Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want my money back

I'm very up set right now.... So I just bought the new stuff pack and ya the stuff is pretty cool but Im a bit disappointed in the lack of items for my 20 bucks, but you know,i could live with that. But what geys me is that I can't play my game now. I was aske to build and buy but as soon as it came to game play, the whole game froze. NOT lag, but full on froze. So I have up and installed it.it geys really old buying something you can't useuntill a patch comes out over a month later. And I have no internet at my house. In order for me to get an updatei have to take my computer elsewhere. As if requiring a patch isn't bad enough you have to wait forever for them to fix it. Shoot I was still waiting for a fix for wa when ln came out. I'M still waiting for the fix for ln and now they have new issues. Ea needs to sit down and review their buisness plan, something in their management had changed since the first sims and not for the better. So ea with great disappointment,i want my money back. Pd this is posted from my mobile phone so sorry for typing errors

Comments

• Options
    NettaRoseNettaRose Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2011
    And since I had to install the stuff pack, I now have to reinstall everything, or wait to take my pc to someones house that had internet, so no more sims for me for awhile
  • Options
    SenkoLightSenkoLight Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited February 2011
    Do you run mods or have Custom content? If so it tells you to remove that before you install the new pack. You can put it back later.

I always copy and paste my items download folder into a folder on my desktop then delete old one. Install game then copy it back.. So far *knock wood* Never had any Sims game problems and my comp is almost 4 years old.
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited February 2011
    Has more stuff than we can get from the TS3 store for $20 worth of points. :lol:

Running Vista or Win-7?
    Did you add OLS to the DEP exclusion list? (something we will have to continue to do until EA stops trying to support ALL versions of Windows with the same executable.)

I so dislike having to employ workarounds due to bean-counters putting profits over software stability.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2011
    everytime i install the new patch for my out door living most of the sims that i don't play have low social motive the red icon appears over there heads the kids cry all the time makes the game no fun.

i have tried installing it way tech said but it still happens so at mo i am only using to ambitions as that worked fine beore any of the last patched 1.17 1.18 1.19 have give me so many glitches in my game, i just want to play i bought both late nights and out door but can't play either, it doesn't effect the family i play but i can't watch other sims like that. no idea why this is happening and nobody seems to know either.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2011
    everytime i install the new patch for my out door living most of the sims that i don't play have low social motive the red icon appears over there heads the kids cry all the time makes the game no fun.

i have tried installing it way tech said but it still happens so at mo i am only using to ambitions as that worked fine beore any of the last patched 1.17 1.18 1.19 have give me so many glitches in my game, i just want to play i bought both late nights and out door but can't play either, it doesn't effect the family i play but i can't watch other sims like that. no idea why this is happening and nobody seems to know either.

It's a bug from glitch 1.18, connected with the well rested moodlet. It takes off too much when your sim is sleeping in a cheap bed.
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited February 2011
    I know some people have been having trouble, but it is about time people take a good hard look at their computers and what CC's they have. EA are doing the best they can with the demand to put out seasons, or pets, or university, etc. All the people who are whinging and EA not the actual game should all go to america or whereever the EA headquarters are and do their jobs i want to see you all do a better job. I deeply apologies if i have hurt anyone's feelings or offended in anyway and no i do not work for ea, think about it, they could put out one game a year if not every 1 and a half years but then there would be ten times more complaining.

I paid $30.00 for my game and yes they could have put more into it, but i ain't upset because what they have put in i like and use in every house i make and it isn't that far away until the next ep, which could mean more complaining, who knows.

Or just pack up the game and do something else.

Jessica

(sorry to all the people who aren't complaining or anything), i am sick and tired of seeing the same topic over and over and over and over again).
  • Options
    andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I know some people have been having trouble, but it is about time people take a good hard look at their computers and what CC's they have. EA are doing the best they can with the demand to put out seasons, or pets, or university, etc. All the people who are whinging and EA not the actual game should all go to america or whereever the EA headquarters are and do their jobs i want to see you all do a better job. I deeply apologies if i have hurt anyone's feelings or offended in anyway and no i do not work for ea, think about it, they could put out one game a year if not every 1 and a half years but then there would be ten times more complaining.

I paid $30.00 for my game and yes they could have put more into it, but i ain't upset because what they have put in i like and use in every house i make and it isn't that far away until the next ep, which could mean more complaining, who knows.

Jessica

(sorry to all the people who aren't complaining or anything), i am sick and tired of seeing the same topic over and over and over and over again).

Well believe it or not some people don't have any cc or mods at all and have more than required specs and still have problems. The first thing I would look at are the patches. The launcher likes to skip patches so download the patcher from Modthesims and go from there I was missing 4 patches! Apparently the launcher doesn't like patching everything I guess. I was having lag issues and everything. So make sure you have all the patches first.
  • Options
    bethiferbethifer Posts: 89
    edited February 2011

Jessica

I think it's time for YOU to look at the situation carefully.

I have unfortunately been the victim of the freezing bug. I talked to several tech people at EA, who said that my computer was up to specs. I’ve never installed CCs, mods, or ANYTHING. Most people with this problem do not have CCs or mods and have the correct computer specs.

