Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Has The Sims 4 Sold Thus Far?

Besides that "Tops UK list", I haven't seen any sales numbers.
Does anyone know how much the Sims 4 has sold thus far?

Comments

• Options
    BarbieBarbie Posts: 56 Member
    I think it was around 430,000 in the first week or something. Which beat out The Sims 3 in its first week. I'm not sure about right now though.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member

As EA has not announced figures, we have no concrete numbers yet sorry :(
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

I find it odd that they haven't done so yet...
  • Options
    the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    Barbie wrote: »
    I think it was around 430,000 in the first week or something. Which beat out The Sims 3 in its first week. I'm not sure about right now though.

Is there proof of this?
    Reference, of any kind?
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

I find it odd that they haven't done so yet...

Most companies unveil sale numbers during financial discussions that are open to the public/relayed to the public.

Companies do tend to go all out with press releases when records are broken but most of the time we are waiting for their quarterly or whatever financial statements.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    > Is there proof of this?
    > Reference, of any kind?

h ttp://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/786970/the-sims-4-sales-figures-according-to-vgchartz

(i can't post links so just rejoin the "H" and the "T" in the beginning of the link :)
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    > Is there proof of this?<br />
    > Reference, of any kind?<br />
    <br />
    h ttp://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/786970/the-sims-4-sales-figures-according-to-vgchartz<br />
    <br />
    (i can't post links so just rejoin the "H" and the "T" in the beginning of the link :)

youre wrong. and that is not proof. that is conjecture at best and I am being kind.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    @abe70280

here you go :) h ttp://www.vgchartz.com/game/72139/the-sims-4/Global/
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    It's over 600,000 at retail in the first two weeks according to VGChartz. We'll see what it actually sold when EA releases the numbers.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member

Is there proof of this?
    Reference, of any kind?

Googles not showing anything
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    VGChartz has a horrible reputation for a reason - they are never accurate as they are extrapolating for the most part :\
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Has nobody noticed that "Over 18 million fans worldwide!" thing that flashes for a very brief moment when you go to thesims.com? I figured I'd see a thread on it the first day it was there, but I still haven't seen one.

Also, that figure seems a little ridiculous, even if there were no doubts in anyone's minds that the game was doing well.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »
    Has nobody noticed that "Over 18 million fans worldwide!" thing that flashes for a very brief moment when you go to thesims.com? I figured I'd see a thread on it the first day it was there, but I still haven't seen one.

Also, that figure seems a little ridiculous, even if there were no doubts in anyone's minds that the game was doing well.

Like McDonalds, the 18 million fans is total of ALL the sims games..just like all the burgers

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    camman1995 wrote: »

Like McDonalds, the 18 million fans is total of ALL the sims games..just like all the burgers

*lick lips* ALL the burgers.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am not talking about vgchartz. I am talking about the general feel of denial.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Not a fanatic. I just prefer 4 to 3.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member

I'll tell you this much. I had never even heard of the Sims before they started advertising Sims 4 on the Internet. So that tells me they didn't spend anywhere near as much to advertise Sims 3 when it came out. I would have seen at least one ad for Sims 3 and I didn't see ANYTHING!!!!

• Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member

sims 3 total in the first week was over a million

EA still hasn't released sims 4 first week total which makes me think it didn't outsell sims 3 in the first week (they should have the figures by now)
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    Not a fanatic. I just prefer 4 to 3.

i really dont give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you prefer atari gaming over say the PS4. Does not change the fact that Sims 4 sales numbers are nowhere near what the Sims 3 has sold in its first 10 days.

• Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member

I'm personally not desperate to know, I tend to care more about sales when it comes to MMO's because sales will effect how busy the game is generally, and I love running around in busy MMO's, but sims not so much because of its single player nature, that said I am curious, and it would be pretty funny if it turns out Sims 4 has out-sold Sims 3
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    1,643,703,021 as of Martember 33, 3115 but this does not include hard copies
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    How many sales? What about how many refunds and cancelled preorders?