Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want my money back

Comments

• Options
    leegirl124leegirl124 Posts: 988 Member
    edited February 2011
    i want my money back too cuz i cant even use the pack.
    it made my game crash and once i took it off,everything was fine! :evil:
    :D
  • Options
    KujataKujata Posts: 288 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that Leegirl124. Did you update the recent patch?

(Woot, message number 100 for me)
  • Options
    freewolf862freewolf862 Posts: 37
    edited February 2011
    bethifer wrote:
    I know some people have been having trouble, but it is about time people take a good hard look at their computers and what CC's they have. EA are doing the best they can with the demand to put out seasons, or pets, or university, etc. All the people who are whinging and EA not the actual game should all go to america or whereever the EA headquarters are and do their jobs i want to see you all do a better job. I deeply apologies if i have hurt anyone's feelings or offended in anyway and no i do not work for ea, think about it, they could put out one game a year if not every 1 and a half years but then there would be ten times more complaining.

Or just pack up the game and do something else.

Jessica

(sorry to all the people who aren't complaining or anything), i am sick and tired of seeing the same topic over and over and over and over again).

I think it's time for YOU to look at the situation carefully.

I have unfortunately been the victim of the freezing bug. I talked to several tech people at EA, who said that my computer was up to specs. I’ve never installed CCs, mods, or ANYTHING. Most people with this problem do not have CCs or mods and have the correct computer specs.

So why am I getting this bug? Computer is fine, no CCs or mods. Guess what! It’s because EA made a sloppy patch.

I live in America and I have been in touch with several EA people who literally say “Please post this information on the Forums so that developers can see this.” That’s why you see this on the forums all the time.

And really, “pack up and do something else”? I could easily do that, but I just spent $50 on the game and then another $40 on an EP. $90 spent. You can’t return computer games after you’ve opened them, so here I am, out almost one hundred dollars because EA made a bugged patch. OF COURSE people are going to demand that EA do something about it! We want our money back!

THIS is why people are yelling at EA. EA MADE the game, which is bugged.

If you’re tired of seeing these topics, join the bandwagon and get mad at EA, since EA Customer Support is the one that’s telling people to post them.

I have spoken to EA until I'm blue in the face and all I get in return is that my computer must be the problem. The last time I was "working" with them, I couldn't play for over a month because of an update to the EADM that wouldn't let me into my account to download games that I had legally bought. So called customer support left me out there with 'your computer has a problem' and the tech gave me no help in what that "problem' might be. As I knew that my computer was up to date and well above specs of what the game requires, I came to the forum and things were solved in a matter of an hour.

The forum is where I come to get help always now, because EA still hasn't solved problems in World Adventures. When did that come out?

I bought the castle set and still haven't built anything with it because the walls don't go together. That has to be more than 6 months ago that I reported that. I just noticed that they've put it on the one of the new collective sets. Hmmm...

People have a right to be a bit upset with EA for putting out product that isn't up to spec and then taking so long to fix it. It's called greed.

I believe I just read somewhere that EA is scaling back on their production crew because of the economy. So who knows when this all will get fixed or what kind of product will be coming out next.

I thank bethifer for putting it so on the line, but I just had to put in my two cents as well. :?
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

I mean really! Wake up, some of the people having problems are in IT you know!

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Please go and talk your bollocks somewhere else!

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Just because yours work doesn't mean we must accept the rubbish we have!

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

So, you too! Go play your Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B
    If my game works. And I have the same game as you. And we have a different computer. It is logical that the problem is not in the game but in the computer.

You have to understand it. It is easy to blame the game and EA for all. you better check the your computer and the programs installed on it, you'll see that 95 percent of problems are in it. :roll:

My mate (who is a computer whiz and works in his own computer repair shop) is laughing at your posts right now!!!! people use their PC's for different things other than gaming you know, which means programs installed on computers can vary and the Sims 3 should be able to run no matter what other licensed programs are installed, maybe EA got sloppy and diddnt fix a reaction between two types of software? ever thought of that genius?? that means that the game might work on one persons computer but not another identical computer because they might have different software running in the background. The thing is its not the computer users fault as its EA's responsibility to ensure conflicts dont happen. There are lots of causes of glitches, It can be some pattern noone sees (like maybe everyone having a certain glitch is running a different virus program to others) I mean that the game wasnt coded properly to react with THAT type of program. And no the conflicting program doesnt actually need to be anything to do with the sims 3 or work in conjunction with it to have problems. I repeat this is NOT the computer users fault it is EA's for being sloppy...
    that is all.

