Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    Uh, you guys were busy while I was on the play ground with my daughter. I will try to answer everyone and I'll add all the new stuff to the first two post.

Could I please ask to report any crashing, sound or launcher problems in the technical section. I'm not very good at those and there are experts on these over there. I like to keep these mainly to gameplay bugs

@Jodi22: That's something that has been on and off with the patches. With one patch they advance, with the next they don't. SP not working properly, I guess. Do they drop in their career at all and are you sure the go to work properly ?

@simsAsyraf: You don't need to read the whole thing. Stick to the first two post on this thread. Thanks for the report. Will add that.

@Golden77523: Yes, there have been several reports about buggy Butlers. Some have none at all, some have 50 and more. For some they won't show after awhile as well. Will add that as a common bug to the first page

@Blingjohnny, Ozzie1985, cherid87120: The Launcher thing is probably a problem with the Download Manager. Try reinstalling. If you still have problems, you should post in the technical section of this forum

@Sgizzle09: Thank you for the detailed report. There are quite a few bugs that are caused by mods as stated in the first post. If you don't have the mods, you won't have the issue :)
    The car problem was reported before this page, so that something, they did not fix. Will add the rest of your issues. As for the sound troubles, please post in the technical sections.

@ringothebulldog: Will add the doctor issue. The other one has been reported by various simmers and should be on the list. Thanks for reporting that you have it as well, though

@Jenieusa: For me the repairman was never able to repair that stuff. He just came to my house and stood there for eternity (unless I dismissed him). I do think they repaired the stuff, if they had something else to repair, so I'm guessing this is a bug that was fixed (repairman should not be able to fix those).

@AzaraRumohra: Just copy your entire folder in documents/Electronic Arts/thesims3 and copy that. It's less work then copying every single folder. If you have a space problem on your hard drive, let me know, I'll explain what folders do what

@seraph85: Do you have any mods in ? Will add to the list

@AcUnleashed: No idea. Don't have the EP yet. Maybe ask in another thread

***77: The opportunity thing was reported by many people. It's already on the list. Thanks for reporting that you have it too. Seems a common bug. Will add the rest.

@Kovee: You mean WA quests or opportunities ?

@manwitch: That made me laugh. Will add

@Starscolapse: Thanks for reporting that. Did not find a solution to the opportunity bug.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    nnvp1nnvp1 Posts: 23
    edited October 2010
    hi! so my sim was at a sports bar, and is stuck there. when the club shuts down, and he is forced to get out, the elevator never comes, which leaves him and several other sims stranded. whenever he clicks on the elevator and performs an action, it just never happens and it eventually gets cancelled.

how do i get my sim to leave this bar before he dies?
  • Options
    bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    edited October 2010
    I don't know if these are bugs or not...

I created my own dance club and tried to put the pool on the top floor, but I couldn't. It kept saying the terrain was not level, so I put it on the bottom floor.

I also tried to put a platform (as a stage) on the 2nd floor, but again like the pool, it said the terrain wasn't level so I just didn't create it.

I thought we were suppose to be able to put pools on any floor we wanted and I thought the platform was suppose to be like a stage. Little disappointed, but will make due until it's fixed.

I also have the launcher problem. It didn't start until I installed LN.

Also, I keep reading about patches, but my game says it's up to date. It did do a manual update before installing LN, is that the patch?

OT a little...I hate this forum. I can't even see what I'm typing because the page won't go all the way down when I type. It jumps around. GRRRR
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @nnvp1: Try resetting your sim with the cheat resetsim lastname firstname (name of the sim). That should put him back on his home lot. I will move that issue to the first post

@bngbedard: Did not get much reading done yet but I thought that was possible ? I would suggest either searching for this problem or make your own thread. Maybe someone know how to do that.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Tomboy2uTomboy2u Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Bought and installed LN, I have all of the expansions. Had to update prior to the installation. Didn't work the first time. Seemed to screw up my game launcher. After the second attemp, the installation worked. Got into town and whatever sim I was controlling lost it's ability to interact with any other sim or on itself (use phone, go to art gallery...etc.) Loaded one of my other towns and had the same problem there. (of course I disabled all custome content). Uninstalled LN and re-ran the program from Fast Lane and all 'normal interactions' were back up and running. Repeated the new installation, this time, there seemed to be a normal 'update' downloaded, to 6. something, but again, no interactions available for the controlled sim. I've tried different game play 'options' but no matter, the sim itself is unable to activate an interaction with another sim. It will 'go to locations and interact with objects, but is totally autonomus.

