I could get her pregnant right away she would stop Aging for 3 days and in that time I could get three to five kids out of the house and then get her pregnant again as soon as she gave birth and just keep doing that till our next full house at which point she would Age up.

However the option to try for a baby is gone. Probably because it's her birthday even if she's not an elder yet maybe it's considering it now that's zero days. The relationship is high and the option to woohoo is there but there's just no try for baby option so I guess she is done

I have mixed feelings on this. I kind of really wanted to get a few more kids from her just because I've really enjoyed having her as my matriarch and it's always a bit of a pain when you start over with zero parenting and all that again

On the other hand, we could have had another girl and I really love our current youngest girl, Tonga. And I'm happy that she will be our next heir

I probably won't be aging her up when she becomes a teen. I'll just wait right until her birthday because I'm going to spend her teen years getting up her Charisma and cooking skills and maybe painting too. Lucy can mentor her and Charisma and painting so they should go up super quickly. Probably let her work on gardening and aspirations too.

Awe, man. Sorry it didn't work out. It probably was because of it being on her birthday. I've not tried to get a Sim pregnant on a birthday, so I'm not sure. But 57 babies is really good.

Thanks and yeah, it's fine. I really like our little heir so I'm not too fussed about it, but I will really miss Lucy. I'm also gonna miss my "Places: name theme. It was a lot of fun.

I think the next theme will be "Mother Nature". However, when there are 14 kids left I've decided that regardless of the current theme the matriarch is going to finish what was started. Our first matriarch had picked alphabetical and got to the letter "L" so the final one will continue with kids "M through Z".

I like the naming scheme you have going on! I've already started to brainstorm what theme I'll chose for generation 2, even though it's still a ways away.
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria I think it's a great idea to end with the letters your first matriarch never got to use.

I still have a while to go before my next generation, but it will probably take me that long to come up with an idea for it that I like.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2019

Thanks and yeah, it's fine. I really like our little heir so I'm not too fussed about it, but I will really miss Lucy. I'm also gonna miss my "Places: name theme. It was a lot of fun.

I think the next theme will be "Mother Nature". However, when there are 14 kids left I've decided that regardless of the current theme the matriarch is going to finish what was started. Our first matriarch had picked alphabetical and got to the letter "L" so the final one will continue with kids "M through Z".

I've done the alphabet the whole time. I'm working on my third pass at it, I think. It's funny, cause all 3 turns, the G have all been boys. It's kind of fun to see what letters are all boys and what ones are all girls (H and D, right off the top of my head). So that gives me something fun to track.

I bet the Mother Nature theme will be fun. I bet if you get super creative, you could find mother nature themed names going from M through Z.

@Luclylu I'm still on my first Matriarch and she's about to give birth to baby number 60 and she still has 18 days to age up (which she's had 18 days to age up for a quite some time now. I keep her pregnant, constantly, so she never has the chance to age up even a day). I imagine I'll get this challenge done with her as my only matriarch.

Wow! That's impressive!

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    So close to finishing 1 chapter and releasing it for this save. Just need to add a couple for photos and then I can publish it! I'm super excited that I revisited this save (instead of making another attempt) and didn't delete my blog for it.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Thanks all :)

I've done the alphabet the whole time. I'm working on my third pass at it, I think. It's funny, cause all 3 turns, the G have all been boys. It's kind of fun to see what letters are all boys and what ones are all girls (H and D, right off the top of my head). So that gives me something fun to track.

I bet the Mother Nature theme will be fun. I bet if you get super creative, you could find mother nature themed names going from M through Z.

Wow! That's impressive!

THanks all, and haha yes I probably could but I'm not sure I'll still be on the "MOther Nature" matriarch by that time anyways, could be on the 4th by then haha.Right now I'm just working on raising Tonga, our Gen 3 matriarch, as she's still a child.
  • Options
  • Options
    > @Luclylu said:
    > New chapter is out! Chapter 11

Looks like things are coming along nicely! I'm starting to have a hard time finding donors. It seems like whenever my matriarch finds people they end up being either her children, her children's spouses, or men who were already donors! I might need to bring in a new batch.

I must have set the adult kids' households to unplayed before my break, because they're doing their own thing. Nobody has died yet though since I left a bunch of them as houseless, unplayed household groups for a while. I expect things will get rough once that happens. Is it charisma that you can use to cheer people up? I should probably figure that out and start working on it in preparation...
  • Options
    AmeliaWarriorAmeliaWarrior Posts: 1 New Member
    I have decided trying the 100 baby challenge for my sims 4 game on the ps4.
    if anyone is interested in watching. You can look up family fun time with Daniel 100 baby challenge
    The first episode is just creating a character and failing to flirt with the men, lol
    If anyone has any name suggestions for the baby, please leave them on the Youtube Video!
    Also, please like and subscribe, so I know that you enjoy the videos!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Gablob2306Gablob2306 Posts: 48 Member
    I started this challenge a while back and keep dipping in and out. I'm finding toddlers to be so stressful.
    Current baby count is 11, starting one number 12 today (fingers crossed). I just tend to randomise names, mainly because I end up spelling things wrong.
  • Options
    tasyachtasyach Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello,, finally back after almost one month didn't get chance to play :(
    anw is using fertile from reward store is allowed?
  • Options
    tasyach wrote: »
    Hello,, finally back after almost one month didn't get chance to play :(
    anw is using fertile from reward store is allowed?

