Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Monbebe8819Monbebe8819 Posts: 23 Member
    So I am just now getting to play after work. I need to get pregnant again, work on the teens skills, and the toddlers as well. MAKE MONEY. I just built another house so we are low on cash so mom needs to hustle that painting. With possibly 4 teens moving out on monday in the game and every one of the kids has been mermaids so this 100 merbaby thing is working well.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Be very glad you didn't click it. :D

Oh, man. That's a rough save for that glitch to have occurred in. LOL. I get ya, though. I want to say in Sims 2 if a kid got taken away they took ALL the kids in the household away. I'm not 100 percent on that, it's been years and I have a shoddy memory, but it either was like that, or I heard it was like that. At any rate, it put the fear of God in me and that's why I have always been so focused on never letting my kids get taken away.

And that drives me bonkers when I have a sim trying to take care of the baby and everyone starts queuing up to shush the baby. Like, if you aren't gonna help, just go away. And kids drive me nuts the most. Especially in this 100 baby challenge. We have so many dang kids and they just want shush the baby. MOVE! And let me feed the dang kid! :disappointed:

I really like that MCCC feature. Even though I've not had a kid actual taken away, I have it set up to do that in case it ever does happen, I can at least watch the kid still grow up and not have them wiped off the planet. I do that, too. It has to be massively major for me to exit without saving. If a sim randomly dies early.. sorry. In Sims 3, when we'd get those random meteor strikes and would kill all kinds of sims... well, that plum, but sorry. I don't restart. I can't think of a time I have, but I know I have at least a couple times.

I wish there was a bit of actual unexpected danger in TS4. I was excited to see the lava bombs with the Sulani update, but sadly they don't really cause much trouble. I've only had one catch on fire and my sims couldn't put it out right away, until the fire started to spread. Even then, they were able to put it out without it causing damage to any of the property. When I played TS3, I was a major rookie and didn't even know what mods were or that there was a sims community, but I liked how there was a danger aspect to the game.

For the most part, I don't exit without saving either if something goes goes wrong that is a normal game situation.... however, I have been known to exit w/o saving if the game is undergoing a major glitch that causes undue stress to me and/or my sims.

Totally get you all on the darn kids getting in the way of taking care of the kids, or when there are visitors that don't successfully figure out what is wrong with the baby.
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    I'm back! The Barney's will be making a comeback. I recently opened the save (haven't played it since February), gave the matriarch and remaining kids makeovers (I have new overlays and hair CC). Now I'm redecorating a house I downloaded off the gallery in Suluni and then I'll get back to playing. Also don't know what happened to my Excel spreadsheet, so need to redo it with all the kids and points to see where I'm at.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Ashley745 Elijah gave us a baby boy named Peru.

So far Asher's girl Fiji is still our heir, Lucy has 7 days before she ages into an elder. She is not pregnant and it's a Friday night and we can't move anyone out of the house which is full, so she will age at least three more days. Possibly four depending on whether or not Malawi can get her A on Monday. We should be able to get in another pregnancy or maybe even two depending on how many kids we can get out of the house this Sim week but who knows if we'll have another girl or not. I'm playing tonight so we'll find out soon :-)
    So we did manage to move out five kids! And we gave birth to our second set of triplets all girls so we have a new heir. The triplets names are Jamaica, Venezuela, and Tonga. Right now we have Peru who is a child, and the infant triplets, so we have room in our house for three more even. Lucy still has 4 days to become an elder so we'll definitely get another pregnancy in. It's the start of the weekends though so she is slowly inching closer and closer to the end of the generation.
    Forgot to post this one before, big sister Malawi, with the twins Jordan and Israel, and triplets Canada, Argentina and Fiji celebrate Christmas
    rcZ62TW.png

And some more recent ones.

The newest triplets Jamaica, Venezuela and Tonga have become toddlers. I believe they are identical.

HqGNngL.png

The triplets can barely see over the activity table, but it doesn't stop them from playing with it.

tgfK08W.png

Argentina (Middle triplet from @Ashley745 's Asher's crew) reads to younger sister Jamaica outside on the back deck.
    J20fcGI.png

Having difficulty finding a house. I thought I found one, loved th second and third floor but th first floor was just to big and open for my liking. I of course deleted it after I did some Reno's *face palm* so now I'm attempting to build one. Haven't had much time to play the last few days because hubby is home sick so I've been out and about keeping our son busy. But I have the next 2 nights off so hopefully get some play time in then.
    edited July 2019
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Having difficulty finding a house. I thought I found one, loved th second and third floor but th first floor was just to big and open for my liking. I of course deleted it after I did some Reno's *face palm* so now I'm attempting to build one. Haven't had much time to play the last few days because hubby is home sick so I've been out and about keeping our son busy. But I have the next 2 nights off so hopefully get some play time in then.

I can't build at all, but I found one I love and renovated it to work haha.

Game update:
    Lucy gave birth to twin boys and is pregnant again, this time with Josh Meadows baby. @Ashley745

And now I have a pretty big decision to make. In the household we currently have 1 young adult (Peru), Triplet Toddler Girls (Jamaica, Venezuela & Tonga), and twin infant boys (Qatar and Benin) and one on the way.

Lucy has 3 days until she's an elder, probably closer to 2.5. She's in the 2nd or 3rd Trimester and it's a Wednesday Night with a full house. It is impossible we'll get anyone aged up to a young adult now before she becomes an elder.

So the question is... do I move out Peru? He's young adult, so I could. This could allow me for twins this pregnancy, or if I move him out right after she gives birth, gives me one more pregnancy. (Either way, 2 babies instead of 1). The latter MIGHT give me time to get the triplets aged up and out of the house for even more than 2 babies, but that's really, really doubtful as they are only toddlers now. Still, they are getting close to child age. I'm not sure if I can get them into school for Friday or not.

If I do NOT move out Peru, this is for sure the final baby of this generation, there is 0% chance of any more.

BUT....
    Moving Peru out leaves me with no teens, no young adults, no kids even, and a LONG stretch to go where, if something were to happen to Lucy, it'd be game over after 57 kids because everyone would get taken away.

What would you guys do here?

PS @Ashley745 Asher's triplets are in the gallery now. #SimAlex or gallery ID name is SimAlexandria

zFOon15.jpg

Post edited by SimAlexandria on
    @SimAlexandria I did find one but that bottom floor was just to much for me lol Currently building on from scratch, so we shall see how it goes lol

I wouldn't move him out. I'd be to terrified if anything happened lol
    @SimAlexandria I did find one but that bottom floor was just to much for me lol Currently building on from scratch, so we shall see how it goes lol

I wouldn't move him out. I'd be to terrified if anything happened lol

That's kinda what I'm thinking, but then I remembered that, if I can get her pregnant again immediately, nothing can happen to her WHILE she is pregnant since pregnant Sims can't die, and this very well might give me enough time to age up the toddlers... or not, but almost age them up. It'd be a bit long of a stretch if I can't get them into school by Friday Sim time though, so I might just wait and see what happens there. I'd really like to get a few more babies from her, haha! Not sure I'm ready to give her up as matriarch just yet. Still Undecided
    The main level is complete! Well almost, I have all the rooms planned and currently decorating the main part of the house. It has the open concept kitchen/living room/dining room like I wanted. With a door leading to a gym room, computer area/mini library, toddler bedroom, and small washroom. And then an open hallway leading to the master bedroom with ensuite, nursery, and a play area for skilling. The skilling area might just be children and toddlers but won't know until I decorate it. Upstairs I'll need to add multiple bedrooms, another possible skill area for older children, and a few washrooms. Any other ideas for rooms I'm missing out on? There's also a pool off the second floor balcony despite living on the water lol
    edited July 2019
    The main level is complete! Well almost, I have all the rooms planned and currently decorating the main part of the house. It has the open concept kitchen/living room/dining room like I wanted. With a door leading to a gym room, computer area/mini library, toddler bedroom, and small washroom. And then an open hallway leading to the master bedroom with ensuite, nursery, and a play area for skilling. The skilling area might just be children and toddlers but won't know until I decorate it. Upstairs I'll need to add multiple bedrooms, another possible skill area for older children, and a few washrooms. Any other ideas for rooms I'm missing out on? There's also a pool off the second floor balcony despite living on the water lol

Nice, I'm terrible at building lol. Our 100 baby home though is all one story. We have 4 kids/teens bedrooms, 1 toddler bedroom with a playroom off of it, 1 nursery, 1 adult bedroom, the kitchen, living area, office/study and a deck out back with pool, slide, toddler pool, swings and monkey bars. 3 bathrooms. I had a laundry room, but the laundry kept glitching out for some reason so I had to get rid of it. The kids keep trying to swim in the Winter so the patio/pool is covered so they don't freeze.

