Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    I had an issue with logging into the game to try and log in, and even inside the game it wouldnt let me! Therefore I couldnt even play. When I'm logged into the store it lets me play the game just fine, but not when testing this log in issue. I may try the downloads dashboard. I'll have to try and contact EA, but my account technically isn't my own, and need my friend to contact them for me.
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• Options
    AHA! It fixed itself when I cleared the cache for IE! Now I know to do that regularly! Thank you guys!

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @Tamaek, thanks for the tip. With a little practice I've gotten about 150 SP in the past 30 minutes! The boxes have stopped coming up for now, but before now those boxes would have been worthless to me.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited October 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Not to be contrary, but the install/log-in issue can't be solely due to IE because I'm on a Mac and don't have IE.

One last thought. Have you tried installing from the Downloads Dashboard within the game itself? It isn't a pretty interface, but when all else fails it's always worked for me.

Ah yeah I think it works a little different for Mac since there's a new Sims 3 version just for Mac users. But you could try the steps on this website it helps you to pretend you're using IE while using Safari. Maybe you can fix it that way. I have no idea what browser the Launcher would use on a Mac but I guess it's still worth a try.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    hello guys just back from school the set thE I ALMOST FINESHED IS 180SP SO 3 MORE GIFTS AND I CAN GET BUT REALLY THERE IS NO RESON TO GIFT ME XD ad you are not forced to gift me XD
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm finally getting closer to owning the store. Just picked up a MMAO with two exclusive tops and a door for a set I'm working on. I also barely got any big set left to get now so I just added every hairstyle that's not part of any sets to my wish list. It's suddenly 69 items long lol
    But isn't this Baker Boy hairstyle the cutest thing you've ever seen? It's soon gonna end up in my basket!

I also just discovered this registration reward free Explorer's Loot set that I've never seen before, so very happy.
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2016
    thanks you @Alitoni for the gifts i was able to get the set!
  • Options
    Thanks to people telling me from this thread, I figured I would re-iterate it now that I have experience.

My launcher often would run very very slow, downloads would be slow, and I would have to wait about 10 minutes between clicking anything besides "Play" or it would freeze up. Since clearing my Internet Explorer Cache, my launcher has run so smoothly! It doesn't lag, it let me log in with no issues, and it acts like I have just now started playing Sims! Brand New!

SO here is my plea for anyone playing through the Launcher like I do;

CLEAR YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER CACHE ON THE REGULAR. No matter what browser you normally use.

Have a great day <3

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @Loveandhate, I'm so glad things are going more smoothly. Owning the store is fun on its own, but for me it comes down to playing the game, and I hate when that doesn't work properly.

@charlotteprice, thanks for the August Mission Shirt. I will hopefully be getting Hot Summer Days free now. Not sure though. Calculation is off by one point, so I'll see on December 10th. I know that is not the lowest DD price for the set, but the lowest price shows up twice in the rotation, both in the middle of the night.

@jahnna, thanks for the Shawlarf Rhapsody. Not sure how close that puts me with Soho Men because the set is on sale and I can't tell my CYS price right now. But it puts me a step closer.

Had some successful ad farming the past 24 hours. Up about 220 points I think. Not much compared to a "good" run, but progress is progress. Would like to bank enough points to be clear through December.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Astreia wrote: »
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I hope to do some gifting because I have been saving up, but today not much time for that. It was my boyfriends birthday yesterday and his bike was stolen. Well, happy birthday... Off to get a new one today :smile:

That was unlucky, or not...! Now he can have a new bike as a birthday present! (It's better to look at it in a positive way!)

Thank you @Scotsim for gifting me my whole Top5!

That is a nice suggestion, but I bought him a present already. He found a new secondhand bike, bright pink. Don't think anyone would take that one, it is really too notable :p.

That hairstyle is adorable @Jahnna !!

And glad your problem is fixed @Loveandhate B)
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    I've been totally out of the Sims loop for several days. I was using all my free time preparing for a D&D game that I ran yesterday. Today is Football day, so we're at Chili's watching the game (our team isn't local). I'm on my phone, but had some time so I wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU to @simgeek79, @charlotteprice and @Jahnna for the gifts! I don't think I can update my wishlist just yet.
  • Options
    Everyone I gifted you are more than welcome! :D I wanted to ask if it is ok to put up more than 5 items on ones post? I always take so long to update it when my wish list is completely up to date and items just move up so I just wanted to ask first if it's ok to up more than 5 on the post?
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry I've been gone for a while. My shower was clogged and we tried everything to fix it. Finally did. *whew* My furnace isn't working and I'm waiting for the guy my landlord hired to fix that. So it gets nice and cold at night. We were going to run a game of D&D last night but my sister's health is bad so she had to cancel on us and since she is one of the three main players we didn't get to play. On top of her seizures and migraines it seems she now has a kidney stone (she has chronic kidney issues as well) yay!! It has been a long weekend...

