Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Has The Sims 4 Sold Thus Far?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Anyway, the point is we don't know if The Sims 4 flopped. You don't have to sell more than the previous game to be a success. The Sims 4 could sell 800k first week and still be a success.

The only way it could be a flop, if it sells heaps less than TS2 & TS3. But it's stil #1, #2 AND #4 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_229575_nr_n_1?rh=n:468642,n:!11846801,n:229575,n:4924894011&bbn=229575&ie=UTF8&qid=1412264964&rnid=229575

It's still selling really strong. I doubt it's "flopping" really hard like people are trying to make out.
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    :o Wow, this thread is still growing
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    We should wait for an EA annoucement. Seems to me that they're trying to hide how much this game has sold.

EA never announce the sales of game unless they broke a record for the franchise.

We never heard how much any other Sim game sold, unless it broke a record (TS2 & TS3). The Sims 4 will be close to 1 million, but it wouldn't have broken The Sims 3's record.

But that's expected since Piracy is at an all time high, and The Sims 4 was all over the news about how many people pirated the game instead (thanks to the blur issue in pirated games).

Again, where are you pulling these numbers from? vgchartz is notoriously unreliable. So you are just guessing 1 million, there is no proof.

Piracy? Doubtful. Considering the reviews, I would be surprised if it was pirated worse than Sims3.

Um the game is still the #1 game on Origin and #1, #2 and #4 on Amazon after a month. It's still selling really strong.

Using knowledge, if all the editions of The Sims 4 are so high up AND the game a #2 Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordo, is expected to sell heaps is a HUGE release that only came out two days ago. Yet The Sims 4 is still selling more.

The Sims 4 is also outselling all editions of Fifa 15, which also just came out.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_229575_nr_n_1?rh=n:468642,n:!11846801,n:229575,n:4924894011&bbn=229575&ie=UTF8&qid=1412265430&rnid=229575

The Sims 4 is selling fine.
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    abe70280 wrote: »
    Not a fanatic. I just prefer 4 to 3.

i really dont give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you prefer atari gaming over say the PS4. Does not change the fact that Sims 4 sales numbers are nowhere near what the Sims 3 has sold in its first 10 days.

Actually the only figures we have, show the Sims 4 retail figures higher than the Sims 3 retail figures.
    So, no. We don't know how much digital sales the Sims 4 sold. So it's possible it came close.

Also piracy is much higher than it was 5 years ago.

---

Also, the 18 million fans comment on the front page includes the CAS demo downloads.

please dont include intangibles if you're going to argue. I dont care if piracy is 1000% higher now than it was 5 years ago. We're discussing actual sales numbers. If you're going to make excuses like this then we might as well not talk about anything.

EA released a sales figure of 1.4m copies sold in the first 10 days of the Sims 3 being live. EA didnt release the sales figure of Sims 4. So what we do have is hard evidence of the actual Sims 3 sales on its first 10 days according to EA but not for Sims 4. Now if you're going to use the sales figure on vgcharts on the Sims 4 first week sales minus 3 days to make a 10 day tally, then NO, its not even close to 1m let alone 1.4m. Now you could say that vgcharts is unreliable but unfortunately that is the only source we have right now for comparison. And that is what I was talking about in my post when you decided to insert intangibles into the argument.

So... you're wrong, again... which does not surprise me btw, given your track record.

Okay I'm going to make this really easy for you to understand.

If you use VG Chartz numbers for The Sims 4 you CANNOT compare them with EA numbers. VG Chartz are Retail Copies. The Sims 4 sold more retail copies. FACT.

AND you're also looking pretty deluded because EA only announced the Sims 3 figures 10 days later, BECAUSE it was their end of quarter report.
    We have to wait for the end of quarter report for the Sims 4.

So the only one looking stupid is you, comparing numbers from two different sources because it suits you, and thinking that the Sims 4 flopped hard because EA didn't announce it broke records.

UNTIL you provide PROOF, you are just making assumptions. End of.

