Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did You Get in Your Goodie Box?

Comments

• Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought first a 3+1 pack of the cas and the home decor boxes and gotten several single items for sets that I had on my wishlist and I got the sets Frontier finds, transport to the future and Fanciful Fashion and hairstyles as bonus. I also got enough items of the hacienda set to complete it for 40 SP. I wasn't interested in buying that transport set but my comleticitis would have made me get it eventually anyway. So all is fine.
    I decided then to buy a 5+2 pack of cas boxes. Again I got loads of single items and then a few sets as bonus, namely Coffee Bean Hipster Loft (OMG i wanted that SOOOO much :mrgreen: ), Seeing Stars (the hypnotizer had been a bonus item in one of the first boxes, but as this is not CYS I'm happy), Jet Set Teens and Front Row Center Bedroom (I would have probably gotten this free through CYS by that point but I got all items through the goodie boxes today so that's fine). Because of the coffee beans set I decided I'll try my chances again with the 5+2 pack and I got BahHaus and Romanza Bridal Party. Both I had only some items from, and I had wanted BahHaus for months now, since I started building a bit. Extremely happy with the outcome again. Yes, I got some single items in the boxes where I got the set later in another box, but I didn't get anything double that I had before the boxes. I already own a big chunk of the store content and I hope to complete my collection at some point. The goodie boxes helped me get closer to that point.
    Oh and I got several items from the waning moon and the surf up sets, so once they are (back) on CYS I should get a lovely discount on those :D

ETA: I was able to complete the following sets for free thanks to the goodie boxes:
    - Oktoberfest Celebration
    - Runway Riot

Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads is down to 60 SP. I think I might get it free when the DD rolls around again so I'll wait before I buy this.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited October 2013
    sounds too risky :lol:
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    edited October 2013
    NOXXI wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    I bought 4, and got the world Hidden Springs, which I already owned. :shock: I called CS and they allowed me to switch it to Sunlit Tides.

So I am happy with what I got, and would like to buy more goodie boxes, except I am worried that I will continue to get things I already own.

Aside from the world, I got some decent items, but only a couple of stand out pieces. I got the pet feeder PC as a bonus item, which made me happy, and I got the Hak 2 Skool Arcade Machine as a bonus, which isn't too bad, but my last bonus was a shirt, which was odd, since I was not doing the clothing boxes, and yet I was given a clothing item as a bonus? At least it was a nice shirt. :lol:

PS: I am curious if it makes a difference if you buy a 300sp box compared to two larger ones. I understand you get more boxes in the larger two, but do you also get better items.

Bah i just got Hidden Springs as a duplicate too! I used live chat to get ahold of a rep who told me he couldnt do anything :x

NOXXI, did you try calling CS? Maybe they can help you. If you do/did let us know what happens. Maybe Live Chat reps are not able to resolve those issues.

I love goodies bags, treasure hunts and such. Gonna have to buy a few and see what happens. LOL
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    NOXXI, I agree you should try again, but this time have customer service, call you back.

I would also have a plan of action before you call. Now you may have done this already, so forgive me if you have, but I would not only tell them you received a duplicate but offer a suggestion. Like say, "I received Hidden Springs which is a duplicate, can I have XXX instead."

That may help you. It may not but CSRs may be more inclined to help that way.

I was looking at my purchase history and it's interesting to note, in regards to towns, my purchase history says:

Barnacle Bay: Redemption Code (I bought it retail)
    Dragon Valley: Free (I bought it off of this website, in a Simpoint bundle)
    Riverview: Free
    Monte Vista: Free (I bought it as retail, in a two-fer with Hidden Springs)
    Hidden Springs: 2,450

Interesting to note, thought I bought Monte Vista and Hidden Springs retail in a double package together, one shows up as free, the other shows up at retail cost in SimPoints

Another interesting aspect is I got the Choco-Fountain with that Hidden Springs/Monte Vista pack and while it shows up as FREE on my purchase history, the same fountain offered by the store, indicates I've yet to purchase it.

This has nothing to do with anything really, but I was trying to figure out why Hidden Springs was being duped.
  • Options
    NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited October 2013
    Chimark wrote:
    NOXXI, I agree you should try again, but this time have customer service, call you back.

