Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAP Demo - ♦ Issues & Solutions Here ♦ - New CAP Demo Available - See First Post

Comments

• smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited September 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Ok guys, thanks to SimsVIP_Admin for making this thread. We have been chatting all evening (for me) trying to figure out what's going on but have not yet found a reason. It's all very confusing.

I'd say the main issues are: Game not starting and content being uninstalled.

I will do some research tomorrow for it's bed time for me now. I try to keep you posted in my blog and I'm sure SimsVIP_Admin will keep you posted here.

All I can do atm is advise you to either NOT install the demo at all or use a computer you don't have the game installed (or don't care about). Backup your stuff.

Keep bumping guys.

I don't really have a second computer to back it up on, so I did the renaming the folder .old as suggested in Twallans forum.

Again, I really do appreciate you and SimsVIP admin for helping us, many of us probably wish you guys were working for EA, or that at least EA cared as much as you guys do.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    All I can do atm is advise you to either NOT install the demo at all or use a computer you don't have the game installed (or don't care about). Backup your stuff.

Keep bumping guys.
    For those of us that have installed it, what should we do to start Simming again?

I'm willing at this point to just uninstall the demo, do a registry clean up, and then another factory restart. Good idea? Bad idea?
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

Keep bumping guys.
    For those of us that have installed it, what should we do to start Simming again?

I'm willing at this point to just uninstall the demo, do a registry clean up, and then another factory restart. Good idea? Bad idea?

I did the renaming the folder .old method, will that save my sims game for me? I hope it does, and at least I don't have much that needs to be downloaded and installed.
  • glitzyangelglitzyangel Posts: 1,100 New Member
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    I think I have come to the conclusion that I will not be installing the CAP demo until either EA fixes it with a patch or someone fixes the majority of people's problems with a good solution.
    I am so regretting now that I didn't wait like one hour with installing to check how other people games are working with that Demo :/
  • Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    edited September 2011
    This is absolutely ridiculous! There is absolutely NO POINT whatsoever telling us this information now, when the damage is already done. This should have been posted up first thing this morning, as a warning when we clicked the Create-a-Pets demo logo. A warning should have been done straight away advising people what to do. And what's EA gonna do. Sit back and do nothing as usual. Telling us to uninstall and reinstall everything, as usual cos they don't have any other info other than that! i am SOOO angry right now. I have been playing for months, built up towns,families, and story progression. Now totally gone. This is totally ridiculous.
    Ok,I made this thread for collecting info as it will make mine and Crinrict's testing and info gathering easier. Everthing wil be gathered and more info after testing will be available on Crinrict's Blog Post here.

MOD Users! Twallan has just posted the following message. Make sure to remove your mods folder or follow the instructions below.
    My mods are *NOT* compatible with the Create-A-Pet Demo, and I do not intend to do any work to make them so (I will be waiting until the full Expansion is released).

In order to get the application to work on my setup, it was necessary to rename the "The Sims 3" folder in your "My Documents" to "The Sims 3.old".

At the minimum though, you *must* rename the "Mods" folder to "Mods.old" to hide them while you are running Create-A-Pet.

Change the folder name back when you intend to play the full game.

----

WARNING:

Due to issues with uninstalling the Demo product, it is advised that you back-up your content folders prior to running Create-A-Pet for the first time.

Renaming the entire "The Sims 3" My Documents folder (as mentioned above) should stop any badness from occurring.

First and foremost please understand that this CAP demo is inter-connected with your existing Sims 3 Game. If you are installing it n a computer with current Sims Games please BACK UP & SAVE your current games.

♦ Second, you need to treat this Demo as a patch, all MODS and CC need to be removed from your game. The Demo is part patch and has installed new folders in the game file. Two new game files have been created with this Demo. Collections and SavedOutfits

♦ If you are going to install this Demo, please install it on a separate computer (without your games) until more info about the issues is tested and reported back.

♦ You will now have TWO Launchers One for the CAP Demo and one for your game.

Please report the following info.

1- Issue(s) you are having/noticing since installing the Demo

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

Specifically these two: Collections and SavedOutfits or any others?

4- Do you have MODS?

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?

6- What language is your CAP Demo?

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs?

• Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited September 2011
    Launcher Error. Launcher needs to close etc.

Windows
    3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

Yes, those 2

4- Do you have MODS?
    Yes, All Nraas mods
    Eng

Eng

Physical

Ok, that was my situation and here's what I did:
    I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name :oops: as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo. Then I went to My Computer/Local C: drive(or whatever location your game is installed on)/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/ There was still a folder named Pets Demo with files in it. I deleted that. Opened the launcher (with Mods in game) and it worked. The game loaded fine. Some CC was missing, but I was able to locate it in the launcher and I will put it back and see if it works. If the Launcher Error was your problem, then this might work for you too. I'm sorry if it does not :cry:

And Thank You to everyone trying to resolve this issue! What would we do w/o TS3 Community?!?!?!? :D
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited September 2011
    Question for CC users that lost CC. Was the CC in package form or Sims3pack form?

• Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    This is absolutely ridiculous! There is absolutely NO POINT whatsoever telling us this information now, when the damage is already done. This should have been posted up first thing this morning, as a warning when we clicked the Create-a-Pets demo logo. A warning should have been done straight away advising people what to do.

This is a Non-EA Party trying to help. They are not obligated to do so. I understand your frustration, but it seems like you are directing your anger to the person who started this thread and they are the ones trying to clean up the mess.
    edited September 2011
    Question for CC users that lost CC. Was the CC in package form or Sims3pack form?