Nice, I'm terrible at building lol. Our 100 baby home though is all one story. We have 4 kids/teens bedrooms, 1 toddler bedroom with a playroom off of it, 1 nursery, 1 adult bedroom, the kitchen, living area, office/study and a deck out back with pool, slide, toddler pool, swings and monkey bars. 3 bathrooms. I had a laundry room, but the laundry kept glitching out for some reason so I had to get rid of it. The kids keep trying to swim in the Winter so the patio/pool is covered so they don't freeze.

That's a good idea about keeping the pool covered so they don't swim in it! I never even thought of that

That's a good idea about keeping the pool covered so they don't swim in it! I never even thought of that

It's more the patio than the pool that's covered, with a glass roof. It's outdoors, but kinda considered indoors with the roof, anyways they don't seem to freeze in it in the winter and it doesn't get rain or snow in the area. I put a few screencaps of the house for you.

juLVcfY.png
    07LhLaz.png
    s0D4Lux.png
    Update Time:
    We did it, the triplets aged into kids and were able to get to school on Friday. They are all B students now.
    Lucy gave birth to another boy we named 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    It's currently Friday evening with a full house and she has 2.5 days until she becomes an elder.

I might kick Peru out now, giving us the chance at one more pregnancy. I could do it now. She'd be pregnant all weekend so she can't die while pregnant anyways. However, I think I'm going to wait until Sunday night/Monday morning when it says one day left. Peru can help us through the weekend, but that way she'll be pregnant for several school days. I should only need 2 school days now to get the triplets out of the house (Usually only takes one in high school since they start with a B there when they are A students). If I can get the triplets out of the house while she's still pregnant and get her pregnant again immediately after, we potentially could get a few more pregnancies even. But we're definitely cutting it close.

If I kick Peru out NOW, she'll give birth while the kids are at their first day back at school and the triplets will definitely not age up as they'll need another day, before she becomes an elder.

I don't even know if we can make it yet haha. But I'm gonna try. We'll be without a teen/young adult for a short time, but only a few hours and she'll be pregnant so should be okay as far as nothing happening to her I believe.

Anyways, some pictures:
    School Projects in the yard, followed by some time in the pool and a BBQ made for a fun Thursday afternoon.

3ootTSm.png
    wNY24tY.png
    EQxao8X.png
    With most of the rooms on the main floor complete, I've decided to get right back into playing. Not even a few minutes in, Isabelle gives birth to baby #11 (father is Father Winter) named Gia.
    With most of the rooms on the main floor complete, I've decided to get right back into playing. Not even a few minutes in, Isabelle gives birth to baby #11 (father is Father Winter) named Gia.

We had a Father Winter baby too, since it was with my place names theme I called her "Arctic"
    edited July 2019

We had a Father Winter baby too, since it was with my place names theme I called her "Arctic"

That's a very fitting name! I think with seasons it's a right of passage to have Father Winter's baby :smirk: lol

Edit: I know I've never played with the pregnancy settings on MCCC but I feel her current pregnancy with Mortimer Goth has gone super fast. It's saying she's already in her third trimester, so hopefully when I open the game tomorrow she'll have another baby
    So I've also been working hard on refilling my Excel spreadsheet where I keep track of all matriarchs, children, Father's and points. I'm missing the majority of the childhood aspirations and toddler traits but other then that it's all up to date. Here's a run down of the kids and points right now.

Baby 1 - Anissa YA
    Baby 2/3 - Brock and Berkley YA Twins
    Baby 4 - Callum YA
    Baby 5/6/7 - Dawson, Delilah and Daisy YA Hybrid Triplets
    Baby 8 - Elinor Child
    Baby 9/10 - Fern and Fletcher Toddlers Twins
    Baby 11 - Gia Baby

So I'm 10% done the challenge! And Isabelle is due anything with baby 12. Also waiting on Fletcher to reach level 3 of imagination then him and Fern can age into children.
    so it would seem Our Generation to has come to an end. I really thought I could get in at least one more pregnancy. I moved out Peru as soon as it said Lucy had zero days left until elderhood. I have room for one more kid in the house, and I figured if I could get her pregnant right away she would stop Aging for 3 days and I figured if I could get her pregnant right away she would stop Aging for 3 days and in that time I could get three to five kids out of the house and then get her pregnant again as soon as she gave birth and just keep doing that till our next full house at which point she would Age up.

However the option to try for a baby is gone. Probably because it's her birthday even if she's not an elder yet maybe it's considering it now that's zero days. The relationship is high and the option to woohoo is there but there's just no try for baby option so I guess she is done

I have mixed feelings on this. I kind of really wanted to get a few more kids from her just because I've really enjoyed having her as my matriarch and it's always a bit of a pain when you start over with zero parenting and all that again

On the other hand, we could have had another girl and I really love our current youngest girl, Tonga. And I'm happy that she will be our next heir

I probably won't be aging her up when she becomes a teen. I'll just wait right until her birthday because I'm going to spend her teen years getting up her Charisma and cooking skills and maybe painting too. Lucy can mentor her and Charisma and painting so they should go up super quickly. Probably let her work on gardening and aspirations too.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    [quote
    so it would seem Our Generation to has come to an end. I really thought I could get in at least one more pregnancy. I moved out Peru as soon as it said Lucy had zero days left until elderhood. I have room for one more kid in the house, and I figured if I could get her pregnant right away she would stop Aging for 3 days and I figured if I could get her pregnant right away she would stop Aging for 3 days and in that time I could get three to five kids out of the house and then get her pregnant again as soon as she gave birth and just keep doing that till our next full house at which point she would Age up.

However the option to try for a baby is gone. Probably because it's her birthday even if she's not an elder yet maybe it's considering it now that's zero days. The relationship is high and the option to woohoo is there but there's just no try for baby option so I guess she is done

I have mixed feelings on this. I kind of really wanted to get a few more kids from her just because I've really enjoyed having her as my matriarch and it's always a bit of a pain when you start over with zero parenting and all that again

On the other hand, we could have had another girl and I really love our current youngest girl, Tonga. And I'm happy that she will be our next heir

I probably won't be aging her up when she becomes a teen. I'll just wait right until her birthday because I'm going to spend her teen years getting up her Charisma and cooking skills and maybe painting too. Lucy can mentor her and Charisma and painting so they should go up super quickly. Probably let her work on gardening and aspirations too.

Awe, man. Sorry it didn't work out. It probably was because of it being on her birthday. I've not tried to get a Sim pregnant on a birthday, so I'm not sure. But 57 babies is really good.
    p8L4V6v.png
    What's everyone's average for babies per generation?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

@Luclylu I'm still on my first Matriarch and she's about to give birth to baby number 60 and she still has 18 days to age up (which she's had 18 days to age up for a quite some time now. I keep her pregnant, constantly, so she never has the chance to age up even a day). I imagine I'll get this challenge done with her as my only matriarch.
    p8L4V6v.png

First Gen we had 12.
    Second Gen we had 45
    So 57 total and average of 28.5 so far.

Onto Gen 3 haha.
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    [quote

Awe, man. Sorry it didn't work out. It probably was because of it being on her birthday. I've not tried to get a Sim pregnant on a birthday, so I'm not sure. But 57 babies is really good.

Thanks and yeah, it's fine. I really like our little heir so I'm not too fussed about it, but I will really miss Lucy. I'm also gonna miss my "Places: name theme. It was a lot of fun.

I think the next theme will be "Mother Nature". However, when there are 14 kids left I've decided that regardless of the current theme the matriarch is going to finish what was started. Our first matriarch had picked alphabetical and got to the letter "L" so the final one will continue with kids "M through Z".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top