So why am I getting this bug? Computer is fine, no CCs or mods. Guess what! It’s because EA made a sloppy patch.

I live in America and I have been in touch with several EA people who literally say “Please post this information on the Forums so that developers can see this.” That’s why you see this on the forums all the time.

And really, “pack up and do something else”? I could easily do that, but I just spent $50 on the game and then another $40 on an EP. $90 spent. You can’t return computer games after you’ve opened them, so here I am, out almost one hundred dollars because EA made a bugged patch. OF COURSE people are going to demand that EA do something about it! We want our money back!

THIS is why people are yelling at EA. EA MADE the game, which is bugged.

If you’re tired of seeing these topics, join the bandwagon and get mad at EA, since EA Customer Support is the one that’s telling people to post them.
  • Options
    jkwi19jkwi19 Posts: 86 New Member
    edited February 2011

Applause at Bethifer :)
  • Options
    KelcieORKelcieOR Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree with you Bethifer. Nothing is wrong with my computer and I also do not have any cc, mods or patches. It gets very upsetting when you spend money on something that you can't use. I think EA should do a better job. I had to uninstall Outdoor living, never was able to see any of the stuff, the game would cut off every time.
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited February 2011
    That's too bad that your game is so bugged! I have a PC that well exceeds the req for the game and I have about 2,410 items of CC. My game is sharp, no lag, no CTDs. I wonder why some have so many issues and others like me don't have a single one.
    Couple questions...
    Have you used a Game Booster or Large Address Aware? Excluded on DEP, closed your anitvirus, or added exceptions to that? Are you on the proper screen resolution recc for ur PC? Just trying to help find a way for you to play. (okay that was more than a couple questions)
    I hope you get some resolutions.
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    bethiferbethifer Posts: 89
    edited February 2011
    lmkrivcher wrote:
    That's too bad that your game is so bugged! I have a PC that well exceeds the req for the game and I have about 2,410 items of CC. My game is sharp, no lag, no CTDs. I wonder why some have so many issues and others like me don't have a single one.
    Couple questions...
    Have you used a Game Booster or Large Address Aware? Excluded on DEP, closed your anitvirus, or added exceptions to that? Are you on the proper screen resolution recc for ur PC? Just trying to help find a way for you to play. (okay that was more than a couple questions)
    I hope you get some resolutions.

Tried all that :(
    The only way I could fix it was to download a mod (ha!), which gave me an option to "Reset Everything". It reset every object in the town -- over 10,000 things. Then the freezing went away. Most people think that it's because a NPC is getting stuck in an action, causing the entire game to lag.

I've noticed, though, that it seems people with extremely high computer specs aren't having this problem. It's people who have the minimum required and a little higher (I have this one). If this is the case, then EA needs to up the computer specs... which I think they're not keen on doing, since that means thousands of people won't be able to buy anymore of the games. ...Conspiracy!?

I just want them to fix it, it's really irritating now. It was first reported in November, it's Feb. now.

And thanks for the support everyone :)
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011

Jessica

This
  • Options
    AmyehAmyeh Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2011

Jessica

Your post would be more meaningful if you actually learnt how to write in proper English. I hate seeing posts like this where the poster brags about being an Australian. You embarrass me, a fellow Australian, who capitalises their I's.

Anyway, I have not yet purchased OL, but I'm becoming more and more wary with every post I read about glitches, crashing etc.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited February 2011
    bethifer wrote:

Jessica

I think it's time for YOU to look at the situation carefully.

I have unfortunately been the victim of the freezing bug. I talked to several tech people at EA, who said that my computer was up to specs. I’ve never installed CCs, mods, or ANYTHING. Most people with this problem do not have CCs or mods and have the correct computer specs.

So why am I getting this bug? Computer is fine, no CCs or mods. Guess what! It’s because EA made a sloppy patch.

I live in America and I have been in touch with several EA people who literally say “Please post this information on the Forums so that developers can see this.” That’s why you see this on the forums all the time.

And really, “pack up and do something else”? I could easily do that, but I just spent $50 on the game and then another $40 on an EP. $90 spent. You can’t return computer games after you’ve opened them, so here I am, out almost one hundred dollars because EA made a bugged patch. OF COURSE people are going to demand that EA do something about it! We want our money back!

THIS is why people are yelling at EA. EA MADE the game, which is bugged.

If you’re tired of seeing these topics, join the bandwagon and get mad at EA, since EA Customer Support is the one that’s telling people to post them.

You've made a very valid point! EA Customer Support is telling us to come back and post on the forums when you contact them about these bugs/issues. So it does get annoying when people come in our threads and tell us to stop with the complaints.
  • Options
    Gia150Gia150 Posts: 273 New Member
    edited February 2011
    bethifer

Thank you. My computer is well capable of running this game. Now since the new patch and ODL. I can't even see my store bought items in my game and it says they are installed. I have all my drivers updated everything done in proper order.