I've uninstalled back to Fast Lane and am running the 5.2.4.009001 update, the launcher says 'no new updates' are available, my game is up to date. Seems to be working okay again. Don't have time to run it all through it's paces. Don't know what to do at this point to use Late Night.... Help!

thank you ....tomboy
  • Options
    soccerkeepersoccerkeeper Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I had a couple glitches I noticed. The worst one was my Sim, who is in the Film Career, missed her carpool one day and then it wouldn't let her go to work. I kept trying to click 'Go to Work' and the work square would appear in the corner for half a second and then disappear. Her work performance was decreasing and it said 'Missing Work', so I had to make her take the day off.

Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes the Sims will stand in the same place as another Sim, and then start spinning around before finally moving into normal positions.

I've had problems with maids and Butlers as well. The maid will come upstairs to my apartment, take $125 from, then leave. She says she's all done but when I come back, all the mess I left behind is still there. My Butler disappeared too after a day, and he was friends with my Sim. He never said he was leaving either, and his bed was still there, but he never came back and the phone said I could hire a new Butler...
  • Options
    AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @AmberNicole1989: Also question to you: All mods out ? I've added your problems

No, I have the Mastercontroller still. I can't give it up even though it doesn't work completely right, I use it to edit sims in CAS. Although now that I edited one of them I'm going to take it out and see if it changes anything.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    ANOTHER BUG ALERT!

Vampires can go out the in Sun most of the time and not get a negative moodlet!

**Sorry if this has been posted, i'm too lazy to go through every single post :D**

From what I understand this is not a bug and that vampires can go out in daylight

They can, but daylight will bring upon a negative moodlet and they will start smoking up. It should happen every time they step into daylight but sometimes they can just roam around.

It happens after being outside for so long, Idk how long. I think they did that so they could have jobs, without having to run inside constantly.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @Tomboy2u: Any mods in ? You have to remove them and see if they are updated or if the creator says they are ok.

@soccerkeeper: Thanks. All has been reported before. Will add the extra info

@AmberNicole1989: MC has already been updated. Get the new one. Let me know, if that gets rid of your issue. Any other mods ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2010
    That's my only mod. I'll go update it, thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    Also after woohooing with someone, both sims have this weird walk to them..I dont know if its supposed to happen as an added feature of late night but its friggin weird to see it..they like wallop around swinging their arms for a sim hour or so..its like their happy dance but its very strange to see them doing it..

It's the strut they do after woohooing, it's not a glitch Grant even said so in a post, he said something funny happens when they get rejected. I'm afraid though that they could get stuck like that, kind of like the running.
  • Options
    CAELUM74CAELUM74 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Mostly everything was fine while I was playing last night but I did have one bug that I haven't seen reported yet:

My sim's traits changed randomly. She had finished a gig and was talking to someone at the bar afterwards when all of a sudden she started doing one of the insane actions. She's not insane! I checked her traits and 3 out of the 5 had changed to something else. Then they went back to what I had given her. When she got back home and got into bed, they were back to the traits I didn't pick. I had to quit the game then and go to bed myself so I don't know if I'll still have that problem today or not.

The other minor things were some freezing (not much and not for very long) and some of the clubs don't have people but then other ones have a ton. It was very random. The "hot" spot had no one and the ***** tonk bar was packed.

No mods but I do have CC. I did disable the CC when I installed LN and then turned it back on after playing for a while.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited October 2010
    I haven't had any problems until now. My sims can't complete opportunities nor can my male sim go to work he's a supporting actor.

Al the mods I have is hair and a beard for males.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    First I want to say: If I suddenly stop answering this thread AND did not say, that I was going to bed or something, you can all blame LIAM for that.

@CAELUM74: Did you report that in another thread before ? I did read about this problem but maybe it was you (can't remember). I'll add it to the list

@YankeesForever: Any particular reason, why they can't complete it ?