LOL, I see you're trolling again. First of all, you're the one who used the vgchartz to make an argument. I did not. I was citing the fact that the Sims 4 came nowhere near the 1.4m sales that the Sims 3 has. And you butted in my post to make an argument, did you not? Here is your actual quote in case you're memory is making that lopsided trick again,

Actually the only figures we have, show the Sims 4 retail figures higher than the Sims 3 retail figures.

Where did you get this information? is it not vgchartz? because they're the only ones who has sales numbers being reported right now. Right? So I used it as an example since that's the only one right now that we can do a comparison. And Sims 4 vgchartz sales are NOWHERE near EA's Sims 3 numbers.
    And again, stop it with the lame excuses could you? I dont give a flying 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if EA only released that information BECAUSE it was their end of quarter report. That wasnt my point when I made my post that you replied to with your nonsensical BULL.

Get your head checked, there might be something wrong with you.

You're playing dumb to look right now.

HOW do you know if The Sims 4 came nowhere close if all we have is VG Numbers. Do you see the massive CRITICAL ERROR in your post right now.

So until you figure that out, the rest of your post is utterly pointless.

I only used VG Chartz, because that's what YOUR using to compare to EA numbers. That's the problem.

Oh my god, you are so dumb. LOL. Are you really that ignorant? When I made that post it was to compare the NOW moment as we see it and not some future variable that you are so keen to defend.

Here let me take you step by step.

Who do we believe when when it comes to EA sales reports vs VGChartz sales reports = we choose EA since it's the company itself and the most reliable, of course. Right?

EA released sales report for Sims 3, VGChartz also released sales report for Sims 3. Who do we believe? EA, right? you with me so far? Good.

EA doesnt released Sims 4 sales numbers, but VGChartz does so who do we believe and get information for Sims 4 regardless if it's accurate or not? Since EA hasnt released anything we use VGChartz for the MOMENT. Correct? That is my point when I made the post, you incoherent 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

But you replied with comparing Sims 3 VGChartz sales with Sims 4 VGChartz sales reports which is WRONG since EA already released a sales report for Sims 3 rendering the VGChartz Sims 3 sales report useless! Do you UNDERSTAND the WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH???? I made that post with the variables we have right now. Again let me remind you I DONT CARE if you claim that EA hasnt yet released their "QUARTERLY" report, I'm comparing it the way it stands right now. If EA ever releases their "QUARTERLY" sales report and we found out once and for all that Sims 4 has sold more than Sims 2 or Sims 3, I will go to your page and say that Im wrong, but until then, pls go bore someone else and refrain from making any more USELESS arguments.

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Now you guys are just calling each other dumb over and over.

Why not take a break and agree to disagree eh?

Its like two kids fighting let them be i am out of here
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Smack Down! Part 2 live at The Sims Forums.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    From what I heard, vgcharts or whatever it's called is horribly inaccurate in that it actually gives LOWER numbers than actually true. People who said that linked to sales figures for the first week for TS3 from both vgcharts and then EA's reporting. Obviously there's no way to know that that's true for this game as well but... *shrugs* Guess we'll find out when they give out their next financial statements.
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    VG Chartz lists no sources for their data.
    Not even an elementary school would accept a report with no sources.
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited October 2014
    When is the sims 4 for pc coming out?
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Asuka7794 wrote: »

Probably around the same time you get some new material.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

You're very welcome.

Did they cancel the pc version? Got bored of the Gameboy version released on September 2nd.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member

I was afraid I was the only one that was starting to sigh and glower when I saw her name popping up with "I hate TS4" written all over her posts.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I'm going to plum in here to point out the obvious. If the sales were strong, there is no way they would have patched in ghosts for free. There is no way they'd add new careers for free. There is no way they would add pools for free. That's what you do when sales are weak and you are trying to bolster goodwill and up your sales figures.

For the facts, we're just going to have to wait for their earnings call. It should be taking place at the end of this month.

Um, no love :p If it was flopping, they would charge us money for it, to make up the money they lost.

Hot Tubs, Basements, Fountains, Pool Objects, Beach Lots, Deep Sea Swimming, Gardening (I could go on) were all new features PATCHED into The Sims 3. With your logic, The Sims 3 was flopping hard too.

