The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"If you don't like it, don't buy it"

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Faridah wrote: »
    I would never tell somebody not to buy TS4. But I would tell him my experience.

I didn't buy the game at the start, I bought it together with GTW, so I knew there wasn't still no toddlers. BUT the missing of toddlers are for me more a symbol of missing family play now, like it was possible in the basegame of TS2 and TS3.

To complain in the forums means nothing else, that players want TS4 to work with the basegame features they are used to be in the game, like it was in TS2 and TS3. It doesn't mean, that they are not open for new things.

With a pool tool here and a dishwasher there, in the last months, EA didn't do enough. They didn't show, that they care enough and have a high priority to fix bugs, because bugs like this incest thing is still there and disturbs the gameplay.

Or mayby they do working on it ? Who knows ? EA doesn't talk to their customers at all, doesn't talk about the problems player have.

All this, I would tell somebody, who ask me about TS4. If the person still want to buy it, o.k. I don't have a problem with that. But I can't support the game at the moment anymore with buying packs or anything else. First EA needs to show me, that they changing the game from a party simulation back to the life simulation.

very well put

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Or maybe that is there way of responding to people who say things like "scrap this game/pack/EP no one wants it."

It's like .. "but I do, and no one is forcing you to buy it."
    There were a lot of comments like that with the Sims 3 too. I just know two negatives never make anything positive on forums. I mean if Simmers like the Sims 4 shouldn't they welcome new players instead of bullying whoever that doesn't agree with them off of forums which is against forum rules anyway? It's like why are some Sims 4 players so hostile? I try to welcome new Simmers and I see others actually helping Simmers when bugs appear in the game. It just would be nice to have more helpful Simmers around helping the Sims 4 out. I mean if you don't want the game scrapped then why tell others not to play it or buy it or talk about it or even help make the game playable for them? It just seems like such a waste of time and energy doing that and doesn't help the game at all.
    I guess I just don't see how reminding someone that DLC is optional, and that other people might be interested in content that you are not is considered bullying.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I guess I just don't see how reminding someone that DLC is optional, and that other people might be interested in content that you are not is considered bullying.

I agree with this.
    That word is trivialised so much around here that it has begun to lose its real meaning. Someone has a different opinion than you and voices it? Suddenly they're a "bully"
    Pointing out that you're not required to buy everything with a sims label? Someone sticks the "bully" label on you.
    From the screeching about bullying I see here and at other sites, people apparently apply the label to anything or anyone that is of a differing opinion, and it drives me batty.

When I was a kid I was very shy. Kids at school would pick on me for it. Because we all lived locally, whenever I went to the local shops, they would wait for, surround me with their bikes and jeer at me, call me names and other things. They used to do things like unscrew my bike seat when I was in the supermarket, so when you got back on the bike it would fall off causing you to fall off the bike too. They would throw things at me, trip me at school, spit on me, and generally harass me. I wasn't the only one it happened to, and I pretty much ignored it as best I could. I was a very good netball player being tall, and once my team began winning trophies for the school, it faded away and they stopped. For some kids, it doesn't stop.

That's the definition of real bullying, not some faceless person with a different opinion on a message board.
    Some people really need to grow up and learn the difference.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    I believe the team is listening and are doing what EA will allow them to do.
    I'm sorry to hear about all of your troubles in life, and I can understand and appreciate using video games as a sort of escape from that.
    However, the only way to get through to a company like this is to vote with your wallet. I know you don't want to hear that but it's true.

Not buying is always an option, but has it really come to that? I'm sort of hoping they'll finally get the message and do some of the hard work. I also know the team is working hard and there's all kinds of red tape to wade through. It's probably not one specific person's fault and I've heard things about EA as a company. Still, it's not about which gurus work the hardest: Even at the lowest level, it's still a business that should listen to it's customers, happy or unhappy. Like my Coca Cola reference: People complained, they fixed the problem. That's really all I'm asking for. At the very least better communication; which isn't asking for much.