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited October 2010
    Not sure. I clicked "Record commercial" it shows up at the top then disappears. I click the movie set for my male sim to work but it won't let him work.
  • Options
    Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict - With the job thing in my game, they do go to work, some in town who are unemployed will go get jobs on their own but none ever advance in their jobs unless I go in and play them as active household. I only have the base game in and patch 1.15.34 USA. I have not added the newest patch even though launcher wants to update. Afraid of new patch!!!
  • Options
    pandaprincess89pandaprincess89 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm having a problem I haven't seen listed yet (although I didn't read all 10 pages of this post). In CAS it won't let me change the gender of my sim. I can click either one and it just stays the same. Even if I click a premade sim, it goes back to being the opposite gender.
    I tried removing all CC, and even reinstalling all of the games, but here's where it gets weird: almost all my CC is STILL showing up in the game, so I have no idea what to do now...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm having a problem I haven't seen listed yet (although I didn't read all 10 pages of this post). In CAS it won't let me change the gender of my sim. I can click either one and it just stays the same. Even if I click a premade sim, it goes back to being the opposite gender.
    I tried removing all CC, and even reinstalling all of the games, but here's where it gets weird: almost all my CC is STILL showing up in the game, so I have no idea what to do now...

If your CC is still there you did not uninstall your game properly.

There are tacked threads in the tec forum on how to manual uninstall and patch your game when you reinstall
  • Options
    pandaprincess89pandaprincess89 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:

If your CC is still there you did not uninstall your game properly.

There are tacked threads in the tec forum on how to manual uninstall and patch your game when you reinstall

Ok thanks! I will try that!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @YankeesForever: Sounds like a variation of the Sims not going to work bug

@Jodi22: So, your bugs are not really LN bugs then ;) I never thought EA SP was working very well that's why I only play with twallans mods

@pandaprincess89: That sound like a mod a lot. Follow the instructions on the first post to remove your cc.

I'll be in the german forum for awhile.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    Also after woohooing with someone, both sims have this weird walk to them..I dont know if its supposed to happen as an added feature of late night but its friggin weird to see it..they like wallop around swinging their arms for a sim hour or so..its like their happy dance but its very strange to see them doing it..

It's the strut they do after woohooing, it's not a glitch Grant even said so in a post, he said something funny happens when they get rejected. I'm afraid though that they could get stuck like that, kind of like the running.

Thought so but it just looks funny! One thing though, my sim or the other wasnt rejected-they actually woohooed and they both were walking around like that..they both stopped eventually..
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @YankeesForever: Sounds like a variation of the Sims not going to work bug

@Jodi22: So, your bugs are not really LN bugs then ;) I never thought EA SP was working very well that's why I only play with twallans mods

@pandaprincess89: That sound like a mod a lot. Follow the instructions on the first post to remove your cc.

I'll be in the german forum for awhile.

LIAM!!!!!!!!!! DIE!!!

crinrict--At the moment they are not LN bugs unless I update to the new patch!!! Should I update and report back that I may not even be able to get in my game ???? I bet I crash to desk top immediately for now I can still get in cas. I would hate to have to delete my games again and have to reinstall!
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:

Thought so but it just looks funny! One thing though, my sim or the other wasnt rejected-they actually woohooed and they both were walking around like that..they both stopped eventually..
  • Options
    QTamrintaQTamrinta Posts: 55 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have no CC in my game

One bug I have noticed while playing in the new town Bridgeport happens when my sim is presented with opportunities - if that opportunity is in a shared building eg how the city hall has the city hall, police office and military - the opportunity does not appear and therefor my sim is unable to fulfill it.

Another glitch I encountered in Bridgeport was when my Sim was working out for the first time the skill meter didn't move at all. I then had her take a class at the stadium, but she emerged mere minutes later w/o completely the class/earning her first athletic skill point and could not take the class again. Thankfully the next time she worked out her skill meter was working.

Also, just side not - Elevators are annoying - it can take my sim a freakin' hour to use it...

I also think that during build mode you should be able to set different speakers to different stations as long as they are in separate rooms.

Other than that I REALLY love this EP <3 Great work and so much fun!
  • Options
    alkbaby17alkbaby17 Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Hey The lastest bug I have is that my sims wont go to work..... it like comes to pick her up but it wont take her.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top