Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did You Get in Your Goodie Box?

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    I remember the last time with the goodie boxes I ended up with random stuff I wouldn't have wanted. And I remember thinking it was a mistake.

So why on earth am I fighting the urge to get one now? Why?!

Should I do it? :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    edit: Double post.

Should I take this as a good sign or bad sign? Lol, I don't know.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    acorn88 wrote:
    Mine were okay but I received Hidden Springs and I already own it. Wish I could gift it to someone.

Contact customer service!

Ask to get the Lunar Lakes on your WL! Don't just "let it go"! :mrgreen:

This exact thing happened to a poster earlier & he got to trade it for Sunlit Tides!!! :shock:

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited October 2013
    I got the 7 box decor and got the following items. I am fairly new so I didn't have much, so I think it went well, especially to pick up CYS in the future.

The Traveler's Limited Edition Alarm Clock - Best of 2010 Collection
    Sweet Masses Chromodynamic Candy Dish - Atomic Age Living and Dining
    Boss Level Lighting - Man Cave Compilation
    Wandering Dreams Double Bed - Drifter’s Desire
    Lord and Lady Loveseat - Best of 2010 Collection
    Flambeaux Wall Lamp - Old Town: Starter Kit
    Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop - Level Up Collection & Man Cave Compilation (BONUS)

Le Cirque Esprit- Little Acrobat Swing Set - Le Cirque Celebration!
    Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talevera Tile Island - Fabulous Fiesta!
    Seaside Carved Rack - Island Escape Compilation
    Comfy couch with Slipcover - June 2011 Compilation
    Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride - Blast From the Past Compilation (BONUS)

Titanis Wallerie Wall Fan - Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear
    Eccentric Antler Art - One With Nature
    Chair of Fortuna - Viva Las Vegas Bedroom
    Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- Bou Sra Waterfall Shower - May 2012 Compilation Set
    Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Sinkomatic - Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection
    Le Cirque Esprit- Happiest Dunk Tank Hot Tub - Le Cirque Celebration! (BONUS)

Pueblo Bed - Waning Moon
    Fit for a Queen - Tutor of Tudors
    Hitting on all Sixes Chair - Jazz Age Living Room
    Romanza Ceremony + Attire - (BONUS)

Fantasy World Tree - Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den)
    North Star Seeker - Buccaneer's Bounty
    Haute Hacienda Dining Room- Cantina Candelabra - Fabulous Fiesta!
    Nautical Cornice Collection - Nautical Living
    Culinary Dreams Counter - Best of 2010 Collection
    Once Upon a Time Cottage- Better than Golden Eggs Sculputure - Make a Wish Compilation
    Musubi Hunter - Tiki Outdoor Party (BONUS)

Getaway Beach Chair - Island Escape Compilation
    Silence is Golden Box - World Inspiration Compilation
    Atomic Clear Coil Floor Lamp - Atomic Age Living and Dining
    Mostly Square Table Light - Ultra Lounge 2010
    Faire Curtain - Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den)
    Rustic Hanging Basket - Provence
    The Traveler's Choice Hat Box (Box Version) - World Inspiration Compilation
    Viva Las Vegas Living (BONUS)
    Berkeley Hope Chest - June 2011 Compilation (BONUS)

Cosmic Culinary Range - Futureshock Kitchen
    Simetry Seater - Collectionne Stäncké
    Stranded from Nothing Atoll - Full Tiki Set
    Moroccan Oasis Fountain - Morocco Mystique
    Everyday - Hot Summer Days (BONUS)
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2013
    acorn88 wrote:
    Mine were okay but I received Hidden Springs and I already own it. Wish I could gift it to someone.

Contact customer service!

Ask to get the Lunar Lakes on your WL! Don't just "let it go"! :mrgreen:

This exact thing happened to a poster earlier & he got to trade it for Sunlit Tides!!! :shock:

Good luck!!

