Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    That sucks!

My computer says it's a virus too when I want to download the newest EADM. I did not patch nor try the new EADM in my game yet but this really sucks. Are there any threads about this virus thing ?

The bubble thing seems to be related to the NoMosaicAMB Mod. Anyone that has the bug can verify that ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    That sucks!

My computer says it's a virus too when I want to download the newest EADM. I did not patch nor try the new EADM in my game yet but this really sucks. Are there any threads about this virus thing ?

The bubble thing seems to be related to the NoMosaicAMB Mod. Anyone that has the bug can verify that ?

Yes it sucks and I did not update the newest EADM or patch either. Mine saw the ambitions update as a virus. Im afraid of this new update!!if I were you the best thing is to call EA and report that your computer sees it as a virus!! They will give you a case number.

I saw someone post about it. I know widows 7 firewall does not like the EADM will wipe out your game in time. It did it to me twice! If you got windows 7 try shutting off the firewall
  • sdldlsdldl Posts: 107 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Just stopping by to confirm that the running bug has finally been fixed. :)
    edited October 2010
    sdldl wrote:
    Just stopping by to confirm that the running bug has finally been fixed. :)

WE know! LOL. and so does EA. I spoke to them this morning!
  • Pancakes420Pancakes420 Posts: 5
    edited October 2010
    Everything seems to work except the FX machine and bubble blower! It doesn't display special effects! Has anyone had a similar problem?
  • AnayamaAnayama Posts: 315 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Sorry for being dumb but what is "EADM"?
    :-P

Thanks in advance. ^^
    edited October 2010
    @Jodi22: I don't even think they have a customer support in Switzerland. I would need to call Germany and that's way to expensive. German CS sucks even more then the us one. They tell you to reinstall your computer every time you have a problem. I am actually on Win 7 but never had a problem so far (except a few common bugs). I did not try updating on my game computer at all. I have the virus warning when I click on the link on the official site with my notebook.

@sdldl: Thank you. Noone has told me so far (not reading ALL the threads. That would be too much)

@Pancakes420: Sounds suspiciously like a NoMosaic problem. There is already a new one.

@Anayama: EA Download Manager.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jodi22: I don't even think they have a customer support in Switzerland. I would need to call Germany and that's way to expensive. German CS sucks even more then the us one. They tell you to reinstall your computer every time you have a problem. I am actually on Win 7 but never had a problem so far (except a few common bugs). I did not try updating on my game computer at all. I have the virus warning when I click on the link on the official site with my notebook.

@sdldl: Thank you. Noone has told me so far (not reading ALL the threads. That would be too much)

@Pancakes420: Sounds suspiciously like a NoMosaic problem. There is already a new one.

That stinks about CS. I would email them in the USA and tell them you are getting a virus notice. And since the new updates, to be on the safe side, while playing turn off your built in windows 7 firewall. Its not like you need it! I did not even know mine was on when I first started playing. Never had a problem until the updates and boom! Wiped out my game in time. I got no notice why my game was wiped out. Started a new game. Boom wiped out this time the notice came. Widows firewall is blocking EADM.
    edited October 2010
    forum glitch double post
    edited October 2010
    What do you mean by wiped out ? Did it delete your savegames ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    What do you mean by wiped out ? Did it delete your savegames ?

I dont want to uses the word delete but yes deleted saved game. My game crashed and saved game and back up gone! Wiped out like a surfer would on a giant wave! LOL When you go to click on the icon that shows your family on the saved game, the pic of your family is no longer there just their outline but no pic of actual sims. I have seen other reports of same thing in the forum. With out a doubt mine was caused by widows firewall conflicting with the EADM. My computer told me so.

Even though I am crashing in my game right now, I have not had a game deleted since I have been shutting off the firewall so far
  • Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2010
    Ugh...Im on the verge of deleting my legacy because when I moved them from Sunset Valley to Bridgeport, none of them are related. I tried moving them twice but both times, I click on the family tree and they are not related. It's starting to iritate me. How do I move them without losing their relationship? I moved them the same way I moved my other legacy from Sunset Valley to Twinbrook over this summer and they kept their relationships. In my current legacy, none of the 3 sisters nor the brother are related, it just shows them as best friends. What should I do/can I do, to re-merge their relationship?
    edited October 2010
    You can't do much unless you want to use a mod like Twallan's porter but that is not verified working yet.
    AHQ Tutorial

• AnayamaAnayama Posts: 315 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

That stinks about CS. I would email them in the USA and tell them you are getting a virus notice. And since the new updates, to be on the safe side, while playing turn off your built in windows 7 firewall. Its not like you need it! I did not even know mine was on when I first started playing. Never had a problem until the updates and boom! Wiped out my game in time. I got no notice why my game was wiped out. Started a new game. Boom wiped out this time the notice came. Widows firewall is blocking EADM.

