Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    Roxy24Roxy24 Posts: 2,412 New Member
    edited July 2009
    DID YOU KNOW...
    ...I'm a SIMS addict...its true!
  • Options
    BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2009
    It's probably only new to me, but I found out that you can harvest apple trees in the park.
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know?

You use "try for baby" with best friends and there is no love required so they will not get angry when you try again with their roommate. :twisted:
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited July 2009
    Beccaree wrote:
    It's probably only new to me, but I found out that you can harvest apple trees in the park.

If your a level 10 gardener,you can feed the Omni plant behind science facility a deathfish and come back and harvest 4 deathfish.
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know, if you have 2 sims making dinner (seperately) they will start a convo.
  • Options
    CholeDeLioncourtCholeDeLioncourt Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if anyone already posted this I haven't had time to read through this whole post yet but if you put a teddy bear in your child's inventory he will sometimes sleep with it and a mood let that say "cuddle time" and is wroth +20 points to their moon for five hours every morning.
  • Options
    CRENA92CRENA92 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ok I got a few questions...here goes...

1) how can I mix the food, like for instance my pregnant girl wanted to have grapes with her spaghetti, how does that work? (or cobbler with grapes) :shock: :?: :?

2)Where can u find the life tree seed? I've been lookn for days. I have found 3 tree seeds and 4 flame bush rofl..But no life, any ideas? :shock: :wink:

3) what exactly is the flame bush for? :shock: :?:

Thanks!!!!!^.^

Oh and I found out that the gnome for the garden moves!!!! I aint kidding u my girl got one from fishing and it moves on its own into random places!!!!O.o I am scared, this better not be a chucky thang...O.o Seriously...

1. To correct anyone who thinks you cannot "mix" fruit... YOU CAN!
    Not on your own or anything similar to that.

My pregnant sim wanted Cobbler with Grapes. She kept making cobbler with flame fruit and I didnt understand why. I opened the fridge and the first fruit/vegtable was the flame fruit.

All you have to do is make sure whatever you want to mix with whatever food you choose is in the beginning of the fridge item list.

2. I honestly have no idea. You can get a purchable life and flame fruit here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345607

all you have to do is plant it and it does basically the same thing.

I can't answer 3.

hope this helps :]]]]]
  • Options
    bellernoodlebellernoodle Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haha I love how when they eat, they like make coughing noises as if they are choking.
  • Options
    xxmaddixxmaddi Posts: 503 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haha I love how when they eat, they like make coughing noises as if they are choking.

Really? I can't stand that!
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2009
    did you know that if you break up with someone and there is other people around you they all make fun of the person getting dumped x)
    [the ghost was getting dumped here]
    202w53.jpg

Very interesting and funny!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Here's a few .. DID YOU KNOWS?

Ok..

1. When mommy and daddy are 'woohooing' in bed and the child of the house walks in on them, they both jump out of bed and everyone has an "embarrassed" moodlet...

That's really funny!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Roxy24 wrote:
    DID YOU KNOW...
    ...I'm a SIMS addict...its true!

Yeah, it is true!!
  • Options
    solanarisolanari Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone noe how to get an omni plant seed? The games says that you can plant it when you are level 10 for gardening but they don't tell you where to get the seed. :(
    p.s. Did you know that your sims can puke on the floor and stuff if there's no toilet bowl around? (the vomit is kinda scary though)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know there are birds in the sky flying in a V formation?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know there are birds in the sky flying in a V formation?

They're cats actually...
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if this has been mentioned because I'm not into reading so many pages but...

Did you know you can drag dishes straight into the garbage can?

Did you know you cannot place guitars on community lots? (I found that out the hard and very annoying way when I was trying to make a performance space as an excuse to put guitars somewhere for my legacy sims to learn the guitar skill)
  • Options
    ELPIDA88ELPIDA88 Posts: 560 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i am new and i wt some cheats for my ts 3 can u hlp me.i knw only ones cheat the ''motherlode''!!!!!!!!!!AND I HAVE BORN IT!!!
  • Options
    dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    solanari wrote:
    Does anyone noe how to get an omni plant seed? The games says that you can plant it when you are level 10 for gardening but they don't tell you where to get the seed. :(
    p.s. Did you know that your sims can puke on the floor and stuff if there's no toilet bowl around? (the vomit is kinda scary though)

You will have to pay attention to your opportunities. Stating at level 8 gardening and then at 9 and 10 there are specific opportunities that will arise do not skip them. You need to do the opportunity missions to receive the omni seeds. I didn't know the first time and got screwed but if you are vigilant you will be rewarded. "You snooze, you lose"
  • Options
    edited July 2009

What have you found out? :P[/quote]

2. Sims don't even use the toilet paper if you buy it for them

[/quote]

I noticed that too...so I force my sims to shower after every toilet useage. LOL!

Maybe they are afraid they will run out. But hey I'll buy them more....I mean... I do every thing else around the house. Am I the only one that knows how to put the toilet paper on the roll in this house?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2009
    Do we really need to see the sims wipe themselves? LOL no
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Coughing means that they are full and they will start getting fat if they continue to eat like that. Watch their hunger bubble while they eat and you will notice that they cough as soon as it is full.
  • Options
    MidnightAgendaMidnightAgenda Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Alisox wrote:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned because I'm not into reading so many pages but...

Did you know you can drag dishes straight into the garbage can?

Did you know you cannot place guitars on community lots? (I found that out the hard and very annoying way when I was trying to make a performance space as an excuse to put guitars somewhere for my legacy sims to learn the guitar skill)

Actually, You can (for the guitar thing)

I played the rock star in riverview and I noticed that he would keep picking up guitars around the house even though he already had some in his inventory- so when he went to city hall to change his name to something more appropriate for a rock legend her was paying in front of it and I just grabbed guitars from his inventory and left them in front of city hall so he could sign them and the kleptos could steal them or whatever...

Actually i dont know why I did that but I did and now I know.

Edit: I suppose that you just can't do it from buy mode ont he lot, you have to have one of your sims drop it on the lot.
  • Options
    SmartiezSmartiez Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    how do you get medical advice in the sims3
  • Options
    KaiyahKaiyah Posts: 1,194 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just had a hilarious mishap in my game yesterday.
    *Ahem*

Did you know that sims who catch on fire can run into a shower and put themselves out? :lol:

I thought she was just running around in a panic, but then she ran screaming into the bathroom and voila! Instant shower fix. XD I loled pretty good at that one.
  • Options
    ApplesodaApplesoda Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Smartiez wrote:
    how do you get medical advice in the sims3

my pregnant sim could go to the hospital for medical advice for 200 simoleons, but it didn't really do anything for me. Some sims that are high enough in a medical career i think can give medical advice and determine the gender of a sims baby =]