The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Sharing Thread - Submit Creations, Stories, etc.

Comments

• Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited February 2013
    Edit- The lot is finished. More pics and link on page 5 :mrgreen:

I'm currently working on a shopping lot for that 30x30 lot that's between two houses on the main street of town.

Screenshot-237_zps7e0e752e.jpg

I'm tying to make it look like old buildings with something new added on.

It's going to be a nectary (furthest left), then a pet shop (middle building), then laundromat (closest newest looking building)

It's not finished yet but I'm hoping to have it done tommorrow night. I need to work all day though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for sharing the lots, everyone! I already grabbed and wRECked the three lots posted!

Pandora - Love the shopping lot. I will have to snatch it up for my AS when you upload it.

I am currently working on a nightclub that is roughly based on one in Iceland that I found in a simple Google search.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYHlDp47rOznKQwm_ljMZzB33hK0cIocIHAi5UsPIZMDfuc2D81g

I will share it if it comes out alright.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks,

Neady134, I love your church lot it's very authentic. I left a rec for it and AliceMarie's I have them bookmarked to download later.

I have a few ideas that I am messing with, I want to do a farmer's/Fish market but I might wait until university because I think bakery cases will be included. I'm working on a hangout now, I only have the shell so I don't know which of the Night Life venues it will be until I decorate it.

For my big project I want to makeover the lot next to the geothermal lake into a hotel based on this one in Iceland. http://www.bluelagoon.com/
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am not familiar with the that part of the world, I did look up some images of residences that is suppose to be from that area and started building homes. I am really bothered by the boxes with no real definition, and was telling some of my simming friends about that. So I was challenged to use only the base game and Aurora Skies assets to create a residential lot for the world. I was allowed to use Ambitions laundry stuff too. :) Still designing the interior, so it's not finished.

Screenshot-63-1.jpg

I did create a lot based on homes from Scandinavia. http://www.scandinavianhomesltd.com/house/bjorkas/

This is the one my sim that I have established will be living in. I haven't changed the CC roof yet.

Screenshot-47-2.jpg

This looks really beautiful so far Blewis! I can't wait for the finished product! ^_^

Also, good jobs on the lots so far guys, I have added them to the front page.

Also, I will be updating in the next few days, a list of updates for Aurora Skies, which includes recommended objects, removing certain lots, and more.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited February 2013
    Due to popular request a Balloon re-color

Steampunk Hot Air Balloon
    large.jpg
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited February 2013
    I always love these threads. So far we have some very cool things here. :wink:

I made a salon too. I put it on the empty lot near the movie theater and grocery store.
    I tried to keep it fairly simple. Only one store item. That was hard. :mrgreen:

as-s3_zps9e0a37fe.jpg

Screenshot-5-3_zpsf8d09bd7.jpg

as-s1_zpse87aa296.jpg

dl link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7027610

Edit* my first pic won't show because I named it "a.s.-.s.2"(without the periods) and apparently that is a bad word?? So I removed it. :P
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited February 2013
    pandora4co wrote:
    I'm currently working on a shopping lot for that 30x30 lot that's between two houses on the main street of town.

Screenshot-237_zps7e0e752e.jpg

I'm tying to make it look like old buildings with something new added on.

It's going to be a nectary (furthest left), then a pet shop (middle building), then laundromat (closest newest looking building)

It's not finished yet but I'm hoping to have it done tommorrow night. I need to work all day though.

looks great so far! can't wait to recommend and download!

jessabeans! the salon is beautiful. recommended and downloaded
  • Options
    Neady134Neady134 Posts: 129 Member
    edited April 2013
    pandora4co, blewis823 & JustLiz87 - can't wait for your lots :mrgreen:
    Jessabeans - Neady134, I love your church lot it's very authentic.
    Thanks for that - I'm only really starting to build lots apart from houses.

Pallypoo - Love your salon too - downloaded & recommended.

Working on a modern feel dance club at the moment based on this pic of a building in Iceland that I found on the internet

ModernIceland1_zps8315b08c.png

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Everone!

I've been playing Aurora Skies for a couple days now and love it! I'm currently playing the Beaker household. The Beakers were one of my favorite families to play in The Sims 2 (loved Strangetown!). But what's Loki Beaker wihout his beloved "partner in crime", Circe? Right! So I decided to recreate her and her parents. I created a household in CAS of Circe and her parents, Xanthos and Grainne Salmis.