This is completely true.
  • Options
    BleedingHeart13BleedingHeart13 Posts: 24
    edited February 2011
    You've just been robbed.The stuff expansions should only cost 9.99 (UK) and only a little more in America not 20 dollars.Also i agree.I just bought the fast lane stuff and it had a few cars and hardly anything else and what was there was far too similair to other things already in the game.I know it's hard for EA to constantly create nice in game items all the time but if they are going to charge us to buy them at least make them a little better :L Also the EA updates are really dogey at the moment so i would avoide installing them (it wrecked my whole game and i had to uninstall it and re-install it all over)
  • Options
    BleedingHeart13BleedingHeart13 Posts: 24
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

If my game works. And I have the same game as you. And we have a different computer. It is logical that the problem is not in the game but in the computer.

You have to understand it. It is easy to blame the game and EA for all. you better check the your computer and the programs installed on it, you'll see that 95 percent of problems are in it. :roll:

My mate (who is a computer whiz and works in his own computer repair shop) is laughing at your posts right now!!!! people use their PC's for different things other than gaming you know, which means programs installed on computers can vary and the Sims 3 should be able to run no matter what other licensed programs are installed, maybe EA got sloppy and diddnt fix a reaction between two types of software? ever thought of that genius?? that means that the game might work on one persons computer but not another identical computer because they might have different software running in the background. The thing is its not the computer users fault as its EA's responsibility to ensure conflicts dont happen. There are lots of causes of glitches, It can be some pattern noone sees (like maybe everyone having a certain glitch is running a different virus program to others) I mean that the game wasnt coded properly to react with THAT type of program. And no the conflicting program doesnt actually need to be anything to do with the sims 3 or work in conjunction with it to have problems. I repeat this is NOT the computer users fault it is EA's for being sloppy...
    that is all.

This is completely true.
    It's not EA's fault at all.If you're computer is full to the brim of uneeded stuff and if you have an old or just really bad computer then obviously sims won't work as well.I don't think a graphics card effects it?I am not an expert but i'd say it's more a problem of space or how old your computer is?Take it to a shop or ask somebody to see if they can see what the problem is ?Maybe see if you can make more space in your computer?I recently did that and my game loads much quicker than before :D
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited February 2011
    Kujata wrote:
    These forums are designed to increase the enjoyment of the game and to help EA to find new ideas/help their customers. So as long as both parts are being met, everything is fine. Who cares if it's posted in the wrong forum. Even if the Original poster was complaining about the OLS, and someone was complaining about the issues OLS caused them, then that's fine. I don't see why so many people are complaining about this posts location.

I'm sorry I can't help you more, Magician1, or if I even helped you in the first place ><

You tried and that is the most Important. Thank you for trying. I appreciate it.
    :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

that is all.

This is completely true.
    It's not EA's fault at all.If you're computer is full to the brim of uneeded stuff and if you have an old or just really bad computer then obviously sims won't work as well.I don't think a graphics card effects it?I am not an expert but i'd say it's more a problem of space or how old your computer is?Take it to a shop or ask somebody to see if they can see what the problem is ?Maybe see if you can make more space in your computer?I recently did that and my game loads much quicker than before :D

You must think that half the TS3 Players are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and our IT people we use with Degrees, btw!

I don't know if you read another Post I made that my PC has been to a PC shop 3 Times now. Mostly for New Hardware and to check if all is well at the same time. Do I have to buy a New PC everytime there's an EP/SP???? So that my PC isn't 'Old'!

I have more than 50% of my total PC's GB open (Free Space)! So how can you say that it is 'space' and my 'Old' Computer. Which is quite NEW BTW.

