Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    mattgstl wrote:
    I have noticed that after the new patch, my sims can't clean up or put food in the fridge now.

Please read the first page and answer the questions in the second post.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JoJo_NettJoJo_Nett Posts: 97 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm here to confirm that Overwatch has fixed my gardening bugs (harvest can't be queued and plants are missing from the collection journal).

Thanks Twallan and Crinrict!
  • Options
    MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't know if the patch I downloaded was right. It came up as PATCH DOWNLOADED as soon as I clicked to download it, and my Launcher is still runnin. I've already uninstalled all my CC, I did that 2 weeks ago, I just want to know, (And if this helps, I feel kinda stupid right now, but when you do it by launcher does it say Sims 3 Store for everyone?)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    That's the patch for the Store stuff. Check the updates tab if it's offering 1.38.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have a Very small bug, it doesnt really affect gameplay, but it sure is annoying.
    So theres a gem in the game called Tiberium and when you get it cut and place it on your home lot, within a day it'll grow into a spire cut and be worth 40,000 simoleons. But after I updated to the latest patch it no longer grows, I have 2 placed on my home lot right now and they've been the same for about a Sim week... :cry:
    Like I said, its not really that big of a deal, but its so frustrating..

Edit: One of them grew, so I guess the patch just delayed it a bit. But I might be wrong it might be nothing to do with the patch at all.

I have no CC, or mods,
    I only have the patch, not supernatural,
    patch 10.0.96.018001,
    I was playing an existing game,
    Im playing on Sunset Valley,
    Operating on Windows 7
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Could you try a new game ? Do you have any issues with smelting and cutting more than one item (saw something along these lines in the tech forum) ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited September 2012
    Now that you mention it, smelting is fine but when I get more than 1 gem cut at a time, some appear in the inventory bigger than the others, ill post a pic!

ec2zW.png
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2012
    Crinrict, thank you again for starting a bug thread. This isn't a bug report but a heads up for you with an observation and question. I am attaching a pic of new .package files that are appearing in DCBackup. I patched on Friday and played for a bit, found 7 files added to DCBackup but left them in place as the time stamp was updating with each play session.

Yesterday I was only able to play for a few minutes but checked DCBackup when I quit and found that 6 of the files had duplicated see pic. This morning, the duplicate files have disappeared and I haven't even played. :shock:

Regardless, I wanted to point them out to you because I think they might need to be left in DCBackup like the ccmerged file that keeps store premium content working but am not sure. That's the question part of this post. Do they need to remain so game functions properly? I did look at them with s3pe and they are xml files for the most part. I don't always understand what I see in those files but "dynamicchallenge" appears frequently in those files and I see references to different skills.

Input as to what they do and whether or not they should be kept like the ccmerged.package file would be helpful and appreciated.

NewPkgFilesAfter138Patch.jpg
  • Options
    RhenderaRhendera Posts: 51 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey crinrict,

Just wanted to give a small update, I uninstalled all my eps and stuff packs and re-installed the base game. It seems to be working now, even with the new update. I'm just slowly going to re-install all eps and test after ever ep. Thanks for the help again!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @HazzaPlumbob: I'll add your issues tonight

@DOLLDRMS1: I have those files. It seems they have something to do with the new badges. No clue what exactly but if they just number them like that, there's no way for us to find out what we can keep and what not.

Don't know how they doubled for you. Windows does not allow two files with the same name in the same folder. Are you sure they aren't in different folders ? Try to change to Arranged by folder instead of arranged by name to find out in which folder the duplicates are.

I'll do some research on it.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited September 2012
    Update: my game has crashed to desktop a couple times. I have not really been playing any sims but my vamp so I can't give a report on how things are with that.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2012
    I will just leave the files in. The duplication files have disappeared. I can't find them in any other folder either so I don't see a need to be concerned about it. You have other more important things to research, so please don't worry about this. I'll simply chalk it up to one of those mysterious computer anomalies that can crop up.

BTW, call me DD, much easier to type :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited September 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    - Textures look really bad, even with graphics settings quite high. I noticed this especially with the grass. It's like it hasn't finished loading.

I just deleted the DeviceConfig and Options files from Documents/EA/TS3; the game generated new ones, and now everything is running fine.

I'm not sure if the issue was caused by the latest patch, but it only started when I installed, so in case anyone else is having problems with their graphics settings since the update, I thought I'd share this.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    ComputosaurusComputosaurus Posts: 113 New Member
    edited September 2012
    The issue I'm having the most trouble with is skins reverting, which I saw was already listed. Has anyone found a workaround?
  • Options
    lolipoperlolipoper Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2012

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? removed for patch
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods- no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)- used them prior to patch, took them out for the patch and upgraded to compatible versions. Having this issue, so I removed them again.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes, but currently removed.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.38
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? n/a
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

After I patched the game I noticed a few issues. The first is I cannot self-select any sim with a superstar profession. I noticed it first with one of my singers, when I wanted to have her practice singing. I tried several of my other sims and none of them can self-select either. Sims that do not have superstar professions are still able.

The second issue is in map view, my superstar sims also cannot view any of the information bubbles above buildings. Sims without superstar professions are still able.

Proprietors are also spawning constantly. I went to the park, and there were a lot of them just continually spawning.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @Kamb64: Crashes .. what can I say

@DOLLDRMS1: I usually just c/p the nicks so no typing.

@GreenCats: Thanks for sharing

@Computosaurus: I'll add your name but some extra info would be nice

@lolipoper: Those are all Showtime issues. Somehow the steady gigs get corrupted. Resetting the sim usually got the interactions back for me. Not sure what to do about the proprietors. ErrorTrap & Overwatch are supposed to fix this issue.

---

I'll update in the morning. Good night everyone
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2012
    Just wanted to say that this thread is awesome! I feel a lot better about my games issues now.

I have the writing bug. My sims can't write poetry or horror. I tried it with an existing sim with maxed skill and career and a brand new sim in a new game. Both seemed to reset and jump away from the computer. I understand the issue now and hope it will be fixed when I install supernatural.

I also have the problem with harvestables not showing up in the collections tab. It works for most sims but not my level 10 skill and career gardening sim. I'm happy to know that someone is working on this.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used mods. Removed cc
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? NA
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? ummmmm.... on the launcher it says 12.0.273.018001. sorry I'm being a bit thick.
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? Both, problems are in both
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA (Hidden Springs (new game) and highly edited sunset valley (existing game)
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) vista

Thanks for the help! :D

(edit due to bad spelling)
  • Options
    happeningfishhappeningfish Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    I wanted to report that the Overwatch mod fixed my garden problem as well.

I should also mention that I had a symptom not previously mentioned: I had plenty of plants at the growth state "Harvest", but they'd stay there for days and no fruit would appear, and I wasn't able to harvest anything.

Tried planting new plants; they'd also get stuck at "Harvest" but with nothing to take.

Since adding Overwatch, all I can say is that they're gradually starting to bear fruit again - they haven't all been fixed on one day, but by now I have about half of my 40-odd plants working fine, and another plant or two kicks into life each Sim morning.

Just adding that in case someone also had that difficulty.
  • Options
    KaikazePandaKaikazePanda Posts: 29 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I am having a problem with the Ambitions Ghost Hunter Profession. I have played this profession before with no problems, but after the patch it started glitching.

During the Find/Evict Spirits job I can Scan for Spirits, but once I locate them no ghost appears.

I have been looking through the Ambitions threads and stuff like for related problems. Not sure if it is associated with the patch or not. Any info would be great!

Thank you!

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No, just little CCs like hair, etc.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Yes
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Don't think my CCs need updating
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?
    Just the Patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Existing save.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows
  • Options
    BernardDBernardD Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2012
    I too am now having problems with the Ghost Hunter career. I also tried to see if was an existing issue, but found no info like my problem, same as KaikazePanda. Can not evict spirits. The ghosts do not appear.

I also have a problem with the family tree button not working, and I have the gardening/plants journal issues.

I have no CC or mods. I only have the patch, level 1.38. I am playing an existing game, Barnacle Bay. Have Win 7.
  • Options
    faithvssamfaithvssam Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I wanted to report that the Overwatch mod fixed my garden problem as well.

Do you know which part of Overwatch fixed it? Because Twallan's mods are great but if you don't tweak it, they change a lot of things at the same time that I don't necessarily want changed.
    I have the plants stuck at the Harvest stage without being able to harvest anything too, and it's quite a problem since my sim is a career gardener...
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited September 2012
    1. I have no CC and no mods.
    2. N/A
    3. I've never used any mods.
    4. N/A
    5. Just the patch.
    6. Using game update 1.38.
    7. I started a new game.
    8. Playing in Hidden Springs (EA).
    9. Using Windows 7

I patched tonight and then created an orange sim in CAS using the new skin tones. I started playing a new game with the newly created sim in Hidden Springs, and quickly realized that my sim was given genie attributes (has all genie interactions and all needs except "fun" are blue/purple instead of the usual green. The only thing I can think of is that the random sim that first appeared in CAS was a genie with the genie outfit and blue skin tone. I randomized the sim about ten or more times after that and changed gender, looks, and clothing to get to the sim I ended up using, but somehow the genie attributes stuck. Also, as other people have mentioned about the new skins, the orange skin tone reverted to a more "normal" tone when I clicked to edit sim in CAS while in game. However, it was still orange in game when I exited out of CAS.

Edit: When I started playing the sim and their fun increased while playing the guitar, the status bar changed from green to blue/purple like the others.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @happeningfish: Thanks for the report

@KaikazePanda, BernardD: Are you sure you don't have a nomosaic hack hiding somewhere ? Is it a matter of not seeing the ghost or does it not spawn ?

@BernardD: The family tree button not working is a problem with corrupted relationship data. Overwatch should fix that as well as your gardening issue

@faithvssam: I think it's a cleanup at startup or at 3 am (or whenever it runs)

@DCExplorer: Do you actually have showtime ? That genie trait is a major pain. All my children of Sims always become genies and have the interactions, it's like there's something not right with them. I'll add your report.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @DCExplorer: Do you actually have showtime ? That genie trait is a major pain. All my children of Sims always become genies and have the interactions, it's like there's something not right with them. I'll add your report.

Yes, I have Showtime. Yeah, I wish there was a way to remove the genie trait from my sim, because this was going to be my first "rainbowcy" (since I don't use mods, I was really excited about the new skin tones) and I didn't want to throw the crazy genie genetics in the mix. Oh well, guess I'll just start a new sim.

Thanks for adding my issue to your list!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ec1ipsse wrote:
    Here's another one that isn't critical, but might be annoying...

The consignment symbol in the skills journal has disappeared in all games tried so far.
    Bugs I share with others... :?

Are you still reading ? If so, would you be willing to plop in ErrorTrap to see if you get a script error for this ?
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top