I would also have a plan of action before you call. Now you may have done this already, so forgive me if you have, but I would not only tell them you received a duplicate but offer a suggestion. Like say, "I received Hidden Springs which is a duplicate, can I have XXX instead."

That may help you. It may not but CSRs may be more inclined to help that way.

I was looking at my purchase history and it's interesting to note, in regards to towns, my purchase history says:

Interesting to note, thought I bought Monte Vista and Hidden Springs retail in a double package together, one shows up as free, the other shows up at retail cost in SimPoints

Another interesting aspect is I got the Choco-Fountain with that Hidden Springs/Monte Vista pack and while it shows up as FREE on my purchase history, the same fountain offered by the store, indicates I've yet to purchase it.

This has nothing to do with anything really, but I was trying to figure out why Hidden Springs was being duped.

Im in the UK, i dont think ive ever seen an option to have them call me back :lol: They do now have a UK number but i refuse to pay (for the call) to get something sorted that i bought digitally. If i can buy it digitally they should be able to sort it digitally.

Ive harrassed the ea support twitter account a bit, might harrass it a bit more. Was going to email them but they seem to have hidden that option for me on their help page :roll: So im going to go back into live chat again and try again and then insist on an email address to attack :P

I suspect the issue with Hidden Springs is that they seem to seperate the retail version and the store version. Mine was bought seperately (not the combo world chap) from Origin, i believe it does show up as simpoint value in my purchase history. I did suggest to the last live chat chap that he give me an exchange.

I am a stubborn mule, im gonna go thunder around EA help some more :wink::lol:
  • Options
    NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hah well pestering Live chat some more worked, the second guy was much more helpful. Since he couldn't do a straight swap he instead refunded what id originally paid for hidden springs through origin and sent me a discount code too, so im a much happier bunny now :)
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited October 2013
    I just got the cruddiest goodies box :(

Some ugly items I didn't want, items I already owned from the free JC Penney set ages ago (would it work if I talked to customer service about that?), and a bonus set Luxe Kidswear that I could've completed before for like 140 sp.

I knew I shouldn't have tested my luck on this :(
  • Options
    AliceMarieAliceMarie Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2013
    Re-posting from a different thread, but I think it might help some simmers that are getting duplicates. I don't know how to avoid getting duplicate worlds, but for most everything else, the following should help:

I am reading a lot about people getting sets that they already own in the goodie boxes. I think the best thing to do, before you purchase a goodie box, is to go through the entire store, set by set, and compilation by compilation, and "buy" any and all Complete the Sets that you can. This way, the store will see that you already own the set and won't re-give it to you in a goodie box.

For example, the Glitter and Glam category contains the following sets: (1)Diva and Devo, (2) Glitter and Glam Bedroom, and (3) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Devo. Say you own the 1st and 2nd sets separately, so you never needed to purchase the 3rd (which is 1 and 2 together). When you click on the 3rd, it will show that you own all the items, and the "download" button will be on the right-hand side. Click "download" and the store will ask if you're sure you want to purchase it. Accept, and it will appear in your purchase history (for free). Now when you buy a goodie box, the store will "know" that you already own all possible combinations of the Glitter and Glam stuff.

Another positive of doing this is that you may come across sets that you own all but a few items from and you will be able to complete your entire set for free based on the strange way the store calculates the complete your set cost. I was able to get quite a few items this way.

It is tedious, but worth it if you want to prevent getting goodie box things you already own, and you may get free items out of it, too.

Good luck!
  • Options
    alanna_zelenalanna_zelen Posts: 99 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Jojo, ask them. Let them know if you have to about this thread so they realize we're aware they can do something about it. You may find a bad rep (report them!) but its luck of the draw as to who's working when you try. I got a rather nice guy on the web chat to fix up my security question, and another who wasn't rude about letting me know that its not really possible to change Sims 3 names (grr). I can understand that... it'd be a huge database issue since the store and all.

