The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    3004sh3004sh Posts: 44 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Xanita39 wrote:
    Did You Know your sim can start earning Lifetime Happyness points the moment he/she is born?

When the Mood Meter (vertical green bar to the left of the moodlets) hits the narrow point it starts to pulsate a little bit.
    This indicates Happyness points are being earned.

Thus far I have found 6 different kinds of positive moodlets a baby can have

1) Well rested : from sleeping all the way to a full bar (+10)
    2) Cuddle Time : from having a teddy bear in inventory while asleep (+20)
    3) Squeaky Clean : from having a diaper change (+10)
    4) Enjoying Music : play a radio near the crib when the baby is awake (+10)

the next 2 require mommies and daddies to have some skills

5) Cosy Fire : from having a flame fruit in inventory (+5)
    6) Superior Equipment : from being near the fridge you get when you reach the top of the cooking carreer.

I haven't had a fireplace near the crib so maybe that will work.
    If anyone knows of any others I would love to know.

Edit: Toddlers get even more options
    My youngest child had over 9000 happyness points when she turned into a child.
    So I only needed to make a few of her wishes come true before I could turn her bladder to steel.

I know of another positive moodlet a Sim baby can have -

Fiendlishly Delighted.

My Evil Sim baby gets it whenever her twin sister is crying.
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009

Sims can't burn in a stove fire. But sim children can.

I had an adult start dinner and then leave the child and food unattended in the kitchen.. while I removed the door. I took a few times.. but finally I got my child fire ghost. I must admit I felt a little evil... :twisted:
  • Options
    VictoriaMackVictoriaMack Posts: 284 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you know.....

The more athletic your sim is, the longer they'll live? My founder sim was maxed out in athletics, worked out every single day and on a 90 day lifespan she lived to be 112!!!
  • Options
    macayla131macayla131 Posts: 150 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you know you can have all your needs maxed out forever?
    just type in testingcheatsenabled true into the cheats box (ctrl-shift-c), shift-click your mailbox, click "make all happy", and then "make needs static".
    This makes life alot easier if your sims are pursuing careers and you want extra time to build skills etc. :D
  • Options
    KirsCurseKirsCurse Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you know...

...you can put sims in the family inventory with the moveobjects cheat. But you can't get them out after that! Sadly I got a toddler stuck in there when I was remodeling a house... :cry:...My unborn sim will never get to see his/her brother.
  • Options
    VictoriaMackVictoriaMack Posts: 284 New Member
    edited August 2009
    KirsCurse wrote:
    Did you know...

...you can put sims in the family inventory with the moveobjects cheat. But you can't get them out after that! Sadly I got a toddler stuck in there when I was remodeling a house... :cry:...My unborn sim will never get to see his/her brother.
    haha! oh no! how sad :(
  • Options
    gogglezzgogglezz Posts: 1,518 New Member
    edited August 2009
    KirsCurse wrote:
    Did you know...

That made me LOL :XD: :lol:
  • Options
    NaddNadd Posts: 1,205 New Member
    edited August 2009
    moonbeam wrote:
    Sims can't burn in a stove fire. But sim children can.

I had an adult start dinner and then leave the child and food unattended in the kitchen.. while I removed the door. I took a few times.. but finally I got my child fire ghost. I must admit I felt a little evil... :twisted:

I kind of loved killing my sims in TS2
  • Options
    skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Susiechan wrote:
    I don't know whether it has been mentioned earlier. George Dean who lives in Riverview has Pyromaniac trait. He can set a fire on nearby object. He also can turn a watermelon into a flame fruit :D

Any of you knows how to get or see the mysterious magician and Mr. Gnome ? I never seen any of them in my game :cry:

Ooooh that is news to me, turning a watermelon into a flame fruit. I wish we had flame fruit bushes
    in RL, they are sooo cool as lights in the night!

Well, so are fire flies (thank you God!)

Um, I've gotten the mysterious Mr. Gnome but he hasn't pulled any antics yet.

• Options
    cynjulmarcynjulmar Posts: 201 New Member
    edited August 2009
    One of my pregnant Sims rode her bike to the hospital. She still took a cab home.
  • Options
    simsfawn100simsfawn100 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited August 2009
    **Bump**
  • Options
    Alura1Alura1 Posts: 480 New Member
    edited August 2009

I know of another positive moodlet a Sim baby can have -

Fiendishly Delighted.

