The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What utter NONSENSE is this?! - New Exchange policy-

Comments

• Options
    The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Glarrrg.

This is sad. What about stories in a series? Chapter 1, Chapter 2, BLANKITY, Chapter 4!

???

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2010
    ...I know this will double-post but whatever.

@Everett: This isn't a rant about recommendations though that is what you will soon see flooding this forum once this policy is put into place - mark my words. This is an irate gamer who enjoys creating sims expressing her absolute outrage at a completely stupid and unnecessary system that rewards the idiots of this site (I'm generalising - look at all those BS argument stories and the number of recs they get and tell me I'm wrong) and punishes those who actually spend time on their uploads.
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2010
    Darkslayer wrote:

...I wonder what would happen if I uploaded some really freaky sims. Nothing dodgy or against site rules but... to go against this idea of 'pretty'

Would it be funny if all the surviving sims were those that pushed the sliders to the max? XD

Where's (ngh! I don't remember his name)...- when you need him? ;)

Are you talking about Spat? :lol: He makes the coolest misfit sims...he'll be back around here soon. :mrgreen:

I wonder if people will start bribing for rec's, like giving small wishlist items in exchange for a certain number or something...? :-o
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    YES! His sims are awesome. We should get him to comission a whole army of his amazing misfits!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I know right! I wish he'd hurry and bring his behind back here...grrrr... :?

What kind of sims get downloaded the most anyway? I never really search the Exchange (just click on links in threads mostly).
    vLDcu1q.png

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Oh wow yea! I can remember him XD I love his sims, it was always good to see something different.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ...the horror! I never thought of that.

This is their plan all along. Cull 2 week old sims to cause mass panic which leads to bribery which leads to the store... that bloody store getting more revenue.

:twisted:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited February 2010
    Sorry, I was at work. What happened? Where?
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited February 2010
    I know right! I wish he'd hurry and bring his behind back here...grrrr... :?

What kind of sims get downloaded the most anyway? I never really search the Exchange (just click on links in threads mostly).

At the risk of highjacking this thread...how the heck are ya, long lost GF? And what's this all about anyway? Do you have a link to the original post/announcement of a culling policy? I'd be very interested. I'll BM this and come back later. TTFN Nice seeing you again! :wink:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited February 2010
    So are the things I make not "worthy" enough for the exchange? If I make something that no one likes then it will be deleted. No matter how long I worked on it it's nothing as long as the majority of simmers like it. So only the experienced sim creators are allowed to have their creations on here? Now I can't create anything by by story boards and exchange. :cry: :roll: :oops:
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited February 2010
    The exchange will be left with females with lots of makeup and
    Fitness = none
    Weight = boney

Weee! That'll be fun won't it?
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited February 2010
    agh, I think this is so stupid! :x I rarely get recs and half my studio would be deleted if this goes in effect. B/w I miss Spat! I haven't seen him! :( I have to go play my misfit family for his awersome thread! :P
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Great time to think of starting a Legacy- NOT. All they're doing is turning people away from the idea of uploading.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited February 2010
    Call me paranoid, but I've just started downloading all of my own Sims.

I don't know exactly what their definition of enough recs is going to be, but I'm not going to risk losing the things I've created. I don't keep everything in my game so if they get deleted I'm screwed. And what of people who have to reinstall due to patches- they'd lose everything and may not even be able to redownload their own stuff.

Gah, who cares if you haven't got a tonne of love for your uploads, they're your creations and you should be able to keep them safe for when you want to use them.

Eh, who am I kidding? Nothing is safe here- I've learnt that through what happened to my stories.

*grumble*
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    MandinoMandino Posts: 63
    edited February 2010
    I only managed to read the post on this after it was locked, so was it confirmed somewhere that the number of recs would be 10? That seems a bit harsh, especially for new items uploaded by people who like to create but don't want to spam the forums begging for recs. If the exchange is overloaded this imo is an unfair way to deal with too many items, especially if we only have 2 weeks to get enough of our quota! Newbies like me are likely to have the stuff we make (for fun in my case)removed all the time...
    *cry*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/174171.page - this is the thread that has caused my epic outrage.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cameonet wrote:
    At the risk of highjacking this thread...how the heck are ya, long lost GF? And what's this all about anyway? Do you have a link to the original post/announcement of a culling policy? I'd be very interested. I'll BM this and come back later. TTFN Nice seeing you again!

Hey hun!!! smiley-hug004.gif Where have you been?! I'm hanging in there...this forum is killing me -- how the heck are YOU??

The thread is stickied at the top of the General section. They're going to start culling here like on the TS2 site. You know how well THAT always went over...it'll be interesting, I'll give you that.

Post more, lady! :mrgreen:

@DS -- *claps* Bravo -- you stumbled upon the Secret... :twisted:
    vLDcu1q.png

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I read the policy. Which means I am saving the file of most of the stuff I made (some I don't want) and am going to save it to my Plumbob Flashdrive.

Another solution, start asking for people to rec the things you want to be kept. (My houses for one and a few of my sims)

So who wants something they want kept around rec'd?
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited February 2010
    Emilye -- You wouldn't mind rec' my Sim Sasha? http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1859306
    If the rec' limit is 10, then she might be deleted. :(
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited February 2010
    *sniff sniff* :cry:i don't want my stuff deleted! I don't upload alot and when i do its something i really like. Rec my kitty sims please and recent uploads, please. Will my avi be deleted too? :(
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited February 2010
    :roll: Oh look, It's starting already.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Anyone mind strolling through my studio and rec'ing? Please? XD

@PlayerMarko456- I rec'd her for ya ;)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Emilye -- You wouldn't mind rec' my Sim Sasha? http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1859306
    If the rec' limit is 10, then she might be deleted. :(

Done and Done :mrgreen:

On my way Vidkid
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Marko, I just rec'd Sasha too! check your mail btw She's very pretty. :P

What I'm wondering is how important the rec # is, or is there some ratio. If you have 800 downloads and only 3 rec's, is your upload safe? Not trying to sound paranoid, just curious (and yeah, I know none of us knows the answer to that for certain, but I'm wondering about it).

Really though...did anyone else see this coming? There are SO many sims & lots & stories uploaded everyday...it just seemed like at some point they were going to do this regardless because of the sheer bloat. Two weeks seems pretty harsh, though, and the whole thing just screams of frantic rec-begging.
    vLDcu1q.png

• Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited February 2010
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    So are the things I make not "worthy" enough for the exchange? If I make something that no one likes then it will be deleted. No matter how long I worked on it it's nothing as long as the majority of simmers like it. So only the experienced sim creators are allowed to have their creations on here? Now I can't create anything by by story boards and exchange. :cry: :roll: :oops:

Exactly :cry: . This is so messed up :evil: