Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEVER use Gamestop

I had Sims 3 preordered all nice and a week early.

Call them this morning to verify that I could pick it up.

They say yes so I go to the store 1 hour after they open to let the people who stand outside time to clear out.

Walk in and the guy asks if I had preordered Black OPs 2. I say no and tell him what I have ordered. So he looks in the drawer and says it hasnt been processed into the store yet and they couldnt sell it yet. I come back and say that I called earlier and was told I could pick it up today and besides it comes out TODAY. He replies with yes you can get it today but not right now. I asked him if he could put it into the system for me. He then proceeds to point at the line of people behind me. The same line I waited 8 people through to get to him.

I then asked when I could pick it up. And he replies with "Whenever I feel like putting it in. Now move along, or you can wait for everyone to leave."

NEVER USE GAMESTOP

Use to have the friendliest Gamestop ever and now their a pain in.... Nevermind.

Comments

• Options
    hunt2013hunt2013 Posts: 96
    edited November 2012
    Bump so no one ever does use them.
  • Options
    lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2012
    nope only preorder fables and other games but not my sims always uses origin but i waiting for a deal to come with seasons still need key for diesel or katy perry.
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I just picked mine up from GameStop with no problems at all. Sorry you're having trouble.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same with me, never had a problem. It must be because of Black OPs, was your Gamestop open at midnight? Maybe your city has an unusual number of gamers. I'm sorry for your trouble. You should probably complain to the manager. If you waited in line, you are the next customer and he is required to wait on you. He was being lazy.
  • Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited November 2012
    That's not a GameStop thing, it's a bad sales associate thing. I'm sorry you had to encounter one of those, :(
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited November 2012
    I stopped using gamestop years ago, they are a horrible company, there are a few good stores but overall it a terrible company. I would give my money to walmart before gamestop. Atlest there you are not expecting anything from walmart cause they not a dedicated game store.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,121 Member
    edited November 2012
    I agree, it's not a Gamestop thing it's a crappy sales associate thing. And you should go to their website, find the comment email, and send them a nastygram with the address of the store and person's name. We've always had great service at the Gamestop we go to.

Purple, may I ask why you think they are a terrible company?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hunt2013, You must remember that you were dealing with a person who may have no tact, but not all people who work at Gamestop act that person. It is sad that a person like that is working there. If that problem happened to me I would ask to speak to his/her supervisor or call Gamestop to put in a complaint. I do not like Gamestop, but it is easier for me to get my pre-orders
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'd love to use Origin to download the game but its Windows only. Also it was a new guy ive never seen before and I usually know everyone member of the staff there because I always use them.
  • Options
    wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited November 2012
    Wow so sorry about that guys attitude. He sounds like a real jerk, you should report him to the manager?!
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited November 2012
    Huh. I just got back from Gamestop also with my game. I think they are getting severely stressed today. Last night the Gamestop I used had a HUGE line of people camping out for the Midnight release and today they opened at 10 and I got there at 5 after and had to wait in a line of about 23 people. The guys at my store are pretty cool but you could tell they were feeling the heat. They had a giant pile of CoD Black Ops 2 games stacked on and behind the counters, had to deal with a ton of people wanting their games today and some customers get pretty annoyed and irate.

The guy about panicked when I told him what I was picking up because 99% of their customers were after CoD. The manager already unpacked my game but they were obscured by the CoD games so the sales associate was afraid their shipment wasn't there or was lost in the shuffle.

You can report the sales associate on the survey on the receipt or request to see a manager. Don't blame an entire set of stores for one guy with a bad attitude.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    KSkyeeSims12KSkyeeSims12 Posts: 930
    edited November 2012
    That's weird because I have no problem with gamestop I always use them for my sim games
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2012
    I agree you can't make a blanket statement about Gamestop based on one guy with poor customer service skills. At the gamestop I always go to the guys are extremely nice, its why I always go to that location, where as about 10 minutes down the road from that location at a different Gamestop there is a woman who works there who is about as sweet and nice as vinegar, so I never go to that one. But I don't not go to any Gamestop just because of the vinegar lady, I just never go to her Gamestop. Report the guy to the manager, or call the complaint line
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited November 2012
    I pre-ordered with them back in the sims 2 days. I went to pick up my copy and he handed me an open package that was on display. I asked why he was handing me the display and he said that no one wanted the game. Then I said I'd give him half price for an open package and when he said no, I got my money refunded and went to Target.

I have not stepped foot in a Gamestop since then.
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have never had a problem with Gamestop. They are my go-to for games. I could've had the game at midnight last night, but decided to get some sleep considering I have an 8am class (Which was cancelled...and the one after, but different story.), so when I got there, my game was waiting for me. I am sorry you experienced such horrible service.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm sorry you had to deal with a nasty person. I like GameStop... I do midnight releases with then all the time for games. Picked up my copy last night and they even let me skip the line (that was pretty big) because i was the only one getting Seasons. My GameStop is pretty friendly though.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2012
    That's a customer service issue with that particular person. Unfortunate but don't hold an entire company responsible for one person's bad attitude. I would go in and ask him for the manager and advise of the issue(in front of him if you can manage it :P).
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    PSFinishLinePSFinishLine Posts: 179 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had almost the exact same experience at Gamestop this morning. The associate was extremely rude to me and would not get Seasons from the back. I waited in a line for almost an hour due to Call of Duty. When I came back an hour later I waited in line again, and the guy said the game would be out in five minutes. I stood next to the counter and waited and when the game came out the guy looked over and told me it was ready- and that I had to get back in line to pay for it! I almost lost it at this point, and the other associate was nice enough to say he'd take me thank god.

I understand Call of Duty is a huge release but a place like Gamestop should be prepared and experienced for release dates like that. I won't be buying from that Gamestop again.

On another note, I have had nothing but positive experiences at my old gamestop.
  • Options
    Niamh414Niamh414 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I've had a similar problem, I usually pre-order from my local Gamestop (I live in Ireland), and they're usually really really organised... like I usually pre-order with them 2-3 months in advance (I'm really forgetful :P), and there's a fellow simmer employee in there who I have great chats with over the future of the Sims etc.

So I went there last Saturday to attempt to pre-order for the 3RD time, and I got the same reply: it wasn't on the system yet (I got this reply 3 monts ago as well). I really want the limited edition, and I have no idea what to do, as I can't go to another gamestop, and my sister who I share the Sims with, wants a physical copy of it. Really surprised about this, since it is basically the most hotly anticipated expansion pack!!! :-(

*Edit: I emailed them yesterday, and I've gotten no reply back :cry:
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited November 2012
    Its also possible, OP that you could get a refund on your deposit if you speak with the manager.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 had better be the coolest game of the year. I felt so dang awkward standing in line holding my toddler only to get to the register and have the associate yell "Hey Greg! I can't find the Sims 3 Seasons game! Did it arrive yet?!" over the entire store xD Everyone gave me some crazy looks. :oops:
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    To the people telling me to tell the manager. She was right next to him handing out Black OPs games left and right.

How dare they not know that Sims 3 Seasons is more cool.
  • Options
    FrylockKillaFrylockKilla Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
    Granted, it was more the individual, but I still don't like using Gamestop unless I have no other option. Hate the whole "pre-order" harassment and shifty business practices with used games.
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited November 2012
    lisamwitt wrote:
    I agree, it's not a Gamestop thing it's a crappy sales associate thing. And you should go to their website, find the comment email, and send them a nastygram with the address of the store and person's name. We've always had great service at the Gamestop we go to.

Purple, may I ask why you think they are a terrible company?

The "there was a rude employee" is pretty common complaint from gamestop, if you do buy something from them they try to force other games/pre-orders on you. I also don't agree with the whole lets take the game out of the packaging and keep it in a sleeve behind the counter, umm no that considered a used game cause guess what if you the customer did that same thing bought a brand new sealed package from then and opened it right in front of them never touching the disk they would consider it used and not even give you half the price back for it (since they buy back games). Gamestop is also always getting themselves in a bad PR spot (deus ex for example). Gamestop employees are also known for forcing their opinion on the customers. I don't need their opinion on what console I play or what they think of the game shut and sell me the game if I wanted their opinion I would ask for it.
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited November 2012
    That's not a GameStop thing, it's a bad sales associate thing. I'm sorry you had to encounter one of those, :(

I was just going to say this. And I would have asked to speak to the manager after the "Whenever I feel like putting it in" comment.

ETA:
    hunt2013 wrote:
    To the people telling me to tell the manager. She was right next to him handing out Black OPs games left and right.

Sorry didn't see this. :oops:
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    KyRIFFLEKyRIFFLE Posts: 39
    edited November 2012
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I think it was just the associate, though... not so much of a Gamestop issue.

However, I might have to rethink that, because when my twin sister bought Showtime from Gamestop (as a digital download), it was very glitched as well as corrupted.

Personally, I think buying games online/digital download is a bad idea, but that's just me and based off of own experience.

I would have reported that associate, though. What a jerk for him to do that. :(