Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Sharing Thread - Submit Creations, Stories, etc.

Comments

• Options
    DudsnzDudsnz Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi all,
    Here's a house I created for a competition that I made for the 50x50 lot at 9 Rock Ridge Road.
    Its called Calming Springs (click to go to exchange link)

CS1_zpsb57471d6.jpg

cs2_zps80fe052a.jpg

The pools have several fog emitters placed within to create a steam effect... They are set to ep1manholesteam as I am not sure of what code for the aurora skies steaming waters (or if they produce an area of steam that would be too big).

Bandcampsquirrel created the competition to add more bedrooms, a glass house and to landscape the grounds.

I have sunken the glasshouse into the ground to stop loosing heat on those sides that take in less sun.
    There are some plants already in the glass house, 4 trees and the grape vine varieties. There are two swift gro stations which should mean plenty of room to grow more.
    A room above the glasshouse acts as a solarium, where you can relax and take in the sun even on cold days out, maybe even a massage if there's another sim around to oblige.
    The left side of the glasshouse is a jungle recreation. Beware the cow plant! Also here is a spa, sauna room, and access to a basement bathroom that has a window through to the central pool.

The grounds are lanscaped with several levels to make it a little more interesting. Activies are scatted about, although the child playground ones are mainly to the front left of the lot. When night comes a series of lights will illuminate several features in different hues.
    There's a balloon in the side yard, you might want to have the opening facing outwards, (spin the balloon 180 degrees), as occupants would then look across the large hot pools to the waterfalls.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    Good *grief*, you fit a lot into your builds. Amazing work, Duds. Do you have a link to more pictures? I'd love to see more pics. Rec'd!!
  • Options
    sarahewhysarahewhy Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2013
    I made little cottage for one of the small lots on Sulfur Springs Road. See my Studio. Hope everyone's having fun in this new world! http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7052308
  • Options
    DudsnzDudsnz Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks TRajah,
    I spent 8 hours on it last night and a further 9 and a half today to get it finished by the competition deadline... so I'm a little burnt out now, but I will get some pics up on my Dudsnz creation thread at some stage (still have another of my lots to get a gallery together) :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2013
    OMG, that is a good build, Dudsnz. Love the green house.

Working on a build with a traditional flare. Got the idea from images showing a country home in Reykjavik.

Screenshot-61.jpg

Screenshot-66.jpg

Screenshot-64-1.jpg
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    srodrig2005srodrig2005 Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2013
    blewis823 I am loving your little house. I hope it is uploaded soon. How many bed & bath? I really need something more than the standard 1 bedrooms that the world has. The bright colors fit in great.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have to finish the design indoors. I see a couple of changes I might make, but it will stay bright. I have a basement for nectar creating, may add another bedroom downstairs. Right now there is a bedroom on the main floor, a loft bedroom for kids, 1.5 bath.

I have to test the lot and finish taking pictures of this and the festival lot. I will have them both uploaded soon.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, double post.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited March 2013
    blewis I love the look of your new build, it looks like it will fit into Aurora Skies perfectly! Great job :thumbup:
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi
    I'm not very good at building and this is the first time I have tried posting pictures, so fingers crossed it works. Here's the Laundromat Cafe I made for Aurora Skies.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7053857

AuroraSkiesLaundromatCafe_zpsaea56277.png

Screenshot-120_zpsf6f4a788.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Neady134Neady134 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm loving all the creations :mrgreen:

and I just wanted to thank everyone that recommended my downloads as I got my 100 recommendations badge today :mrgreen::mrgreen: which I'm delighted with as a new builder.

I'm currently working on another Late Night venue and I'll upload it soon...
  • Options
    NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited March 2013
    All the builds in this thread as so wonderful! Can't wait to install them in my AS but I haven't even really played it yet as I have been so busy building! I have to say I have been more inspired to build in Aurora Skies than any other world to date.

I will be uploading a 3bd, 4 ba house (my first to the exchange!) later on tonight/tomorrow am once I get all the pics together. And then I'm going to start working on some of the community lots.

After the 5th I will probably be single-handedly keeping this thread alive as I have no plans to purchase UL right away. :lol:
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited March 2013
    I built the Aurora Skies Stave Church (art gallery/wedding chapel) for the the Aurora Skies Community Build competition.

Download link: Aurora Skies Stave Church

More pictures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/628651.page#10385833

This wedding venue (art gallery) was inspired by the Heddal Stave Church (built in the early 13th century) in Norway. This venue (placed at 9 Rock Ridge Rd. in Aurora Skies) provides everything you need for a destination wedding (except for the cake).

553213_138052643030990_432965890_n.jpg

72331_138052599697661_1549046976_n.jpg

525182_138052506364337_701057476_n.jpg

62114_138050863031168_1296724696_n.jpg
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2013
    Some Beautiful Builds guys! Just updated the thread today, was busy all week last week! :oops:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi Azn, hope your week was good. :)

I uploaded the Reykjavik Country Home:

Screenshot-46.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7060716

My festival lot at the Blue Lagoon:

Screenshot-71.jpg

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-88-1.jpg

Screenshot-82.jpg

Features a display stand that changes every season. May have a few items from the Monte Vista venue.

