Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Options
    bird524bird524 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I just got LN and I seem to be having issues with the bookstore. Whenever I go to buy books there is nothing for me to select in the shopping list. Needless to say it's hard to learn new songs, recipes, etc if you can't get any of the books on the subjects. If anyone knows a solution I would be really grateful.
  • Options
    ageofquarrelageofquarrel Posts: 410
    edited October 2010
    Whenever I go to move in a sim and load the house, the game crashes.
  • Options
    dirtysanchez151dirtysanchez151 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I installed the patch and i started playing then a wish appeared saying my sim wanted a hot tub.....
    are there hot tubs in the patch :?:
  • Options
    Pancakes420Pancakes420 Posts: 5
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jodi22: I don't even think they have a customer support in Switzerland. I would need to call Germany and that's way to expensive. German CS sucks even more then the us one. They tell you to reinstall your computer every time you have a problem. I am actually on Win 7 but never had a problem so far (except a few common bugs). I did not try updating on my game computer at all. I have the virus warning when I click on the link on the official site with my notebook.

@sdldl: Thank you. Noone has told me so far (not reading ALL the threads. That would be too much)

@Pancakes420: Sounds suspiciously like a NoMosaic problem. There is already a new one.

@Anayama: EA Download Manager.

Thank you, this worked! I love Late Night! XD
  • Options
    NikitaRoseNikitaRose Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2010
    - I get quests to go to Doo-peas and other "original" corporations, but they are not available, and so i cannot complete quests.

Don't know if it's any help to verify having the identical issue but I've started 2 separate brand new games with new Sims created in CAS and made both pursue a career in film (acting) - and have the identical problem with both of them. This occurs whenever they are given the task to "Film" at either Doo Peas or City Hall.

Also, although this doesn't have to do with the operation of the game, my extra content from pre-ordering with DD has been "queued to download" for 9 hours now.

Nine. Hours. I've gone to dinner, went to the store, watched Glee, and still it's in a queue. This line must circle the globe several times. :lol:
  • Options
    socka19socka19 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have similar problem. My sims are in film career and sometimes, when it comes time for work, they won't go. I click the "work" button like 10 times and they won't go. I can make them do literally anything else, but not work. Again, not a permanent thing, but it happens sometimes
  • Options
    uhlissuhroseuhlissuhrose Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2010
    Edit///

Nevermind....turns out my video card had a new driver out. Fixed all my issues.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    k0ac2.gif
  • Options
    Bth64Bth64 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited October 2010
    i installed the patch and i dont have LN yet it should be here on friday but i can use CAS fine the issue is when i enter a lot the game just crashes :twisted: its not a DEP issue as i allowed them to play i added them to the list. there is no warning and i cant actually play i was told to reinstall everything and update them as i went the patch installed again instantly with Ambitions and now i have to wait 2 days and hope that it fixes it if not i dont see how i can wait for up to a month for the next patch to fix this one. any advice would be great :D
  • Options
    AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited October 2010
    I have some bugs. Randomly one of their meters will go the whole way down. Like for example my fun when from full to red in a split second. Also a main one that is making me angry; I married two sims and moved them in together. It COMPLETELY took away their relationship and listed them as friends but with the same last name, and they are living together. Another one now is the sim I married can't go to work. I click on it and it just disappears.
  • Options
    igorsimsigorsims Posts: 12
    edited October 2010
    I'm having issues with:

- My celeb sim sometimes gets quest and the buildings are from another town, i'm not able to go to i have to pass the opportunity.

- When i go to clubs, it's always empty only mixers and bouncers (is it like that for everyone?)

• Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited October 2010
    i noticed that with this patch has some glitches with the inventory. if i try to click and drag anything into a trash can or recycle bin the hand stays in that mode and i can't click anything! also when this happens the time controls no loner work by pressing 1-4 on the keyboard. also my sim can't do anything and it causes the same problem for everyone living on the same lot. resetsim cheat kinda fixes it... that and shift-click delete then forcing build/buy mode by shift-clicking the gound and edit lot in build/buy mode. also my sim can't go to work. applies to both regular jobs and professions. he'll barely be on the job and all of a sudden he's back home. also if idle my sim keeps getting books out of his inventory to read, even on my home lot. he's not a genius nor is he a book worm. if i try to drag something out of my inventory it will mess up and i have to shift-click delete the item and use the resetsim cheat the same way i explained earlier. leftovers and other food can not be dragged into the fridge anymore.

