Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's happening with The Store

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2012
    I really don't think they had to give a notice or anything... It probably was maintenance or the site was not functioning over night and they just did a quick fix to make it stable/fix.

I saw the 0 Simpoint at 3 AM CST, but I went to bed instead as I knew it was going to be fixed in the morning. :mrgreen:

Edit: Also, SimGuru's are not required to overlook the store 24/7 an FYI :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2012
    The store went down last night somewhere around 11pm-12am PST. I think they will always notice when no one can buy anything. :lol:
  • Options
    nasonexdropnasonexdrop Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2012
    My points are also back this am however EA has not apologised for any worry incurred by simmers nor any amends to me or others for any inconvenience and loss of enjoyment of my game while they fiddled around with store stuff. I believe most people would like to be saved from the shock when their account balances change and a simple message would do the trick. It doesn't seem to be hard for EA to advertise stuff it wants to sell us but too hard to advise of what may occur as they change things through the launcher.
  • Options
    Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited July 2012
    Well my points were back this morning (PST), but now they're showing 0 again. :(
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited July 2012
    :shock: I hope it is just down again. I just tried to login to my account and got the "Be right back screen" and now I show 0 simpoints. So - only having a mild stroke since everyone seemed to have problems that resolved....
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited July 2012
    It was bad timing. I really wanted 2 items from the daily deal. I knew they were coming up but my points showed 0. I went to try to buy them anyway. The store wouldn't let me.

So I will have to wait for these things to go on sale again. Eventually they will. :)
  • Options
    simgrl74simgrl74 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Gah, my points are gone also! I'm guessing this ISN'T fixed because when I try to check my account I get the Liam screen. I just bought the $40 point pack and have only spent a couple hundred of them on a daily deal. I will give it til tomorrow to see if it gets fully resolved.

ETA: I'm bummed because I was going to get that Mediterranean kitchen deal too! :-(
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited July 2012
    AudreyFld wrote:
    :shock: I hope it is just down again. I just tried to login to my account and got the "Be right back screen" and now I show 0 simpoints. So - only having a mild stroke since everyone seemed to have problems that resolved....

Me too.. I came to check to see if the DD changed and noticed I was logged out, I logged back in and saw that all my points were gone. I tried to get to my purchase history to see if someone got into my account and gifted all my points away, but I can't get there, I get the "Be right back" screen.. I was logged out twice and it is still showing at 0, but as it seems to be effecting others my stress level has gone down a little, I just hope they come back soon..
  • Options
    Titan111Titan111 Posts: 61
    edited July 2012
    I'm in the same boat. Almost 5000 SimPoints! Found another thread talking about the same issue today and some posted that it was resolved but they were all posted this morning. ???
  • Options
    johncenababie54johncenababie54 Posts: 56
    edited July 2012
    reading 0 here too :[ was saving up too :[ they better fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've just checked and am also at 0.

A general message should have been posted about this, regardless of the time.

If something is set to run 24 hours then it's only logic than it should be maintained for the whole time.

rocketsurgery_fullpic_artwork.jpg
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2012
    My simpoints are gone now too.
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited July 2012
    :roll: Really!!! I'm so distressed!!! (sucks in air) Well I hope this gets resolved soon. I really don't like having a 0 balance. It hurts to see this. Please EA get it fixed soon. :( Thank you!!!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mine are gone too! I hope they fix this soon. :(
    hC6F85532
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh, great. I get this glitch that takes them away. :(

So... people have gotten them back? I know I only had 400 left but... it's still important to me.
  • Options
    Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Oh, great. I get this glitch that takes them away. :(

So... people have gotten them back? I know I only had 400 left but... it's still important to me.

I lost mine earlier, then got them back, but they seem to be gone again :(
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited July 2012
    I too have no simpoints left so I hope they fix it because I can't afford to buy more right now. I also didn't get any "free" points so it is not just those that were able to get points when there was a bug the other day & I could not buy any when the sale was on because the code would not work for me. Hopefully once the store is all fixed our points will be back. I will wait until everything is back up and running before I get too worried about the fact that all my points are gone.
  • Options
    C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2012
    I was just about to go buy the new carnival set and the store won't even load for me :roll:
  • Options
    KyretsisKyretsis Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Yeah they seriously need to fix this. Seems like people have been having problems for hours and I have a wishlist I need to buy!
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    the store wont load for me
    and when it does
    Dont hit My account when you are in My store or it will really mess up
    You get nothing and then some nonsense message Ive never seen before.
    Its all messed up
    Im phoning them tomorrow as this is twice in one day.
    I have the points then I dont then I do and then I dont but if I hit My account in the store section it seems to cause it and lock you right out of the store
    Hiya Rflong.
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited July 2012
    The timing is terrible. I just finished hosting a contest and announced the winners and now I can't gift any of them until it's fixed. Hope it's soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Try this link- http://igs.thesims3.com/
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    That works but I cant use it to buy pts becauseeeee it only gives it in US funds and I cant switch to Canada on that page
    but at least you can get to the store.

I will spend all my pts and never buy anymore. (Where have I heard that before)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Right. I forget about that all the time.

... and I think I said that too! :lol:

*It's nice to see my points were showing up there though. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited July 2012
    HAHAHA
    I said that once... and then I discovered crinrict's awesome help site and discovered how to fix my store problem.

Then I said I still wouldn't buy simpoints on principle alone! How outrageous!!! Things should work properly without consumer intervention after all!

I own almost the entire store. That totally worked out exactly as planned. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm confident my points will be returned to me, in the meantime there is nothing wrong with my game, it's still running great, so there is nothing for me to worry about unless at this time Monday my simpoints have still not returned. Then I grasp my pitchfork and torches and assault their castle. lol

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg