Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    It's almost 9pm and I've managed about 150sp so far today. Lots of false starts where the video player comes up, I hit play and nothing happens. Been on and off 3 times. Still early, might catch some more before it's over. As long as I'm staying ahead of my scheduled DD list I'm content, although wouldn't mind getting a real push one day that would let me buy Lunar Lakes, since I've never seen it on DD, sale or even MMAO.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you @adamzaid for my 4 gifts! :smile:
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    It's almost 9pm and I've managed about 150sp so far today. Lots of false starts where the video player comes up, I hit play and nothing happens. Been on and off 3 times. Still early, might catch some more before it's over. As long as I'm staying ahead of my scheduled DD list I'm content, although wouldn't mind getting a real push one day that would let me buy Lunar Lakes, since I've never seen it on DD, sale or even MMAO.

Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms both aren't. You gotta buy them full price.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Guys, I'm having a real issue with my launcher. I'm trying to download gifted items, and Lunar Lakes which I just bought myself, and I cant seem to get it to let me log in. It keeps asking for my log in, and im typing in the correct password, and it's just not working. Any ideas?

• Options
    @loveandhate, I haven't been able to log in on my launcher for months. What I do is just open the launcher directly, not through the Origin app, then go back to the browser and click the download button. The download usually runs from there. This is on my Mac, but figured I'd offer the suggestion since it starts with the same problem of not being able to sign in.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jahnna, actually MMAO just offered Lucky Palms Gold as part of a bundle. Not that I have the points for it tonight, but it was in there. And I think I have seen it in bundles before. Unless it just starts getting more creative the closer we get to owning the store?
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Thank you @adamzaid for my 4 gifts! :smile:

no mind @Loveandhate :)
  • Options
    @JoeJude16 that's what I usually do, but I've been opening my launcher to see that it still asks me to log in. I dont see why. D:

• Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Loveandhate I was going to suggest that you do the same thing @JoeJude16 suggested. You could try running a repair on Origin if you have the origin install of the game. Also try logging out of the sims 3 store website then launching the launcher directly and trying to log in that way (clear you browser history first also). Oddly that worked for me once, then I launched my browser and signed in there and downloaded everything directly from the site and just let the launcher install it. You could also try launching the game and signing in from the game and ticking keep me signed in or whatever. And if all that fails you could contact support (and good luck to you that is hit or miss). Hope you get it worked out soon. It's not cool to get new stuff and then not be able to use it.

@Jahnna I tried changing it to the UK and it didn't work but oddly changing it back let me get about a 150sp. I've crunched the numbers and I've gotten just enough sp to get all the venues that CYS doesn't count for and the individual items in the DD that I still need if all the sets I still need are free (which only some of them will be). *sigh*

@JoeJude16 when you get the black box with the play symbol after you already hit the play symbol click twice quickly (but not quite a double click if that makes any sense) on the play symbol and it will usually go on and give you the points for it. (If you didn't already know that. ^_^)

YAY got Dreams of India for 15sp! Thank you to everyone for helping me get it!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @Jahnna, actually MMAO just offered Lucky Palms Gold as part of a bundle. Not that I have the points for it tonight, but it was in there. And I think I have seen it in bundles before. Unless it just starts getting more creative the closer we get to owning the store?

Ah yeah I forgot MMAO can offer you anything but usually it's not a good deal. I'm gonna use MMAO at the very end when I've got nothing else left or stuff that don't come on offer otherwise or are not eligible for CYS.
    Tamaek wrote: »
    @Loveandhate I was going to suggest that you do the same thing @JoeJude16 suggested. You could try running a repair on Origin if you have the origin install of the game. Also try logging out of the sims 3 store website then launching the launcher directly and trying to log in that way (clear you browser history first also). Oddly that worked for me once, then I launched my browser and signed in there and downloaded everything directly from the site and just let the launcher install it. You could also try launching the game and signing in from the game and ticking keep me signed in or whatever. And if all that fails you could contact support (and good luck to you that is hit or miss). Hope you get it worked out soon. It's not cool to get new stuff and then not be able to use it.

