Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want my money back

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

I mean really! Wake up, some of the people having problems are in IT you know!

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Please go and talk your bollocks somewhere else!

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Just because yours work doesn't mean we must accept the rubbish we have!

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

So, you too! Go play your Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

^That!
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

How many IT Technicians must I get to come and "fix" my Computer as it seems that you are trying to tell us that that is the problem!

Defragment, Disk Clean up, the list goes on! "Wow I didn't know these things Exsisted. Where do I get these Programs?"

How come when people use Mod's their Game works. Because they haven't updated their Drivers? Graphic's card? and whatever you are trying to blame on the people with Problems.

Greeneya: Do me a favour and go and Play your Perfect Game and leave us to get ours fixed. B

Have you ever bought a car with problems but your neigbour bought the same car with No problems! So now you must shut up because your neighbours car is working to satisfaction. A Car is just an example and not a monetary comparison.

If my game works. And I have the same game as you. And we have a different computer. It is logical that the problem is not in the game but in the computer.

You have to understand it. It is easy to blame the game and EA for all. you better check the your computer and the programs installed on it, you'll see that 95 percent of problems are in it. :roll:
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

If my game works. And I have the same game as you. And we have a different computer. It is logical that the problem is not in the game but in the computer.

You have to understand it. It is easy to blame the game and EA for all. you better check the your computer and the programs installed on it, you'll see that 95 percent of problems are in it. :roll:

You know what? I have had my Computer into a PC shop 3 times now! So how the hell can it be my PC? :roll:

Then EA come and Fix it. I will pay for it!!! What a joke! Like that is ever going to happen! :roll:

I have people on my Site with smaller and less spec'd PC's than mine and not even updated Drivers etc., that is able to play the Game! So yes it is my PC and Millions of other peoples too. :roll:

Just leave us be to get EA to fix it. Why on earth would the Mods work if it was my PC?????????????????????????????????? :roll:

Common! Stop talking to me! :evil: :roll:

BTW: Some people have the exact same 2 PC's and the Game works on one but not the other! Oh my it's the PCeeeeeeeeeeee*. BOLLOCKS

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Greeneya:

What the heck has a Graphics Card not being updated to do with Not being able to Download Store Stuff?

My Game is running with No glitches as far as Graphics are concerned. Please tell me as it seems you are a Pro PC Technician!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If your computer can not run the TS3 normaly. That does not mean that your computer is broken. But may mean that a component of your computer or a program on it is not compatible with the game The Sims 3.

Similarly, if some program running on the computer at the same time as the game TS3. This program can create problems and take up space in RAM

then because of that program, TS3 game does not have enough RAM memory for himself. Vista takes up a lot of RAM also.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    If your computer can not run the TS3 normaly. That does not mean that your computer is broken. But may mean that a component of your computer or a program on it is not compatible with the game The Sims 3.

Similarly, if a some program running on the computer at the same time as the game TS3. This program can create problems and take up space in RAM

My Game is running! :roll:

I can't update FL and NOT Dl'd Store Stuff since LN! So tell me what is the cause of that Problem please! Because EA's Technical Help people can't!

I have EADM updated and running when I want to Dl'd. I have tried with it not running as well! What else can you tell me to do to fix this?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    EADM is actually very bugy program. I have a lot of problems with the new version of that program.

EADM does not want to install the updates automatically for any game ( for me ). I must all install manually. It is not problem of the game TS3, it is a problem of EADM.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    EADM is actually very bugy program. I have a lot of problems with the new version of that program.

EADM does not want to install the updates automatically for any game ( for me ). I must all install manually. It is not problem of the game TS3, it is a problem of EADM.

Have you read what I typed??? NO

I have EADM updated and running when I want to Dl'd. I have tried with it not running as well! What else can you tell me to do to fix this?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well I tell you that the problem is in EADM.

try to manually install the updates.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:

I have done the Incremental and Super Patch. Non worked. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    KujataKujata Posts: 288 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Only read the last half of your issues, Magician1. So if I repeat something the helpful Greeneya stated, sorry.

Have you cleaned out your comp personally or deleted unused items from your comp recently? The game is special and won't tell you if you're out of room. If you did the patch or did a recent game install for Sims, sometimes it screws up your entire game. You might need to remove all of it, run a system check, and then reinstall.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

clean your registry. Restart the computer and try again.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2011
    I know some people have been having trouble, but it is about time people take a good hard look at their computers and what CC's they have. EA are doing the best they can with the demand to put out seasons, or pets, or university, etc. All the people who are whinging and EA not the actual game should all go to america or whereever the EA headquarters are and do their jobs i want to see you all do a better job. I deeply apologies if i have hurt anyone's feelings or offended in anyway and no i do not work for ea, think about it, they could put out one game a year if not every 1 and a half years but then there would be ten times more complaining.

I paid $30.00 for my game and yes they could have put more into it, but i ain't upset because what they have put in i like and use in every house i make and it isn't that far away until the next ep, which could mean more complaining, who knows.

Or just pack up the game and do something else.

Jessica

(sorry to all the people who aren't complaining or anything), i am sick and tired of seeing the same topic over and over and over and over again).

Oh, well...I'm right here in Austin and I'm SURE I could do a better job on tech support for the store and quality control. I've said it a long time...HIRE SOME FANS OF THIS GAME! SOME PLAYERS!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Kujata wrote:
    Only read the last half of your issues, Magician1. So if I repeat something the helpful Greeneya stated, sorry.

Have you cleaned out your comp personally or deleted unused items from your comp recently? The game is special and won't tell you if you're out of room. If you did the patch or did a recent game install for Sims, sometimes it screws up your entire game. You might need to remove all of it, run a system check, and then reinstall.

Hi

I did a complete Windows Re Install (Re-format) in October 2010. Then Re-Installed everything.

When you say 'System Check'. What is it exactly what you mean by that?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

clean your registry. Restart the computer and try again.

I have done this as well. Any other suggestions? Seems like we'll get to the bottom of this soon. :)
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    Greeneya:

What the heck has a Graphics Card not being updated to do with Not being able to Download Store Stuff?

My Game is running with No glitches as far as Graphics are concerned. Please tell me as it seems you are a Pro PC Technician!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

While the tech experts are in the house perhaps they can answer this one. How does an updated graphics card driver fix things that are known bugs, caused by a patch and most definately not anything graphical?

Call it curiosity.

And the being unable to download store purchases has been a site bug for a while now. There's recommendations such as using another browser ie if you use IE, see if you can download from Mozilla instead or use the in game store button. If it's a computer issue that Magican1 has then all I can say is a heck of a lot of users on this site have dodgy computers.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hi Arletta

I have tried another Browser as well. So yes, if it's my PC then I feel sorry for the millions of TS3 Players that has PC problems.

IDK what to do or say anymore.

What I have started doing: I went to PC Gamer and posted how Bad this Game is. I will be doing it on every Site I find that is selling/boosting this Game. I have had enough and I think it's time Future Buyers should be warned about this way below standard game before they waste their money.

Just doing my bit to save people from wasting their money and endless headaches.. :D

• Options
    leonelPleonelP Posts: 27
    edited February 2011
    Not sure why people have such a buggy game. I cant really say I ever came pass a major problem
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hi

I just read this:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/340465.page

Hope this is true.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    You misunderstood. I was directing that at people who complain about things but don't take the measures to fix them and I wasn't talking about the games glitches which can't be fixed by anything or anyone but EA (I was talking about issues which are addressed and have ways of fixing but people ignore them and complain anyway). I suggested some things that people could do before they complained and blamed EA. I never said or implied that it was the computer that was the problem -it is common sense that a well looked after computer will run the game (and in general) better even if there are glitches which only EA can fix.

Also, I won't baby-sit people. If you do not know what some of my suggestions mean than it is up to the reader to do the research if they are interested and they'd have to anyway because I said that people need a good unerstanding. I wasn't going to list a bunch of information and take up space either.

Please don't try to take me out of context. Thank you.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

First off, as I stated above, EA customer support tells anyone who contacts them to report their issues/complaint/feedback HERE in the forums. So please stop jumping on people who post as per they were advised to do.

And think about it, everyone plays the game differently maybe your method of play is different from mine thus you don't see what errors I see and visa versa. And frankly you can't possible say that you do not have the car pile up issues (unless you have a mod). Everyone has it. Do you not have vampires and celebrities spawning like crazy? Maybe you are fine with those over-sites but some of us are not.
  • Options
    brettnjess2006brettnjess2006 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited February 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    magician1 wrote:
    Tracykatlady:

