The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What utter NONSENSE is this?! - New Exchange policy-

Comments

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2010
    @Ava: Wow I feel stupid. Of course they stay, I should've remembered that.

From what I've observed STOLEN sims get more downloads/recs than the original. I can see how this is going to end up...

Once again EA/Gurus or WHOEVER thought this was a clever idea... total BS.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @iSirius: I don't know what that is ^_^; I just thought he looked cool :D
  • Options
    myfirstsimsgamemyfirstsimsgame Posts: 2,479 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Darkslayer wrote:
    @iSirius: Love your sig <3

Nah. Those stupid fight stories and click fast ones will stay because they get a lot of recs from other like-minded idiots who participate in that kind of BS.

Pretty soon the exchange will be creatively dead. Usually the true gems are hidden away under all the garbage that gets tons of recs and downloads because so-and-so knows so-and-so who knows so-and-so (Etc).

Congrats Gurus, I think you just killed the exchange. I certainly won't be posting anything but icons if this is the kind of nonsense policy they're going to employ. How many times will I have to mess around re-uploading avatars because they saw fit to delete them?

I wish the Gurus had the guts to leave a thread like that unlocked. What ever happened to freedom of speech? (I know, it doesn't exist on this forum but stick with me here) - wouldn't it make more sense to let US the gamers, the CONTRIBUTORS to the exchange, the ones that keep it thriving express our own sodding opinions?
    That's what I posted in my diary. Yeah, I agree, really pretty sims don't get enough recs.
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2010
    I guess now people will feverishly beg for rec's the way they begged for 5-star ratings on the TS2 site. Peachy.
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2010
    @CeleSeraphym
    Benes were worse, imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Exactly.

Congratulations Gurus. You just created a mass spam epidemic because people won't post their links in Creative Corner (I have my own thread for mine but I wouldn't post in CC either, hardly any traffic) they'll post them HERE.

'Please rec my latest sim'
    'Rec my sim!'
    'I just made this sim...'

...UGH it's already making my eyes bleed and I'm the one typing that.
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited February 2010
    Lol I'm gonna make a thread now for my sims
  • Options
    SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited February 2010
    You're being too generous, DS. It'd be more like;

'PLZ REC MY SIM!!11 B4 SHE GETS BALETED D:'

• Options
    edited February 2010
    ...lol

I have a thread that I re-use whenever I want to advertise but lets face it most of the people on this board aren't that considerate. They'll just keep making individual threads for their sims/stories/etc
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited February 2010
    D: Under 10 recs?!!1!! Im just worried about my Avatars, only 2 have over 10 recs :cry: I switch between them a lot because I dont upload as much any more. Well this blows.

I would much rather have a rating system than the recs...however I guess that could lead to people down-rating to do better :/

I dont believe they would do this to us...I mean this site is crappy enough and now we can even keep our uploads.

Edit- The spam is going to be horrible...soon we will be praying for the return of the modelling threads.
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I fear for my Avi :shock: She better not go! next it will be 20 recs then 30 then who knows

if any of my things petty and miniscule as they may be are deleted EA... I will find you

and I also fear that the bot will go physcho and delte things that have only been on the exchange for 10 minutes! :shock:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Most of mine don't even have 10 recs. It's so difficult to judge what people want on this site.

I mean when you think about it there are a lot of people who will have a disadvantage anyway. I live in the UK and when I upload my sims it isn't always necessary at a high traffic time, so people don't see my sim therefore it does poorly... and the UK is on average about 6 hours ahead of America? What about the others whose timezones are waaaay out.

...this is really not thought out at all but what frustrates me all the more is that I highly doubt any of the Gurus will look at this and realise how utterly stupid this policy is.

Dictatorship at it's finest.

I think I'm going to give up on the exchange. I'll see if I can get a Wordpress or something that'll let me upload my creations there. It's annoying but if they're going to do that then why should I make the effort to battle that stupid launcher just to get my sims up in the first place?
  • Options
    FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited February 2010
    It's gonna turn into a Simmie dog pound, or maybe one of those lovely charity adverts...

Please rec my Sim, he has a wife and five kids! They'll die if he doesn't get recs! I'll beat him!
    Just five recs a month could save his life...

Ack.

My recommendation would be to get a blog for advertisement and junk. It's so freeing to know you can say what you want, and you don't have to worry that the website will suddenly die in a fire.

:wink:
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited February 2010
    It does bother me thoguh when really pretty and well made sims do not get rec'd. Maybe now people will actaully start rec'ing good work!
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2010
    Nope. People will just not Rec because of the begging. I never rec beggars.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I bet a lot more people will start getting Blogs ect. to upload their stuff :/

• Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    LETS FIGHT THIS! Upload as many sims as you possibly can! Upload everything! Mass overload the system! Make them pay!

Now that my war efforts are over- Great Job Gurus. You've screwed yourselves over. Can't wait to see this turnout. Might just be worse than a patch.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Unfortunately they won't. The way the site is set up makes it difficult to get recs. You can download a sim from the preview window by clicking on it but to actually rec the sim you have to click on its title and go there to rec.

That's why downloads are always much-much higher than recs. People download but they can't be bothered to rec (or more often than not the site is just so glitchy that they can't get on the actual studio post to rec).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @zanysazy: There is a high probability that will happen. Look at their track record? The forum is still broken, I frequently can't load my studio oh... and the game is still broken. I forsee this being a complete disaster.

...I wonder what would happen if I uploaded some really freaky sims. Nothing dodgy or against site rules but... to go against this idea of 'pretty'

Would it be funny if all the surviving sims were those that pushed the sliders to the max? XD

Where's (ngh! I don't remember his name)...- when you need him? ;)
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Most people can't rec, because the Guru's once again were silly idiots, as usual, and make rec'ing ONLY for people with a registered game.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited February 2010
    SimCrazy wrote:
    It does bother me thoguh when really pretty and well made sims do not get rec'd. Maybe now people will actaully start rec'ing good work!

I doubt they will, myself.

Not a single thing in my studio has 10 recs. It bugs me that the Sims I worked so hard on (a few hours for 3/4 of them) will be culled like so much internet trash. They should just stamp "FAIL" on accounts like mine... :(

I've uploaded my last bit, I think.
  • Options
    EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited February 2010
    :shock:
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited February 2010
    And look @ this article: http://www.simprograms.com/mega-rumor-ea-to-return-to-the-simcity-franchise-with-simcity-world/#comments

Seems suspicious right? And if you scroll down, it links to a site that EA registered for. What is it? The Sims 4. It could be rumor though, but it strikes me odd that they registered a Domain for Sims 4 when Sims 3 is not even complete. The worst that can happen is EA dumping Sims 3. O_O

Edit: 4,000th post! :D
  • Options
    dolphinz2121dolphinz2121 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited February 2010
    ...OMG what?

Okay, now that is crazy. I may not have the most rec's in the world, but I'd APPRECIATE KEEPING MY CREATIONS FOR MY PERSONAL USE.

Everyone, begin rec'ing each other's creations...NOW!

*heads over to unloved member named Dolphinz21 (and yes, there is a Dolphinz21.) :mrgreen: *
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same. I have a couple of sims with high recs but most of them only have 1 or 2. I don't expect high recs on mine because mine are often sim-versions of various characters but I don't expect them to be culled either :/

Does anyone know any blogging sites that let you upload zip/rar files? I'm deadly serious when I say the only thing I will upload to this craptacular site are avatars (I need to do my Grell one tomorrow)