Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAP Demo - ♦ Issues & Solutions Here ♦ - New CAP Demo Available - See First Post

Comments

• jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited September 2011
    My game seems fine except all store content has to be re installed, game loads I by pass the launcher will test a bit more when I get home :o)

Windows 7, NO MODS or CC just store stuff :o)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    Ok, that was my situation and here's what I did:
    I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name :oops: as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo.

This totally worked for me!!! thank you!! i had already uninstalled it too. i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (i cant remember the name of it it was Build something or another but it was todays date and the time that i installed the Pets Demo so i got rid of it) then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!thanks!

My game is finally fixed. Follow these instructions if you were having trouble with the launcher not working.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited September 2011
    I installed the demo and got bored of it so I uninstaleld it and now when I went in game all my store items were gone! I have to install everything back into the game including the town my family was living in! (Hidden Springs) I have a PC.

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

Specifically these two: Collections and SavedOutfits or any others?

Yes, I have those

4- Do you have MODS?
    I took them out before installing because I read the forums before and people were saying to take them out. Then once I uninstalled I put them back..

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?
    English

6- What language is your CAP Demo?
    English

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs?
    Physical disks
  • Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    edited September 2011
    yea no problem its worked for a good few people!

I had already uninstalled the demo and everytime i tried to launch the game
    i got this message
    2pos7q9.jpg
    I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.File .dxp or something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name :oops: as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo.
    i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (buildmode_test_venkat_sims.package - delete these also- then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!

Margeh75 wrote:
    Sorry for my earlier outburst but i really was on the brink of crying. Yes i know how sad that sounds lol anyway someone helped me to get it to work again!

No problem :)

Can you tell me exactly what you did so I can add it as a solution to the front page? Thank you.
  • TJSlippermanTJSlipperman Posts: 79
    edited September 2011
    The only issue I had with the CAP demo was how it flagged almost all my Store/Exchange content as uninstalled...I did make sure to temporarily rename my Mods folder before launching the demo. When I was finished with the demo I went through the tedious task of reinstalling all my Store stuff (although in retrospect, I could've just deleted the missing.ipx and new WorldCache files judging from the last few posts) and my game still seems to play fine.

I didn't install the CAP demo program itself yet, all I did was remove the desktop shortcut...I'm not sure I'd want to risk corrupting my game by uninstalling the demo. :?

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name :oops: as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo.

This totally worked for me!!! thank you!! i had already uninstalled it too. i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (i cant remember the name of it it was Build something or another but it was todays date and the time that i installed the Pets Demo so i got rid of it) then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!thanks!

This worked for me my launcher came up however all of my store items are gone.
  • betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited September 2011
    vcosley wrote:
    Margeh75 wrote:

This worked for me my launcher came up however all of my store items are gone.

I want to try this, but how do I safely uninstall CAP without uninstalling the sims?
  • BlasphemieBlasphemie Posts: 246 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    Sorry for my earlier outburst but i really was on the brink of crying. Yes i know how sad that sounds lol anyway someone helped me to get it to work again!

I had already uninstalled the demo and everytime i tried to launch the game
    i got this message

i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (i cant remember the name of it it was Build something or another but it was todays date and the time that i installed the Pets Demo so i got rid of it) then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!

Thank you so much! You saved my day. This totally worked for me. All the stuff from the sims store is gone but can be redownloaded so not the end of the world (though it takes forever lol)

Thanks again for sharing and helping and to the OP for starting this thread <3 it is great that even though EA seems to be no help that the community is wonderful.
  • Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited September 2011
    :shock: I will not be downloading this :lol:
  • imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Whenever i make a pet the head is really small and doesnt even look like its attached to the body...? Help? :(
  • vetchickvetchick Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Bad graphics
    missing body parts
    can;t access my real game now
    may I go on?

I can't access my real game either
  • atreyoughatreyough Posts: 671
    edited September 2011
    1- Issue(s) you are having/noticing since installing the Demo
    Getting exception error do you wish to debug when trying to launch game

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System
    MAC
    3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3
    Collections, which I deleted along with the CAP demo

Specifically these two: Collections and SavedOutfits or any others?
    Collections

4- Do you have MODS?
    yes, took mods folder out before installing

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?
    English,US

6- What language is your CAP Demo?
    English,US

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs?
    both
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited September 2011
    Just want to thank the people who suggested fixes for this. I was in a real panic, but pulling out my save file and download file, renaming The Sims 3 as The Sims 3 old, and starting the game again worked.
  • Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited September 2011

Youre welcome! I'm glad it worked. I was so relieved to see my launcher load up properly. I understand your outburst. The Sims is like one of my only outlets as a mother of 3 and a student, so I get pretty upset when it doesn't work right as well :-)
  • Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited September 2011
    betty_me13 wrote:
    vcosley wrote:
    I want to try this, but how do I safely uninstall CAP without uninstalling the sims?

You just go to Start/ All Programs/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 CAP Demo/ Uninstall

This won't remove your Sims 3 game or Expansions, only the demo. Then go to Start/ My Computer/ C Drive:/ Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ In there you will find a folder named CAP demo or something, it has files in it DELETE the CAP Demo folder. For some reason uninstalling it CAP leaves this folder behind in the game file. I think that might be one of the problems people are having even after uninstalling it.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2011
    Deshong04 wrote:
    1. Only issue I've noticed so far is ALL TS3 store content gone from game. Pop up menu comes up saying something about missing items.

2. Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

3. Yes. If I'm correct there are: Collections and SavedOutfits folders

4. No, I do not use MODS nor CC and I do not download from the Exchange except some patterns from one of the sim gurus.

5. English

6. English

7. All of my TS3 games are physical copies.

To add on:

1. I noticed I can no longer run the launcher without the disk. Also when I try to reinstall the store downloads, it takes 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds for the loading screen to show up. They were patterns and I downloaded 10 at a time, but just decided to forget it as it would take forever to download everything when it's going so slow.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited September 2011
    *Ok, this seems to fix the launcher error*

Step 1 - Delete the two highlighted files from the WorldCache folder

6173321913_808dd87ded.jpg

Step 2 - Delete the file in your DCCache folder named "missingdeps.idx"
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited September 2011
    Got mine to work after doing this:

So I installed the demo, removed mods folder after it crashed(hadn’t seen Twallan’s message about conflict beforehand), created the 4 animals I wanted to most, saved them to my bin/2 on exchange and then I got the error for my other launcher.

Deleted all files in DCCache due to store items not staying installed, the 2 “building” in worldcaches, and uninstalled the CAP.

Launcher worked and I simply had delete the regular caches (the ones in sims 3 folder). Pressed “select all” of my store and a few cc downloads to re-install. They installed like a dream without me having to go back to the sims 3 store except for Barnacle Bay and Riverview, which for some reason were no longer installed (deleted the installed world caches for both before re-install)

The animals are still on the exchange and I see that the pets I created are in my “saves” for my regular Sims 3 game files folder.
    Also still have the “savedoutfits” and another one someone mentioned.

Will update if there are any hiccups still.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    Phew... that reinstallation process was a pain, but everything is back to how it was before the Pets Demo was installed (even though I would have loved it if the animations returned to my FOY, but at least it still functions after this factory reset/reinstall).

I'm going to shut down the PC so it can rest for a good while. Tomorrow, I begin the process of checking the status of my back-up saved games as far as those custom lots I made goes.
  • LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited September 2011
    Twallans' fix worked for me. Though I haven't tried to play the game. But I did make sure to back up my game first. I'll try getting on tomorrow.
    edited September 2011
    Just wanted to say, a quick glance over at the facebook page, and it seems that the DLC uninstalled problem is VERY wide spread. More people are reporting it, and even more people are saying "it's not EA's fault."
    edited September 2011
    UPDATE: all store items uninstalled. I can reinstall them and load up the game and they will be in my game. BUT if i close the game and start a new one. the store content will once again be uninstalled.

Delete ALL DCCACHE files but not the folder itself. Next, delete the regular caches (located in the general sims 3 folder near the bottom. Should be CasPartCache.pack, compositorCache.package,scriptCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package

Some may not appear if you don't have mods/custom. Not sure.

Finally, re-install all of your store items (should still be in the downloads section of the launcher). When it says installed click out of launcher, delete the general caches again (not the DCCACHE ones) and click the launcher again. They should stay installed now.

NOTE: Some worlds may not appear installed. I had to re-install Barnacle Bay and Riverview.

Hope this helped :)
    edited September 2011
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    UPDATE: all store items uninstalled. I can reinstall them and load up the game and they will be in my game. BUT if i close the game and start a new one. the store content will once again be uninstalled.

Delete ALL DCCACHE files but not the folder itself. Next, delete the regular caches (located in the general sims 3 folder near the bottom. Should be CasPartCache.pack, compositorCache.package,scriptCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package

Finally, re-install all of your store items (should still be in the downloads section of the launcher). When it says installed click out of launcher, delete the general caches again (not the DCCACHE ones) and click the launcher again. They should stay installed now.

NOTE: Some worlds may not appear installed. I had to re-install Barnacle Bay and Riverview.

Does this apply if you've done a factory restart after you uninstalled the demo? I'm becoming paranoid now...
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    ashcrash19 wrote:

Does this apply if you've done a factory restart after you uninstalled the demo? I'm becoming paranoid now...

Mine was not factory I just did the steps I listed on the previous page (had a lot more things I did on it) I believe that's on page 8.
    I would assume since you did a factory that all would be good.

My barnacle bay save was playing like normal even though BB wasn't actually installed anymore.
    I just re-installed them and am going to check my BB save to make sure it's still playable.

Do you happen to know if I label my folders Sims3.old and Mods.old like Twallan said that I can re-install the demo and continue using it and the Sims 3 game itself?
    edited September 2011
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Do you happen to know if I label my folders Sims3.old and Mods.old like Twallan said that I can re-install the demo and continue using it and the Sims 3 game itself?
    Seeing how that is Step One in the Factory Reset I always do, I would think so.

However, that's just theory. I don't want to try it myself, as I had my chance playing around with the demo and found it fun but not worth the trouble of all this.

I'll check my PC to see if my factory restart failed to keep the reinstalled DLC or not once it's cooled down from all the crap I had to do to it today. Poor thing. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top