Is there any way to NOT update/download the new EA Download Manager then?
    Does installing EPs or SPs automatically update the EADM?
    I have Windows 7 too and it hasn't reported a "virus". But my Sims 3 computer hasn't been connected to the net for a little while.

Will I be safe from this false positive virus thing with EADM as long as I don't update EADM or install a EP/SP?
    I probably would forget to turn off my firewall, so I don't want to risk it. :-o

Sorry for all the questions.
  • keopera91keopera91 Posts: 138
    edited October 2010
    Is CC the stuff I bought from the store on this site with my SimPoints? Sorry if that's a stupid question... :oops:
    edited October 2010
    Anayama wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

Is there any way to NOT update/download the new EA Download Manager then?
    Does installing EPs or SPs automatically update the EADM?
    I have Windows 7 too and it hasn't reported a "virus". But my Sims 3 computer hasn't been connected to the net for a little while.

Will I be safe from this false positive virus thing with EADM as long as I don't update EADM or install a EP/SP?
    I probably would forget to turn off my firewall, so I don't want to risk it. :-o

Sorry for all the questions.

The EADM and the patches are 2 different things however the launcher needs the EADM to work and also Adobe Air. They all work together. You can try without updating the EADM but I dont know if your game will work properly. I can go without updating mine because I dont have any EP's installed.
    edited October 2010
    @keopera91: No it's stuff that you download from the exchange or other 3rd party sites. Store stuff should be fine (although it does have it's glitches)

@Anayama: Sorry, can't help you with that. Not my field of expertise.

@jodi: But what happens if you manually update and just use start the exe without using the launcher at all ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @keopera91: No it's stuff that you download from the exchange or other 3rd party sites. Store stuff should be fine (although it does have it's glitches)

@Anayama: Sorry, can't help you with that. Not my field of expertise.

@jodi: But what happens if you manually update and just use start the exe without using the launcher at all ?

I did manual update on a clean reinstall and it delete game. I have not tried not using the launcher to start the game to say if that would fix the firewall problem. I just turn mine on and off! After loosing 2 games to the firewall My head knows and makes sure I turn off that firewall before playing.

I need my launcher to upload to studio. I save my sims I want just in case of crash or loosing a game
    edited October 2010
    Ok guys, going to bed now (it's midnight here).

Will be answering and collecting more tomorrow.

Have fun with LN.
    AHQ Tutorial

• BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited October 2010
    Looking at your list on the first page, I can verify that excavation is STILL broken.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited October 2010
    Here's some advice to those who have MODS and CC who don't want them removed. I just installed my game but I sent the mods folder to my desktop, and installed/updated the game by clicking "run without custom content". I put my mod folder back in and unclicked run without custom content. My game is working GREAT and so far have no glitches :D
  • Alliedee4Alliedee4 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited October 2010
    "The program can't start because QtCore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Everytime I try to install the patch, that appears.
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited October 2010
    Here's some advice to those who have MODS and CC who don't want them removed. I just installed my game but I sent the mods folder to my desktop, and installed/updated the game by clicking "run without custom content". I put my mod folder back in and unclicked run without custom content. My game is working GREAT and so far have no glitches :D

Thank you!! :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • StarscolapseStarscolapse Posts: 31
    edited October 2010
    the fountian curves and pool curves are not working right. I try and place it at the edges but the curve only faces one way.. Also i cannot get my paintings tomove up and down on the wall..
  • VaelynnVaelynn Posts: 272 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Ozzie1985 wrote:
    Ugh...Im on the verge of deleting my legacy because when I moved them from Sunset Valley to Bridgeport, none of them are related. I tried moving them twice but both times, I click on the family tree and they are not related. It's starting to iritate me. How do I move them without losing their relationship? I moved them the same way I moved my other legacy from Sunset Valley to Twinbrook over this summer and they kept their relationships. In my current legacy, none of the 3 sisters nor the brother are related, it just shows them as best friends. What should I do/can I do, to re-merge their relationship?

From my own experience. Whenever I move a sim from the game to the Bin/Library and re-add them to the hood. Unless all the sims in the family tree are in the same household... then relationship is lost.

There was a post several months ago requesting EA to make Bridgeport as a sub-hood, and this was one of the reasons brought up.

The only other way to retain relationships with different households is to use twallan's Porter mod. It has allowed me to do so with 83 sims that are somewhat related to each other. http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top