Great original post and thread. Not buying yes it has come to that for me :'( Love the sims series but this game is not for me.
  • Options
    FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    when I read this post I really feel it.. it's that all the words, of a lot of fans want to say
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Actually now that I think about it, I see many Simmers saying not to buy the Sims 4 or the packs. So it's like why stop it? No point of preventing if Simmers don't want to promote the game. It's their choice if they want to help the Sims 4 or not. LGR's videos have been very good I admit and I'm glad he is not letting negative people get to him. Using his calculations now, by the time the Sims 4 reaches its fifth year, if Simmers buy everything, they will have spent $600 on this iteration at least plus cost of accessories they can buy too and the additional cost of the computer. I just hope that those are saying if you don't like it, don't buy are promoting illegal behavior.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,390 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Actually now that I think about it, I see many Simmers saying not to buy the Sims 4 or the packs. So it's like why stop it? No point of preventing if Simmers don't want to promote the game. It's their choice if they want to help the Sims 4 or not. LGR's videos have been very good I admit and I'm glad he is not letting negative people get to him. Using his calculations now, by the time the Sims 4 reaches its fifth year, if Simmers buy everything, they will have spent $600 on this iteration at least plus cost of accessories they can buy too and the additional cost of the computer. I just hope that those are saying if you don't like it, don't buy are promoting illegal behavior.

Lol, if I can get through the series spending $600 I'll have felt I did good. Just checked my Sims 3 store billing history and over the course of four years I spent $1280. And that's not for everything because I was gifted quite a few of the sets. Also doesn't include the cost of the expansions and stuff packs, of which I have all. If I think of it as about $10 month for store stuff it doesn't seem quite as shocking.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Lol, if I can get through the series spending $600 I'll have felt I did good. Just checked my Sims 3 store billing history and over the course of four years I spent $1280. And that's not for everything because I was gifted quite a few of the sets. Also doesn't include the cost of the expansions and stuff packs, of which I have all. If I think of it as about $10 month for store stuff it doesn't seem quite as shocking.
    Oh wow that is impressive, but I hope you are still enjoying playing it still. :) That is $120 just this year predicted, so that amount can change. I think I'm more selective buyer myself. I don't care for GPs and SPs, but I like EPs for the supernatural aspects so I budget to 2-4 since the original Sims. So it is really weird for the first time in an iteration I don't have a desire to buy packs so far. I mean if Simmers want to buy or not buy something, I think it is their personal business. So I do hope for you the price doesn't change much from that. Anyway happy Simming.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mclsims3mclsims3 Posts: 19 Member
    I also have been playing Sims since it came out, and have loved each version. Not near as happy with Sims 4. I really miss color choices. I'll keep up with Sims 4, and play it, just because I'm a Simmer - and it's what we do - but Sims 4 just isn't that much fun to me, either.

About 10 days ago, I played Sims 3 again for a while. It was so neat and so much fun! Sims who looked like people, not cartoons. Everything was so detailed - with LOT OF COLORS. So, I'm going to play both Sims 3 and Sims 4 for a while.

By the way, a thought to consider - another company - Microsoft - heard loud and clear that people didn't like the "new" Windows 8 when it came out - too different, it was awful to so many people. Just really wasn't what they wanted and they said so loud and clear. Well, Microsoft fixed it. I hear the new Windows 10 ( they skipped naming it Windows 9), is getting good reviews, so far. Some stuff people wanted is back, and new stuff got an update. Their kingdom seems happy again.

So...let's not give up hoping. EA may be listening, and we just don't know it. There's hope we'll get a major upgrade, and a more interesting game. I'm trying to "stick with it", too. I really want to love Sims 4. I really do. Sigh
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    mclsims3 wrote: »
    I also have been playing Sims since it came out, and have loved each version. Not near as happy with Sims 4. I really miss color choices. I'll keep up with Sims 4, and play it, just because I'm a Simmer - and it's what we do - but Sims 4 just isn't that much fun to me, either.

About 10 days ago, I played Sims 3 again for a while. It was so neat and so much fun! Sims who looked like people, not cartoons. Everything was so detailed - with LOT OF COLORS. So, I'm going to play both Sims 3 and Sims 4 for a while.

By the way, a thought to consider - another company - Microsoft - heard loud and clear that people didn't like the "new" Windows 8 when it came out - too different, it was awful to so many people. Just really wasn't what they wanted and they said so loud and clear. Well, Microsoft fixed it. I hear the new Windows 10 ( they skipped naming it Windows 9), is getting good reviews, so far. Some stuff people wanted is back, and new stuff got an update. Their kingdom seems happy again.