@JoeJude16 glad I could help!

@Loveandhate glad to hear your problem has finally been solved. I agree with @JoeJude16 that playing the game is the main thing and if you can't do that then what's the point of even owning the store?

@Hoplass that is awful that his bike was stolen and on his birthday, too. :'( Good that he got a new one and I hope you're right.

@Jahnna that is a cute hairstyle. It reminds me of the those old movies. Glad that you're so close, too. I'm really excited!!

@Opicana Yay a fellow D&D player!! What edition and setting do you play if you don't mind me being nosy?

@Xanthina thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try it out!

Thank you for the gifts @Scotsim and DD lurker @rnramey! ^_^ They are most helpful!
    I've updated my wishlist and Top Five!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    So, just finished my new signature graphic showing all the EPs, SPs and worlds. Made a point of leaving shadows for the three I don't have. Katy Perry (don't feel any need for it, other than that whole "have everything" urge) and the two worlds I have left, Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms. Had a bit of a chuckle imagining a similar graphic for the store content.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So, just finished my new signature graphic showing all the EPs, SPs and worlds. Made a point of leaving shadows for the three I don't have. Katy Perry (don't feel any need for it, other than that whole "have everything" urge) and the two worlds I have left, Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms. Had a bit of a chuckle imagining a similar graphic for the store content.

Even that "have everything" urge doesn't work for me with the Katy Perry Pack. The most useless ep/staff pack I've ever seen in my gaming history. Pointless, ugly, associated with a star to make money. Please watch the following video from the time stamp I set (10:42): LGR - The Best (and Worst) Sims 3 Packs. Or even better: LGR - The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Review, this one is actually really hilarious. "Installed the pack, started up and your eyes are molested!" I crylaugh every time. All the feelings!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @Janna I love LGR. Between his sense of humor and his sexy as hell voice I find myself watching some of his videos more than once. And, yes, his opinion of the pack resonates, although I still feel the need to defend it on one level. There are some players who like cute and pink and fluffy and may want to do Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And I might actually want to use a couple pieces in a playground/park with a circus theme, so.....
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Tamaek wrote: »
    @Opicana Yay a fellow D&D player!! What edition and setting do you play if you don't mind me being nosy?

We currently play Pathfinder. I've been playing since I was in 4th grade, and DMing since I was in 6th (I'm in my 30s now!), so I've played quite a bit. I've played all editions, and DM'd everything but 5th. I like complicated rules and a variety of supplements, so my favorites are 3.5 and Pathfinder. My favorite pre-made setting is Eberron. My last campaign (lasted about 40 sessions) was in Kalamar. I just started a new game with new people (we moved to a different state), and we are playing in a world of my own design (but I'm encouraging the players to help create it). It is called The Rebuild, and it's post-apocalyptic, but like 30 years after the event....so it's more optimistic/rebuilding-the-world/kingdom-building. I'm a story-teller, so it's very plot-centered, story-focused, with lots of puzzles, ethical dilemmas, skill challenges, etc... I encourage my players to contribute to the story heavily. Do you currently play a game? Favorite edition/setting? :)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @Janna I love LGR. Between his sense of humor and his sexy as plum voice I find myself watching some of his videos more than once. And, yes, his opinion of the pack resonates, although I still feel the need to defend it on one level. There are some players who like cute and pink and fluffy and may want to do Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And I might actually want to use a couple pieces in a playground/park with a circus theme, so.....

Of course but the portion of those people is extremely tiny compared to how many people play the Sims 3. It was just wasted time and money for the development of such a stuff pack for such an extreme minority. And then the price. It's just a joke, left, right an centre. They could have used that time and money to create a stuff pack which would suited majority of Sims 3 players. But yeah. Of course everybody plays differently.

And I almost forgot! Many thanks to @TnT_Terry for my three hairstyles. You're messages were so lovely! I can't wait to get a little boy in one of my families and put this cute Baker hairstyle on!
    And also thanks to you @Tamaek! Don't worry about something little. Ever little helps! I appreciate every gift and will make sure to gift something nice back in return soon since I seem to have a lot more luck with simpoints than most of you guys here. Currently I'm saving a little bit again to be able to afford the Gothique Library. :cookie:
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I found KPST to really add to my game lol @JoeJude16 and @Jahnna. I'm far from a girly girl and I'm in my twenties ;)

I like it because it adds to nice things for kids :) it does indeed have horrible pieces at well, but I find myself using stuff of it in many different kind of buildings and parks indeed. To me movie stuff and 70's, 80's, 90's stuff add less to it. They looked better than they were eventually.