@Jahnna I tried changing it to the UK and it didn't work but oddly changing it back let me get about a 150sp. I've crunched the numbers and I've gotten just enough sp to get all the venues that CYS doesn't count for and the individual items in the DD that I still need if all the sets I still need are free (which only some of them will be). *sigh*

@JoeJude16 when you get the black box with the play symbol after you already hit the play symbol click twice quickly (but not quite a double click if that makes any sense) on the play symbol and it will usually go on and give you the points for it. (If you didn't already know that. ^_^)

It's a shame that it hasn't worked for all you guys! I'm hoping to find a helpful solution sometime. All I can suggest to you guys is keep trying different browsers. Whenever I've been getting simpoints days or weeks in a row it slows down drastically but once I let it rest for quite some time, all of a sudden I can get simpoints almost non-stop.

@JoeJude16 that's what I usually do, but I've been opening my launcher to see that it still asks me to log in. I dont see why. D:

Does it not give you an error code? Does it just endlessly load or just refreshes the launcher? Maybe you just need an AdobeFlash Player update. You could also try just starting your game then logging into your account in-game and then click to open the launcher under Menu.
    ADDED: Looking at some issues online regarding this here are two more suggestions:
    1. First completely clean the internet cache and cookies of the Internet Explorer. It has to be IE because that's what the launcher uses, not what you use as your standard browser. Also update it if you don't have the latest version
    2. 2. Completely reset the Internet Explorer Browser. You can do that by following this path: Open Browser > click on little cogwheel at top right > Internet Options > Advanced > At the bottom "Reset explorer settings"
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    btw guys i have added some stuff from the november 2011 comilation to my wl i can get it now just missing a bit of stuff!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    thanks @Karnzter and @Jahnna for the GIFTS!
  • Options
    thanks @Teanias for the gifts! the compilation is now 280sp!
  • Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »

Ah yeah I forgot MMAO can offer you anything but usually it's not a good deal. I'm gonna use MMAO at the very end when I've got nothing else left or stuff that don't come on offer otherwise or are not eligible for CYS.

It's a shame that it hasn't worked for all you guys! I'm hoping to find a helpful solution sometime. All I can suggest to you guys is keep trying different browsers. Whenever I've been getting simpoints days or weeks in a row it slows down drastically but once I let it rest for quite some time, all of a sudden I can get simpoints almost non-stop.

Does it not give you an error code? Does it just endlessly load or just refreshes the launcher? Maybe you just need an AdobeFlash Player update. You could also try just starting your game then logging into your account in-game and then click to open the launcher under Menu.
    ADDED: Looking at some issues online regarding this here are two more suggestions:
    1. First completely clean the internet cache and cookies of the Internet Explorer. It has to be IE because that's what the launcher uses, not what you use as your standard browser. Also update it if you don't have the latest version
    2. 2. Completely reset the Internet Explorer Browser. You can do that by following this path: Open Browser > click on little cogwheel at top right > Internet Options > Advanced > At the bottom "Reset explorer settings"

I'm having the exact same problem, launcher keeps asking me to log in. And it never works.
  • Options
    Astreia wrote: »
    Jahnna wrote: »

I'm having the exact same problem, launcher keeps asking me to log in. And it never works.

Did you try the things I just mentioned to @Loveandhate ?
  • Options
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Wow, lot happening here! I grabbed dreams of India for 25 sp, thanks to all generous people here! What deal is everybody saving up for? I'm wating for the Go all in comp, it should be free :D

I happened to get a few sp on my tablet, to me it seems to be device specific whether ads show up or not. On my desktop I get maybe 2 ads a day, it doesn't matter which browser I use. BUT I found that ads sometimes do show up on my Android tablet using chrome. On work I have an iPad and I noticed that when I see no ads on my desktop or my tablet, ads sometimes do show on my work-iPad in safari. So sometimes I secretly watch ads at work, lol. Right now they seem to prefer my tablet again.

