Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAP Demo - ♦ Issues & Solutions Here ♦ - New CAP Demo Available - See First Post

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Do you happen to know if I label my folders Sims3.old and Mods.old like Twallan said that I can re-install the demo and continue using it and the Sims 3 game itself?
    Seeing how that is Step One in the Factory Reset I always do, I would think so.

However, that's just theory. I don't want to try it myself, as I had my chance playing around with the demo and found it fun but not worth the trouble of all this.

I'll check my PC to see if my factory restart failed to keep the reinstalled DLC or not once it's cooled down from all the crap I had to do to it today. Poor thing. :(

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I actually am going to try and download it and play again. I made backups of important sims files, labled the "sims 3" folder as "sims3.old" and mods as "mods.old". Also took the mods out of the folder itself to my desktop for good measure. Twallan said to remove the "old" when you want to play the game again so we'll see if everything stays the way it should *crosses fingers*
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Do you happen to know if I label my folders Sims3.old and Mods.old like Twallan said that I can re-install the demo and continue using it and the Sims 3 game itself?
    Seeing how that is Step One in the Factory Reset I always do, I would think so.

However, that's just theory. I don't want to try it myself, as I had my chance playing around with the demo and found it fun but not worth the trouble of all this.

I'll check my PC to see if my factory restart failed to keep the reinstalled DLC or not once it's cooled down from all the crap I had to do to it today. Poor thing. :(

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I actually am going to try and download it and play again. I made backups of important sims files, labled the "sims 3" folder as "sims3.old" and mods as "mods.old". Also took the mods out of the folder itself to my desktop for good measure. Twallan said to remove the "old" when you want to play the game again so we'll see if everything stays the way it should *crosses fingers*
    You're braver than me. :)

Looking forward to your report!
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited September 2011
    Here I go!
    1- Only that my saved game was deleted and my store stuff was uninstalled. Everything I had from the store reinstalled without any problems.

2- Windows XP Pro

3- Collections and Saved Outfits.

Specifically these two: Collections and SavedOutfits or any others?

4- I removed that folder before installing CAP, readded it after I uninstalled CAP.

5- English US

6- Same as above

7- Digital Download of the Physical Version.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    You're braver than me. :)

Looking forward to your report!

May take a while...college internet = demo downloading slowwwwwly:roll:

And don't worry, I have all of my school work done:wink:
  • Options
    jacskel689jacskel689 Posts: 1,105
    edited September 2011
    Nevermind! I figured it out XD But now almost all my CC is gone! You've got to be kidding me! :evil:
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited September 2011
    1- Store Content and Downloads Removed from the Game (Missing Objects Warning)

2- Windows xp Professional

3- Yes

4- Mods were removed

5- English

6- English

7- Disc
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2011
    1- Issue(s) you are having/noticing since installing the Demo
    My game loads fine , CAP loads fine, all items installed with the launcher are missing

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

those two

4- Do you have MODS?
    Yes. Master controller, Story progression and Overwatch are the major ones

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?
    English US

6- What language is your CAP Demo?
    Greek

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs?
    Physical

I'm currently restoring my Sims 3 folder from my backup on the 19th. I'm restoring it on a diff location. I'm planning to replace the current Sims 3 folder with the Backuped one, and rename it whenever i want to use CAP DEMO. Do you think this is going to work?
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited September 2011
    Problem.png
    This image keeps popping up whenever I try and use the launcher. If you can't read it, it says: "There was an error during start up. Please see the Log for more details". It's so sad because even if I do uninstall all the Sims 3 games I lost the base game disc...=(. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Problem.png
    This image keeps popping up whenever I try and use the launcher. If you can't read it, it says: "There was an error during start up. Please see the Log for more details". It's so sad because even if I do uninstall all the Sims 3 games I lost the base game disc...=(. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
    Solutions

:!: ♦ This First solution here seems to fix the Launcher issue when trying to play the Sims 3 game after the Demo is installed.

Step 1 - Delete the two highlighted files from the WorldCache folder

6173321913_808dd87ded.jpg

Step 2 - Delete the file in your DCCache folder named "missingdeps.idx"

♦ Before Installing the Demo, you can make the folder unfindable by temporarily renaming your "The Sims 3" folder, and when you're done with the demo, you can safely name it back to "The Sims 3"

♦ For those who can no longer play the Sims 3 game since installing the CAP Demo, please try Resetting your Game to Factory Settings to try and repair the game.

♦ If you lost your saved games, check How to Recover Saves for help on getting your lost games back.

Also you can look at my solution on Pg 8.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited September 2011
    @ XxDespairAngelxX
    You shouldn't need to uninstall/reinstall anything. Follow the instructions on the first page of this post, and everything should be fine. At least it was for me. I was having the same issue. Well, I did also had to reinstall everything in downloads in the launcher.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    kadanzkadanz Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    After reading the complaints on this forum, I stopped downloading and was thinking about trying it tomorrow but, I will wait until the game comes out. Thanks for the info on the demo guys. That's to bad cause I was looking foward to the demo.:/
  • Options
    Megs1116Megs1116 Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I used the create a pet demo for all of about ten minutes after I installed it through Origin. Then I uninstalled it from off of my computer and was going to switch back to my own game. When I pull up the launcher it says, "There was an error during startup. Please refer to log for more details." I tried to skip the launcher and went straight to ts3.exe in the game bin but when it launched, the game immediatley crashed. I'm pretty freaking irritated right now and I would extremely appreciative if someone could help me solve this.

edit: Nevermind, I apologize. I did not read the excerpt quoted from Twallan from the first page :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    Megs1116Megs1116 Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I take it back!!! All my installed content has been deleted!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm done with The Sims for now. :P

I assumed this "Demo" was a stand alone feature. I had no idea it would mess with my current game. I do have backups for just after Townlife, but I've built and edited so much since then.

I'm taking a very long break from The Sims and will only start up again if the EP after Pets is really good.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    I'm done with The Sims for now. :P

I assumed this "Demo" was a stand alone feature. I had no idea it would mess with my current game. I do have backups for just after Townlife, but I've built and edited so much since then.
    You and me both, CK. I'm glad I backed up my Hidden Springs edit, but man, you should have seen me panic when I got that "Objects were replaced" prompt.
  • Options
    InglouriousGrassInglouriousGrass Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Uh is anyone having issues getting on origin, like "Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable" kind of thing?
  • Options
    kristixlynnkristixlynn Posts: 215
    edited September 2011
    This is ridiculous how EA put this up and NEVER TOOK IT DOWN ONCE PEOPLE WERE REPORTING ISSUES. Now everyone else has to suffer. Seriously, what the hell?

All CC and Store Content is gone EXCEPT the lots I've downloaded. All items are missing in game as well.

Windows 7

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3
    Yes

Both.

4- Do you have MODS?
    None.

English

English

All physical
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Update. What i posted on page 9 works like a charm. replaced my Sims 3 folder with my backuped one and voila my game is as good as it used to be. Then i renamed it, opened CAP played a bit with it , closed it, and checked my EA folder. a new sims 3 folder has been created, which i renamed, then switched to my original sims 3 folder, named it back to what it's supposed to be and launched my game again. Everything is intact with no problems whatso ever. I just need to remember to rename the folders when i need to launch my game or demo.
    Once pets is out i'll rename my base sims 3 folder, unnisntall Demo delete the sims 3 folders it created (safe keep the pets i've saved) and name my sims 3 folder back before installing.
    Remeber guys buckup is your friend!
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited September 2011
    To start I had a hard time with the download because orgin was not working, kept telling me my password was no good. I think it took me almost two hours to get it to work. once I got pets the launcher kept crashing, but when I tried the launcher through town life it went through and loaded fine. I got all the way to my saved game, then exited cause I had no reason to try to play it. My store content did not get erased either. I did not remove my mods and CC until after I read some of the stuff on this thread. After I removed all that stuff the pets demo came right up with no problems. Made a cat, dog, and horse. Read some more on here and went and uninstalled the demo and deleted any files and folders that were created by the demo, also I deleted the DCCACHE and DCBACKUP folders, Put the mods and CC I have been using back in. started up the launcher reinstalled the store content. loaded up my saved game play tesed it, the exited with no problems. though I have most of my mods and CC in a folder on my desktop, about a month ago I decided not to bother playing till I got pets. so I have been making stuff to upload to the exchange instead.
    Windows vista
    Collections and SavedOutfits of which I have deleted both.

4- Do you have MODS?
    Yes. the major ones are Twallans, the pose player, the only ones I have on my desktop are the sliders.
    English
    English
    Physical Discs :|

I have a side question something I just noticed but I do not Know if It has anything to do with this. I looked in the Content Patch folder and found a file that was labled (DontBugMeUntilNextPatch) have you heard of this file before. I opened itin wordpad all that is there is the date 8/30/2011. :shock:
  • Options
    Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited September 2011
    I have followed the fixes for the launcher, and it is working again now.

I too, assumed the CAP would be a separate file (as was create a pattern, and create a world), as we were not informed otherwise, or that it would cause problems.
    I therefore did not make a backup.

HOWEVER, all of my store content, and cc (over 2,700 pieces) are missing. My downloads folder is also empty. I can redownload the store content, and possibly try to track down all the cc.

But all of my builds are now corrupt. Even with trying to go back to all my lots and replacing with content I will have to redownload, customizations/recolors will no longer be there either.

Is there going to be a fix for all of this? Will our games be restored to how they were?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    @marystarbright

That folder contains the latest fix for some store objects we got last month. As far as i know though , mine is not labeled like this. in my folder there is a ContentPatch.package file and another folder named Download that has another ContentPatch_0000.part file in it.

the same folder that was generated by the demo only has the download folder in it and that folder is empty.

so no idea where you got the DontBugMeUntilNextPatch thingy
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2011
    Please report the following info.

1- Issue(s) you are having/noticing since installing the Demo - I'm not having any issues with either my game or the Demo. I have extensive Sims Store downloads as well as some other cc; all are present and accounted for in my game. I also uploaded a couple of pets I made on the Demo.

Please note: I'm posting this to try and help those who are looking to solve issues others are having. If I post comparative stats or a "what is working", maybe it can give a base-line to help resolve others' problems.

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System - I have Windows 7; I also have all EPs and SPs installed as well as all patches.

These are the only two new ones I noticed.

4- Do you have MODS? Yes; I use Twallan's Master Controller and Overwatch. I didn't move anything or change anything prior to installing the Demo. I just did a routine back-up of my Sims 3 folder to another drive. I haven't had to re-install or re-download anything.

5- What language is your Sims 3 game? English

6- What language is your CAP Demo? English

I have been using all Digital since Late Night; the original game and all EPs and SPs prior to that were physical discs.

I will help with any other questions if I can. I won't be able to log back on until I return from work tomorrow evening, but have bookmarked this thread. If I can help further by giving more information, please let me know.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Uh is anyone having issues getting on origin, like "Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable" kind of thing?

With me it kept saying my password was no good and it would not connect me to were I could change my password. Even after I managed to change my password through the orgin site on line it still would not accept it. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the orgin downloader and town life, then I deleted the EADM installer that was still on my desktop. restrated my computer. and finally orgin strated to work again. This all started around 6:PM (sorry about the smilely face it is supposed to say) 6:PM.. 6pm Eastern standard time, I live in Virginia,Us. I hope this info is helpful to you. :)
    apparently the smiley face is out of control I will try this one more time
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    @marystarbright

That folder contains the latest fix for some store objects we got last month. As far as i know though , mine is not labeled like this. in my folder there is a ContentPatch.package file and another folder named Download that has another ContentPatch_0000.part file in it.

the same folder that was generated by the demo only has the download folder in it and that folder is empty.

so no idea where you got the DontBugMeUntilNextPatch thingy

I have not downloaded the store content patch. When it started showing up I went to the store to see what it was about. I dont have any of the stuff that it is updating. I have the Download Folder as well but it is empty. :?:
  • Options
    llynnyiallynnyia Posts: 2,251 New Member
    edited September 2011
    suzses wrote:
    @ XxDespairAngelxX
    You shouldn't need to uninstall/reinstall anything. Follow the instructions on the first page of this post, and everything should be fine. At least it was for me. I was having the same issue. Well, I did also had to reinstall everything in downloads in the launcher.

small problem i did all that and it worked ... then turned off my computer for dinner and had to do it all over again .... so restarted to see if i would have to every time and guess what yep problems re-occured so the only solution after talking for 30 minutes with a senior tech was to uninstall and reinstall everything though if you can find your save cashe then copy it and place it back into the folder after reinstall.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top