That was me, and yes they let me trade it. However, I should mention that they asked me if they could take 450sp out of my account first, because they said Hidden Springs was only 2000points and Sunlit Tides cost 2450. I didn't argue this, because I was not certain how much HS cost me originally, But after looking through my purchase history I discovered he was wrong, because my purchase history shows that it cost me 2450 when I bought it. So check this before you call.
  • Options
    NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited October 2013
    Noooooooooo they bought the goodie boxes back! Im addicted to them! :( Wary about buying them this time though as i own a lot more stuff now so the chances of duplicates is soo much higher. Though maybe that just means id have better luck getting the stuff im missing.

The goodie boxes were so good to me last time im wary of destroying that fond memory lol! I will be watching with great interest who gets duplicates and wether the cs reps are good about replacing them :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    despina53 wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has the problem of already owning individual pieces of Romanza but not showing up as owned in the sets. I own the two chairs and the flower (they are in my purchase history) but not indicated as such in the sets so those were duplicated.

Those darn Romanza sets are always causing problems. :evil:

I just went through all the sets to check if everything I own shows as owned, and I have to say that I think I dodged a few bullets.. I found a bunch of sets that own that were still showing the green download button. Basically sets where they have subsets that are not actual compilations. Gothic and Edwardian were two biggies.

One other thing that could be a problem is the Greenhouse, since I bought it as part of a Compilation, but it does not register as owned on the Greenhouse Venue page (not cool).
  • Options
    JorizorianJorizorian Posts: 936
    edited October 2013
    WHAT???????????????????? It won't let me purchase goodie boxes??? It says because of the amount of store content I already own?

Never mind it worked after I kept spamming the buy button....
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, Alli. Luckily it was just those three items. Anything more and I would have been :evil: .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I got another one, but now i'm out of points so that should stop me for awhile...

Sea-loving Book Shelf - Nautical Living
    Trashed Trash Bin - Loud, Fast, Clash! - Bedroom
    Bramble Bodied Guitar - Vineyard Villa Furnishings
    Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture - Waning Moon
    February 2011 Compilation (BONUS) (I only had 2 items from it, which i got in previous goodie boxes)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    Yeah, Alli. Luckily it was just those three items. Anything more and I would have been :evil: .

I got 9 items that are from Non-CYS sets, half from older sets which really have no good reason to be non-CYS (in my opinion). I don't mind it with the new sets, because that is totally understandable, but the older sets missing CYS really work my nerves.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yay, Fran98765. Good going with the Feb '11 Compilation!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thanks Dee!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    APotts wrote:
    However, I should mention that they asked me if they could take 450sp out of my account first, because they said Hidden Springs was only 2000points and Sunlit Tides cost 2450. I didn't argue this, because I was not certain how much HS cost me originally, But after looking through my purchase history I discovered he was wrong, because my purchase history shows that it cost me 2450 when I bought it. So check this before you call.

I think they scammed you a little bit. :(

If that is how they act if you "own" worlds, then what would happen if I got a world as bonus, that I already "own"?

This is why I ask:
    I bought 4 of the worlds, (inc. Celtic Lands & the Aims Chocolate Fountain), on that last 0rigin sale in which only cost me $24 (+tax).
    BUT in my purchase history, it's listed as "FREE"!
    Huh?? I PAID for them!
    But because it was bought as "retail", rather than using Simpoints, they list it as free!
    SO then, according to what EA Customer Service said & did with you, they would be like, nope, you got it free, cough up the "x" amount.
    (or 2450 Simpoints? or 500 Simpoints, or whatever))? :lol:
    (well it wouldn't really be funny. But that makes it confusing, & now I am too nervous to even bother trying. :cry:

I think I rather wait for a super Simpoint sale & just buy what I am wanting most, when it goes on sale.
    I would LOVE to see a sale another member mentioned, that I never saw before: 1000 Simpoints for $4! :shock:

From what I have been skimming through, some of you guys got good deals, & some of you got "fleeced" & tricked since they weren't supposed to let you get what you already had... :evil:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    APotts wrote:
    However, I should mention that they asked me if they could take 450sp out of my account first, because they said Hidden Springs was only 2000points and Sunlit Tides cost 2450. I didn't argue this, because I was not certain how much HS cost me originally, But after looking through my purchase history I discovered he was wrong, because my purchase history shows that it cost me 2450 when I bought it. So check this before you call.