Seeing that you are such an 'expert' on telling us it's our PC's: Can I send my PC to you so that you can see if all is well and working as it's supposed to? Cause it seems as if you know more than people with IT Degrees.

Just BTW: I don't have a problem with Loading time! I can't Dl'd from the Store! So you want to tell me that it's my PC? How do you get to that conclusion? The Game runs fine but I can't download from the Store, so it's my PC. Bollocks.

The last 2 Patches for FL doesn't install! But it's my PC and conflicting Programs! Bollocks! If it was my PC at all, I wouldn't be able to play Games that are twice the size of TS3. So again don't talk Bollocks!

Move on and let us get our Problems fixed by EA! Not by someone who acknowledges
    I am not an expert
    !

Bye, off you go to another Thread where you can give your
    I am not an expert advice.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    BleedingHeart13

I want to Quote mcorral, just to Prove to you that it's not all our PC's fault!
    mcorral: Some people will accuse me of using mods or CC, and I’ve never ever used any kind of mod Some others tell me that my PC does not meet the minimum requirements or that there must be something wrong with my PC… These two can’t be possible because I’m a computer engineer and I do know that there is nothing wrong with my PC, besides I can play many other games without a problem. I have a very good computer with a thoroughly optimized configuration, clean and stable. I know people use CC from other sites in lots or worlds in The Exchange, so I do not download from there either. I have a clean image of my hard drive that I load every month, so that I have a clean installation of the system (including the game) every month.

Hope this shows you how much bollocks you are talking!
  • Options
    KickRamoneKickRamone Posts: 302 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Magician,

What have you already tried concerning your downloading problem?

I mean by that have you already tried different web browsers, as well as the in game dashboard?

I am pretty sure you said earlier that you do not use CC, but if you are willing to test out methods, you could download a CC SimPack just to see if that will download to the launcher and install in game.

Not that if it worked it would help you much, but at least then you would know the launcher simi works as it should.
  • Options
    maglcmaglc Posts: 1,921 New Member
    edited February 2011
    People want their money back but as soon as EA release another EP they go for it...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am sorry when I said "download to the launcher" in reference to the CC Simpacks. I should have phrased that differently. You download it, save it somewhere (like the desktop) then click the Simpack and that should get the ball rolling with the launcher. It should show up in the downloads category of the launcher as well as install in game. I should have been more clear on that.

Is your problem only with newly purchased SimStore items?

By that I mean, do you have older downloads that install and uninstall, and show listed in the downloads category?

I apologize if that is a stupid question, because you did state the problem was downloading. I just had a different theory if you have older downloads acting up too.
  • Options
    PunksyxPunksyx Posts: 13
    edited February 2011
    /whisper why not downloading it for free ? :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2011
    @Punksyx: You're moving on very thin ice here. I wouldn't dare to post such messages on the official Sims 3 forum.
    Just a friendly recommendation: I would edit it if I were you.
    On the other hand, if were you I would not have posted it in the first place.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    KickRamone wrote:
    I am sorry when I said "download to the launcher" in reference to the CC Simpacks. I should have phrased that differently. You download it, save it somewhere (like the desktop) then click the Simpack and that should get the ball rolling with the launcher. It should show up in the downloads category of the launcher as well as install in game. I should have been more clear on that.

Is your problem only with newly purchased SimStore items?

By that I mean, do you have older downloads that install and uninstall, and show listed in the downloads category?

I apologize if that is a stupid question, because you did state the problem was downloading. I just had a different theory if you have older downloads acting up too.

I did a Complete Windows Re install in October last year and got a few things Downloaded. 5 Pages of Store Stuff. Then I got LN and since I installed that I can't Dl'd Store Stuff. So it's Old and New Items from the Store.

I've Downloaded Lots from the Exchange for a World we are working on at my Site and that worked perfectly. So IDK if you think I should still try to Downlad a CC item?

TY for trying to help me.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    maglc wrote:
    People want their money back but as soon as EA release another EP they go for it...

