Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want my money back

Comments

• Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited February 2011
    Lysistrata

Well said and I agree 100% about the people dissing/chastise us because we are complaining.
  • Options
    Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    edited February 2011
    I was just wondering if anyone else that has Outdoor Living Stuff got the digital download and NOT the disc, because i did, and i was just wondering if maybe that could be my problem, im having major issues where my game is constantly crashing to the desktop, i have talked to EA several times and nothing they have told me to do has really helped.....the problem persists. and i know its not the computer it's self or any program's in the background considering when i bought my computer i got a hard drive that was completely blank and put only what i wanted on the computer....I just want to be able to play my game, and was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

I mean really! Wake up, some of the people having problems are in IT you know!

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Please go and talk your bollocks somewhere else!

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Just because yours work doesn't mean we must accept the rubbish we have!

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

So, you too! Go play your Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B
    If my game works. And I have the same game as you. And we have a different computer. It is logical that the problem is not in the game but in the computer.

You have to understand it. It is easy to blame the game and EA for all. you better check the your computer and the programs installed on it, you'll see that 95 percent of problems are in it. :roll:

First off, as I stated above, EA customer support tells anyone who contacts them to report their issues/complaint/feedback HERE in the forums. So please stop jumping on people who post as per they were advised to do.

And think about it, everyone plays the game differently maybe your method of play is different from mine thus you don't see what errors I see and visa versa. And frankly you can't possible say that you do not have the car pile up issues (unless you have a mod). Everyone has it. Do you not have vampires and celebrities spawning like crazy? Maybe you are fine with those over-sites but some of us are not.
    Yes, but on the ''Technical Discussions'' subforum.

Constant and repeated posting one and the same posts on the forum that is not intended for that, is annoying.

EA can not make your game compatible with the all programs that exist.

Players have a duty to make sure to remove those programs that affect the operation of the game.

Annoying nagging does not benefit anyone.

At the EA computers game is running normally.

So it's normal that they can not correct problems that they can not find it because for them everything is okay. As with most players in the world.
  • Options
    KujataKujata Posts: 288 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I am perfectly fine trying to put my two sense in when it comes to comp problems. I've had some really nice simmers help me out with a few of my crashing issues (most of the time the comp just needed a full restart). But what gets me is when someone offers advice and the person needing the help gets sarcastic and rude. Despite the fact that she's repeated some of her advice a few times, or cleared things up, I believe Greneya has been rather helpful, even if the advice didn't fix the issue. You're alot more patient than I am, Greneya :)

But what I meant with the System's Check is run an antivirus system, clean out the computer's memory, and physically open up and clean the computer's mainframe. You can use one of the air in a can's as well. My family had this issue and it fried one of our computers because of a pile up of dust. Most comp repairs won't clean this out themselves, either. It's not where most people look.
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am so bloody sorry Amyeh that i (oops sorry can't use that word can me) that i am not a spelling/grammar genius! me didn't know me had to have a spelling/grammar test before me can post on the forum!
  • Options
    Bunchu8Bunchu8 Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2011
    I know some
    (sorry to all the people who aren't complaining or anything), i am sick and tired of seeing the same topic over and over and over and over again).

The thing is that it's good to let the steem out!! And we are doint it this forum because there is lots of people with the same problems and sometimes we get some tips on how to fix this game because it's really not EA that seems to be intersted in doing this. And we are also sick of people like you who don'ts seem to have problems with their game and that are acting like we are stupid and needs to buy ourselves a new brain before playing this game because it's too advance for us!!! (and yes I'm really jumpy today so don't bother posting about it I think everyone has noticed!)
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

If my game works. And I have the same game as you. And we have a different computer. It is logical that the problem is not in the game but in the computer.

You have to understand it. It is easy to blame the game and EA for all. you better check the your computer and the programs installed on it, you'll see that 95 percent of problems are in it. :roll:

First off, as I stated above, EA customer support tells anyone who contacts them to report their issues/complaint/feedback HERE in the forums. So please stop jumping on people who post as per they were advised to do.