I think they scammed you a little bit. :(

If that is how they act if you "own" worlds, then what would happen if I got a world as bonus, that I already "own"?

This is why I ask:
    I bought 4 of the worlds, (inc. Celtic Lands & the Aims Chocolate Fountain), on that last 0rigin sale in which only cost me $24 (+tax).
    BUT in my purchase history, it's listed as "FREE"!
    Huh?? I PAID for them!
    But because it was bought as "retail", rather than using Simpoints, they list it as free!
    SO then, according to what EA Customer Service said & did with you, they would be like, nope, you got it free, cough up the "x" amount.
    (or 2450 Simpoints? or 500 Simpoints, or whatever))? :lol:
    (well it wouldn't really be funny. But that makes it confusing, & now I am too nervous to even bother trying. :cry:

I think I rather wait for a super Simpoint sale & just buy what I am wanting most, when it goes on sale.
    I would LOVE to see a sale another member mentioned, that I never saw before: 1000 Simpoints for $4! :shock:

From what I have been skimming through, some of you guys got good deals, & some of you got "fleeced" & tricked since they weren't supposed to let you get what you already had... :evil:

They said that they had to base it on what the world currently costs in the store, not what I spent on it. So in my case, even though my purchase history shows my purchased version of Hidden Springs costing 2450, they were only willing to give me simpoints based on what Hidden Springs now costs which is only 2000 (so the goodie bag Hidden Springs is worth less than my version). So because Sunlit Tides currently cost 2450 it was not considered a even trade, and they needed me to cough up some extra points.

I don't feel that I was cheated, because it makes sense when you think of it, well except for the fact that I should not have gotten Hidden Springs in the first place, since I already own it. The bottom line is I still got a very good deal, so I can't really complain to much. I spent 900 (for my goodie bag bundle) + 450, and I got Sunlit Tides, plus another 30 items, so I really can't complain.

As for your situation, I would assume that they would refund you based on what the world cost in the store currently too, and it would not matter if you got the world for free, however we have to keep in mind that everyone's customer experiences are different. I was half way expecting them to tell me they couldn't do anything for me at all, and they did point out that they were doing me a favor in letting me exchange what I got in the Goodie bag.

If you don't feel comfortable with the goodie bags, I think it is smart for you to skip them. You might be lucky, or you might end up with a bag full of stuff you don't want. I got a lot of good stuff, but I admit I did get a handful of items that I would never have purchased outside of the goodie bags.
  • Options
    tristarintristarin Posts: 650 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for all the replies. The last time they did goodie boxes I didn't think about contacting customer service to exchange anything, so I am not sure they would have done it. About a third of what I had gotten then were duplicates. As a few other posters mentioned I currently have a couple of sets which I own, but do not show up as being owned on the store page. I am concerned that I may get those if I purchase the current goodie box deal. Overall, it seems that this promotion is better than the last and most people are happy with what they have gotten. I will probably break down and go ahead and buy a box or two. If I do buy one, I will let you know what I get.

Just a note, anyone who is considering this may want to double check whether they are able to complete a set, with the "complete your set" bonus before purchasing the goodie box. :wink:
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think APotts did so bad either. It's always tricky because you're mixing real money with fake currency.

For instance, if I bought the biggest Simpoint bundle I would receive a discount of 35%.

Once I bought a suit coat from Marshall Fields and I didn't wear it. I found it in my closet five years later, never worn. I took it back to Fields and they did not have it in inventory anymore, so they gave me a price which was about $20 less than I paid, but still they didn't have to take it back at all.

That is why it's tricky with this type of thing.

Look at this quote from the FAQ
    You may also receive one or more bonus items from any category in The Sims 3 Store. This bonus could range from an individual item, to a set, or to a world.

You see the word "May"? They technically don't have to give you any bonus content at all. So they could've said to APotts, the world was a bonus and not something you're entitled to.