Maybe some BUT NOT ME!!! Till this is fixed.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Punksyx wrote:
    /whisper why not downloading it for free ? :roll: :roll:

Because it's Not Free and I wouldn't steal.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    @Cyron43: Agreed. Don't post stuff like that if you want to keep your account.
  • Options
    AviendaTristynAviendaTristyn Posts: 843 Member
    edited February 2011
    It really saddens me to see all the glitches and crashes and so on that my fellow Simmers are going through :( I really hope your games get working again soon,I have been one of the fortunate people who have not had any Major issues,I have only experienced small ones,with my EA download Manager and it was fixed so I can only imagine what you are all going through and try to put myself in your place and give my deepest sympathies and pray all these bugs get fixed soon :(
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am on both sides of the fense. I, originally, had a game that wouldn't work. I would get kicked from it all the time, or it just wouldn't load. I ended up fixing it myself with a lot of work I shouldn't have had to do. But, now, tyvm, Sims is working fine for me again.
  • Options
    ilovepreisslerilovepreissler Posts: 131
    edited February 2011
    NettaRose wrote:
    I'm very up set right now.... So I just bought the new stuff pack and ya the stuff is pretty cool but Im a bit disappointed in the lack of items for my 20 bucks, but you know,i could live with that. But what geys me is that I can't play my game now. I was aske to build and buy but as soon as it came to game play, the whole game froze. NOT lag, but full on froze. So I have up and installed it.it geys really old buying something you can't useuntill a patch comes out over a month later. And I have no internet at my house. In order for me to get an updatei have to take my computer elsewhere. As if requiring a patch isn't bad enough you have to wait forever for them to fix it. Shoot I was still waiting for a fix for wa when ln came out. I'M still waiting for the fix for ln and now they have new issues. Ea needs to sit down and review their buisness plan, something in their management had changed since the first sims and not for the better. So ea with great disappointment,i want my money back. Pd this is posted from my mobile phone so sorry for typing errors

I completly agree with you. EA has become a huge disapointment to me. The game wasn't worth it at all. & the freezing all the time. It makes me not want to play sometimes and a lot of the time I don't anymore. I'll start to play and once it freezes I turnoff the game and don't play it for a week. If they don't come out with better games soon I'm going to stop playing until the good expansions and stuff packs come out.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    I did a Complete Windows Re install in October last year and got a few things Downloaded. 5 Pages of Store Stuff. Then I got LN and since I installed that I can't Dl'd Store Stuff. So it's Old and New Items from the Store.

I've Downloaded Lots from the Exchange for a World we are working on at my Site and that worked perfectly. So IDK if you think I should still try to Downlad a CC item?

Yeah, it sounds unnecessary to test out the CC.

If you are working on a world, I can not help but to feel that maybe you removed the DBC and EBC files from the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache folder. I can not work out in my head quite why that may effect things, but maybe someone who knows more about that stuff could at least explain why I am thinking along those lines.

Other than that I would just try out all the different web browsers I could get my hands on. As well as the in game dashboard, and just to make sure I tried everything maybe even try the dashboard from EIG in CAW.

I hope someone can come along and explain things better than I can.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    KickRamone wrote:
    magician1 wrote:

Yeah, it sounds unnecessary to test out the CC.

If you are working on a world, I can not help but to feel that maybe you removed the DBC and EBC files from the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache folder. I can not work out in my head quite why that may effect things, but maybe someone who knows more about that stuff could at least explain why I am thinking along those lines.

Other than that I would just try out all the different web browsers I could get my hands on. As well as the in game dashboard, and just to make sure I tried everything maybe even try the dashboard from EIG in CAW.

I hope someone can come along and explain things better than I can.

TY for trying.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I haven't read some of the earliest posts, but have you done a complete reinstall of all the Sims3 yet, Magician1?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kujata wrote:
    I haven't read some of the earliest posts, but have you done a complete reinstall of all the Sims3 yet, Magician1?

I have done 39 Complete Un Installs and Re Installs since the Dec 16, 2009 Update/Patch When I say Complete I really mean Complete.

Oct last year I did a Complete Windows Re Install.

I patch my Game Incrementally (Spelling??) as I Install and test before I install the Next EP/SP.

I will most Probably be doing the whole Un Install and Re Install thing again soon to see if I don't get lucky.