---

They CLEARLY said Pools, Ghosts etc. weren't ready at LAUNCH but they were being worked on.
    Same with a lot of features The Sims 3 was supposed to have at launch.

If they have base game content included, they patch it in later. There will be DLC in the future, but unfinished base game content has always been patched in no matter what.

If they don't finish something in time, they never get rid of it and sell it later. They patch it in.

That's called game design. They had to patch those features in because they couldn't update the routing for some games and not others. But I see you clearly have a PhD in game design so I'll let you take it from here.
  • Options

You're very welcome.

Did they cancel the pc version? Got bored of the Gameboy version released on September 2nd.

Welp, I guess this is like one of those pre-recorded message trolls that are so popular nowadays with the younger crowd.

Anyway, moving on >.>
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    I'm going to plum in here to point out the obvious. If the sales were strong, there is no way they would have patched in ghosts for free. There is no way they'd add new careers for free. There is no way they would add pools for free. That's what you do when sales are weak and you are trying to bolster goodwill and up your sales figures.

For the facts, we're just going to have to wait for their earnings call. It should be taking place at the end of this month.

Um, no love :p If it was flopping, they would charge us money for it, to make up the money they lost.

Hot Tubs, Basements, Fountains, Pool Objects, Beach Lots, Deep Sea Swimming, Gardening (I could go on) were all new features PATCHED into The Sims 3. With your logic, The Sims 3 was flopping hard too.

---

They CLEARLY said Pools, Ghosts etc. weren't ready at LAUNCH but they were being worked on.

If they have base game content included, they patch it in later. There will be DLC in the future, but unfinished base game content has always been patched in no matter what.

If they don't finish something in time, they never get rid of it and sell it later. They patch it in.

The level of your dumbness is astounding.

• Options

---

The level of your dumbness is astounding.

Abe - have a snickers...

Snickers_wrapped.jpg
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Probably around 2016. I'm so glad they're putting so much effort into the game. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

You're very welcome.

Welp, I guess this is like one of those pre-recorded message trolls that are so popular nowadays with the younger crowd.

Anyway, moving on >.>

You're excused.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    Not on their cash cow where they milk us dry.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words, but as someone who has been around for a while, free gifts means not doing so well.

Are you complaining they arent charging you? not sure i get it..and yes it is normal to patch in base game content when time is pressed. did you think pools and ghosts were extra content? lol
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member

You're very welcome.

Anyway, moving on >.>

You're excused.

You're really bored with your life aren't you?
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    Do you UNDERSTAND the WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH????

You mean you actually talk to the monitor as you type? I'd get that checked out if I were you.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Not on their cash cow where they milk us dry.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words, but as someone who has been around for a while, free gifts means not doing so well.

Are you complaining they arent charging you? not sure i get it..and yes it is normal to patch in base game content when time is pressed. did you think pools and ghosts were extra content? lol

The title of the thread is quite plain. How many have sold. I clearly wrote that judging by the free gifts, not many, but their earnings call will be at the end of this month and we will know all then.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

Don't say that! That means never. *hides under the covers to cry*
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    I never really care because if I like the game, I like the game. It won't change my mind if sales are low. Same goes for movies, etc.

But anyways back on topic. My problem with releasing these problems on the forums is, I can kinda already guess the reactions. If it shows numbers were lower than TS3, than people will be like "Ya EA you messed up big time, the game suc.ks." But if it shows numbers are really good, then people will be like "Lies, it didn't do well." Based on these forums lol.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    jadealix wrote: »
    I never really care because if I like the game, I like the game. It won't change my mind if sales are low. Same goes for movies, etc.

But anyways back on topic. My problem with releasing these problems on the forums is, I can kinda already guess the reactions. If it shows numbers were lower than TS3, than people will be like "Ya EA you messed up big time, the game suc.ks." But if it shows numbers are really good, then people will be like "Lies, it didn't do well." Based on these forums lol.

My concern is, did they sell enough to produce more EPs ? Because they need money to do so, i like the Sims 4 so far but if the sales are not high enough this could fail on the long run.