The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask the Prima Guide: I'll Answer Your Questions the Best I Can.

Comments

• Options
    JeramooJeramoo Posts: 229 New Member
    edited October 2011
    @Jeramoo: The rabbitholes are also combined in Bridgeport for late night.

Thank you. Looks like I need to check out LN stuff a bit more (just got the game a couple of weeks ago). :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited October 2011
    peoinee wrote:
    KayO199X wrote:
    peoinee wrote:
    If it says anything i would like to know what rabbit holes are combined now i know i saw the school and sports center are combined what i want to know what other ones have either been combined or if like the public works building (police,military,city hall) has been redesigned
    Rabbit holes go like this in Appaloosa Plains...

Crestview High (School+Stadium)
    Dan Teeter's Gracery and the Koffi Cafe(Grocery Store+Cafe)
    Rustler's Den(Criminal Hideout)
    Wolfson's Hospital and Research Facility(Hospital+Science Lab)
    Hueber Associates & Kim Gould's Steakhouse(Offices+Bistro)
    Darris Teeter Art Theater(Theater)
    Walls Book'n Bath LLC(Bookstore+Spa)
    Appaloosa Plains Civic Center(City Hall+Police Station+Military Base)

Yay im so happy i want to have lots of lots lol and learn to build my nightclubs but the old towns just dont have the room so maybe i can finally do something with AP i want to play all the good parts of the eps but i want to play them with one family im ok not having my condos they dont look right anyway i miss Apartment life it was a proper apartment not a tall rabbit hole with a small house ontop

The problem with the combined rabbitholes is they are big lots and hard to place in other towns. I've tried with Barnacle Bay and Sunset Valley placing the ones from Bridgeport there after bulldozing the normal ones and the lot sizes are so big it won't let me.
  • Options
    KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Cool can you tell me who the households living there are and if any have any interesting back stories? :D
    i'll do my best.

Pelly Household: A washed up actress who lives alone with her dog.

Pinkerton: A former cosmetic surgeon (yes you can get plastic surguery in the next patch) who move to Appaloosa plains after a botched surgery on famous actor. He now works as GP at the Appaloosa plains hospital.

Parrot: A family that moved to Appaloosa plains from Hawaii. Includes a single mother, and her two sons (ones a teenager, the other's a child).

Schmidt: A single young man who live alone with his dog.

Marshall: An infertal couple that has adopted a foal to make up for their lack of a child. They are considering adoption.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2011

The problem with the combined rabbitholes is they are big lots and hard to place in other towns. I've tried with Barnacle Bay and Sunset Valley placing the ones from Bridgeport there after bulldozing the normal ones and the lot sizes are so big it won't let me.

well thats when you take the rabbit hole itself and rebuild a lot or like replace the school in SV i turned "moveobjects on" on and replaced city hall with the LN Rabbit hole and just kept it on the same lot also replaced the office building with the LN one now i can free up some more spaces
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited October 2011
    When I first found out about pets, there was this hype about a mechanical bull. Basically, an object that your sims ride to get the riding skill. Nowadays, I can't find any info on it. Does the guide say anything about it? Or do you think they got rid of it? Thanks!
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited October 2011
    Does it mention the town criminals? If there are any currently in that career or traits? Lol
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:
    Racooons are an annoying animal. They will attempt to eat any pet food that is left outside. They will also tip over your garbadge can. Sims can attempt to pet racoons, but most of the time, the racoon will bite. Pets can also chase and fight racoons.

This made me lol! I am having this exact problem in real life! I live in a small town...In the center pretty much. And racoons keep eating my cat's food! Lately I've also had some other visitors, such as opossums and this gigantic skunk! I learned my lesson when the skunk sprayed my neighbor's dog! Now my neighbors and I bring in our pet's dishes at night :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    peoinee wrote:

well thats when you take the rabbit hole itself and rebuild a lot or like replace the school in SV i turned "moveobjects on" on and replaced city hall with the LN Rabbit hole and just kept it on the same lot also replaced the office building with the LN one now i can free up some more spaces

Really I didn't know you could do that with moveobjects on. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Burn61Burn61 Posts: 87
    edited October 2011
    is there rabbits
    my sisters friend has one and she would be PEEVED off if there wasn't any

and can you actually keep a raccoon/deer?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Burn61 wrote:
    is there rabbits

Sorry, but there are only 3 types of rodents. The Rat, the Squirle, and the Woomrat(Guinie Pig). Edit: my mistake, there is also the chipmonk, Shrew, Hedgehog, and Chinchilla. However, these rodents cannot be bought, they have to be caught by a cat.

