Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    dhubhduir wrote:
    It is working now. I was using Chrome on Vista and also tried it using Safari on my iPad. Both are working now. Thanks!

Thank YOU for alerting me :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    Ignore.

DP
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• mona1996mona1996 Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi Crin! I never had any problems with patches, this is the first time, but i need to fix it somehow :)
    I have problems with the Player Wall, Profile, Achievements, Friends, News and Gifts. They are all loading, but nothing happen, just the little loading cursor. I wait now like 20 minutes, but nothing happened.
    + in the new Collection Journal the "plants" part is missing.

Because my english is terrible, some pictures:

QE9HXktvAwMAUApLGAVQ
    Player wall.
    QE9HXktvAwMAUApLQAVQ
    Collection Journal.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Pose player, poses and no intro mod. But i deleted them this time.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods. I don't use these mods. If i need them i always delete them if i do what i wanted with them.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I just use poses :)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? The pose player is always compatible with the game, i think and the no intro mod too.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? just the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.38
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones? I play the existing one.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA - Sunlit Tides
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

Sorry for this, and thank you for helping me!
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello

Sorry another update: It actually hasn't corrected. Had the sim sit at the computer to chat. She was able to chat but when I switched her to Writing, sure enough she teleported away. Checking to see if I have the Gardening Issue.
    So has anyone else have the issue with using the Writing Skill or has it only been for most the Garden Skill issue?

Thanks for collecting all the info so that the EA team can correct these issues :P I hope. I really like some of the things added to the game, just not the bugs. So I would like to keep this patch and not have to downgrade.

Charicharn

edited September 2012
    @all with gardening issue: Thanks for the reports. All have been added to the first page. Don't see a pattern yet. Need to try myself as soon as my computer decides to play nice with me again.

@Msrednotdead: Well, don't know what to say. I'll keep you in the back of my mind (where you always are anyways)

@Charicharn: Added. You're doing very well :) Haven't seen anyone else post about writing. You may want to try the factory reset thing on the front page.

@GabbyGirlJ: Added

@mona1996: That is probably just a server issue with everyone downloading the patch and trying out the gifting system. Nothing we can do about it but wait until it dies down.

Added the journal problem but you need to take all mods out. Nothing is guaranteed to work.
    AHQ Tutorial

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @GreenCats: Could you post your specs as well ? First thing to try would be the factory reset thing described on the first page.

Sure!

Intel Core 2 Solo @ 1.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    32-Bit OS
    Intel Chipset graphics card

So, yeh, I blame my computer :oops:. Thought it was worth reporting though, since my game was running fine for building before the patch.

Thanks for the factory reset tip. Would be good if that saved me having to resinstall, especially since I think I deleted the installer so would have to re-download. Will try next I get some time :-)

Answers to the rest of the 2nd set of questions:
    - I own all the EPs, but currently have installed WA, Amb, LN, and Gen.
    - I think the only premium content I have is the massage chair and the sauna.

Yeah, the 1.4GHz is not good enough. Each patch adds stuff so even if you don't install EPs, you reach the point where you can't play even the base game if you are below specs.

Ah, fair enough, I didn't factor in all the new content the patch added. D'oh! That explains the performance drop. Thank you. I think I'll just go ahead and reinstall, and probably leave out a couple of EPs when I do. If, as you suggest, even the base game is a problem with the new patch, I guess I'll just take a break until I can afford a less awful pc! Xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2012
    Skimming the code it seems that the Mycelium Plant Growth State was added for Mushrooms. When you move from Planted to this stage (which is second in line), there is a check if the plant is a mushroom and if not it just skips over this stage. However, this check is only enabled for EP7, so if you don't have Supernatural it will simply assign the Mycelium Growth State after the Planted one.

I'm not entirely sure if/how this causes the actions to be thrown out of queue, but this explains the wrong Mycelium state of plants and since it's a combination that shouldn't happen (Mycelium on a non-mushroom), it might cause follow-up errors. I'll see if I can actually reproduce the kicking out of queue and if it only happens if there is a Mycelium state plant (for me, I could harvest two in a row in my garden where I had manually moved from the Mycelium state to the next).
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Pulversoppa: Could you check if you have the same issue on a new game.

Apparently not. Sorry to bother. =) Though that thing someone said about plants popping up in "mycelium" or something happened here too, but I've been able to tend them so far without issues. Harvesting is yet to come.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • druttilurdruttilur Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have the gardening bug as well, and my gardener (lvl 4) is also showing a blank plant section in the collection journal. Worth to note is that her hubby´s plant page in the journal looks like it should. He has never done any gardening in his sim-life and has no produce in his inventory.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? A few cc patterns I forgot to remove. No mods.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? n/a

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never had any mods on this computer.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a

5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? the patch

7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? playing an existing one.

8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Lunar Lakes

9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    - Spoiled food in the refrigerator is no longer marked as "spoiled." There is no option to clean out bad food. If a sim takes a plate of the bad food from the fridge they continue to eat it until they've finished the whole plate and grown sick from it, or until the player cancels the action.

So far, I've only tried one household and this was the issue. I will try another one later today.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I've never used any.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 14.0.48.018001 (I got patch 1.38 last night.)
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? This is my existing game.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA. Sunlit Tides.
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Mac.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. :-)

Hi, just wanted to post a quick update on this issue. I've been doing some testing and what I found was that in my game only food that I had stored in the refrigerator prior to patching seemed to be affected. I switched to a different family in Hidden Springs, they had the same issue with spoiled food, etc. as the last family. As a test, I left that food in the fridge and I had them make a new plate of food. The post-patch food spoiled like usual and they were given the option to remove it. The pre-patch food, however, is still listed as "normal quality" when I open the refrigerator and hover the mouse over it, even though it's gone bad.

So, I don't know. Maybe a temporary fix to try is just removing any food that was left in the refrigerator from before the patch and see how any new food behaves?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Meganne79Meganne79 Posts: 270 Member
    edited September 2012
    Reporting both gardening (level 10 gardener) and spoiled food bugs.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Not in the install in this specific partition and workstation.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Patch
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing, trying new now.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA,ST
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7 64 bits
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for all the reports. Having a hard time with LIAM atm.

I'll be checking back later.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited September 2012
    I saw someone make a topic about this in the Technical forum last night but I was unable to find it this morning and I figured it should be posted here anyway.
    I'm having a problem with the new Collection Journal. The fish tab is not working correctly. Instead of displaying fish, it displays the content of whatever the last tab I was on. So for example, if I'm in the Plants tab and I click on the Fish tab, Plants will still be displayed.

Its definitely not a gamebreaking mod but I felt like I should post anyway.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Yes, I use Twallan's mods as well as VelocityGrass's Any Lot Size and No Memories mod
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I took them out when I patched.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? The only mods I have put back are mods that Twallan has updated (Overwatch, Register, Traveler) and VelocityGrass has updated both mods that I am using so those are back in as well.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch-- I will install Supernatural on Tuesday.
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? I was playing an existing game so I started a new game and the problem still occurs.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? The existing game was in Bridgeport, the new one is in Appaloosa Plains.
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
  • kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited September 2012
    Crinrict-Thank you so much for doing this. You rock :D !

1-4: no mods or custom content installed and never had
    5 & 6: Just Patched to 1.38 (no problems noticed with that)
    7 & 8: New game(s) Appaloosa Plains & Twinbroook
    9: Win 7, 64-bit, 6 Gigs of Ram

I want to add that I have reset my game using JenieUSA's instructions (ty for those!). I have not added ANY store content or saved items back in my game except for my options file and user preset file. My game is as vanilla as I can make it.

I have the gardening bug:

This is in a new game (Twinbrook) with a new sim, and a new garden. After planting her seeds one day, on the next day the plants show up as looking like they are full grown with their state as Mycelium. My sim can only water them at this point and the tend garden order does not work past one plant. On the next sim day the plants are back to normal growing stage and tend garden works as normal. The plants mature and are able to be weeded, fertilized, and harvested just fine. I want to add that this makes perfect sense after reading velocity grass's explanation.

As far as I can tell the refrigerator is working normally and I have not attempted to have my sim learn to write. I believe that my sims new collection journal is working just fine. I will need to double check on that.

I am not having any jumping/reset bugs at this time.

Thank you again Crinrict!
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @all with gardening issue: Thanks for the reports. All have been added to the first page. Don't see a pattern yet. Need to try myself as soon as my computer decides to play nice with me again.

Okay, now the clock passed 05:00 and the mycelium plants stayed that way, none could be harvested. Though I thought I'd try what happened with a unicorn blessing a plant. The plant then shrunk into the first stage of "normal growing" and had the appropriate words that it's growing. I blessed the same plant again and it grew up to that almost full height plant. So this Might be a workaround until it's solved completely. Will come back after next dawn.

The unicorns can bless plants all the way to harvesting point, but no crops appeared in my sim's inventory when harvesting.

The sim has maxed gardening skill.

The tending does not stop after 1 plant, but proceed until all is done.

This must be the most confusing bugging ever... I went with him to a commercial lot where there are plants ready to harvest, he harvested the first, and the crops got added to his inventory, but then he didn't continue harvesting.

...now the next day a bunch of the plants at the home lot are "small" and have normal text.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2012
    I checked the writing issue and the problem is that Horror (and I assume Poetry; my sim isn't at writing level 7 yet) is available in the base game, but the data for horror and poetry are only read if Supernatural is installed, which causes the jump bug, since the game encounters an error when trying the get a fitting title from an empty list.
  • mona1996mona1996 Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited September 2012
    I saw someone make a topic about this in the Technical forum last night but I was unable to find it this morning and I figured it should be posted here anyway.
    I'm having a problem with the new Collection Journal. The fish tab is not working correctly. Instead of displaying fish, it displays the content of whatever the last tab I was on. So for example, if I'm in the Plants tab and I click on the Fish tab, Plants will still be displayed.

