Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion pack do you hope for next?

Comments

• Options
    TeachergalTeachergal Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    PETS!!! Remember the magic one from the original game???
  • Options
    Summersethomes5Summersethomes5 Posts: 450 Member
    edited July 2009
    pets first, seasons second....the rest I didn't really care for.
  • Options
    Summersethomes5Summersethomes5 Posts: 450 Member
    edited July 2009
    Ambra13Sim wrote:
    Lilq156 wrote:
    I don't know if anybody has came up with this. But What about The Sims 3 Religons.
    Good idea huh? :D

well i would NOT buy that. And there are a LOT of Religions so what Religions would you put in??

Im thinking it would probably be the one were you get on your knees and splash holy water on your face or they could do a muslim one in honor of our president and we'd get nice burka's to wear that covered us from head to toe along with a "beat for showing ankle" option
  • Options
    blindfold63blindfold63 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think that a totally new expansion pack would be a fun idea- Murder Mystery! A la Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie. This one would include furniture/clothing from the late 1800s and early 1900s, along with the same-period hairstyles. An accessory for the males would be a pipe. There could also be interactions and scenarios to solve whodunits. That would be totally cool.

Aside from Pets, Seasons, more jobs and a heck of alot of content that used to be in; have to agree with Wild in as far as different themes. In the past a great many mods have been made to capture some of these: medieval, complete with clothing and unique items, Gone with the Wind, the Twenties etc...late 19th century the best though. Would be nice if we could see some of that
  • Options
    mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Mexuno wrote:
    Lilq156 wrote:
    Samr883 wrote:
    Lilq156 wrote:
    I don't know if anybody has came up with this. But What about The Sims 3 Religons.

No. /End
    well The Sims 2 Seasons wasn't the worlds best expaintion pack.Well that's what i belive in my book.The Sims 2 Nightlife was the best Sims2 expainsion EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zero religious input is the one reason i play the Sims, there is never any war or hatred and i like that.

i have to admit, when seasons came out i was really excited to see snow and rain, but that was short lived, as much as i lived making magic for Sims 1 i always ended making everyone magic and it just wasn't "realistic" anymore, at least with the vampires and the werewolves, they weren't thrust in your face and some people didn't even know they existed within the game which is how it should be... subtle but awesome! i do like the concept of mythic creatures, just as long as they're in the background.

we do definitely need more fauna eg, deer that visit wooded lots, birds that will come and sit on your balcony and sing etc. this could be implemented in the seasons expansion pack, or perhaps pets.

There are religious type things in the Sims. Christmas trees, Hanukkah Menorah, and other items are all religious. I do agree with you about more fauna and wildlife. It would add to realism.
  • Options
    AdzishAdzish Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I want a pets expansion pack, I'd love to see it work with the seamless neighbourhood, but without random dogs walking past you, cats would be fine though! :)
  • Options
    DustinHall13DustinHall13 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to see an expansion like Open for Business
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ambra13Sim wrote:
    Lilq156 wrote:

well i would NOT buy that. And there are a LOT of Religions so what Religions would you put in??

Im thinking it would probably be the one were you get on your knees and splash holy water on your face or they could do a muslim one in honor of our president and we'd get nice burka's to wear that covered us from head to toe along with a "beat for showing ankle" option

haha, i doubt that if they did do a religion EP (which the won't) they'd put that in. Though I'd love to have my sims worshiping the almighty Llama God at the Church of the Llamas.

(And if you're talking about Obama, I'm pretty sure he's Christian, not that I give a crap what he worships, as long as he can actually be a good leader.)
  • Options
    stargemSM1stargemSM1 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Since they included farming in the base game, one that had seasons would be nice. However, I would love apartments. I'm an apartment dweller myself and when TS2 came out with that final expansion, I was estatic!!! I built a smaller version of the complex I live in now...it was so cool!!

I also like the idea of nightlife, owning or at the very least have the ability to build/design businesses...waiters/waitresses, podium the whole enchilada...that would be nice.

Give us, the players, more freedom!!!! PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    Jelw27Jelw27 Posts: 64 New Member
    edited August 2009
    pets pets pets please!
  • Options
    ghfgfchtctrtgughfgfchtctrtgu Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :thumbup:better wall angle and round walls to make more house designs
  • Options
    prudence999prudence999 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think that seasons should have already been put in the game, its so realistic in some ways and yet it never rains or anything, whats that about? and the pets expansion pack was the best one, i hope they bring out one for sims 3
  • Options
    creativegal16creativegal16 Posts: 503 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i just want something new...not something i have played before (sims 2 EP's)

The Ep's should not remotely be similar to previous ones.....I want something new....new
  • Options
    Simjay2Simjay2 Posts: 285 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't want rehashes. I want new ideas.