So...let's not give up hoping. EA may be listening, and we just don't know it. There's hope we'll get a major upgrade, and a more interesting game. I'm trying to "stick with it", too. I really want to love Sims 4. I really do. Sigh
    "major update in term of change the game engineer is pretty much no

and as you told microsoft had problem with win 8 then to solve it released windows 10 then goingo to maxis and ea the only way to fix sims series is releasing sims 5.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    mclsims3mclsims3 Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2015
    Ellessarr, you're totally right. The basic engine is here to stay. I realize that. But, Windows 10 still has a lot of Window 8 in it. And, that's ok. But, some of the things we want could be brought back. EA knows Sims 4 isn't cutting it, but don't want to admit it yet. Can't admit it. Hopefully, someone in corporate says "lets abandon the direction we're going". We "gotta do something.!!

I don't miss toddlers myself, but a lot of people really do. Seems to me, EA hasn't been honest in giving a good explanation why no toddlers. Can't be that hard, folks. Just do it. Get some better coders or something. Even if they come up with "toddlers lite", it's better than nothing to a lot of people Myself, I'm grateful for dishwashers - finally. What idiot decided we didn't need something so basic. Duh.

And, "yes", I could live with Sims 5. I'm ready. lol
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    mclsims3 wrote: »
    Ellessarr, you're totally right. The basic engine is here to stay. I realize that. But, Windows 10 still has a lot of Window 8 in it. And, that's ok. But, some of the things we want could be brought back. EA knows Sims 4 isn't cutting it, but don't want to admit it yet. Can't admit it. Hopefully, someone in corporate says "lets abandon the direction we're going". We "gotta do something.!!

I don't miss toddlers myself, but a lot of people really do. Seems to me, EA hasn't been honest in giving a good explanation why no toddlers. Can't be that hard, folks. Just do it. Get some better coders or something. Even if they come up with "toddlers lite", it's better than nothing to a lot of people Myself, I'm grateful for dishwashers - finally. What idiot decided we didn't need something so basic. Duh.

And, "yes", I could live with Sims 5. I'm ready. lol

a "toddlers lite/basic" in a patch would = EA keeping their words... then they can build on them with more things to do and wear in EP/GP/SP

EA needs to comunicat better... lets say the new EP's groups actually is great for lots of things, and a core feature of this EP... then SHOW it to us EA... if EA only shows the party part... well we think it is party related.

EA also need to adress big bugs like the incest one.. even if only I few have it, becouse thats a nasty game breaking bug that also is not ok for the rating.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,633 Member
    @ShuffleJ thank you for writing such words, putting my opinion in a much better way than I could have done ;)

It is pretty devastating to visit the forums these days. More and more of the same opinions coming out of the woodwork and, still, EA gives us nothing.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I really hate the sentence: "The Sims 4 has potential."

Seriously? When are we going to see it? Let's see...2 expansion packs, 2 game packs, and 2 stuff packs...where's the potential. Seriously. Show me the potential.

Outdoor Retreat brought us camping. Nothing really new under the sun.
    Spa Day brought us spas...again, nothing really new under the sun.
    Ditto for Luxury Stuff
    Patio Stuff (the hot tub isn't new)
    Cook Kitchen Stuff (ice cream maker isn't new either)

And Get To Work= itty bitty four lot town/world and a mix between "Ambitions" and "Open for Business"
    Now Get Together = new town/world, clubs, objects from past sims games (a few) and a new pool tool.

None of these features is anything new that we haven't seen before. They keep promising that we'll get something never before seen in The Sims...well, when are we getting it?

The sad thing about the Sims 4 is that it's all been done before. Yet, I think players could have forgiven that if it weren't for the poor quality of the actual game play itself. The Sims Team needs to sit down and not only actually *play* the Sims 2, but also use that as a springboard for producing a new and immersive Sims game. THEN we might be able to see the "potential" in this game. But so far...I'm not seeing any. How long are we supposed to wait for this "potential" to show up?

Inquiring minds want to KNOW!
    "It has potential" and "I just scratched the surface" when something new was released. Knowing that's all there is to it: surface.
    5JZ57S6.png