My mate (who is a computer whiz and works in his own computer repair shop) is laughing at your posts right now!!!! people use their PC's for different things other than gaming you know, which means programs installed on computers can vary and the Sims 3 should be able to run no matter what other licensed programs are installed, maybe EA got sloppy and diddnt fix a reaction between two types of software? ever thought of that genius?? that means that the game might work on one persons computer but not another identical computer because they might have different software running in the background. The thing is its not the computer users fault as its EA's responsibility to ensure conflicts dont happen. There are lots of causes of glitches, It can be some pattern noone sees (like maybe everyone having a certain glitch is running a different virus program to others) I mean that the game wasnt coded properly to react with THAT type of program. And no the conflicting program doesnt actually need to be anything to do with the sims 3 or work in conjunction with it to have problems. I repeat this is NOT the computer users fault it is EA's for being sloppy...
    that is all.
  • Options
    brettnjess2006brettnjess2006 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited February 2011
    You misunderstood. I was directing that at people who complain about things but don't take the measures to fix them and I wasn't talking about the games glitches which can't be fixed by anything or anyone but EA (I was talking about issues which are addressed and have ways of fixing but people ignore them and complain anyway). I suggested some things that people could do before they complained and blamed EA. I never said or implied that it was the computer that was the problem -it is common sense that a well looked after computer will run the game (and in general) better even if there are glitches which only EA can fix.

Also, I won't baby-sit people. If you do not know what some of my suggestions mean than it is up to the reader to do the research if they are interested and they'd have to anyway because I said that people need a good unerstanding. I wasn't going to list a bunch of information and take up space either.

Please don't try to take me out of context. Thank you.

I get where your coming from but the fact is people shouldnt have to go searching for fixes themselves, thats what we pay EA for.
  • Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thank you, Bethifer and Magician1! While I'm sorry that you and a myriad of others have encountered the same problems I have, the only reassurance is that I am not alone in this; in fact, far from it, so hopefully that will inspire EA to come up with a solution for us SOON. For all the people whose games are running perfectly, I'm truly happy for you, however, I don't see what purpose it serves to chastise those of us who are experiencing major problems with ours. Like most of the issue-plagued others have posted, I too have a computer and video card that are more than capable of handling TS3, and I do not have any CC or mods of any kind installed in my game. Funny then, that since installing LN things have gone from bad to worse. I used to be one of those people who had very few problems with my playing experience. Since LN, it's been one headache after another, and this is not my fault, nor is it my computer's fault. I had a video card that suited the game's requirements before, but I spent a lot of money to upgrade my card right around the time LN came out, and even though I could have done it myself, I had a computer tech install it AND test the game afterwards to ensure everything was running as smoothly as possible. After all of that was said and done, things weren't perfect, but they were okay, although I had the same major issue (as well as a bunch of smaller ones) many of us had with empty clubs. However, I didn't care as much as I did prior to my upgrades because my game was finally functioning again at an acceptable level. That being said, I anticipated the EA created patch because I trusted it would solve some of the bugs. When the patch was FINALLY created, all it did was make things 1000 times worse! I actually stopped playing my game for two months until OL came out, because it was running so slowly that it was unbearable. Now, since installing OL, not only does the game continue to freeze and run even slower, it also crashes CONSTANTLY, and seemingly always after I'm in build/buy/wardrobe modes. I ask any of you who complain about those of us with less than perfect game experiences, is any of this fair??? My game has only been compromised by EA created content, and to add insult to injury, I've actually paid the company to make my game virtually unplayable! I have been a fan of The Sims franchise for 10 years. I have purchased every single TS2 EP and SP, and so far, every single TS3 EP and SP. All I want is for my game to WORK, and I think that's all any of us who are frustrated with the current situation wants. Is that really so much to ask of the company that has no qualms about taking our money, yet seems to have increasing difficulty releasing quality, FUNCTIONAL products in a timely manner? As another poster mentioned too, tech support WANTS us to post our issues; that is the only way EA will find out about them and hopefully come up with a workable solution. For the posters out there who have the audacity to blame the victims in this unfortunate situation, those of us who have capable systems and vid cards, clean computers, and no CC and mods, who want nothing more than to simply PLAY THE GAMES WE PAID FOR, why not keep your criticisms to yourselves and play your perfectly functioning games? I'm sure that's what the rest of us who have no option but to post our issues to the forums until they're dealt with wish we were doing instead. We welcome helpful hints or constructive, solution-based information from anyone, which is why we're writing on this topic to begin with. However, I honestly fail to see the point of complaining about our valid complaints. We are only trying to reach out to EA and to each other in the hope of finding a resolution!
  • Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2011
    Here's another thought: Why don't posters who are offended by legitimate complaints about legitimate problems stay out of complaint-based forum discussions? Seriously, isn't this a valid solution for us all?