Screenshot-81.jpg

Screenshot-74.jpg

Too tired to show live game play and I must get up early for an appointment tomorrow, so if you want more pics, I can do it later this week. Sorry for now.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7060709
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Here we go!

stokkhouse_1_640x480.png

Stokkönd House - 3bd, 4ba
    Lot Size: 20 x 30
    Description: Residential Lot for Aurora Skies at 90 Edgewood Ave. The original home has received a recent addition in order to accommodate a more eco-friendly lifestyle. Featuring two bedrooms for children with shared bath and a private, semi-detached master suite. Modern, Scandinavian-inspired design throughout. Includes an established garden!

* CC Free
    * Play-tested
    * Checked with Custard

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7061626

Some pics (you can view more at the link above)

stokkhouse_2_512x512.png

stokkhouse_3_512x512.png

stokkhouse_4_512x512.png

stokkhouse_5_512x512.png

This is my first ever upload to the exchange. :shock: Normally I feel like I don't decorate my builds with enough bits and bobbles to appeal to anyone but myself (I prefer a more minimal style). In this case, I *did* try to add some more clutter for atmosphere (it was tough to do!), but it's still on the lean side, in that respect. Anyway, my roomie told me I should upload it, so here it is.

Please let me know if you download and have any issues. I extensively playtested and checked with custard. I *did* have to upgrade the fireplace to fireproof, since it caught my house on fire a couple times I playtested, no matter how I arranged the furniture in the room. LOL. I expect its because it's a cheapie fireplace. But I couldn't bring myself to delete it because it has so much character. :D

The idea is that the house was originally just the dark blue portion (more traditional style), but the owners built a more modern addition to be more eco-friendly (solar panels and such). It was designed to be placed across from the theatre at 90 Edgewood Ave but it could go elsewhere in Aurora Skies, or any other world, really... you'd maybe just want to delete the benches I placed at the corner of the lot that borders the park.

Speaking of, there is an area in the back I purposely left empty for you to use as fits your playstyle. You could put a children's play area, outdoor entertaining area, ya know, whatever you like.

Hope you enjoy!

• Options
    genietwogenietwo Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2013
    My thanks to all of you who created lots or renovated existing lots for this world. Beautifully done!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Spooky72Spooky72 Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nanatorium wrote:
    This is my first ever upload to the exchange. :shock: Normally I feel like I don't decorate my builds with enough bits and bobbles to appeal to anyone but myself (I prefer a more minimal style). In this case, I *did* try to add some more clutter for atmosphere (it was tough to do!), but it's still on the lean side, in that respect. Anyway, my roomie told me I should upload it, so here it is.

I'm glad your roommate persuaded you; this is a fantastic build, especially for a first upload! Great, great work! Rec'd! I am downloading it as I type!
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've got a couple of new builds to add ^-^
    (Click the photo for download link)

aces_zps597ddc2e.png

Screenshot-268_zps750209b7.jpg

Screenshot-269_zps0cf3e724.jpg

Disco Nights!

Untitled1-1_zpsc7f5b156.png

Screenshot-249_zps949abd6c.jpg

Screenshot-250_zps83d62f87.jpg
  • Options
    texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2013
    InvisibleLyndz, I'm so excited about your disco roller skating rink!! I've added several of the lots from this thread to my town because I'm a terrible builder. They're all really great, but this 80's roller rink made my day! I had to give it a special shout out.

Thanks to everyone! All of these lots really make the town come alive and are so much better than my haphazard attempts. :)

...scurrying off to play...
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • Options
    JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nanatorium - Wow!!! Love your house! I hope you keep uploading lots! Congrats on your first upload!

I always love these sharing threads!!!
  • Options
    YOTEAMOYOTEAMO Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited March 2013
    Spooky72 wrote:
    Nanatorium wrote:

I'm glad your roommate persuaded you; this is a fantastic build, especially for a first upload! Great, great work! Rec'd! I am downloading it as I type!

Idd. Absolutely love this build, you should think about setting up a thread over in creative corner! DRF from me :)

Also Lyndz, wow your roller disco is the NUTS BABY! If I had the SP, I would definately add to my game looks like so much fun. Great job girlie :)

Keep the creations coming folks as I've found a few beauty's to add to my game and look forwards to adding more :)
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited March 2013
    JustLiz87 wrote:
    Nanatorium - Wow!!! Love your house! I hope you keep uploading lots! Congrats on your first upload!

I always love these sharing threads!!!

Agreeing with everything above.

Stokkönd House will be great I love the spaces you've created and it fits right into the centre of town. Downloaded and rec'd.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you thank you thank you, everyone, for your flattering words! I'm definitely encouraged to build and share more!

And Yote, thank you ever so much for the gift. It was very lovely of you to do. I have always respected your work, so it's especially meaningful to me. :)

I'll probably start a thread in the Creative Corner once I get more builds under my belt, but thank you for the suggestion! I'm currently working on a more rugged "shipping container" style residential build for Aurora Skies and then I plan on working on some community lots. My long-term goal is to create a build for every empty lot in the town, so if any of you have any suggestions or requests, feel free to share!
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2013
    I did a renovation of plumbob studios for aurora skies. It has an exclusive lounge and dressing rooms for the stars underground. I don't know how to add pictures, but her is the exchange link. Hope you like it!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7060922

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top