Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEVER use Gamestop

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited November 2012
    I used to preorder through GameStop, but I am now too lazy to drive that far. They were always nice and helpful and the manager also plays TS3 and we'd chat. This time I preordered for home delivery and it is out on the truck right now, so I will have it today.

I'm sorry you had such a hastle, hopefully in the future this won't happen.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited November 2012
    hunt2013 wrote:
    I had Sims 3 preordered all nice and a week early.

Call them this morning to verify that I could pick it up.

They say yes so I go to the store 1 hour after they open to let the people who stand outside time to clear out.

Walk in and the guy asks if I had preordered Black OPs 2. I say no and tell him what I have ordered. So he looks in the drawer and says it hasnt been processed into the store yet and they couldnt sell it yet. I come back and say that I called earlier and was told I could pick it up today and besides it comes out TODAY. He replies with yes you can get it today but not right now. I asked him if he could put it into the system for me. He then proceeds to point at the line of people behind me. The same line I waited 8 people through to get to him.

I then asked when I could pick it up. And he replies with "Whenever I feel like putting it in. Now move along, or you can wait for everyone to leave."

NEVER USE GAMESTOP

Use to have the friendliest Gamestop ever and now their a pain in.... Nevermind.

I will say this you are using ONE persons horrible customer service skills to condemn an entire company? Thats like someone who is extended family doing something horrible to someone and that person starts a family feud over it.

Now personally I havent used gamestop im more of an amazon or best buy person.
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited November 2012
    Funny how people keep saying it just one person experience, yet gamestop does not have a good reputation you don't get that from just one person having a bad experience
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited November 2012
    Your local store sounds pretty crappy, but the company as a whole isn't all bad. I usually don't use them because they don't put a priority on PC games, but today I went to my local Target and Walmart and BOTH of them ONLY had copies of Sims 3 Plus Seasons, no copies of the individual EP. I went over to GameStop which is right next to Target, and they had three copies of Seasons on the shelf.

They aren't always bad, it's kinda ridiculous to tell people not to shop at a store simply because YOUR local store has a bad employee.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CrakkrCrakkr Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I actually went up to Gamestop last night during the Black Ops II midnight release, and the copy that I had on reserve was literally the only one. Called ahead and they said they could give it to me when Black Ops was released at midnight. The wait in all the lines was well worth it.

Sorry you're having such a bad experience with Gamestop! (Maybe you could come here and try this store! The employees are so kind!)
  • Options
    Niamh414Niamh414 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2012
    @JaxxYChicK - You can do that?!?! Wow!!! I am never pre-ordering again :P My local shop is Santry, the Omniplex shop??? I don't know if you know it, but it's pretty good, it's just had this problem. *Jumps for joy as just found a fellow Dublin Simmer.
  • Options
    GlamourGirl0817GlamourGirl0817 Posts: 84 Member
    edited November 2012
    Stopped using GameStop a while back...You should of used Orgins
  • Options
    AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 334
    edited November 2012
    I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. I always use Gamestop for everything but I chose origin this time and I think I'll go back to Gamestop. and it's not gamestop it's the employee that you dealt with. And people will complain more often than praise. it's why word of mouth kills so many companies.
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited November 2012
    Funny how people keep saying it just one person experience, yet gamestop does not have a good reputation you don't get that from just one person having a bad experience
    I don't know. Seeing posts here makes it seem like their rep isn't as bad as its touted.

Here where I live there is one store you can get things cheaper: Entertainmart. HOWEVER they have a long history of buying and reselling stolen goods. Like somebody sells them an Xbox 360 and then someone else goes there because his 360 was stolen and even produces proof by way of the serial # and this store will tell him it isn't their fault and its theirs now. Gamestop makes you provide ID in the event that whatever they buy can be tracked if someone claims they have something stolen.

But many people tend to overreact when they are treated poorly and have more outspoken reactions to a bad employee than the one who was kind and helpful.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    NFSGalaxyNFSGalaxy Posts: 134 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Its just that employee there. At my Gamestop, one particular person was great and I ask the manager if he could get a raise or be promoted, which did happen. Just talk to the manager there and tell him or her what happened.
  • Options
    Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yeah complain, it doesn't matter if he's having a "bad day" no-one has the right to treat you like trash. After all your custom pays their wage. I work in retail and yes some people are rude( as in customers) but you have to keep professional. Of course you were not being rude he was. Complain!
    I had a bad experience in Gamestop a few years back, i wanted a sims 2 expansion back but i got given a DVD thing to do with the sims. The person who served me knew fine right she gave me the wrong thing because when i came back 2 minutes later i heard her say " Finally got rid of that DVD."

Dee xxx
  • Options
    JaxxYChicKJaxxYChicK Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2012
    Niamh414 wrote:
    @JaxxYChicK - You can do that?!?! Wow!!! I am never pre-ordering again :P My local shop is Santry, the Omniplex shop??? I don't know if you know it, but it's pretty good, it's just had this problem. *Jumps for joy as just found a fellow Dublin Simmer.

Simmers seem to be a rare breed here! :D

I've never been to the Gamestop in Santry but I don't see why they wouldn't work the same way as the shop in town (although they probably get less copies of everything). What I think happens is most likely that they get a number of the Limited Edition copies and because TS3 wouldn't be all that popular here they end up with plenty left over. I've gone in to the shop in Henry St. to actually see the Limited Edition copies on the shelves! The day SN came out I just strolled in and picked one up. When you go in to pick up your copy on Friday and you don't see what you want on display just ask and I'm sure they'll sort you out, especially considering you've already tried to pre-order and the system wouldn't let you.

I'm sure it'll all work out! Seriously can't wait for Friday, think I'll take the afternoon off work to head home early and load her up. :wink:
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've never had any problems with Gamestop. However, I believe the last game I preordered there may have been Animal Crossing Wild World (which was released seven years ago).
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just because you had a bad experience when the people at your store doesn't mean Gamesop is an awful place. I love them, their customer support is very friendly and helpful and around where I live, I'm treated nicely. Plus, they love the sims so we sit around and chat.
  • Options
    Niamh414Niamh414 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2012
    @JaxxYChicK - Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated!!! Thankfully I'm off at 1 on Friday, so I'll basically run to Gamestop, and then lock myself in the house with Seasons for the weekend!!! :P Got a serious case of PEPS, it's the threads on the forums that keep me going :D
  • Options
    AkifamiAkifami Posts: 36 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I pre-ordered it using Gamestop. I picked it up at 12 AM along with Black Ops 2. No problem at all. Seems like to me your local store just sucks.

Aside the fact that every Gamestop clerk is sort of grouchy and a little rude, I have never had a problem with their service. ):

I'm sorry about what happened to you!
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had crappy luck with gamestop today too. They didn't even have their shipment in for it when I got there and waited in a 20 minute line. And the guy you dealt with sounds like a real JERK!
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited November 2012
    That's not a GameStop thing, it's a bad sales associate thing. I'm sorry you had to encounter one of those, :(

Yes. I bet he didn't get to keep his job.
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    edited November 2012
    I called yesterday the 12th just out of curiosity and asked if they had it, was told yes. I asked if i could come then and get it, the woman said yes. I asked twice if I could come and get it right that moment. Drove 20 minutes to town, went in and they were rude, and one woman looked at me like I was an idiot, and said it is street dated we cant sell it until tomorrow, but you can pre-order. I said "I don't think so, I was told I could get it now, when I drive to town to get it at midnight I will be making this purchase, and all future purchases, even if I have to wait a week for the release at Wal-mart, and I am going to slam you on facebook, and the sims site." I also reported them to corporate. If they had told me that they could not sell it until the 13th then that would have been fine. I dont like wasting gas or being lied to.

I bet the whole point was to get me to preorder. I hate being lied to. I agree with the OP never shop at game stop, untrained and rude people.
  • Options
    HideakiHideaki Posts: 218 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I work in retail... don't blame the whole company and everyone on it... just the few people who shouldn't be working in retail!! Sorry this happened to you! :(
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2012
    This happened with me before. In case you haven't,

**GO IN THE STORE TO PREORDER IN-STORE PICKUP**

Do NOT go order in-store pickup through the phone or internet as its less likely they'll have it for you and more likely something will get screwed up.

It happened with me with Late Night - I ordered in-store pickup through the internet and they ended up having no idea who it belonged to so they just put it out on display.

Just recently, I went in the store to preorder something that doesn't come out for a few months - they gave me a receipt, put it in the system in front of me, etc. so I knew that it went through fine. Every time I've went in the store and preordered, it has always resulted well and I'm able to go in release day and have it.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited November 2012
    jennemm75 wrote:
    I bet the whole point was to get me to preorder. I hate being lied to. I agree with the OP never shop at game stop, untrained and rude people.

It's generally a problem anywhere retailers hire a bunch of high schoolers with little concept of good customer service. But of course if the rude employees were actual adults then that's another matter.

• Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited November 2012
    People should take a lesson from this on EA. They have a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 working for them but so does gamestop. People seem so willing here to give gamestop a break but these same forums people will tear through EA like they the worst company. EA also has good people yet whole company gets blamed.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited November 2012
    hunt2013 wrote:
    I had Sims 3 preordered all nice and a week early.

Call them this morning to verify that I could pick it up.

They say yes so I go to the store 1 hour after they open to let the people who stand outside time to clear out.

Walk in and the guy asks if I had preordered Black OPs 2. I say no and tell him what I have ordered. So he looks in the drawer and says it hasnt been processed into the store yet and they couldnt sell it yet. I come back and say that I called earlier and was told I could pick it up today and besides it comes out TODAY. He replies with yes you can get it today but not right now. I asked him if he could put it into the system for me. He then proceeds to point at the line of people behind me. The same line I waited 8 people through to get to him.

I then asked when I could pick it up. And he replies with "Whenever I feel like putting it in. Now move along, or you can wait for everyone to leave."

NEVER USE GAMESTOP

Use to have the friendliest Gamestop ever and now their a pain in.... Nevermind.

In the past, I've liked Gamestop for preordering, but this time they didn't offer that option for me. They messed up and handled it badly. I've caved and gone through Origin for the last couple of EP's. It's not a bad way to go.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am so happy to see so many people support the store and push the situation on the employee who, regardless of age, deserves a strong reprimand for not even trying to serve the op of this thread because of the long line (which is what happened, that person was pulling blackops outta a box and serving everyone in line..finding the sims season would've required moving)..and that is not only sad, it is grounds for dismissal.