Welcome back! I too just returned to playing. You sure can use the Fertile trait.
  • Options
    New chapter!!
    > Chapter 12

Playing has slowed down a little bit because work has been exhausting and we also just found out the gender of baby #2. I do have another chapter ready to go and hoping to get some game time over the next couple days while I'm off. The one good thing is at work I've been writing the chapters and saving game time for when I'm home LOL
  • Options
    > @Luclylu said:
    > New chapter!! > Chapter 12
    >
    >
    > Playing has slowed down a little bit because work has been exhausting and we also just found out the gender of baby #2. I do have another chapter ready to go and hoping to get some game time over the next couple days while I'm off. The one good thing is at work I've been writing the chapters and saving game time for when I'm home LOL

I love that Father Winter's baby got the "hates children" trait. Maybe she is just DONE with kids after growing up in that house. Also, I didn't know you could flag people to not get married or have kids so I think I'll need to do that. And a big congrats on baby #2!
  • Options
    > @Luclylu said:
    > New chapter!! > Chapter 12
    >
    >
    > Playing has slowed down a little bit because work has been exhausting and we also just found out the gender of baby #2. I do have another chapter ready to go and hoping to get some game time over the next couple days while I'm off. The one good thing is at work I've been writing the chapters and saving game time for when I'm home LOL

I love that Father Winter's baby got the "hates children" trait. Maybe she is just DONE with kids after growing up in that house. Also, I didn't know you could flag people to not get married or have kids so I think I'll need to do that. And a big congrats on baby #2!

Haha I know right! Of all the children to get that trait it just HAD to be Father Winter's daughter. I have MCCC installed and it allows me to flag them. Thanks! :heart:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Lucy ages up her final toddler:
    IlHvSvw.png

Her heir, Tonga, is a teen now, but I haven't been aging her up so quickly since she'll be the next matriarch. I've been working on skills instead. I completed 3/4 childhood aspirations with her (but motor aspiration is bugged in my game and uncompletable :( the play on the jungle gym while playful never completes no matter how many times you do it, it's fine though, she won't need fitness skills haha) She also maxed her photography as a kid. I even made her become good friends with the neighbour boy named Steven.

I'm hoping to max her cooking, painting and charisma while she's still a teen as well as increase romantic interactions with Steven so that we have a baby dad lined up as soon as she becomes a young adult.

Currently in the household is Lucy as an Elder, the identical triplet teens Jamaica, Venezuela and Tonga, identical twin boys Qatar and Benin (also teens) and her youngest (child)
  • Options
    AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    I changed my MCCC settings regarding inherited traits for another save and forgot to change them back.

I'll have to start again, but I'm not sure what kind of new matriarch I should make.
  • Options
    Anisaerah wrote: »
    I changed my MCCC settings regarding inherited traits for another save and forgot to change them back.

I'll have to start again, but I'm not sure what kind of new matriarch I should make.

Does it pass on good traits only, or bad and good? I would think it's fine as long as it passes on both traits and it's random. You are allowed to use mods as long as they don't give an unfair advantage, so if the traits are still random and could be good or bad I'd just continue personally.
  • Options
    Chapter 13 <--- NEW CHAPTER

Just dropping by with a new chapter. I have a couple more chapters saved and taking the time while I write it to take a mini break. Mainly because I have multiples that are a nightmare. Send help haha lol
  • Options
    Oh man! I am getting the notifications that Lucy is in her last days of life. Gonna miss her so much.

In other news though I am focused on her heir Tonga. She's still a teen but has maxed her cooking, charisma, and painting skills and has full romantic relationship with another teen. She'll probably get her a tomorrow but not sure I'll age her up. I might just keep her working on aspirations and socializing to meet new guys in school to make it super easy to jump right in when her bday comes
  • Options
    AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    Anisaerah wrote: »

Does it pass on good traits only, or bad and good? I would think it's fine as long as it passes on both traits and it's random. You are allowed to use mods as long as they don't give an unfair advantage, so if the traits are still random and could be good or bad I'd just continue personally.

It adds random *earned* traits from parents. I figured it out when I had a toddler who didnt need to sleep 🤣
  • Options
    Ah okay, I knew it could pass down reward traits, but figured it could pass down bad traits as well and the one that got passed down was random.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    So, Lucy spent her last few days on earth fishing and on a holiday in Sulani with her triplet daughters. She got to see her last 6 children all age up to young adult on the same day before she died. Actually she died 4 times, but the first 3 we managed to plead with Grim to get a few more hours haha. The final time he was like "Nope".

I uploaded another batch of grown male kids to the gallery under @SimAlex if anyone needs more baby dads.

Our third gen matriarch Tonga is pregnant with her first child!

For some reason, the mods I have are messing up and not allowing for any pregnancies in the game, and I'm not sure what mod it is (I only have MCCC and a few littlemssam ones) so I'm playing without any mods right now. Hoping to figure it out later though. I can deal without MCCC, though I'd miss the "summon sim" and quick full edit CAS links, but I really love my littlemssam mods.

(Does anyone know if there's a mod to keep cheats on and full edit CAS that's NOT MCCC? )

Edit. I deleted just the mc woohoo part of the mod since I don't use it and tried again. Works now so I can put my other mods back :)
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top