And think about it, everyone plays the game differently maybe your method of play is different from mine thus you don't see what errors I see and visa versa. And frankly you can't possible say that you do not have the car pile up issues (unless you have a mod). Everyone has it. Do you not have vampires and celebrities spawning like crazy? Maybe you are fine with those over-sites but some of us are not.

Constant and repeated posting one and the same posts on the forum that is not intended for that, is annoying.

Players have a duty to make sure to remove those programs that affect the operation of the game.

So it's normal that they can not correct problems that they can not find it because for them everything is okay. As with most players in the world.

Perhaps you need to go read the posts from the Guru's... here is the quoted text and the link will follow, for you ease of finding.

Said by SimGuruHydra:

"Hi Simmers,

While we continue to investigate the issues many of you are reporting after the last update, below are tips and workarounds for the commonly reported concerns:

Invisible Sims issue - third-party content (mods, bad cc, etc) may be causing this issue. It's suggested that you try removing all third-party content.

The Bad Mood issue is currently being investigated. In the meantime, try this workaround - save your current game, exit game, then reload."

Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/299186.page

As you can clearly see, EA is looking into the massive complaints of these issues many have reported. So players who are doing as they've been instructed to do by EA Customer Support, posting bug/glitches/feedback here in the forums, are being productive in solving many aspects of the game that a large number of the player base is experiencing. We are being productive in assuring that this game functions as it should for all players, including you. Without those who point out the glitches your game wouldn't be as perfect as you claim it is.

However, I beg to differ that your posts in this thread are productive to the issue at hand or to EA.

NOTE: This thread is in this section because the person who started it had feedback on Outdoor Living Stuff. I jumped in because I wanted to support the person who commented that EA Customer Support asks us to post our issues/glitches/bugs/feedback in the forums because it is true, I was instructed to do the same by EA Customer Support.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:

Maybe a software developer like me can shed some light at your confusion.
    If ever a software does not run due to the existance of another software on the computer then it's clearly a misuse of direct memory addressing which should be avoided under all circumstances! You know, software runs in it's own application domain (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2bh4z9hs.aspx) - or better say, should run in it's own application domain. I know that every software I have installed on my computer goes with that rule BUT I'm not sure about Sims 3. I had several crashes due to memory access violations!
    C++ developers are a bit strange sometimes because they think their code is faster than anything else. So they even create their own leightweight memory manager. It may benefit speed but on the other hand it lacks of many security principles.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

Perhaps you need to go read the posts from the Guru's... here is the quoted text and the link will follow, for you ease of finding.

Said by SimGuruHydra:

"Hi Simmers,

While we continue to investigate the issues many of you are reporting after the last update, below are tips and workarounds for the commonly reported concerns:

Invisible Sims issue - third-party content (mods, bad cc, etc) may be causing this issue. It's suggested that you try removing all third-party content.

The Bad Mood issue is currently being investigated. In the meantime, try this workaround - save your current game, exit game, then reload."

As you can clearly see, EA is looking into the massive complaints of these issues many have reported. So players who are doing as they've been instructed to do by EA Customer Support, posting bug/glitches/feedback here in the forums, are being productive in solving many aspects of the game that a large number of the player base is experiencing. We are being productive in assuring that this game functions as it should for all players, including you. Without those who point out the glitches your game wouldn't be as perfect as you claim it is.

However, I beg to differ that your posts in this thread are productive to the issue at hand or to EA.

NOTE: This thread is in this section because the person who started it had feedback on Outdoor Living Stuff. I jumped in because I wanted to support the person who commented that EA Customer Support asks us to post our issues/glitches/bugs/feedback in the forums because it is true, I was instructed to do the same by EA Customer Support.
    Technical Discussions subforum is there for Posting about glitchs and bugs, not this subforum.
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited February 2011
    Arletta wrote:
    everytime i install the new patch for my out door living most of the sims that i don't play have low social motive the red icon appears over there heads the kids cry all the time makes the game no fun.

i have tried installing it way tech said but it still happens so at mo i am only using to ambitions as that worked fine beore any of the last patched 1.17 1.18 1.19 have give me so many glitches in my game, i just want to play i bought both late nights and out door but can't play either, it doesn't effect the family i play but i can't watch other sims like that. no idea why this is happening and nobody seems to know either.