At first I got it to complete it all, but I was actually positively surprised by it!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    I found KPST to really add to my game lol @JoeJude16 and @Jahnna. I'm far from a girly girl and I'm in my twenties ;)

I like it because it adds to nice things for kids :) it does indeed have horrible pieces at well, but I find myself using stuff of it in many different kind of buildings and parks indeed. To me movie stuff and 70's, 80's, 90's stuff add less to it. They looked better than they were eventually.

At first I got it to complete it all, but I was actually positively surprised by it!

Might be, but I still wouldn't even be willing to pay $5 for it haha
  • Options
    Opicana wrote: »
    Do you currently play a game? Favorite edition/setting? :)

Yep. Too many things actually. My husband and I run 3.5 which is our favorite (and when just the two of us play on occasion we play Pathfinder because the rest of the group won't change to anything new and cool >.<). So we compromised, we stole several rules from Pathfinder and applied them to 3.5 like the multiclass rules and kingdom building rules and a few others. We play in Forgotten Realms mostly although we do have some Eberron games as well. I've been playing since I was 15 and I'm also in my 30's now, my hubby started back in first edition when he was a little kid on the bus and has played everything up to Pathfinder. We looked into 4th and 5th and just don't like them. We feel like they sort of dumbed down the rules and we also like complexity and most important variety. It feels like in 4th and 5th that if you have three people with the same class they are all the same but in 3.5 and Pathfinder three people playing the same class can be completely different characters with completely different abilities and that's not even considering prestige classes. We run in the same world and events in his campaigns effect mine and vise-versa which makes things harder but also more fun. We are also very story-centric and plot is everything in our games. We are the sort of players that have our characters get married/separated/divorced/re-married and have kids and fears and rivals and ambitions and hopes and dreams and all that complex layered junk that makes you love movies and books. ^_^
    When not playing D&D we also play the World of Darkness (it is sort of an amalgam that my sister cooked up that uses Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mage: The Ascension among others back before they nuked the world and created the official World of Darkness brand). It is dark but also very plot heavy. Another big game we play is Shadowrun 3rd edition but I'm transitioning slowly into 4th-ish as they advance the clock in the world. Those are the big three games we play. Although we've tried lots of stuff like Star Wars, Big Eyes Small Mouth, Mutants and Masterminds, Scion, Cyberpunk (that was funny, "portable fax machines are the mail of the future" hahahaha, you should just check out that game just to see some of the "futuristic" stuff in it :D ).

@Jahnna I kind of agree with you about KPST pack, I really don't want it either. It just seems so silly to me, I mean I could use some of it but for the most part I just really think it is too much fluffy pink silliness.

@JoeJude16 your sig is neat. I like it.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    All this D&D talk gets my kinda excited. I don't play it myself but besides pen&paper games are there any actual gamers around here? Like with an account on Steam or something playing bigger games like Skyrim, GTA5, Dead Island, etc. or even stuff like Hidden Objects games? :smiley:
  • Options
    Jahnna wrote: »
    All this D&D talk gets my kinda excited. I don't play it myself but besides pen&paper games are there any actual gamers around here? Like with an account on Steam or something playing bigger games like Skyrim, GTA5, Dead Island, etc. or even stuff like Hidden Objects games? :smiley:

I play lots of indie games on Steam, plus some biggies like Civilization, Skyrim and Dragon Age. I love point n click adventures but dislike hidden object. I also play lots of board games.
  • Options
    Opicana wrote: »
    Jahnna wrote: »

I play lots of indie games on Steam, plus some biggies like Civilization, Skyrim and Dragon Age. I love point n click adventures but dislike hidden object. I also play lots of board games.

I have Civ5 but not played in ages, I played the life out of Skyrim and got all achievements haha. I have a few point and click adventures but Im kinda new to that genre I love Hidden Objects games though. If anybody wants to become friends on steam I got the link to my profile in my signature. You can never have enough friends around :D
  • Options
    @Jahnna and @Opicana I am also a gamer girl! ^_^ I love Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls (like all of them back to Daggerfall, couldn't get into Arena), Fallout (all of them but Tactics), The Witcher Series (also the books). I love point and click games but I also dislike Hidden Object games and I like to teach my dad how to play those. He was born without fingers on his right hand so he can't play a lot of games because they require two hands. But I taught him how to play The Sims 3 and Still Life (he loves that CSI stuff and architecture) and he really liked those. I also like board games, lots of those. Have you guys ever played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes? That actually turned out to be fun, hard but fun. I am good at giving clues and rubbish at actually disarming the bombs. I'm HALO_Project on Steam and Origin in case you wanna look me up. (Which actually has nothing to do with the game Halo, it is about an old Shadowrun game I ran called the Honed Artififial Lifeforms by Omnitech Project. It was about a quartet of Shadowrunners that were vat grown by Universal Omnitech and they wound up getting cut loose and are on the run in Seattle but they lived very sheltered lives before hitting the mean streets. It was interesting and the gang still gets together to play those characters on occasion.)