Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"If you don't like it, don't buy it"

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I don't like that reason as well, because as I stated in another thread, that if you don't buy it and criticize it from videos, what you've researched on, and so on and so forth then you'll have people saying your opinion doesn't matter because you haven't actually played it. Then on the other hand people will be like "I don't understand why you bought it" It's a no win situation.

yet 1 more great point

how ever sad it is

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Karma wrote: »
    I am happy it doesn't have the majorly complicated family tree to get all messed up like in TS3.

Uhm....gurrl? Are you sure it's not the other way round? How did family trees in TS3 get complicated...and messed up? The family trees in TS4 deletes every dead person, which also has ended up breaking ties between existing members.

On another note;

No T, no shade but this is my take on what cheerleaders think EA is doing:

[img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/671944/oprah-you-get-a-car-o.gif[/img]

When in reality, EA is doing this:

vRO8_i.gif

No I would send sims to the WA places and my family trees would be way unfixabale when they would return no one would be related.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,572 Member
    Op you need to realise that even if a game is complete there will always be glitchs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Thank you for this OP. I truly feel you hit the nail directly on the head with this thread. Im a very sad simmer today
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I just gave you your 100th like on the OP, and it's really well deserved. A really wonderful, concise and heartfelt well written OP. Thank you for summing up the feelings of so many of us so perfectly.
    <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    LaybackSpinLaybackSpin Posts: 40 Member
    When is Sims 5 coming out? "Sims 4 era" will soon be erased in the sims franchise history books like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of Nanking atrocities was erased from the Japanese History books.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Very well said OP. I have actually felt that way before. The Sims 4 feels like the New Coke in a lot of ways. I don't think the Sims 4 will be the last game, but I don't think it is constructive whenever I hear, "if you don't like it don't buy it" or "why are you even on forums, go away and play something else." It's like do Simmers really want to kill the future of the Sims and have the Sims 4 end early? I just wish more Sims 4 players actually supported other Sims 4 players and other Sims players instead of constantly attacking them for having a different opinion. It's very toxic seeing players attack each other over the silliest things sometimes. It's almost feels like I'm back in elementary school sometimes reading some of the rude comments.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I don't like that reason as well, because as I stated in another thread, that if you don't buy it and criticize it from videos, what you've researched on, and so on and so forth then you'll have people saying your opinion doesn't matter because you haven't actually played it. Then on the other hand people will be like "I don't understand why you bought it" It's a no win situation.
    Yeah I see that happening a lot. Like they get judged for not buying the game and then again for actually buying and not liking the game. Or if they do like the game, then report a bug or a Sim getting culled in their game they worked really hard on, judged again. I think it is like a self abuse doing that. Because it's like the thing they love most, they are causing harm to just by being unkind to others and to Simmers just like them. A Simmer is a Simmer no matter what. But it is interesting seeing some of the same Simmers that praised the Sims 3 through fan sites are now putting it down in favor of the Sims 4 just because it is the newest game. It's like the Sims 4 would not have existed at all if Simmers didn't buy the Sims, the Sims 2, the Sims 3, and all those side games. So in a sense, they are mocking and being ungrateful towards the community that has supported the franchise for the past 15 years. It's like I'm ok if someone like the Sims 4, but don't mock the community that made the Sims 4 even possible to be developed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I really don't understand how saying "if you don't like it, don't buy it" is insensitive.

It seems like common sense.

Being upset about a game but continuing to buy stuff for it and then being even more upset about it ..? Why put yourself through that.

Had to make a run to the store after my post, but basically what everyone else said.

Firstly, it's a bit too late for those who already bought the base game and can't return it or give it away. They're already invested in this particular part of the franchise whether they like it or not. And even those of use who didn't buy the game, by buying 1 or 2 or 3 or some combination, we're invested in this franchise too. Maybe not this specific game because we aren't fond of it but we're looking to what comes after.

I'd imagine buying a $60 to $100 dollar game and expecting it to get better because it has potential or it needs time only to find close to a year later that nothing has changed for the better for you hurts. Especially if this game is more than just a game to you. For me it's a creative outlet and a way to tell stories, I can do that in a variety of ways but for some this is an escape. This is a little thing to call their own. A place where they once ruled and for a couple of hours they could escape whatever happens in their real lives. It's even been that for me more than a couple of times.

There have been countless comments saying, "Well if you don't like it, don't buy it. No one's holding a weapon to your head!" Well no, but it feels like your favorite franchise just cut you, stabbed you in the back, or ripped your heart out. It hurts. I physically felt bad when I saw what this game was. And I was one of the lucky ones. I did my research. But, and this is where I totally agree with that abuse comment by meeoun, by name alone, people expect so much from the Sims and rightfully so. You think of The Sims, you think of one of the best selling franchises of all time. They have clout, and they used that clout and they went, made, and marketed what the Sims 4 is when people know for a fact that they can do better, or at least that The Sims franchise can be better.

The "if you don't like it, don't buy it" comment also goes back to the "everybody who criticizes the game is a complainer" thing. Even when they clearly state they like the game and it does have potential. They'll get, "Well, don't like this, this and that, then don't buy it," but a lot of them do actually like the game. They just feel it can be better. There's nothing wrong with being critical of the game, yet you have some people who jump down the throats of those that are. Just like there are some who jump down the throats of people who love the game. We all love the franchise, and we want it to get better and succeed. We all need to come together on that and fight to make the game better and more inclusive for everyone.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Love, love, love this thread! So many well thought out posts. Great job of explaining what many of us feel @ShuffleJ and @ApparentlyAwesome !
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2015
    (If you think this related to the post at hand, it's not. Just a personal comment.) @CharityHope Whenever I see you I always love seeing the Minions thing. I want to try it!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    wistfoolwistfool Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2015
    I thought the original post was very thoughtful. I personally belong to the 'Seriously, don't effing buy it if you don't like it!' camp myself though. I ended up getting The Sims 4 because my cousin discarded it after a few days. I sort of enjoyed it, with the new multitasking and better space utilisation, and the emergence of some very decent mods, but I will not buy any expansion or game packs for it. For the sake of the community, I do hope they fix the game. If not, there's always The Sims 3. It really was The One for me. :)

Edited for a typo.
  • Options
    Nina333Nina333 Posts: 85 Member
    edited August 2015
    Bravo ShuffleJ! You have so eloquently described my very own thoughts and feelings.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I'm in the latter... trying to give it a chance. It's just becoming more of a challenge with each patch that leaves things broke and breaks more stuff while addressing a couple things. I'm usually left to the creation of mods to fix/correct what is wrong.

And I'm also really over the "You Rule" words carelessly being tossed about. I already know I do Not Rule in this game, simply because it tells me when I'm wrong in how I wish to create something. (Sorry DevynSims00, but your park is incomplete without that sink). So over it.

I can say truly I will not be pre-ordering anything TS4 related until I see some major bugs cleaned and the ability to make this game feel less limited and restrictive.

I dunno what's worse, waiting on empty hope or going back in time to past game editions for an enjoyable game.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I've been getting onto people for saying that for many years now. It's such a rude saying... Because I think we all already know whether we're going to buy it or not. It's not advice, it's just a covert way of saying "Just shut up and quit complaining already... I can't stand seeing negative opinions". Lol.

With that said, I've found that with The Sims 4, since I don't care about it and I'm not buying, I really don't care at all. I'll comment on the new Expansion Packs a little bit, but I don't find that it is relevant to me... And I'm not really even making suggestions... It's not a game I'll ever buy. My only suggestion is to scrap The Sims 4 and start with a real sequel.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    I was not going to log in today but seeing your post made me do it anyway.No i am only a sims2 and sims3 player, but i like to know what is going on with sims4 even though i did not buy it.I just want to thank you for this thread from the bottom of my heart i tottaly agree. I will help to keep this on the first page as much as possible thanks again.
  • Options
    ShuffleJ wrote: »

On the topic of walking away from the franchise, I'm not there yet. Fixing Sims might not be cheap, but I'm not worried about EA's bank account. If it's true that Sims is one of the most lucrative gaming franchises in history, they can and should fix it. It's just good business. No one's saying start from scratch, but maybe put in a little overtime right now. People are walking away and will continue to do so if things don't get repaired. Seriously, how happy would a lot of people be if the Mime or Burglars came back? Are those hard to put in? Or if the maid showed up everyday and not when I leave the house? I'm no developer, but I think little things go a long way. And Sims 4 is the easiest of all the games to implement updates and patches.
    Yeah it is a very good thread, so thank you for writing it. That's what I'm worried about. Because the engine is something the Sims team did build themselves, yet it seems like they have no idea how to manage or control it. It's pretty sad when more simple things like dishwashers have taken a year to create. It doesn't make me very hopeful of toddlers ever returning. I won't wait 3 years for them to return like I had to wait 3 years for alien toddlers for the Sims 3. I'd love if burglars were brought back and it would be cool to have other NPCs back as well. Mime would be interesting to have again. The maid still seems buggy in games sometimes. But regardless toddlers, it is still the tip of the iceberg of what has made Sims games popular in the past. I really don't think the Sims 4 is that welcoming to new players even because I've come to forums as a new forum poster and even a lot of the Sims 4 players were rude to me even when I did like the game more. Thankfully I did find the family thread that were accepting me as a Sims 4 player and encouraged me to talk about past games as well. The Sims 4 simply will never be the only Sims game I'll play and I love coming up with new and old ideas using past games.
  • Options
    KayleiMarieKayleiMarie Posts: 68 Member
    I love the original post on this thread, because it's exactly how I feel. I have lupus and spend most of my time taking pills/being drained of blood/bed ridden/being poked by doctors/generally feeling awful and for me sims has always been my escape from that. It's always been a bit more than a game to me, because I can almost live vicariously through my sims. I've used the game to this purpose for years, and frankly I feel a bit short changed by this game. Yes ok, it IS a game, but that's not the point. The point is that my relationship with the sims has been long and invested, I love this franchise and I don't want to give up on it!
    Origin: KayleiMarie
    Twitter: @kayleimarie
    I'm pretty much just KayleiMarie
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    (snipped for brevity) On the topic of walking away from the franchise, I'm not there yet. Fixing Sims might not be cheap, but I'm not worried about EA's bank account. If it's true that Sims is one of the most lucrative gaming franchises in history, they can and should fix it. It's just good business. No one's saying start from scratch, but maybe put in a little overtime right now. People are walking away and will continue to do so if things don't get repaired. Seriously, how happy would a lot of people be if the Mime or Burglars came back? Are those hard to put in? Or if the maid showed up everyday and not when I leave the house? I'm no developer, but I think little things go a long way. And Sims 4 is the easiest of all the games to implement updates and patches.

Anyway, I'll stop now :) Thanks everyone. You're all great and this thread made me so happy.

I'm afraid I just can't be as optimistic. So far I have seen NO evidence that EA is willing to invest in this game. None at all. :(
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    1093966.gif
    This is perfect. Thank you.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.