It's a bug from glitch 1.18, connected with the well rested moodlet. It takes off too much when your sim is sleeping in a cheap bed.

I am just sooo glad we are numbering the glitches now! 8) j/k
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

Said by SimGuruHydra:

"Hi Simmers,

Technical Discussions subforum is there for Posting about glitchs and bugs, not this subforum.

Holy COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we worrying about Glitches or Sub Forums??????????
    P......Lease

If it's in the wrong forum! Why r u stressing about it? Let the Gurus or Mod's worry about that.

Jeez, I can't beleive that where we are Posting is becoming an Issue for you. Bollocks! There's bigger things for us to worry about than a Technicality like the simple difference between the right or wrong Sub-Forum.

You tried to help! It didn't work so move on! And yes I was sarcastic! You roll your eyes at me! I get really ... off!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    @magician1: I hear you and I share your feelings. Right now I'd like to buy some cowboy boots and kick into... you know where. :wink:

Also I could have made a bet because I knew that she ignores my reply.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You wanna spend money on boots to kick them ... you know where?

I've wasted enough money on TS3!

I'll go ask my Gardner for his gardening shoes.
  • Options
    FadedNoveltyFadedNovelty Posts: 401 Member
    edited February 2011
    Erm well this is a jolly thread. People have problems with the Sims 3 glitching and generally not working properly. In a perfect world we could blame this on EA OR user error. But in reality it's probably both. EA doesn't seem to do enough testing imo, and some people don't know anything about their computer. But you can't tell people NOT to complain when their game doesn't work. Anyone would be frusterated if they couldn't get their game to work. Just be happy yours does work and ignore the threads by people looking for help/venting if it upsets you.

That said, being upset about your game not working doesn't mean you should take it out on other people. Especially other people trying to help you. And magician1, I don't know what's wrong with your game and/or PC, but the fact that you've had to take your PC into a shop three times tells me that it might have something to do with your PC. A properly managed PC doesn't need to go to a PC shop, unless it's a hardware problem that you don't feel comfortable fixing.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    FadedNovelty, Hi

I took my Pc in the last 2 times for Better Hardware and to make sure the problem is not with my PC.

The 1st time was to see if there was a Problem with it due to the problems with TS3. Everytime I buy an EP I get New Problems. I like to see that it's not my PC and take it in for the IT people to check, so that when I complain, I know it's Not my PC.

I know my PC is fine and up to date.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    I get where your coming from but the fact is people shouldnt have to go searching for fixes themselves, thats what we pay EA for.

I know. I'm not buying the new SP until EA sorts out its issues. Not because my game is glitchy but because I'll stand up for those who are having a hard time of it and not support EA. No $30 for you EA! :twisted:

Edit: misplaced a word and fixed it.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Also I could have made a bet because I knew that she ignores my reply.

Your not talking about me are you? Because if you are I can't find your reply :oops: In amongst all of the quoting of the quotes which are quoting other peoples quotes I've got lost.. There is that or I've replied in the same reply that was directed at magician1 thinking that I was reading your comments as his. :oops:
  • Options
    ShikomizerShikomizer Posts: 84 New Member
    edited February 2011
    must say I can't complain there isnt a tonne of stuff in it and I probably like with the sims 2 now I have quelled my taste for one stuff pack not buy anymore and just continue with the expansion packs, however I received mine as a gift, but in the uk, this pack is barely £7.00 to buy, so..... depending on where you get it from
  • Options
    frylock243frylock243 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow. So I came here looking for possible solutions to the sudden lack of game stability after installing OL, but so far, it seems the only thing I should be doing is buying and building an entirely new computer so that I can be sure that TS3 is the only thing running on it ... ever. Pardon me if that seems to be an impractical solution at best.

All that aside, I'm patched up, know what I'm running, and have the required specs. I've got no CC, aside from official store stuff. And after installing OL, I seem to crash every two hours or so.

