The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• chevronfoxchevronfox Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2012
    Okay, I just finished testing the reading to children thing again. I'm thinking ErrorTrap must be catching the glitch as it happens and preventing it, or else it was just a once-off problem. I couldn't get it to duplicate with either a toddler or a child, whether I used the tablet or the regular books.

Here are my Script Error logs. There may be some repetition in the files since I reloaded several times. I'd previously played without cheats on, but I had to turn them on to get static motives/be able to move the motive sliders to make the toddlers/children sleepy enough to be read to.

Edit: I added the log link but it replaced it with a bunch of asterisks...

Thanks for the help. And I hope this helps someone else.

Edit again: it keeps editing out my link with asterisks. I'm not really sure what to do about that.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    @CMWarren: I'll add but I don't think it will do any good.

@kezza11178: Mods and/or cc in your game ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2012
    ooops yes sorry forgot to add that, i have VelocityGrass no memories mod and some cc hair,eyes and make-up
    edited September 2012
    All right, link posted to your guestbook, crinrict.

Thank you again.

Of course it may end up being that I need to reinstall my game or something--data corrupts over time--but it's a new save in a new folder, so it ought to have been as bug-free as it could. I guess I should try making more new saves to see if I can duplicate the metals glitch in other worlds besides Lucky Palms. I don't know if I can do that today.

Do you think it would help if I made a thread to ask others to try to test the metal smelting too, to try to confirm if it's the patch?
    edited September 2012
    kezza11178 wrote:
    ooops yes sorry forgot to add that, i have VelocityGrass no memories mod and some cc hair,eyes and make-up

Did you update the mod ? Is it just the sprinkler or all items ?

@chevronfox: i posted at twallans. I'll see what he hast to say.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    @chevronfox:

Twallan's answer:
    Ah, okay... Where did they get the metal they were using to smelt ?

Did they collect it prior to the patch ? If so, then the collecting skill was not yet initialized for that type of metal, and the interaction failed.

All they need to do is go out and collect a new copy of that same metal, and the collecting skill should be corrected for them.

I'll have a ponder on whether I can correct that particular error. :)

Any insight on when you got them ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    I got the metals from the Magic Cauldron, so they were newly acquired. I guess this is because that particular store content is not updated to the patch/new game, so that the metal it generates is pre-patch metal somehow?

I remember something being said about the items being upgraded for the release of Supernatural, but as far as I'm aware, that hasn't happened yet. They're probably waiting until the actual game releases.

Mystery solved, I guess!
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    kezza11178 wrote:

Did you update the mod ? Is it just the sprinkler or all items ?

@chevronfox: i posted at twallans. I'll see what he hast to say.

yep mod is updated and no it was other items too ..wall art,columns not sure what else as thats all i used

oh the windows too

i did just try to place items in appaloosa plains and it worked fine, i was playing in sunlit tides when i had the problems so mabey its just that town thats causing the problem :? :?
    edited September 2012
    @chevronfox: Try collecting some the regular way to see if it's solved

@kezza11178: Is this an existing game ? If so, see if you have the same issue with a new one. If yes, try the factory setting thing to so if it corrects itself.

---

Off to bed. Be updating tomorrow morning.

Don't have that much time tomorrow, especially afternoon and evening but I'll do my best.

Have fun everyone that will get the EP soon.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @chevronfox: Try collecting some the regular way to see if it's solved

@kezza11178: Is this an existing game ? If so, see if you have the same issue with a new one. If yes, try the factory setting thing to so if it corrects itself.

---

Off to bed. Be updating tomorrow morning.

Don't have that much time tomorrow, especially afternoon and evening but I'll do my best.

Have fun everyone that will get the EP soon.

ok i will try that tomorrow im off to bed too,thank you :D
    night night
  • KaikazePandaKaikazePanda Posts: 29 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@KaikazePanda, BernardD: Are you sure you don't have a nomosaic hack hiding somewhere ? Is it a matter of not seeing the ghost or does it not spawn ?