I did have to laugh at this one item in the FAQ
    The number of items you receive in a Goodie Box can vary, but at a minimum, you will receive at least one item.

"At least one"? LOL I'd be pretty mad to spend Simpoints and get nothing...LOL

I must admit I am tempted to buy, but right now I'm content to enjoy what other people are getting, as I don't wish to go through the hassles of Customer Service if something gets duped.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Chimark wrote:
    I don't think APotts did so bad either. It's always tricky because you're mixing real money with fake currency.

For instance, if I bought the biggest Simpoint bundle I would receive a discount of 35%.

Once I bought a suit coat from Marshall Fields and I didn't wear it. I found it in my closet five years later, never worn. I took it back to Fields and they did not have it in inventory anymore, so they gave me a price which was about $20 less than I paid, but still they didn't have to take it back at all.

That is why it's tricky with this type of thing.

Look at this quote from the FAQ
    You may also receive one or more bonus items from any category in The Sims 3 Store. This bonus could range from an individual item, to a set, or to a world.

You see the word "May"? They technically don't have to give you any bonus content at all. So they could've said to APotts, the world was a bonus and not something you're entitled to.

I did have to laugh at this one item in the FAQ
    The number of items you receive in a Goodie Box can vary, but at a minimum, you will receive at least one item.

"At least one"? LOL I'd be pretty mad to spend Simpoints and get nothing...LOL

I must admit I am tempted to buy, but right now I'm content to enjoy what other people are getting, as I don't wish to go through the hassles of Customer Service if something gets duped.

I have to say that I am very impressed with any store that lets a customer return a 5 year old suit. We need more places like that in the world. These days too many companies underestimate the power of good customer service, but I am old enough to remember when most businesses followed 'The Customer is Always Right' way of thinking. Now it seems to be 'The Customer is always wrong unless they can legally prove they are right'. :wink:

And you made me laugh by mentioning the FAQ promising at least 1 item for your money. I hadn't even caught that part when I read through the FAQs. Thanks for the giggle. :lol:
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited October 2013
    i got
    Animal Friends Wall Shelf
    Dress Myself Dresser
    Rustic Loaf Box
    Ante Up the Volume
    Pastoral Reflections
    Stacked Planters
    Finest Living, Finest Cooking (got December 2011 Compilation basicly)

well worth 300sp
  • Options
    Jessicamp25Jessicamp25 Posts: 198 Member
    edited October 2013
    I bought 1 create-a-sim box and got:

Peek-a-Boo Bathing Suit
    Tough As Nails
    Teen Suburban Nights
    Elegance Enhanced
    Hewnsman Dining Room Set

Debating whether or not to buy another...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Alli -- If you have a Kohl's Department Store near you they also will refund no matter how long ago you bought the item (full disclosure: hubby works there part-time :wink: ).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    Alli -- If you have a Kohl's Department Store near you they also will refund no matter how long ago you bought the item (full disclosure: hubby works there part-time :wink: ).

Good to know. I might need to start shopping at Kohl's more often. :wink:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I do most of my shopping there (but then, can't pass up his discount!) :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    APotts wrote:
    I bought 4, and got the world Hidden Springs, which I already owned. :shock: I called CS and they allowed me to switch it to Sunlit Tides.

So I am happy with what I got, and would like to buy more goodie boxes, except I am worried that I will continue to get things I already own.

Aside from the world, I got some decent items, but only a couple of stand out pieces. I got the pet feeder PC as a bonus item, which made me happy, and I got the Hak 2 Skool Arcade Machine as a bonus, which isn't too bad, but my last bonus was a shirt, which was odd, since I was not doing the clothing boxes, and yet I was given a clothing item as a bonus? At least it was a nice shirt. :lol:

PS: I am curious if it makes a difference if you buy a 300sp box compared to two larger ones. I understand you get more boxes in the larger two, but do you also get better items.

Bah i just got Hidden Springs as a duplicate too! I used live chat to get ahold of a rep who told me he couldnt do anything :x
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh its raining duplicates in the same set of boxes :( Bleh, very disappointed! Would recommend avoiding! :(