Download Household: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7026937

Salamis_zps3e614150.jpg

I also decided to upload each individual Sim to my Studio so that you could see more pictures of each Sim. Here they are:

Circe Salamis: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7026930

Circe_Salamis_zps686647b1.jpg

Circe's mother, Grainne Salamis (nee McGork): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7026882

Grainne_Salamis_zps6946cc9f.jpg

And Circe's father, Xanthos Salamis: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7026552

Xanthos_Salamis_zps20a474df.jpg

All three Sims were created in CAS using only items from the EA. No third-party content, no Create-A-Pattern. I tried my best to recreate each Sim based upon their biogaphical information from the Sims 2 Wiki found here:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Circe_Beaker

Please recommend. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am not familiar with the that part of the world, I did look up some images of residences that is suppose to be from that area and started building homes. I am really bothered by the boxes with no real definition, and was telling some of my simming friends about that. So I was challenged to use only the base game and Aurora Skies assets to create a residential lot for the world. I was allowed to use Ambitions laundry stuff too. :) Still designing the interior, so it's not finished.

Screenshot-63-1.jpg

This looks really beautiful so far Blewis! I can't wait for the finished product! ^_^

Also, good jobs on the lots so far guys, I have added them to the front page.

Also, I will be updating in the next few days, a list of updates for Aurora Skies, which includes recommended objects, removing certain lots, and more.

Thank you Azn. I have the lot uploaded in my studio: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7036745

Pandora4co, please let us know when you upload. I love that lot. :thumbup:

EDIT: I had to correct the spiral stairs in the original, so I was giving the updated link in my studio. Sorry.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Great job on the spa Pallypoo, rec'd. I really need to do some non-store/non-stuff pack builds again to make them more accessible. That's was a good idea. Your shopping centre is coming along nicely pandora4co. Thanks for uploading the balloon recolor Hollowness, it looks great in game.
  • Options
    gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2013
    As a Mac player with Aurora Skies, this thread makes me sad. There's no 1.50 patch for me (and other Mac players) so I can't download anything that's new to the Exchange, including all these beautiful lots that I need and LOVE. I can still download older stuff, but every AS lot I've tried gives me the error saying I need a new patch. I'm sooooo frustrated with EA and jealous of all of yall.
  • Options
    Neady134Neady134 Posts: 129 Member
    edited April 2013
    Finally finished my Dance Club for Aurora Skies

The Red Velvet Lounge

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7029362

Screenshot-15_zps560ab238.jpg

Basement with Showtime Stage & Bar
    Screenshot-22_zpsb258227d.jpg

Ground Floor with Dance Floor & Bar
    Screenshot-13_zpse429476e.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps107249e5.jpg

First Floor with Late Night Stage for bands & outdoor bar
    Screenshot-7_zpsc76dc3a9.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps5aeeb104.jpg
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love the thread :) These are so helpful. Will probably grab a few of these when I'm ready , I don't know that i wantto build many on my own for this world. Everything looks great.

@ Aznsensei I wonder if it'd be a good idea to make a Master thread for these world sharing threads, maybe you could get that stickied, it'd be great to not have to hunt down the other ones.
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    Here is what I made :mrgreen:

bb_zps09cf704e.png

More photos this page and the next

CC and CAP free
    Wall photos were taken by a sim.
    *Does contain a lot of store content

Just a few photos:

Screenshot-154-1_zps5c58bfa5.jpg

Screenshot-147-1_zpsd80da842.jpg

Screenshot-155-1_zpsdda41142.jpg

Screenshot-165_zps27423219.jpg
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow there are some great creations, I am loving seeing what everyone has been doing with Aurora Skies! When I woke up yesterday morning I found out that a very dear friend of mine had gifted me Aurora Skies Gold, I couldn't believe it! I was so ecstatic!! Anyhow I absolutely adore the world and the venue and will certainly be using them a lot in the future. Currently I have am diving my time between two saves, one of these is set within Sunset Valley (a much neglected world in my game) and so I am going to continue with those games before I start up a new world. I have however placed the Early Learning venue within Sunset Valley because the couple I am playing will soon be getting married and having their first child in preparation for Uni Life and so these items could not have come a better time for me! Going to have a lot of fun :mrgreen:

Whilst I loved the exterior of the venue and the items that come with it, I feel the interiors were somewhat bland and I couldn't wait to start ripping out the base game content and filling it with content from EPs/SPs and the Store. Thought I would share my pictures so far and perhaps even get some advice, I rarely play with children so I almost never decorate rooms for them so this was a welcome change and I am so happy to use a lot of this content. Right now I have only been working on the top level, I wanted to turn it into a really cozy area children could loose themselves in a magical book and even study (or play computer games!). As it comes the top level is extremely barren in my opinion and I have no idea why they slapped some gym equipment there, it was all a bit random! Anyhow basically I am playing around with a mixture of bright and pastel colours to give it a very childlike vibe :D

Screenshot-36_zpsc9831c65.jpg

Screenshot-37_zps27758199.jpg

I have been dying to use that mermaid statue that came with Seasons ever since I got the EP! I am going to squeeze the other mermaid wall decor that came with the EP on one of the other floors as well :P