Hmm, after I noticed that the demo was nuking the CC/store/downloads (I don't actually have CC as defined as CC, but I do have custom content in that definition), I saw that the library folder was empty. Thats where your installed CC stuff would be, right? In the .old folder, they are in .package form and in the .old folder where I redownloaded and reinstalled the stuff, the library has the files again, so I think that's what you're asking about.
  • Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited September 2011
    Oh, do please help us all!

Please report the following info.

-Store content, including worlds, and CC is no longer recognized by the launcher or the game. Games gives warning "Some content can not be loaded and has been replaced".

- The launcher has an error and will not work.

- Windows 7 Professional

Yes I had both of those.

4- Do you have MODS?
    - no, only CC.

English

US English

Discs.

I sincerely hope this can be fixed, with all content put back. We have all worked many many many hours/weeks/months building our lots, and do not want to have to begin all over.
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    This is absolutely ridiculous! There is absolutely NO POINT whatsoever telling us this information now, when the damage is already done. This should have been posted up first thing this morning, as a warning when we clicked the Create-a-Pets demo logo. A warning should have been done straight away advising people what to do. And what's EA gonna do. Sit back and do nothing as usual. Telling us to uninstall and reinstall everything, as usual cos they don't have any other info other than that! i am SOOO angry right now. I have been playing for months, built up towns,families, and story progression. Now totally gone. This is totally ridiculous.

How was I suppose to post the issues when they weren't reported yet? :oops: Now that they have been reported Crinrict & I are slowly finding solutions to help via testing.

Any time something new comes out for download (including game tools and demos) you should always backup your games. Please check the 3rd post of this thread for solutions that may be able to help right now.

• simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow, so many catches there's no way I'm dl'ing this. This should be a seperate application from sims, whose idea was it to combine them like this? Or, I suppose it has to be since it's sim related. IDK, but it's not worth it to me. I'll wait for the real thing, and it won't spoil this aspect for me.
  • XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    I think I have come to the conclusion that I will not be installing the CAP demo until either EA fixes it with a patch or someone fixes the majority of people's problems with a good solution.
    I am so regretting now that I didn't wait like one hour with installing to check how other people games are working with that Demo :/

Haha I'm glad I wasn't able to get the download so I went and looked at the forum first and wow am I not wanting to install this O.o
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2011
    All you have to do is move your mods and downloads folder to the desktop, go into the sims 3 folder and delete the 4 cache files and then delete the idx thingy from the dccache folder, you will get an ea connection error. Click ok and start the game. I didn't rename anything or back up anything before dl the demo and I can get into the game just fine.
    edited September 2011
    I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name :oops: as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo.

This totally worked for me!!! thank you!! i had already uninstalled it too. i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (i cant remember the name of it it was Build something or another but it was todays date and the time that i installed the Pets Demo so i got rid of it) then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!thanks!
    edited September 2011
    Just an asside: Don't go to Facebook right now.

Players reporting these bugs on their facebook page are being told that it isn't EA's fault, it's the player's fault.

That's right. Facebook fans are saying that it's the PLAYER'S FAULT that the DLC installed in their game gets uninstalled when they install the Pets demo. It's not EA's fault. :roll:

And they are being vicious about it to even the most kind person that asks.
    edited September 2011
    I only have DLC from the store, so I don't know which of those labels Store DLC falls under.

anyway, I'm starting my slow reinstall now. See you tomorrow.
  • BlasphemieBlasphemie Posts: 246 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Solutions

♦ Before Installing the Demo, you can make the folder unfindable by temporarily renaming your "The Sims 3" folder, and when you're done with the demo, you can safely name it back to "The Sims 3"

♦ For those who can no longer play the Sims 3 game since installing the CAP Demo, please try Resetting your Game to Factory Settings to try and repair the game.

♦ If you lost your saved games, check How to Recover Saves for help on getting your lost games back.

I am about to try the resetting my game back to factory settings. But should I delete the pet demo first? And if so how?

• KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2011
    When the Pet Demo launcher opens, My Uploads are there except that its in the demo and not the real game.
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name :oops: as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo.

This totally worked for me!!! thank you!! i had already uninstalled it too. i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (i cant remember the name of it it was Build something or another but it was todays date and the time that i installed the Pets Demo so i got rid of it) then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!thanks!

Wait a minute, those two files you mentioned that are in worldcaches, they might be part of the puzzle!

I've gone and deleted those two files as well from the .old file, who knows what the hell those will do.
    edited September 2011
    Sorry for my earlier outburst but i really was on the brink of crying. Yes i know how sad that sounds lol anyway someone helped me to get it to work again!

I had already uninstalled the demo and everytime i tried to launch the game
    i got this message
    2pos7q9.jpg
    i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (i cant remember the name of it it was Build something or another but it was todays date and the time that i installed the Pets Demo so i got rid of it) then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I LOVE YOU! YOU FIXED MY GAME COMPLETLY. EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN MY LAUNCHER IS FINALLY WORKING!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:

I followed these instructions and guess what? MY GAME IS BACK TO NORMAL. THANK YOU JESUS
  • glitzyangelglitzyangel Posts: 1,100 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I had mainly sims3packs. As for mods I used no memory mod and skins. So since mods stopped working my sims look weird. Blue and strange looking. Obviously something wrong is with their skins, normally EA skins should come back but it didn't happen this time.
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 wrote:
    Sorry for my earlier outburst but i really was on the brink of crying. Yes i know how sad that sounds lol anyway someone helped me to get it to work again!

No problem :)

Can you tell me exactly what you did so I can add it as a solution to the front page? Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top