Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEVER use Gamestop

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    mrsunseenmrsunseen Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2012
    I usually pre order from Gamestop and have never had any issues but I did today as well. My husband actually went to get the game for me since I was still at work and they gave him the wrong one,(I have all but 2 expansion packs mind you). They gave him the Sims 3 plus season's INSTEAD of the Limited Edition I had pre-ordered. I called and the guy was VERY rude about it due to Black Ops being out which he stated "was more important". I complained and am now going back up to get the correct game and get to see him face to face knowing he messed up and had to fix it. :)
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited November 2012
    I really feel I want post on this thread. To the one or two posters saying the OP was harsh - their second trip and the manager's reaction to the assistant clearly shows that the OP was right to be angry. And in retail, even if a staff member is having a bad day you don't get to show it to customers. You just suck it up and get on with your job in a friendly and professional manner - you certainly don't upset a customer and pass on the bad emotions to them too. And a manager should certainly never reprimand a staff member in front of customers.

I worked in retail for over 7 and a half years and one training session I had early on really struck home. If a customer has a good experience in a shop then on average they tell 10 friends about how good the service is. If they have a bad experience they tell 20. Think of this as the OP's 20 people... though it's probably going to be much more thanks to the internet. Which makes giving a good service at all time even more important. It's really not that hard to give good customer service.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2012
    GameStop is the only retailer I use for my Sims games. I have never had a problem with them. In fact, this store had moved twice and I continue to order from them. I guess it just depends on the people they hire in your location. :|

I went to the midnight release and there were tons of people. The line went on for blocks and blocks, plus it was cold. The crew there were polite and friendly the entire time. I did try Best Buy once or twice but the service wasn't as good. :?

I would never use anyone else other than this particular GameStop and I've played since the beginning. :mrgreen:

Sorry you had a bad experience. :(
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited November 2012
    That would make me mad, too. I would have complained to the store manager about him, for sure.
  • Options
    Shnysprkly1Shnysprkly1 Posts: 113 Member
    edited November 2012
    I always use GameStop for my Sims 3 games since I found out I could essentially buy a game on layaway since I have a limited income and a few bucks here and there is a lot easier than plopping down a full $20-40 at once.

I've never had problems with them. My local store is very nice to me and remembered me as the person who was buying Seasons and even told me when the line for Call of Duty would dwindle so I wouldn't have to wait that long.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2012
    I called Sunday to find a Gamestop that had Seasons and the store manager told me yes, did I want her to reserve it for me to pick up that day? I rushed up to the store before she changed her mind and had my game on Sunday. She was so sweet too. Sorry you had that experience but my Gamestop will always be my stop for Sims 3 games.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited November 2012
    I use Gamestop because I save about 100 SEK when I pre-order there(in person). They have been nice and professional to me, though that might have been because it's in Sweden... ^^'
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yea never using them again. They blocked off the handicap parking at the launch... :evil:
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think you just had a one store issue, b/c I've been using Gamestop for years and had only one problem and that was a one store one employee situation about 4 years ago. I told the manager and he took care of it.

I have also used Gamestop in both NY state and now Wyoming and again, it has been the best choice to pre-order, and receive the game on release day.

I would never use any other store! EVER!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    truly1436truly1436 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow I'm really sorry about all problems everyone has had with gamestop. Our gamestop is amazing, so are the people who work there. I went in at 830 am for seasons.No preorder, just walked in and asked for it. Not a problem. And yet they were packed since the launch they had at midnight for black ops. I guess you could say its all in the employees. I hope you have better luck next time, and complain to management if you are treated wrongly. Enough complaints and a change can happen. :)