I hope to do some gifting because I have been saving up, but today not much time for that. It was my boyfriends birthday yesterday and his bike was stolen. Well, happy birthday... Off to get a new one today :smile:
  • Options
    mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great week! I'm currently trying to build a world in the Sims 3. It's the first time I'm trying to do that and it's really not easy!

Also, I wanted to thanks @Jahnna for the gift! I love it! :heart:
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Wow, lot happening here! I grabbed dreams of India for 25 sp, thanks to all generous people here! What deal is everybody saving up for? I'm wating for the Go all in comp, it should be free :D

I happened to get a few sp on my tablet, to me it seems to be device specific whether ads show up or not. On my desktop I get maybe 2 ads a day, it doesn't matter which browser I use. BUT I found that ads sometimes do show up on my Android tablet using chrome. On work I have an iPad and I noticed that when I see no ads on my desktop or my tablet, ads sometimes do show on my work-iPad in safari. So sometimes I secretly watch ads at work, lol. Right now they seem to prefer my tablet again.

I hope to do some gifting because I have been saving up, but today not much time for that. It was my boyfriends birthday yesterday and his bike was stolen. Well, happy birthday... Off to get a new one today :smile:

Yeah, I only get ads on my cellphone. Never on my laptop anymore.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    wow gifting galore thanks @Scotsim foer the gifts the compilation is 170sp now 3 or 4 more items and i should be good to go!
  • Options
    Hoplass wrote: »

That was unlucky, or not...! Now he can have a new bike as a birthday present! (It's better to look at it in a positive way!)

Thank you @Scotsim for gifting me my whole Top5!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

2. 2. Completely reset the Internet Explorer Browser. You can do that by following this path: Open Browser > click on little cogwheel at top right > Internet Options > Advanced > At the bottom "Reset explorer settings"[/quote] //////

EDIT: I ruined the Quote function, but here you go.

@Jahnna It doesn't give any codes, it just immediately pops up for me to log in, I enter the correct password and hit Submit, but it just keeps popping up as if my password is wrong. I use Google Chrome usually, but I still need to reset IE? That's an interesting fact I didn't know. And @Tamaek I tried logging out of the site with my launcher completely closed, logged back in and tried to download again, and that didn't work. I may try from in game.

• Options
    XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    At the risk of jinxing it... but after a week long dry spell, One With Nature is letting my farm simpoints again. I though you all might want to try, who are struggling
  • Options
    edited October 2016

EDIT: I ruined the Quote function, but here you go.

@Jahnna It doesn't give any codes, it just immediately pops up for me to log in, I enter the correct password and hit Submit, but it just keeps popping up as if my password is wrong. I use Google Chrome usually, but I still need to reset IE? That's an interesting fact I didn't know. And @Tamaek I tried logging out of the site with my launcher completely closed, logged back in and tried to download again, and that didn't work. I may try from in game.

No worries but yeah that's how it works. The launcher always runs of IE because IE is installed on every single computer. I don't know why it can't just use the persons main browser but I guess that just has something to do with scripting and what not. So definitely try log in and out on Sims 3 Store page using Internet Explorer and then see if it works, if not clear internet cache and cookies of Internet explorer, see if it works and if not only the reset of the browser could help. But after that I'm clueless.

Also thanks to @Scotsim and @Asfastr for my gifts! I will try and update my wishlist soon!
  • Options
    Not to be contrary, but the install/log-in issue can't be solely due to IE because I'm on a Mac and don't have IE.

One last thought. Have you tried installing from the Downloads Dashboard within the game itself? It isn't a pretty interface, but when all else fails it's always worked for me.
    aka Jude

My Studio