My Evil Sim baby gets it whenever her twin sister is crying.[/quote]

ROFL!!
  • Options
    arbiter4arbiter4 Posts: 479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims with the unlucky trait can't die easily. My Sim has the unlucky trait and I locked her in a room and she's died six times and the Reaper revived her every time!!!LOL
  • Options
    tl8autl8au Posts: 168 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lochar67 wrote:
    I
    Izzyluv wrote:
    The "clean house" option is ONLY for the Neat sims.

I am pretty sure you get it with perfectionist trait too.

the problem with this trait , is when they go to the park and beach they clean up all the picnic baskets ..

I didnt know about the teddy bear in the crib thou....
  • Options
    Red_DynastyRed_Dynasty Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    tl8au wrote:
    Lochar67 wrote:
    I
    Izzyluv wrote:
    The "clean house" option is ONLY for the Neat sims.

I am pretty sure you get it with perfectionist trait too.

the problem with this trait , is when they go to the park and beach they clean up all the picnic baskets ..

I didnt know about the teddy bear in the crib thou....

I actually need that, My sims have left a huge mess in the park from all the random cooking!
  • Options
    kemiwillankemiwillan Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    oH jA you have to have a clean freak of a sim to pick the clean house thingie :D
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2009
    all of my babies and toddlers have teddy bears in thier crib but never have the moodlet for it
  • Options
    Xanita39Xanita39 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2009
    linds2010 wrote:
    all of my babies and toddlers have teddy bears in thier crib but never have the moodlet for it

Put the bear in their INVENTORY.
    They will get the moodlet and you can still see the bear in the crib when they are asleep.
  • Options
    corajanecorajane Posts: 60 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Xanita39 wrote:
    linds2010 wrote:

Put the bear in their INVENTORY.
    They will get the moodlet and you can still see the bear in the crib when they are asleep.

i had no idea! thanks for sharing! so if it's in their inventory it will also be in their crib?
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2009
    thanks!
  • Options
    HappyLiLAngelHappyLiLAngel Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How do ypu get the bonus city, River view? I saw it once , I think, on the laucher but soooooo regrettably didn;t click it. So yeah, does anyone know how to get it?

PLEASE get back to me :shock:
  • Options
    LeahBee86LeahBee86 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This is random, but does anyone else have Shakira's She Wolf in their head? Or do they at least have issues getting it out? It's sending me madd!!!

Um, so back on topic. Lol. I learned rather quickly Motherlode still worked, and after reading this thread I want to have a baby! I mean, my Sim. Not me personally. I was rather disappointed when I followed her to work and found you couldn't see inside, however. Also,I only just learnt today you can climb out of pools without ladders, but I have seen Sims freak out when there's been no or very little ladders...so maybe that's a traits thing?

Anyway, stuff I've learnt:

1. And this is number one because I was most impressed when I found it...funky angles! You can have couches, TV's and coffee tables perfectly aligned! As well as have your walls go where you actually want them to. For a perfectionist neat freak, I was very pleased to find this.

2. They can chase butterflies, and fish!!

3. My final point reverts back to my perfectionism...you can match their shoes perfectly to their outfit. Who else LOVES the customisation options in this game?

4. OK, I know I said 3 was my last point but I only just remembered. Did you know the exterior brick options are kind of crappy? Ehk. But who cares! Funky angles and matching clothes! They had me at organisation...*sighs lovingly*
  • Options
    LeahBee86LeahBee86 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How do ypu get the bonus city, River view? I saw it once , I think, on the laucher but soooooo regrettably didn;t click it. So yeah, does anyone know how to get it?

PLEASE get back to me :shock:

You need to go to the store, then "Lots", I think. You can also download a Prius for free! :)

I hope I helped.
  • Options
    lauraHurrenlauraHurren Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If you lot keep having baby boys and you cant get a baby girl, take your pregnant lady to the food shop and buy 3 watermelons and eat one after the other no break. and when she goes into labour she can have a baby girl.
  • Options
    ShenkngJAShenkngJA Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When there aren't any chairs to sit on to eat, my sim will sit on the toilet! lol

:lol: thats too funny :lol: