Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask the Prima Guide: I'll Answer Your Questions the Best I Can.

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    xviviansaidzxxviviansaidzx Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2011

I have lots of detail on my game guide if anyone is interested to take a look, including a full list of breeds with photos. :-)

Thanks for the link! I'm catching up on things I missed :wink:
  • Options
    23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited October 2011
    What is this prima guide and why does everyone want it?
  • Options
    TakieTakie Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    As a slightly related or unrelated question really.. I was just wondering if the Prima Guide was worth buying? I was thinking of getting one and I know it's not as if it's overly expensive but what does the Prima Guide offer?

Considering Sims isn't really a levelling game.. and there's no winning or losing involved. I'm assuming the Prima Guide goes into further details with regards to certain areas and aspects of the game that may possibly be missed?
  • Options
    DonnaBothaDonnaBotha Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have two questions about pets' pregnancy.

1)How many puppies/kittens/foals can pets give birth to? I've heard for horses it's only 1 foal and for dogs/cats 3 puppies/kittens. When they get the Fertility Treatment Reward, they will be able to reproduce more offspring than 3(dogs/cats) and 1(horses), right? So, what will be the maximum number of their babies?

2)Will their belly get larger throughout their pregnancy? Like Sims. Because I'm dying to see a pregnant Dalmatian or a horse! :D

Thanks in advance, 5 more days left to go! Woo!!! :lol:

For horses, it's only one foal.
    For cats and dogs, it says it generates a random number of puppies/kittens, but from what I've seen in the book, it will be 2-3.
    It doesn't show any pictures, or state anything about their tummies, but I sure hope they get bigger! How cute!
    In one of the first Sims Pets ads cats and horses can nuzzle each other, and I saw other videos by Simmers showing friendly interactions between the main three pets.

In another ad I saw a bird sitting on the back of a dog. Can they really interact like this, or is it just ad magic?

The pets can definitely interact like this. Dogs can be friends with cats, cats with horses, horses with dogs, ect. I am unsure about the bird sitting on the dog, but they definitely can have interactions :)
    smjjames wrote:
    Could you answer these?

2. Does it say anything about what we can do with the fossils? Like assemble them or just display them?

3. Are there various kinds of fossils other than just dinosaur bones? Such as ammonites, other bone fossils, you name it...

Also, is there anything about being able to create and save your own breeds that can be chosen as a custom made breed for later? Its something that probably just about everybody would like to know.

When a dog has collected all the fragments of a collectible, a Reconstruct interaction becomes available. Thats all it really says about that.
    But fragmented collectibles include: Mini Dinosaur skeleton, Stone Hydrant Sculpture, Diamond Dog Sculpture and "Early Sim" Skeleton.
    23sha28 wrote:
    What is this prima guide and why does everyone want it?

The Prima Guide has everything pets in it. It tells us what will be included in the game, gives us helpful tips and tricks ect.
    Takie wrote:
    As a slightly related or unrelated question really.. I was just wondering if the Prima Guide was worth buying? I was thinking of getting one and I know it's not as if it's overly expensive but what does the Prima Guide offer?

Considering Sims isn't really a levelling game.. and there's no winning or losing involved. I'm assuming the Prima Guide goes into further details with regards to certain areas and aspects of the game that may possibly be missed?

I bought the Prima Guide, purely because I have the whole week off, and would go crazy of boredom and impatience. If you can wait for the game to come out, then I say wait. I've never gotten a Guide before, and always do fine without it. If you can wait until you get the game, you will probably figure everything out then, and can always ask us questions. But, I do find it quite helpful and a lot of information to read :)
  • Options
    Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sorry if this has been posted, just skipped to the last page :P Gonna read it all after,.. but,... Do pregnant pets get bigger like our sims do when their pregnant? ^^
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • Options
    DonnaBothaDonnaBotha Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011
    DonnaBotha wrote:
    It doesn't show any pictures, or state anything about their tummies, but I sure hope they get bigger! How cute! :)

P.S. - I so understand not wanting to read it all :P
  • Options
    Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    edited October 2011
    Lols! I know right? :P
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2011

When you create a pet in CAP and exit, the game will prompt you that you need one Sim in the household (you have to agree) and will automatically throw the pet into the neighborhood bin. So yes you can create a pet and add it to any family.

Okay, so to understand what you are telling me...I can create any number of pets, just agree that there needs to be one Sim in the household, but the game will put just the pet in the family bin so that it can be added to the household, but will not let you place the pet alone on a piece of land, right? That's what it sounds like to me, at any rate.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited October 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Okay, so to understand what you are telling me...I can create any number of pets, just agree that there needs to be one Sim in the household, but the game will put just the pet in the family bin so that it can be added to the household, but will not let you place the pet alone on a piece of land, right? That's what it sounds like to me, at any rate.

Any number of pets up to the max (6, isn't it?), that's right. You can see this behavior in the demo with Twallan's mod :) I actually have a couople of pet families in my bin right now, that I created when I had CAP installed... pretty sure I would crash my game if I tried placing em before Pets is installed though ;)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited October 2011
    I might get it at the store as I have the base game one:)
  • Options
    JessSpoon92JessSpoon92 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited October 2011
    DonnaBotha wrote:
    In one of the first Sims Pets ads cats and horses can nuzzle each other, and I saw other videos by Simmers showing friendly interactions between the main three pets.

In another ad I saw a bird sitting on the back of a dog. Can they really interact like this, or is it just ad magic?

The pets can definitely interact like this. Dogs can be friends with cats, cats with horses, horses with dogs, ect. I am unsure about the bird sitting on the dog, but they definitely can have interactions :)

Thanks! I'm glad there are some interactions this time, instead of just cats trying to eat small animals. :twisted:
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited October 2011
    DonnaBotha wrote:
    When a dog has collected all the fragments of a collectible, a Reconstruct interaction becomes available. Thats all it really says about that.
    But fragmented collectibles include: Mini Dinosaur skeleton, Stone Hydrant Sculpture, Diamond Dog Sculpture and "Early Sim" Skeleton.

Thank you so much for answering this. Ok, Stone Hydrant and Diamond Dog are ridicolous like the petrified fruits. But I´m really looking forward for Mini-Dino and Early Sims. :lol:

PS.: With the new Medieval Expansion, they can dig out trilobites!

Edit: I do not know, why my answer (bold letteres) is displayed as quote?
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Awgust wrote:
    bluescar77 wrote:
    Oh and how big are box stalls? Like 6 x 6 or what?

I think I can answer this... I believe they are about 6 x 8.

Here's a link to the picture...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6073186191/in/set-72157627377030489

(Oops... double-ish post)

...Don't get me wrong the stall looks great but, well aren't horses gonna do the deed in there? :oops: They'll be awfully exposed.

I wanna know! I don't want to have to be afraid to look at my computer!
  • Options
    onionthechickenonionthechicken Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2011
    How long does it take to earn/lose traits through reinforcement?
  • Options
    suicide69dancersuicide69dancer Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    1)How many puppies/kittens/foals can pets give birth to? I've heard for horses it's only 1 foal and for dogs/cats 3 puppies/kittens. When they get the Fertility Treatment Reward, they will be able to reproduce more offspring than 3(dogs/cats) and 1(horses), right? So, what will be the maximum number of their babies?

From what i've seen, you cant give fertility treatment to horses ;)

From my personal experience, Horses can have 1-2 foals, Dogs/Cats can have up to 5 puppies/kittens depending on how many sims are in the household. Dogs/Cats have fertility treatments, Horses do not from what I have been able to figure out so far.