I can see other ghosts. Like at the cemetery and what not.
    They just won't spawn after I detect them at the job site.
  • DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 1,339
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Daijahv: Could have been another mod. So it's fixed?
    I think it was related to the noMem mod by Velocity though it wasn't in the mods folder at the time of the errors. But going by your suggesting checked for an update of that and placed it in the mods folder and all was fine. Yes it's fixed :) thanks again!
  • samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited September 2012
    another bug: Sims reset themselves when trying to shop for groceries all supermarket rabitholes. Mods i'm using are twallan's master controller story progression, error trap, overwatch
  • scarletkeyscarletkey Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    i'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, i've checked over the first page.

my fairy wings will not show up in game or in CaS. i can select any type of wings for my sim, but nothing shows up. is anyone else having this problem? all of my mods are updated, i have supernatural installed, and i even cleared out my caches. i own all EPs; the wings will not show up on cc-free sims nor sims with cc.
    edited September 2012
    @KaikazePanda: I'm going to be adding that in just a while

@samsonkflai: That's an issue in overwatch. Twallan has fixed it, update to V70 or higher

@scarletkey: I would suggest trying this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

Make sure to backup the folder in Downloads
    AHQ Tutorial

• simwilleysimwilley Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    When I launch the Sims 3 Supernatural I receive the error: no disc inserted. please insert the original "sims3 EP07 Supernatur" CD/DVD. I have disabled the user account controls in Windows 7 and rebooted my computer. I have deleted the installation files, uninstalled the game, redownloaded and reinstalled the game. I have, also, retried deleting the installation files, exiting origin, uninstalling the game, uninstalling origin, rebooting the computer, reinstalling origin, redownloading and reinstalling the game. I am still experiencing the error.
  • KanstaliKanstali Posts: 25
    edited September 2012
    I went to save and quit then my game froze, TWICE. Really annoying and its never done this before.
    I'm running the newest patch, all stuff packs and expansion packs, no custom content except store content. Windows 7 professional, with more than acceptable stats on my computer. I would take a screenshot but its just black.
  • jevsasukejevsasuke Posts: 88
    edited September 2012
    My Very First Fairy :D

192967_10151213330759602_913949399_o.jpg
    edited September 2012
    @simwilley: On the digital download ? Do you have any cd emulation software on your computer ? If not, you'll be better of posting in the technical part of this forum.

@Kanstali: Save first, then quit. Probably has to do with an overload on the servers.

@jevsasuke: Is there anything wrong with it or did you put this in the wrong thread ?

AHQ Tutorial

• JuLiia3JuLiia3 Posts: 10,621 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @JuLiia3: Did you also remove all skins you have and delete the cache files ?

Deleted the cache files but I didn't remove the files from the skins and started playing without 'em. Maybe I should try that.
    Giving an answer as soon as possible.
  • iBreMeiBreMe Posts: 401 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having an issue in game that if I go into options when I come out of options my game crashes. Can you help me?
  • GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited September 2012
    My game isn't spawning zombies, and all my ghosts are just standing around, not moving. All I have is Twallan's mods, and toddler interactions mod(updated).
    edited September 2012
    @JuLiia3: Try renaming the sims3 folder (factory reset linked in the first page)

@iBreMe: Crashes go in the tech forum. You can also try the factory reset linked on the first page and read the linked threads on crashing. If nothing helps, please post in the technical forum

@GeekyAngelGirl: Remove all mods and try without them.

--

Please read the first page and answer my questions. This was going so well the past few days, I would appreciate it if we could keep this up.

I have to leave now. Be back later tonight. Have a busy RL evening.
    AHQ Tutorial

• JuLiia3JuLiia3 Posts: 10,621 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @JuLiia3: Try renaming the sims3 folder (factory reset linked in the first page)

I don't get it. Shall I rename the folder in my library?
    Found the linking "reset" but it's only for resetting a Sim. Sorry... My English isn't the best. If there's a link which shows me what to do please give me the exact link(s). Your posts on the first page are very long and I didn't found anything that matches with my "problem" -> where is shown which folder I have to rename.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top