anyone else have issues with this patch? and does anyone with Late Night have these issues too?
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited October 2010
    bump... sorry but i had to.
  • Options
    chr1ssymuahchr1ssymuah Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2010
    socka19 wrote:
    I have similar problem. My sims are in film career and sometimes, when it comes time for work, they won't go. I click the "work" button like 10 times and they won't go. I can make them do literally anything else, but not work. Again, not a permanent thing, but it happens sometimes
    I have the same problem, except my sims permanently won't go to work. And one of them can't complete an opportunity.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    @Branr: Thanks for the report

@Alliedee4: That's a file from the EADM. Reinstall that

@Starscolapse: Did you take all your cc out ? I've added your problems to the list

@bird524: Did you take all your mods out ? Sounds like one that alters the EA books file

@ageofquarrel, Bth64: There is a link in the first post to a thread with crashing problems. Please post there

@dirtysanchez151: Nope. would need to EP for that. Added.

@socka19: All mods out ?

@uhlissuhrose: Good for you

@AmberNicole1989: Also question to you: All mods out ? I've added your problems

@Bafendo: The Hand thing is an old bug. Good to know that they did not fix that. All mods out ?

@chr1ssymuah: Same questions: Mods out ?

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited October 2010
    empty clubs even when said clubs are "hot" :?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've added some bugs from this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/282937.page

I guess, it would be better to stick to one thread, if possible.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Please report all bugs here. I try to keep my first post uptodate.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited October 2010
    Like others have said, my clubs are empty. When I played the first time, there were more than 2 sims at the club I was at. Now, even at hotspots...nothing, Just bouncers and bartenders.

My game seems to crash when I try to take up the stage tool in one of my custome clubs

I can't seem to place down any of the LN lots anywhere, I tried SV but got nothing (even with open space) and I can't place my bonus clubs. Any lots prior to Late Night are still placeable.

In my custom club, strobe lights are on but have no effect. Other lights (gobo, blacklights, FX machine) work fine.

This is what I have so far. I do have some CC in my game (no hacks/mods). None of these things are stunting my gameplay but they are pretty annoying.
  • Options
    IccarusIccarus Posts: 286 New Member
    edited October 2010
    When I try to moonlight as a mixologist, my sim just stands behind the bar ready to serve. People come and sit at the bar but there are no interactions occurring. The customers keep trying to order, but my sim just stands there.

Another one is my sim spontaneously decided to skinny dip in a hot tub at a club and then the club closed... my sim was stuck in the tub until the club reopened.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @PsychYourMind08: Did you check the various crash threads (namly the second one I posted in the first post) ? I will add the not being able to place lots to the post. What are the symptoms to that ? Does it crash or can't you place at all or does it just not save ?

@Iccarus: Do you have any mods ? Will add yours to the list as well.

As for the no people at the club thing:

- What are your specs ? (just graphic card, CPU, RAM and OS will do, please NO Dxdiag)
    - Do you have SP on or off ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @PsychYourMind08: Did you check the various crash threads (namly the second one I posted in the first post) ? I will add the not being able to place lots to the post. What are the symptoms to that ? Does it crash or can't you place at all or does it just not save ?

@Iccarus: Do you have any mods ? Will add yours to the list as well.

As for the no people at the club thing:

- What are your specs ? (just graphic card, CPU, RAM and OS will do, please NO Dxdiag)
    - Do you have SP on or off ?

I'll check out the crash thread and see if that works when I get home later tonight.

As for not being able to place lots, nothing really happens at all. I'll place down a huge lot size in the world edit tool (biggest size) and when I click on a club to put down, even a small one, no map tags show up and I can't place it down, almost like it is too big for any of the lot sizes or something (even when it is not) I just though I had no room in Bridgeport so I tried Sunset Valley, and even with enough space and huge lots (placed in various places) there were still no options as to where to put my clubs. I then tried a consignment store of the same size, and available lots appeared.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Did you check if they are the right type ? The new lot you place with the tool ? I tried that once with a laundromat and it wouldn't place until I changed the lot accordingly.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2010
    Only have patch still waiting for EP to come

1] When inviting a sim over via the friend icons bottom right they come over and are immediately in a group . They then immediately leave before you can invite them in saying the group was a load of rubbish
    2]Washing machines randomly become unuseable and have to be sold and replaced.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited October 2010
    after installing LN, when my sims wear the 'flute forward' dress from the store, one of their legs disappears
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2010
    after installing LN, when my sims wear the 'flute forward' dress from the store, one of their legs disappears

:lol::lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top