I hate to say this but this has been nothing but one headache after another. I'm uninstalling my Sims 3 until some of these issues are resolved. Sad really. :cry:
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited February 2011

Jessica

I wish you "Know it All's" will Stop telling us it's our Computers and CC. MY DXDIAG more than meet the requirements and you are welcome to come and check if I have ANY Mod's or CC in my Game.

If you are tired of seeing the same topic over and over and over again. Just skip them!

Why should I pack up my Game????? I spent a lot of money on it!!! So don't be daft and tell us to Pack up our Games.

I reaally wouldn't mind an EP coming out 1ce a year if I know it's going to be properly tested and Not full of Glitches. Darn I'll even pay double the price for a Game that is working Properly.

BTW: Why do I only have Problems with TS3 and none of my other Games? Some with even higher Spec's needed to run it!

So just skip the Topics you don't like.

I WILL COMPLAIN AND WHINE TILL THEY GET THIS FIXED!!!! I PAID FOR A GAME THAT WORKS!!!!!
  • Options
    Gia150Gia150 Posts: 273 New Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1
    Could not have said it better. :D
    I want what I paid for to work. I know it's not my computer. EA needs to get on this it's been going on for months. :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    For Attention: AussieAdoresSims

BTW: A Lot of the people on here have a lot of PC knowledge!!! That is why you are getting Mod's for almost every Glitch from EA.

Would you please go to the EA office and work there so that our problems can be solved? Seeing that you have the answers!

• Options
    PLSTRONGPLSTRONG Posts: 249 Member
    edited February 2011
    I do feel sorry for the people on here who have major problems with the sims 3. I am one of the lucky ones who has only minor glitches that don't affect my game that much. The only time I did have problems was when the patches did not update all my installed EPs but once I manually installed them mostly everything so far works fine. But I do understand the frustration when a game you played good money for and you are really looking forward to playing won't work as I had really bad problems with the sims 2. It would not run or if it did it would crash constantly. I had to uninstall and reinstall constantly, the only time it actually started to work proper for me was when I got the last SP with the last patch made and then it worked great. Hope you (everybody) do not need to wait that long before everything works proper in game.
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited February 2011

Jessica

So you don't think it's valid to complain if you buy a product and it's broken?
    That's strange logic. If people didn't make EA aware of their problems how could they ever improve?
    The frustration mainly comes, not from a few minor bugs, but from people who's games become unplayable with bugs and glitches through no fault of their own.
    Just yesterday I had to reinstall my whole game because of 'save error 12'.
    Oh, and like a million other people have said- I have no cc/mods or anything non-EA in my game.
    I just think they seem to have employed someone to write constant spam on facebook, perhaps that same person could write a post on their own forums saying they are trying their best to address some of the more major problems, but it's complicated. At the moment we just feel ignored.
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited February 2011
    NettaRose wrote:
    im a bit disappointed in the lack of items for my 20 bucks
    I have to agree, After I installed this stuff pack I looked all through the catalogs. Theres like 5 or 6 shirts, few pairs of shorts, some sandles as far as cloths and for items I seen about 2 lights, 1 outdoor grill, 1 outdoot counter, 1 outdoor island counter, 1 pool chair, 1 table, 1 chair, 1 easle, and maybe a few build items. The previous stuff packs had more than that. It's not enough to give us broken expansion packs with no patchs or updates to fix them but now they are giving fewer and fewer items in their stuff packs. I guess next will come raising the points shop prices. The developers need to pull their heads out of their *****, get a clue that people are tired of their crap, and start cranking out decent stuff
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011
    tired of this constant complaining. Get over it.

If you do not like the game, stop playing.

There are plenty of us who are satisfied with the game.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    tired of this constant complaining. Get over it.

If you do not like the game, stop playing.

There are plenty of us who are satisfied with the game.

Exactly! To add to that, it might be best to look at the problem and make moves to fix it before crying about it. There is help out there! There are many people in the appropriate forums who can help you. If you've tried everything you can in order to fix the game and nothing has worked, then you can cry about it.

Most people who have issues with the game are the ones who don't understand CC or their computers. I personally don't use CC, as tempting as it is. Another problem is that Sims 3 is a game which requires much more computing power than the previous Sims games - make sure your machine meets the requirements! They are displayed on the back of the game cover and in the download information so you can't say "I didn't know."

Making sure your computer meets the requirements is good. BUT Are you looking after your machine? When was the last time you defragmented it? When was the last time you cleaned all the junk off your hard drive? Is your computer virus free? Do you even have a decent anti-virus and run a scan frequently? Does your graphics card need any driver updates? Do you need to look at upgrading any of your components? The list can go on. Also, don't just guess about these things, make sure you know what you are doing before doing things to your machine as it might make the problem worse. Again, there are people out there.

Please think about things before you cry about it in the forums. I'm not trying to be rude here, I know the tone of this is a bit harsh but honestly I'm only trying to help. :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

I mean really! Wake up, some of the people having problems are in IT you know!

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Please go and talk your bollocks somewhere else!

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Just because yours work doesn't mean we must accept the rubbish we have!

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

So, you too! Go play your Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B