The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask the Prima Guide: I'll Answer Your Questions the Best I Can.

Comments

• Options
    SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited October 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Two things:

1) Regarding the pet store: The pet store does not sell pets. It only sells accessories. You can adopt a pet or make your family in CAS and include a pet with the family. I am under the impression that you can't just create a pet by itself and add it to a family though, like you could in Sims 2.

2) Regarding rabbitholes: You can combine rabbithole buildings into a single lot if you use only the ones from the community lot building in build mode-the icon of the little building with the awning (not the ones in the community lot bin). Those don't come with any land, and can be placed in any lot provided that the lot is zoned "No Visitors Allowed".

I've done this myself without using any cheats, although I never use the Late Night Lots.

When you create a pet in CAP and exit, the game will prompt you that you need one Sim in the household (you have to agree) and will automatically throw the pet into the neighborhood bin. So yes you can create a pet and add it to any family.

• Options
    GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited October 2011
    Are you able to adopt a puppy?! Cause I really really want a puppy dalmatian for my simmy self!
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited October 2011
    bluescar77 wrote:
    Oh and how big are box stalls? Like 6 x 6 or what?

I think I can answer this... I believe they are about 6 x 8.

Here's a link to the picture...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6073186191/in/set-72157627377030489

(Oops... double-ish post)

...Don't get me wrong the stall looks great but, well aren't horses gonna do the deed in there? :oops: They'll be awfully exposed.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Are you able to adopt a puppy?! Cause I really really want a puppy dalmatian for my simmy self!

You can adopt puppies, kittens and foals. Unfortunately you cannot choose what they look like, however you can make changes in CAP once you adopt them. :-)
  • Options
    GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited October 2011

You can adopt puppies, kittens and foals. Unfortunately you cannot choose what they look like, however you can make changes in CAP once you adopt them. :-)

That's better than not being able to adopt a puppy at all.

Dalmatian is my fursona, so that's a great thing for me.
  • Options
    DonnaBothaDonnaBotha Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks! Also.. Are there pet shows where you can show pets for money or prizes?

From what I have read so far, no. But there is, what is called, a Trick Exhibition. Once the dog knows enough tips, the Sim can click on the dog, and choose Trick Exhibition. They find a spot nearby, put down a tip jar, and the dog works through the known tricks. Sims then gather and watch, and maybe toss money in the jar :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What traits can be learned by pets? For instance, can horses learn to be agile or fast or does that have to happen in create-a-pet? Also, can you confirm traits for each pet.

Traits are given in CAP, but they can change. By reinforcing certain behaviors, they can mold their pets into well-behaved pets. This includes horses, by praising it's fast trait (i.e. Gallop Around), it can learn to be fast, but if the sim fails to exercise the horse enough, it may become lazy.

-Adeventurous (D, C)
    -Agressive (D, C, H)
    -Agile (H)
    -Brave (H)
    -Clueless (D, C, H)
    -Destructive (D, C)
    -Fast (H)
    -Friendly (D, C, H)
    -Genius (D, C, H)
    -Hates Jumping (H)
    -Hunter (D, C)
    -Hydrophobic (D)
    -Hyper (D, C)
    -Independent (D, C)
    -Lazy (D, C, H)
    -Likes Swimming (D)
    -Loyal (D)
    -Neat (D, C, H)
    -Nervous (H)
    -Noisy (D, C, H)
    -Non-Destructive (D, C)
    -Obedient (H)
    -Ornery (H)
    -Piggy (D, C, H)
    -Playful (D, C, H)
    -Proud (D, C)
    -Quiet (D, C, H)
    -Shy (D, C, H)
    -Skittish (D, C)
    -Untrained (H)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Does it mention how long the age states are for pets? eg how long they are puppies/kittens/foals for, how long they are adults for and how long they are elders for?

I haven't read the age stages yet, but you can choose how long their life span is, or you can turn aging off. :)
  • Options
    xviviansaidzxxviviansaidzx Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:

2. The guide seems to indicate that the laundry system will be present in this game, even if you don't have Ambitions installed.

What do you mean by this? Does the game come with washing machines?

Sorry, if I come off as annoying or something, but you skipped my question hahah. :oops:
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 2011
    1. I'm just wondering where you can adopt strays... I mean where are they? Are they in the plains outside the maintown or do they walk around in the park?

2. How do we know if it is a stray, will they look dirty or will it just say STRAY on the simpalet or something??
  • Options
    ECampbell947ECampbell947 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Sorry just thought of this question...
    Are there any new cheat codes?
    if so hello instant unicorn :twisted:
  • Options
    plum_bobby220plum_bobby220 Posts: 293 New Member
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:
    Cool can you tell me who the households living there are and if any have any interesting back stories? :D
    i'll do my best.

Pelly Household: A washed up actress who lives alone with her dog.

Pinkerton: A former cosmetic surgeon (yes you can get plastic surguery in the next patch) who move to Appaloosa plains after a botched surgery on famous actor. He now works as GP at the Appaloosa plains hospital.

Parrot: A family that moved to Appaloosa plains from Hawaii. Includes a single mother, and her two sons (ones a teenager, the other's a child).

Schmidt: A single young man who live alone with his dog.

Marshall: An infertal couple that has adopted a foal to make up for their lack of a child. They are considering adoption.

Are these all of the families that the guide lists or are there more?

I would hope not. Simsvip will be adding households to her guide thou. I know there is a crazy cat lady with 3 or 4 cats.

Yea I think her last name is Lionheart, which is funny because that is the last name of my legacy that I will start when pets comes out. (I may have to remove her to avoid confusion lol)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    KayO199X wrote:

2. The guide seems to indicate that the laundry system will be present in this game, even if you don't have Ambitions installed.

What do you mean by this? Does the game come with washing machines?

Sorry, if I come off as annoying or something, but you skipped my question hahah. :oops:

I'm having a look through, but so far cannot find anything about it. Maybe I'll leave this one to Kay ;)
    SumoB wrote:
    1. I'm just wondering where you can adopt strays... I mean where are they? Are they in the plains outside the maintown or do they walk around in the park?

2. How do we know if it is a stray, will they look dirty or will it just say STRAY on the simpalet or something??

Strays wander around everywhere (in Appaloosa Plains). They can wander onto your lawn, wander around town. Wild horses don't spawn in the city though. Stray's won't have collars, all household pets do. Not sure about horses just yet.
    Sorry just thought of this question...
    Are there any new cheat codes?
    if so hello instant unicorn :twisted:

Nothing new in the Guide yet ;)
  • Options
    ECampbell947ECampbell947 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2011
    rats...tyvm for looking :P :lol:
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have two questions about pets' pregnancy.

1)How many puppies/kittens/foals can pets give birth to? I've heard for horses it's only 1 foal and for dogs/cats 3 puppies/kittens. When they get the Fertility Treatment Reward, they will be able to reproduce more offspring than 3(dogs/cats) and 1(horses), right? So, what will be the maximum number of their babies?

2)Will their belly get larger throughout their pregnancy? Like Sims. Because I'm dying to see a pregnant Dalmatian or a horse! :D

Thanks in advance, 5 more days left to go! Woo!!! :lol:
  • Options
    onthewallabyonthewallaby Posts: 227 New Member
    edited October 2011
    1)How many puppies/kittens/foals can pets give birth to? I've heard for horses it's only 1 foal and for dogs/cats 3 puppies/kittens. When they get the Fertility Treatment Reward, they will be able to reproduce more offspring than 3(dogs/cats) and 1(horses), right? So, what will be the maximum number of their babies?

From what i've seen, you cant give fertility treatment to horses ;)
  • Options
    emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but can you take your pets on World Adventures? Thank-you!
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 2011
    emilyfenty wrote:
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but can you take your pets on World Adventures? Thank-you!

No we can't... I think it's okey with horses but c'mon ea why can't we bring our doggies??
  • Options
    JessSpoon92JessSpoon92 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited October 2011
    In one of the first Sims Pets ads cats and horses can nuzzle each other, and I saw other videos by Simmers showing friendly interactions between the main three pets.

In another ad I saw a bird sitting on the back of a dog. Can they really interact like this, or is it just ad magic?
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Could you answer these?

2. Does it say anything about what we can do with the fossils? Like assemble them or just display them?

3. Are there various kinds of fossils other than just dinosaur bones? Such as ammonites, other bone fossils, you name it...

Also, is there anything about being able to create and save your own breeds that can be chosen as a custom made breed for later? Its something that probably just about everybody would like to know.

@JessSpoon: Time will tell, literally. :)
  • Options
    BellalupaBellalupa Posts: 292 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Does the guide say anything about the pets being able to travel?
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Bellalupa wrote:
    Does the guide say anything about the pets being able to travel?

They can't.
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited October 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Could you answer these?

2. Does it say anything about what we can do with the fossils? Like assemble them or just display them?
    3. Are there various kinds of fossils other than just dinosaur bones? Such as ammonites, other bone fossils, you name it...

I can´t answer, but this could become my favourite feature in pets, if this is true. There were only hints, that there will be dino digs. So, if anyone can answer, please do!!! I will then give a great dinosaur hall to my natural history museum lot. Can´twait for four more days! :lol:
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure if anyone's asked this yet as I haven't read the whole thread, but are there any new plants for gardening? and if so, what are they and what catagory are they? (common, uncommon, rare or special)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cassy wrote:
    I'm not sure if anyone's asked this yet as I haven't read the whole thread, but are there any new plants for gardening? and if so, what are they and what catagory are they? (common, uncommon, rare or special)

Carrots are being added. That is all. No other collectibles for Sims. There are new Fragments that dogs can collect with the hunting skill.

I have lots of detail on my game guide if anyone is interested to take a look, including a full list of breeds with photos. :-)