I also regret to inform you that there is no mechanical bull in the final game.

As for town criminals... I'm sure at least on of the people in the guide is a criminal, but the guide does not mention this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:
    Burn61 wrote:
    is there rabbits

Sorry, but there are only 3 types of rodents. The Rat, the Squirle, and the Woomrat(Guinie Pig).

As for town criminals... I'm sure at least on of the people in the guide is a criminal, but the guide does not mention this.

There are also rats and possibly hamsters. I think that is the first error this guide made they forgot to list them.
  • Options
    KAROLLINKA5943KAROLLINKA5943 Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2011
    Can you please tell how do we get a pet? I mean for people who haven't got a Pet Shop from LE. Do we have any places to buy them or just we need to use CAP to add pet to the family?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What's the name of the small waterfall park?
  • Options
    Burn61Burn61 Posts: 87
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:
    Burn61 wrote:
    is there rabbits

Sorry, but there are only 3 types of rodents. The Rat, the Squirle, and the Woomrat(Guinie Pig).

TEE HEE now to go tell her :lol:
    thanks for the info
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Can you please tell how do we get a pet? I mean for people who haven't got a Pet Shop from LE. Do we have any places to buy them or just we need to use CAP to add pet to the family?
    Thanks in advance.

Oh yes and to add to this does it mention if you can make a specific pet for a sim already living in the neighborhood and move the pet in with that sim?

In other words can you move a pet out of cas without having to create a sim and add to it?
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2011
    peoinee wrote:

Really I didn't know you could do that with moveobjects on. Thanks for the info.

yes just make sure the full rabbit whole doesnt go outside your lot space i dont think it will be usable then but even if it wont normally sit on a lot that cheat will allow it to be placed and it is still usable
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for looking :)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How small animals work is very similar to fish. All Small animals have their own container, which can be used to keep them as pets. Unlike fish, if you keep a small animal in your inventory long enough, it will escape. You can buy the 3 most common small animals for every animal house. The rarer animals need to be found in order to obtain them. Cats can hunt these animals and bring them to your sims. I'm not sure if Sims can collect small animals on their own.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Their saving the mechanical bull and vending machines for the sims 3 store.

Op does it say anything about any new romantic interactions between sims? In the patch notes it mentioned romantic sing o grams.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2011
    so if i am understanding what you said, some small animals that you collect are unique, and can only be caught by cats. Do dogs catch any of these by chance?

Cause if its only cats guess my families get horses and a cat lol. maybe a dog.

Does it also give a list of new homes that can be placed in neighborhoods?

Is the guide a big guide? meaning how many pages does it have?

Does it mention spawners for these animals that can be placed in other towns, or do the towns just spawn the animals without spawners?
  • Options
    ECampbell947ECampbell947 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2011
    1) Is there any mention about if u can ride horses that are preggy?
    2) Can u influence a baby pets gender b4 birth like u can with the human sims?
    3) How can u tell what gender the wild unicorn is I heard male & females look different but I just wanted to hear it from some1 with the guide.
    4) Will baby unicorns be able to use there ablilites right away or do they have to be adult unicorns to use their powers?

TYVM in advance!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Does it mention the ice cream truck and the collections feature? On the latter does it go into detail about collections folders?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    sirona66 wrote:
    so if i am understanding what you said, some small animals that you collect are unique, and can only be caught by cats. Do dogs catch any of these by chance?

Does it mention spawners for these animals that can be placed in other towns, or do the towns just spawn the animals without spawners?
    1. Although dogs also have the hunting skill, dogs do not hunt animals, they hunt for fossils and treasure.

2. No, it does not list the homes in the bin.

3. The guide is 174 pages long

4. It has a list of spawners for gems, metal, and insects, but not the small animals.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:
    sirona66 wrote:

1. Although dogs also have the hunting skill, dogs do not hunt animals, they hunt for fossils and treasure.

2. No, it does not list the homes in the bin.

3. The guide is 174 pages long

4. It has a list of spawners for gems, metal, and insects, but not the small animals.

thankyou it helps understand better. I was so curios on the dogs and cats. that makes sense now. So no spawners means they spawn in the towns on their own, like vampires and others. ok that makes sense. hope it doesn't overrun but i am sure it will. Thanks again for the answers.