May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's happening with The Store

Comments

• Options
    MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2012
    My total still comes up on my game launcher , but not on this site.
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Still gone for me... I wasn't even involved with the redeem SP glitch.
  • Options
    DramadramadramaDramadramadrama Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2012
    Just checked my WL after taking about 5minutes to load and i still have 0sp :(
  • Options
    DramadramadramaDramadramadrama Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2012
    The store is badly messed up i just tried to access it and got Http/1.1 Service Unavailable hmmmm :?
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited July 2012
    SimNow wrote:
    I don'r know but all my Sim points have gone. Whatever it is I'm nor happy.

Same here. I had points left and I seriously hope I'm going to get them back.

I also can't log into my store account.
  • Options
    joolieajooliea Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited July 2012
    I managed to get a screencap of my simpoints before they went missing
    It will be used in evidence ROFL

Same here, when everyone started talking about the 'free simpoints' I screencapped my total, thinking that they'd bungle the resolution to the issue like they bungle every other technical detail.

I am a frakking psychic!
  • Options
    joolieajooliea Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh, Liam.
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited July 2012
    thesimling wrote:

Me either. That never even showed up on my page. The points I have are ones I paid for.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited July 2012
    The store won't load at all for me, which is a relief after reading this thread. I'd hate to see I had 0 points left.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mine were going too, I'm on 0 as soo much of my friends here in Italy. But I'm making screenshots of my purchase history after each purchase in the store, because it isn't 1st time, when Simpoints or purchased items have been disapeared.
    I hope for this company, that SP comes soon back.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I just woke up and got on-line and saw my simpoints are also zero.

I am suspecting this is in regard to the "redeem free simpoint" glitch that took place the other day.

However, I'm pretty upset to find my paid for points taken from me.

I started a thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/566287.page

I hadn't seen the other threads prior so I started my own in the same folder that the "redeem free simpoint" glitch was first reported and discussed.

If a guru doesn't address this today I will be calling CS however I do not like that after my points are "stolen" that I will also incur a cost for calling CS.
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Looks like they are working on the problem, and there may have been some database problem that had sp ammounts not showing up.

Some people were saying that others were reporting finding a glitch that was letting them get free simpoints - if so that's what they are fixing as well as getting those simpoints back most likely.

Something like this happened a long time ago and when they discovered there was a glitch and people were getting 1000's of sps they had to shut everything down until they got it straight. And everyone got all their simpoints - minus any free ones back.

If its still showing 0 when the store comes back online then using the call back feature with CS to talk with a live person should get it taken care of or at least tell you when it will be fixed.

Its not right to call them stolen unless CS tells you that you have no simpoints. Just taking the accounts dB offline to work on it would cause that to happen and cause the pictures to disappear and not allow you to buy anything. - and since people were reporting it that is probably why they blocked access to the store for right now.

And they won't just take sps away from you cause they 'think' you got some free ones - they can check from your acct history where everyone of your sps came from, how much you have bought and how much you have spent. Everything should be just find once they fix the stuff they are working on.
  • Options
    Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited July 2012
    thesimling wrote:

Same here, all the points I had I paid for.

Hoping this is just a glitch and they will be back once the store is back to working correctly. I'm having issues just loading it now.
  • Options
    TLC4theworld77TLC4theworld77 Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2012
    I am not very pleased with this at all!

I just talked my husband into buying me SimPoints last week. I didn't git the glitch to take advantage of the free SimPoints. I can't even get into the Store and my Launcher is showing that I have "Zero" SimPoints. Thankfully my husband bought them through paypal. So if he has to we can fight to get the money back.

I also can't get into my Account!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Is anyone on twitter and can ask a guru what's happening? They need to put people's minds at rest.
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited July 2012
    It also looks like some peoples wishlists have run away with the simpoints as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I disagree. They have been "stolen/deleted/removed" without my prior consent. And if this is a widespread thing then there should have been a BIG notice on this site saying they were working on The Store and that simpoints would be temporarily disabled and showing 0 balance.

Without that notice then any O balance of paid for simpoints are considered stolen/missing. How do we even know we will get them back without a hassle??? How do we know there is not some massive glitch going on with first the "redeem free simpoint" glitch and now this???

Just another example of the lack of communication around here.

And yes, I am upset.
    stormwench wrote:
    Looks like they are working on the problem, and there may have been some database problem that had sp ammounts not showing up.

Some people were saying that others were reporting finding a glitch that was letting them get free simpoints - if so that's what they are fixing as well as getting those simpoints back most likely.

Something like this happened a long time ago and when they discovered there was a glitch and people were getting 1000's of sps they had to shut everything down until they got it straight. And everyone got all their simpoints - minus any free ones back.

If its still showing 0 when the store comes back online then using the call back feature with CS to talk with a live person should get it taken care of or at least tell you when it will be fixed.

Its not right to call them stolen unless CS tells you that you have no simpoints. Just taking the accounts dB offline to work on it would cause that to happen and cause the pictures to disappear and not allow you to buy anything. - and since people were reporting it that is probably why they blocked access to the store for right now.

And they won't just take sps away from you cause they 'think' you got some free ones - they can check from your acct history where everyone of your sps came from, how much you have bought and how much you have spent. Everything should be just find once they fix the stuff they are working on.
  • Options
    chocchipnikchocchipnik Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2012
    Just been into live help and spoke to Tania about this issue heres what she said
    Tania:
    Nikki, This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible probably with in couple of hours you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.
    Lucky enough to have had many generous friends so I own the Sims 3 store.

I can normally be found lurking more now or in my bunker watching ads and attempting to kill wishlists :D
    I now have a sim story blog! It begins here https://chocchipniksimsblog.wordpress.com/current-story/getting-started/
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well seems they are aware of it so great
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you, chocchi, for letting us know. A big issue like this, the gurus ought to be on here letting us know themselves.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you, chocchi, for letting us know. A big issue like this, the gurus ought to be on here letting us know themselves.

Thats slightly unfair on the gurus, they may be asleep or its not their work hours yet, they cant be expected to monitor the site 24 hours a day.
  • Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited July 2012
    Well seems they are aware of it so great

Perhaps a Guru could post on here and give us some informations? EA is always quiet and it's getting annoying, they did the same thing with Steam when they decided to not put the upcomings EP's and SP's on steam, not a single word from EA.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited July 2012

Thats slightly unfair on the gurus, they may be asleep or its not their work hours yet, they cant be expected to monitor the site 24 hours a day.

Yeah, aren't the main offices based in the US? It's preeeeety early over there :lol: I doubt anyone is even awake.
  • Options
    nasonexdropnasonexdrop Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2012
    The gurus should be monitoring what is being said to them especially about the missing simpoints and people's accounts. EA never apologise for their mistakes I have nearly 20,000 simpoints in my account
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I agree with the others. There should be some form of official word posted. Since there have been odd glitches, first giving points, and now apparently deleting points one would automatically assume glitches are abound around here.

Telling us officially would put a stop to the massive panic, but I don't think it will calm the anger and upset feelings.