As it stands, weather is the only part of the Seasons expantion I'm missing, and weather isn't a basis for an expansion.

I want a fantasy expansion and my Vampires and Aliens back. More instruments and the abilty to form a band would be nice as well. That is all.
  • Options
    ingo17ingo17 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    lovidovi wrote:
    Think most people here seem to agree on Seasons :) But also Pets, and as someone else already here said is done differently...

I would also like to see a Supernatural expansion pack, with magic and aliens and vampires.. and more interesting then they made the ghosts ;)

i like this idea :D
  • Options
    tilatequilaismtilatequilaism Posts: 819
    edited July 2011
    Something along the lines of magic and mythological creatures would be awesome and new.
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm really hoping for seasons. That expansion pack has so much potential with the open neighborhood.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2011
    This is very old thread , But I want seasons for sims 3
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2011
    I just want my game to run right, but I would like Seasons next.
  • Options
    miktigermiktiger Posts: 2,234 New Member
    edited July 2011
    :?

I hate old thread bumpers.

But I want Makin Magic. I could honestly care less for Pets or Seasons.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2011
    I want an expansion pack that fixes the bugs left over from all the other expansion packs.
  • Options
    BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't mind what comes next :-o
    I'd like seasons, but I'd really like a makin' magic EP
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'd love for the stuff packs to stick to what they do best; adding something new and different to the game, not old and similar like outdoor living did or like town life will do.

I'd like for them to make themed stuff packs. Like 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s. They haven't done that in the previous series. Time goes by and the town can't be stuck in the same era forever.

I'm talking about fashion...clothes and hairstyles heavily depicting individual decades. Furniture and interior also. Adding typical things that represented each decade. In that way one could bring back certain elements that have also been used in previous games. I'm thinking TS1 in particular. Like the ice cream parlour and candy shop from hot date. It would make TS3 a lot more stylish than giving us helmet hairdos and bizarre outfits. I love the 50s/60s theme that TS3 brought with the game. I aboslutely loved it because that would be my favourite era when it comes to fashion and design. But it would have been fun to make that theme a bit more prestigious or more dominating. By adding playable venues representing such. Not the rabbit hole concept.

And also...I'd like for TS3 to have a greater soap opera feel to the game. It could be more on a social level. We have traits that so far have been great, but evil could do so much more. Say if I had a gold digger who had the evil trait and wanted to see her husband dead it would have been fun to give more material to that character. Like poisoning the spouse (without sounding to grotesque). Or someone who's mean-spirited to not only be nasty towards other sims but also scheming and devious. In work relations and such. Sabotaging for others. Meaning using the already existing material but building on it. Having someone who's friendly bake cookies for the new neighbours or something. I think that would bring the characters a step further to become more lively and interesting. I feel that the soap opera setting is there, but it would have been fun to have an option for one to have a rendevouz with a secret lover at some cheap motel or a rich family to have a feud over a deceased member's will. Typical soap opera elements :D

When it comes to expansion packs in general..I don't really want ******** games of previous series. Seeing how TS3 is at this rate. Halfway through and yet it feels as if we've missed out a lot. So I'd like EA to think expansion packs that can stay within a community. Obviously seasons will be to ambitious and a vacation EP has been badly reincarnated (so people say) in the form and shape of WA.

So how about an expansion pack that can be used on something that already is. Several of the pre-made towns have beaches...why not make them more functional in a new EP? And have a camping feel in forms of say....a lot where sims can camp on in tents and have that camping feel? I'd like to see something that can bring the community even more together. Rabbit holes makes the game a bit cold and boring. I'd like to see some of the rabbitholes opened up and have an open for business feel to it. We can already own venues, so why not be able to run them personally too? I think that would have been nice.

I mean....if we're halway through the EPs/SPs and obviously can't hold our breath for bigger concepts like seasons. Why not just build upon what we already have? And use the next games to give us a rich variety of social options/activities, clothing, hair, venues (not rabbit holes) but with new concepts that haven't been used before? Instead of reincarnating several games that will not live up to the firt version because of the capasity and such.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    xXSims3XxXxXSims3XxX Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2011
    Seasons!
    Pets *Oh wait its comming in the fall ;) *
    University!
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Such an old thread...