Ok, I think I'm good and crazy enough to try getting a goodie box. I hardly own anything so here's hoping it'll be stuff I'll use :D Come on good stuff!
  • Options
    mjdrgnptmjdrgnpt Posts: 303 Member
    edited October 2013
    I got the 5 box (+2). In addition to all the small, mediocre items I got some bonus stuff that really paid off:

Old Town: Starter Kit
    Fanciful Fashions and Hairstyles
    May 2011 Compilation :!:
    Grim's Ghastly Manor :!:

Very happy with my purchases. :D

I did as recommended on that other thread, and went through and "purchased" sets I completed from other sets. If it's a green Download, it means you don't "own" it (even if you own all the parts). So make sure to click on those so it goes blue and gives you a checkmark.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh cool, so the bonus content can be of any type regardless of the box eh? Please tell me if its so XD

... Stuff waiting for an answer, let's roll the dice with 4 create-a-sim boxes!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mjdrgnptmjdrgnpt Posts: 303 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh cool, so the bonus content can be of any type regardless of the box eh? Please tell me if its so XD

Yes, the bonus can be of any type. :)
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    Chimark wrote:

It seems the Store's Purchase history page is VERY FLAWED, or the very least, inconsistent. :roll:

I purchased, during Origin's 60% off sale: $24 ($26w/tax)
    * Worlds Bundle of Monte Vista & Hidden Springs with Bonus Aims Chocolate Fountain
    * Dragon Valley that inc. the Celtic Lands (even though they didn't advertise that)
    * Barnacle Bay (included the Buccaneer's Bounty)

In my Purchase history, they are all listed as FREE!
    Nor, "code redeemed", which it maybe should have been listed as?
    Free? Really? Try telling my bank that! :lol:
    Sure as heck WASN'T FREE! :evil:

But I DID LOVE that sale. 8)
    (amazon is having that same exact sale right now)
    If only Sunlit Tides had been retail, so I could have bought that too!
    I NEED a sale for ST & LP!! :cry:
    (WHY IS there that weird restriction to retail anyway?) :?:

And can someone PLEASE tell me WHY the in-game downloads dashboard has my Worlds listed as to "Install", rather than as "installed" like other content, when I ALREADY did install them, completely. :roll:
    ONLY Barnacle Bay shows as "installed"...

~ Despite a few people getting super-lucky with those evil boxes of Doom, I have definitely decided NOT to get them, after seeing too many people get things they already had! :( ~
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    (bearing in mind I own barely anything of the store and will be harassing them if the More Magic! Set pops up XD)

Aw come on display, why won't you show the popup right? ... oh yeah, that'd probably be adblock getting a bit overzealous.

Here we go! *drumroll*

The Alex (dude haircut, nice and simple. That'll be handy)
    Musubi Hunter (arcade game, awesome)
    April 2012 Compilation (score! *happy dance* I knew I wasn't crazy by not snagging the deep fryer last time it came around on DD)
    Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station (practical, I likes)
    The Blake (a nice simple chick cut)
    Strap and Sprint Shoes (simple and if I'm right, for kids. Eh, could be handy)
    James D Jacket Youth (definitely able to use that)
    Kingly Attire (perfect for Dragon Valley)
    The Betty Blouse Vintage (lol, if my sims get that old)
    Little Anne (so cute, so useful)
    Happily Ever After- Inside, A Princess Dress (another for DV)
    Mature Linen Leafs Shirt, with Lei! (eh either way. Might use)
    Vintage Veil (might use)
    Perfect For a Princess (heck no not using that in drab white. Might fiddle with it)
    Summer Shell Vintage (eh)
    The Natural Suit (for the man who needs more class)
    Fairytail (neat)
    Low Back Sweater (too bad I don't usually like sweaters)
    Dimensional Dress (sweet)
    The Octane Suit Teen (epic winning)
    Casually Graphic Tee (casually graphic yawn)
    Mature Linen Leafs Shirt (another hawaiian shirt?!)
    Pencil Skirt (non thrilling but practical)
    Petals (eh)

Over all, actually rather happy with the outcomes. The first four were bonus items, one for each opened. Biggest score was the 2012 April comp.
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought the 900 simpoint CAS set and am quite happy with what I got (nothing I already owned). I like that the bonus items include home decor items, because I was debating whether to go CAS or home decor, and this way I get both. I am disappointed that I didn't get a world as a bonus, though. I do think I'm happier having gotten 4 boxes than if I'd just gotten one - it's sort of the "average" of what I got that pleases me. If I'd only gotten my first box, for example, I think I'd be disappointed. I'm looking forward to going and seeing what I can do with CYS from this, if anything.

