The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What utter NONSENSE is this?! - New Exchange policy-

Comments

• Options
    myfirstsimsgamemyfirstsimsgame Posts: 2,479 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I wanna keep everything. Mwaaaaa! :'(
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2010
    Another thought... what about the people that don't use CC?

I know sims without CC are more likely to be featured but they also get less downloads because they look less 'fancy'. Not everybody wants to/can handle having CC in their game.

I still think this is a bad idea.

I might have to go soon because it's 2:30am. Please try to keep this thread alive. I've been around the forum long enough to know it's probably a futile effort but if this thing gets some serious traffic and enough...-

Who am I kidding? This isn't a democracy. They don't care about what we think.

Still, I'm going to be an optimist for a change and hope that this does catch their attention.

...watch me get banned for expressing my opinon ;)

(beginning to get sick of the proxy error tonight...)
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, you can rec any of my sims too, please and thanks =)
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Evergreen, Emillye, Cele. :)

@ Cele -- Thanks I checked. :]

@ Vid -- I recommended some of your creations. :)
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2010
    I wonder if I'll have to upload a 2GB Sim to avoid culling.
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited February 2010
    Please Rec my story. It's my first story series and I'm really proud of it. It doesn't have hundreds of Recs but people seem to like it. :cry:

Here's the link to the story thread lol :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/160115.page
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I rec'd some sims for you guys :D
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Emilye -- You wouldn't mind rec' my Sim Sasha? http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1859306
    If the rec' limit is 10, then she might be deleted. :(

Done and Done :mrgreen:

On my way Vidkid
    aw, thanks Em! :D Haven't talk to u awhile. i took a small forum break and come back to this. :? Its already hard upload for some people including myself, now this!
    Edit: aw thanks guys! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MandinoMandino Posts: 63
    edited February 2010
    Darkslayer wrote:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/174171.page - this is the thread that has caused my epic outrage.

Yeah, I read the sim-gurus post, but there isn't a mention there at the number of rec/downloads needed before the item would be culled. Did the thread originally have simmers asking questions etc and the guru say something more after the first post but now just has the one post there now? People are saying it is 10 recs, but the sim-gurus post is very vague, so just wondering where you guys might have seen it... Her thread is locked so we can't even ask for more info.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited February 2010
    O.O I did not realise it was that late, although I think I could go another hour.

Well it certainly seems most of us are screwed. Lets be honest, the only sims that ever get high amounts of recs/downloads are skinny, over photoshopped girls wearing revealing clothes with big breasts.

Im just annoyed with the Avatar thing D: I wouldnt be so mad if they just let us upload pictures straight from the computer instead of the stupid system in place.

But Awesome EA, Just awesome. The site already sucks and your planning on making it worse.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited February 2010
    I rec'd vidkid.

Well for now on, I am having creations on my plumbbob flashdrive. So if something gets deleted and my computer dies, I still have them to reinstall.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yup. If you make trashy/busty/🐸🐸🐸🐸/blond sims or just plain steal things you'll get to keep them.

Anyone with a bit of creativity and the original owners... forget it, you're screwed.

Edit: Wow... EA are up on British slang.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited February 2010
    I just went thru 12 pages of stuff. I think some was deleted, but it was my older stuff I never used.

The only older stuff I was worried about was my Arashi . .then again, I remembered that last night I re downloaded him. :lol:
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This is ridiculous. There's no reason why this should happen.

If they want to do this, they should only do it with sims with 0 downloads, and less than 2 recs (some people rec their own things O_o).

It's stupid though, because not many people WILL rec what they like. I haven't recommended one thing on this site since I signed up, yet I've downloaded tons. I personally find it rare to see sims with more than 10 recs, even beautiful sims.

In fact, if this does go through, only 2 of my creations will stay, regardless of the fact some of them have 350+ downloads. T______T; And what about sims with 9 recs? Are they less special because they have 1 less rec? Do they not deserve to stay because 1 person needs to rec them? Really?

Thank you so much gurus, even sims with recognition will be deleted. Opposite of what you hoped for huh?
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2010
    Well it certainly seems most of us are screwed. Lets be honest, the only sims that ever get high amounts of recs/downloads are skinny, over photoshopped girls wearing revealing clothes with big breasts.
    Yup. If you make trashy/busty/🐸🐸🐸🐸/blond sims or just plain steal things you'll get to keep them.

Anyone with a bit of creativity and the original owners... forget it, you're screwed.

Right on the money. And I know some people will feel more pressured now to create elaborate custom thumbnails for their uploads -- regular ones will be overlooked even more-so.
    Sarona wrote:
    Im just annoyed with the Avatar thing D: I wouldnt be so mad if they just let us upload pictures straight from the computer instead of the stupid system in place.

THANK YOU -- I never understood that. If they were worried about the types of images people would use, they're very thorough with the banhammer, so that shouldn't be an issue. A technical issue maybe? Even that doesn't seem to fly...
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    @Rin- Rec'd and fav'd all your simmies and your house ;)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I rec'd vidkid.

Well for now on, I am having creations on my plumbbob flashdrive. So if something gets deleted and my computer dies, I still have them to reinstall.
    thank you and yes my plumbob flashdrive will surely be used now for my simmies. i wonder if u can reupload it after they delete it. that would still get on my nerves. :?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    =( hardly any of my simmies have 10 recs. I think only 3 or 4 do =(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Unfortunately I don't think anyone actually confirmed it was 10. Judging from Hydra's post yesterday with the random giveaway I suspect it'll be more like 30...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh god. 30? Wow this is ridiculous.
    major epic infinte fail ea.
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2010
    @SC, only one of mine has over 10. :( Guess the others are on their way to the slaughterhouse...

@DS...30? Are you serious...? But like I said before, what if you have a thousand downloads and 15 rec's? Surely they'll have something in place for those scenarios -- not everyone rec's uploads. I try to, but I haven't always done it.
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm only guessing since the thread never stated how many you had to have to avoid the cull but I know Hydra was giving a prize to one random person and only items with 30+ recs were eligable.

Edit: Right it's late. I'd better go. Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited February 2010
    @Rin- Rec'd and fav'd all your simmies and your house
    Thanks. :)

I think this should turn into one giant rec'ing thread. xDD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cele- Oh, that s.ucks =( I'm copying and pasting all of my savedsims into a special sims 3 folder on my desktop so I can have them there if I want them =) I have a memory stick but I really don't want to use it to put some sims on.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2010
    i understand culling is a way to keep the exchange moving and uncluttered, but cmon 2 WEEKS?
    thats not NEARLY enough time to really get attention for creations, especially stories.

i appreciate the need to save space, but FFS, give us at LEAST a month or so before you delete our stuff out from under us