Its definitely not a gamebreaking mod but I felt like I should post anyway.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Yes, I use Twallan's mods as well as VelocityGrass's Any Lot Size and No Memories mod
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I took them out when I patched.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? The only mods I have put back are mods that Twallan has updated (Overwatch, Register, Traveler) and VelocityGrass has updated both mods that I am using so those are back in as well.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch-- I will install Supernatural on Tuesday.
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? I was playing an existing game so I started a new game and the problem still occurs.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? The existing game was in Bridgeport, the new one is in Appaloosa Plains.
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7

Now i have the same just with the plants.
    edited September 2012
    I checked the writing issue and the problem is that Horror (and I assume Poetry; my sim isn't at writing level 7 yet) is available in the base game, but the data for horror and poetry are only read if Supernatural is installed, which causes the jump bug, since the game encounters an error when trying the get a fitting title from an empty list.

Seems like they haven't tested the patch only at all.

Yes, poetry has the same issue (just tried)
    AHQ Tutorial

• RhenderaRhendera Posts: 51 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Well, I'll have a go here too.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    - Yes, Twallan's mods and CC from the store and TSR.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    - The answer is up there, but yes.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    - I removed my whole mods folder, which also has most of my cc since I unpack most of my sims3packs and turn them into .package files. Also Emptied my Downloads folder, DCCache and DCBackup (this did not prevent the issue - I even removed the complete 'The Sims 3' folder in my documents and made the game generate new ones - same issue)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    - I did not update my mods yet, as far as I know Twallan is still working on the updates, and I did not put them back in game yet.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?
    - Just the patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ?
    - Opened an excising one first, unplayable, started a new world, also not able to play.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    - EA Town. First (currently playing one) was Riverview, second one was Appaloosa Plains
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    - Windows 7 with a i7 2600 k - Radeon 6850 videocard 8GB 1600 RAM

Now for my actual issues :

- Can't open the options menu
    - When I load an existing game I load in but am unable to interact with the game, game won't let me open the extended part of the UI (with the mood bars) Wishes don't show up, moodlets aren't visible
    - Go into buy mode and the catalogue won't load at all, it won't even open. all I see are the icons for the different shop modes (by room, by object, fam inv. and collections)
    - build mode DOES work
    - Trying to start a new town and open an existing family ended up in just staring at the town view with no interface (and the game supposedly trying to open the family)
    - Create a Sim won't open

Basically my entire game is broken. As I said above I tried removing the complete sims 3 folder and that didn't yield any results either.
    I personally don't think there is an 'easy' fix for this :(
    edited September 2012
    Updated.

No need to report the gardening bug anymore. velocitygrass explanation works for me. We have to see what SN does with it but EA needs to fix for those who don't plan on getting the EP.

Writing Bug: Charicharn, do you have it on all genres or only drama and horror ? I just have trouble with those.

Missing collection journal stuff

Wondering if it's connected to the gardening bug for those that are missing plants.

Mods: If you have issue, take them all out, even if their updated. Updated does not mean bug free. They might still cause issues, only on a vanilla game can one be sure it's an ea bug.

@Rhendera: Don't know atm. Let me get back to you. If it was just one save game, I'd say your game corrupted but with a new one as well. Hm.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2012
    The Collection Journal issue has been fixed for me. It was a bug in Twallan's Overwatch and he has since fixed it and released a new version.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited September 2012
    Regarding the spoiled food bug - it does seem to be only existing food that is affected (well, certainly for me anyway).

I had it with the food that was in the fridge when I patched. But I cleared out the fridge and my sims made more food and the problem now seems to be resolved.
    edited September 2012
    Regarding the spoiled food bug - it does seem to be only existing food that is affected (well, certainly for me anyway).

I had it with the food that was in the fridge when I patched. But I cleared out the fridge and my sims made more food and the problem now seems to be resolved.

I'm pretty sure I've had that problem with a previous patch, and it was only existing food that was affected then as well. I definitely wouldnt worry about it.
  • CAELUM74CAELUM74 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2012

I had the same thing but once I cleared out the existing food, all seems well.
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello

More on the writing bug...now I know why I thought it was fixed. She can write several of the genres except as far as I can tell trouble with poetry(it seems to have changed names as it was something like poetry drama earlier) and I don't see Horror. My sim should have all available genres in the Writing skill as she is level 10. So it appears my sim can write several of the genre only effected a couple areas that causes the sim to jump. Hope this info helps.

My sims also seems effected by the Plant Collection missing tab. I have the tab but nothing in it or it will show up as the previous tab. (if that makes sense)

Still working to see if the Gardening bug is effecting my game. Sim is level 10. Growing grapes from scratch. Waiting to see what happens.

charicharn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top