Blazer and Rugby Shirt
    Top Athletes Only (men's shirt)
    Little Firecracker (kid's outfit)
    Little Slugger Pajamas
    Musubi Hunter game (bonus)

Boho Slip
    Country Chores Overalls
    Flip (men's hairstyle)
    Country Palace Dress
    Island Villa set (bonus)

Leather and Buckle Attack boots teen
    Lil' Sophisticate with Bow
    The Queen's Dress
    Africa Inspiration: Feathers and Braid (hairstyle)
    TriSuit (swimsuit)
    Alpha Waves aquarium (bonus)

Born Beautiful Dress
    Slicked (kids hairstyle)
    Loli-Crown (hairstyle)
    The Duchess of Devonshire (hairstyle)
    Everyday Casual Chic set (bonus)

edit: so I did the math, and at full price these items would cost 3275 simpoints. Without the Everyday Casual Chic set and the Island Villa set, both of which I'm pretty meh about, and a few things I'll probably never want to use, it comes to about 1350 simpoints. A decent deal, but for the things I'll actually use and enjoy, not spectacular. I think the fun is partly in getting some random stuff and feeling challenged to work it into your gameplay. I hadn't planned to make a Marie Antoinette type, for example, and now I'm feeling like doing it for fun.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited October 2013
    is there any way or a site that shows the original price of the sets you own. I would love to see what my goodie box value was.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fran98765 wrote:
    is there any way or a site that shows the original price of the sets you own. I would love to see what my goodie box value was.

Log out of your account & look up those sets! :mrgreen:
    (hope that helps!)
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    Here's a quick link to the compliations for those wanting to see if you got anywhere with CYS

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?scategoryId=12926
  • Options
    rejectedpenguinrejectedpenguin Posts: 180 Member
    edited October 2013
    I just bought the 5 (+2) CAS and decor. I got the mid-century bedroom set but I already had that. I talked to a rep on the phone, and I was refunded the price of the set.

Here is what I got (it is out of order):

5 (+2) CAS
    Marsters Drawer Bed (bonus)
    Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride (bonus)
    Faire Folk Slumber (bonus)
    Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set (bonus)
    Faire Folk Outdoors (bonus)
    Matrix Flux Sectional Sofa (bonus)
    Mid-century Modern Bedroom Set (bonus)
    Zirconium Chandelier (bonus)
    Bubblegum Stockings
    Surf Swept
    Silk Boxer Briefs
    Show Stopping Style-Not So Casual Friday Jacket
    Resort Pants
    Tulip Top Vintage
    Alex's Wig
    ***** Heel Teen
    Missy O
    Tough As Nails
    The Shaggy Look
    Tear Through This Teen
    Daisy Country Shirt Dress
    Patty-cake Hoodie
    Modern Interpretation Outfit
    Barely There Scarf
    Strictly Business Womens Suit
    Walking Through Cornfields
    Country Chores Overalls
    Bucket Hat with Tucked in Hair
    Day to Evening Dress
    Show Stopping Style-38 Pieces of Flair Top
    Bold Buckle Boots by Shadow Love Now
    Diva Suit
    Messenger Brogues
    Not that Chilly V-Neck with Scarf
    Take a Bow
    Killer Curls
    The Faulkner
    Le Cirque Nouveau-Human Cannonball Hairstyle
    Little Gentleman

5 (+2) Decor
    Hewnsman Dining Room Set (bonus)
    Le cirque Esprit- Happiest Dunk Tank Hot Tub (bonus)
    Lecirque Nouveau- Mistress of Ceremonies (bonus)
    Porterman Glass Doors (bonus)
    The Alex (bonus)
    Knitted Beanie (bonus)
    Gothique Living Room (bonus)
    Turn the End-Tables
    Longhouse Dresser
    Le Cirque Esprit- Fabulous Flourish Wall Art
    Haute Hacienda Dining Room-Desert Cactus Sculpture
    The Vaindenburger Chair
    Dojo Double Bed
    Chalkboard Mirror
    Topsy Turvey Single Bed
    Wave of Light
    Mystery Box
    Full Force Firewood
    Faire Folk Bird House
    Divine Divan
    Left from Kismet Wall Blankets
    Retronator Stove
    Superlative Sofa
    Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture
    Overhead Shoppe Cabinet (Double-sided)
    Dazzling Disco Dome
    Mainframe Double Bed
    Boxception Pendant Light
    Fisherman's Floor Lantern
    George and Harriet
    Faire Wall Lamp
    Dresser of Sentiment
    Weezul's Wicker Chair
    Rises in the East End Table
    High Style Wall Light
    Wedding CAke Replica
    Le Cirque Esprit- Bright Lights Carny Pillar
    Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Cantina Canister
    Tallest Tree Clock
    Faire Tale Shell Vase
    Love to Love You Love-lounge
    Bayou Shutters
    Hoisted Terra Vineyard Vase
    Check This Home Hokey Table

I didn't add up the total amount yet. I will in a while. I was impressed with the customer service and the items from the goodie box. There is a bug with getting items you already have, but cs can help out. If you get a bad person ask to speak to someone else or their manager. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone attempted to purchase a Goodie Box and been prevented because they owned too much of the Store? I recall people saying that happened to them last time the offer was running and wondered whether the same thing applied this time around.

I am lucky enough to own a good majority of the Store however, there is still a bulk of CAS assets I do not own and am hoping to get my hands on at some point in the future. I am wondering whether it is worth the risk of purchasing a box to see whether I attain any of these missing pieces as that would be awesome. I have a few SimPoints left over from when I purchased the Midnight Hollow special bundle, I was however planning on saving them to go towards Grim's Ghastly Manor when I was next able to purchase another bundle allowing me enough points to buy the venue. So I am not sure whether I should take the risk and spend my remaining points only to get something I already own.

When CYS first came about I made sure to go through all the compilations and make them as complete as possible so there shouldn't be any overlap in that regard. One thing that does concern me is that although I own both Lucky Palms and the Casino, they were purchased at separate times and therefore it still shows on the Store that I do not own the Gold Edition of this world even though I essentially do own it. It would be amazing to buy one of them, get some of the missing CAS assets that I need and get Grim's Ghastly Manor as the bonus but I am thinking the liklihood of that occuring are extremely slim :lol:
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    edited October 2013
    Edit: Found it... :oops:
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fran98765 wrote:

Log out of your account & look up those sets! :mrgreen:
    (hope that helps!)

Oh I didn't think of that, thank you!
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I just bought the 3+1 decor boxes and was THRILLED with the results! :)
    Only 3 items were duplicates of something I already own: a high chair, an outfit, and a coffee table (that ironically came from the "bonus" set received in the SAME box!! haha)But still - two full sets worth 700+ and I got them for 300 each. Can't beat it. About to go buy some more boxes. :)

Box 1:
    Le Cirque Nouveau Mistress of Ceremonies (the duplicate I owned)
    *The Alex (hair style)
    Floral Table Lamp
    Bedtastic
    Do it Yourself (curtains)
    Go Sit on It (couch)

Box 2:
    Leathery Bar Stool
    Gothic Glamour Home Office
    Ultra Modern Dresser
    Lustrous Lucky Fish Tank
    Shrub of Tranquility
    *Hewnsman Living Room Set

Box 3:
    *Sun, Surf and Sand (Sleep) Set
    Glass Birdie (decor)
    The Black Horse Song (decor)
    Haute Hip Panther Sculpture (decor)
    Tropical Table (**included in the Sun, Surf, and Sand collection)

Box 4:
    Mid-Modern Bathroom Mirror
    Water Wonderland Bathtub
    * Reed Basket
    Preserved Boxing Robe (decor)
    Champions Display Shelf
    Empire Line Dishwasher
    Playground High Chair (*duplicate of item already owned)
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited October 2013
    Not bought any store stuff for months and had a measley 116 s/pts in all that time, so was considering getting a box or two as a tester. But I am really turned off by what I have read on various social media sources.

I don't have ooodles of cash so I can't really take a punt as some have.

Also surprised that the boxes are so random. I would prefer them to 'themed'. For instance I would a 'kids stuff' box as don't feel I have enough kids items.

Oh well back to the recolour button. :)
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Second set of 4 boxes was a minor disappointment. No duplicates. Most of the items were "cheap" and "old" pieces from the Contemporary Comfort, Regal Living, and Japanese Inspired Collections.

Bonus Items were:

Knitted Beanie - male hair/hat
    Le Cirque Espirit set
    Le Cirque - Happiest Dunk Tank Hot Tub (from previous box set)
    Micro Grotto Hot Tub

It was a LOT of stuff for just 900 SP -so the value is there ...I just didn't like most of what I got. Guess it's a crap shoot. :)