Screenshot-38_zps466b1e52.jpg

Screenshot-40_zpsc829b274.jpg

Screenshot-34_zpsb6c89171.jpg

I'm almost happy with it but I think I might redecorate the rest of the venue and then come back to it after I've done that, I know exactly what I want to put in the garden and I am going to turn the so called "parent's room" into a media room with one of the large TVs, that way children and parents a like can gather around and watch some good old Disney movies. Once I've finished upgrading the venue to my liking I will add it to the exchange if anyone is interested in it :mrgreen:

ETA- Wow InvisableLyndz your nursery lot is incredible, off to rec :thumbup:
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm interested miklc, I'll use it in my World it looks amazing. I love all the bright colors for this World, one of my fav builds is making bright colored buildings and lots.
  • Options
    LanyTXLanyTX Posts: 78 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I haven't done much building in A.S. as of yet, still getting a feel for the 'land' and the climate. After all these years on the Sims forums this is the first world I have liked the looks of enough to upload pictures. I guess that's saying something for Aurora Skies.

The only Aurora Borealis I've seen so far appeared in a swirling plume of colors above the Butterfly Esplanade.

ASABplume.jpg

ASABplume2.jpg

The wild horses of Aurora Skies make their way to their feeding grounds.

AShorses.jpg

Aurora Skies mountain at night with horse in the distance.

ASnightfallwithhorse.jpg

• Options
    NataliePetmerNataliePetmer Posts: 156 New Member
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited February 2013
    I finally finished Sigrund's Shopps. Hope you guys don't mind I changed the outside color a bit. I think it looks a bit cheerier this way. :-)
    A 30x30 Commercial Lot, with a Nectary, Pet store and Laundromat.
    In my town it is located on 64 Velkominn, between an empty house and the Warbler household.

Screenshot-238_zps2cb784be.jpg

A pic through the front window of the laundromat. It includes the obvious washer/dryers, a waiting area in the front to read, and a childrens area in the back. Clothing lines for the most eco consious are outside in the rear of the building.

Screenshot-239_zps2c565ef5.jpg

The pet shop is next with all the essentials for your pets needs!

Screenshot-240_zps71c9818d.jpg

The nectary is last but not least. It includes both tasting racks and racks to buy nectar and a machine to make your own if you choose. If you have the vegetable stand from the MonteVista Venue, you can also purchase fruits and vegtables as well. There is also a patio out back if you would like to relax outside.

Screenshot-241_zpsdaf5c40d.jpg

Finally a pic of the back of the lot with the patio and clotheslines.

Screenshot-242_zps35e0d8d1.jpg

I tried my best to limit the items I used to the EP that pertains to the shop. For the nectary and the Petstore I tried to only use base game and WA items, and basegame and PetsEP items. That way if you don't have these EP's the items just won't appear and you can easily remodel the shop to whatever you want. The laundromat I did use Townlife and some store items in it. There is no third party CC used at all.

Get it here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7030975

Edit to add a pic of the next building I'm working on. I just finished the outside, inside is totally unfinished. I'm debating on what to make it into. I'm considering a consignment shop or a bar/hangout. This lot is landscaped to blend in on the lot at 42 lupin lane.

THIS LOT IS NOW FINISHED- more pics and link on page 7!
    Screenshot-243_zps31c4b647.jpg
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, grabbing them up and placing all these wonderful lots in my world.

Yay! A nectary, just what I need for my sims, thank you pandora4co!! Woot!

I am interested too Miklc. Pretty Please. *fluttering eyelashes*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi!

I created the Salamis family in CAS earlier and I thought I'd also create the Specter-Subject household, too. Olive Specter's fascination with Death led her to have an affair with the Grim Reaper. Her son Nervous Subject resulted from that affair. In the Sims 2, Nervous was taken away by the Social Worker and later taken in by the Beakers.

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7031078

Specter-Subject_zpse9b8bd67.jpg

I have also uploaded Olive and Nervous as individual Sims so that you can check out the photos of all their outfits.

Olive Specter: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7030969

Olive_Specter_zpsdac9f358.jpg

Nervous Subject: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7031079

Nervous_Subject_zpsd37e980d.jpg

When creating these Sims in CAS, I used a downloaded Grim Reaper as Nervous' father. He's not included in the household, however. Just like in the Sims 2. No CC. No CAP. Please recommend. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Nik

P.S. I once again used the biographical information from the Sims 2 Wiki found here:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Nervous_Subject
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Fika - Local Watering Hole
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7031203
    Shown at 95 Edgewood Ave
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Downstairs Cafe
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Upstairs Bar
    screenshot_original.jpg

Note: To make it more accessible I did not use any stuff packs and tried to use as few expansions as possible. I did use one store item in addition to the items that come with Aurora Skies. (I uninstalled the 'gold' lot so I wouldn't accidentally use any items included with that.)
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought this was cool - Sims can swim under the waterfalls! Look closely - she's there, lol:

screenshot_original.jpg

She was able to climb out on the right side (across from where she entered the water) and go hiking.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top