At least the **** code 16 crap finally seems to have been taken care of although I could work around that. Random crashes can't be worked around.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,192 Member
    edited February 2011
    I was just wondering if anyone else that has Outdoor Living Stuff got the digital download and NOT the disc, because i did, and i was just wondering if maybe that could be my problem, im having major issues where my game is constantly crashing to the desktop, i have talked to EA several times and nothing they have told me to do has really helped.....the problem persists. and i know its not the computer it's self or any program's in the background considering when i bought my computer i got a hard drive that was completely blank and put only what i wanted on the computer....I just want to be able to play my game, and was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions

Not sure if anyone answered you or not but I have the digital version this time and am not having issues. I did at first with crashing and some launcher problems but did the DEP and its been relatively smooth sailing since then. The link:

http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3697/kw/DEP
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Taron1PTaron1P Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I haven't even brought the OL EP and my game want play. I downloaded the patch not knowing it would effect my game. Now I probably will have to uninstall late night and start all over a gain. This sucks and my computer is up to specs. :( I also have uninstalled the ea manger and reinstalled as the techs suggested and still nothing is working!!! :(
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited February 2011
    NettaRose wrote:
    I'm very up set right now.... So I just bought the new stuff pack and ya the stuff is pretty cool but Im a bit disappointed in the lack of items for my 20 bucks, but you know,i could live with that. But what geys me is that I can't play my game now. I was aske to build and buy but as soon as it came to game play, the whole game froze. NOT lag, but full on froze. So I have up and installed it.it geys really old buying something you can't useuntill a patch comes out over a month later. And I have no internet at my house. In order for me to get an updatei have to take my computer elsewhere. As if requiring a patch isn't bad enough you have to wait forever for them to fix it. Shoot I was still waiting for a fix for wa when ln came out. I'M still waiting for the fix for ln and now they have new issues. Ea needs to sit down and review their buisness plan, something in their management had changed since the first sims and not for the better. So ea with great disappointment,i want my money back. Pd this is posted from my mobile phone so sorry for typing errors

I have quoted the OP to remind those who are complaining that this is a tech thread, taking up space here, that the OP's original comment was not a tech post but feedback/opinion on the Outdoor Living Stuff pack, thus it is in the correct spot. I don't see in the OP's post that she was seeking tech advice for her game.

Now if the thread has taken a tangent into other territories it is not the fault of the OP placing this thread here.... it just how the world turns. And I agree with the comment from someone else.... let the guru's decide.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Your not talking about me are you?

No that was for Greeneya.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited February 2011
    I wonder why people are moaning about the fact that this MAY be posted in the possible WRONG place and taking up space ?

TBH no matter which place its posted in it takes up EXACTLY the same amount of space on the servers .

Having said that now to the point . First off i love OLS and am one of the lucky ones who have it running fine on my computer BUT i have had that many problems with LN that i HAVE to use a few of Twallens mods simply to be able to play a game that I paid good money for and should be played quite easily with the specs of my computer .
    I realise that if i have a bug and no one else or very few few people have then its obviously something wrong in my game . But when i come on these forums and see post after post after post running into hundreds that have the same bug then obviously NO its EA's bad coding.
    What makes it worse is that allegedly there are moderators supposedly managing these forums but they NEVER bother to post to inform us if EA honestly are still trying to bug fix .
    Even as recently as the last Sims2 EP on the old forms they always had the decency to let us know briefly if they were actually looking into it but now nothing since the release of LN .
    Maybe its the fact that they have NO idea how to fix the bugs and have given up completely .
    I seriously hope not but as time goes by i get more and more sceptical
  • Options
    KujataKujata Posts: 288 New Member
    edited February 2011
    These forums are designed to increase the enjoyment of the game and to help EA to find new ideas/help their customers. So as long as both parts are being met, everything is fine. Who cares if it's posted in the wrong forum. Even if the Original poster was complaining about the OLS, and someone was complaining about the issues OLS caused them, then that's fine. I don't see why so many people are complaining about this posts location.

I'm sorry I can't help you more, Magician1, or if I even helped you in the first place ><