Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haids' Sims 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Now, that brings back memories. :P
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited December 2010
    Trufan1 wrote:
    I'm soo getting it! :D
    Yay! You'll have so much fun!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, things with Cameron were going pretty well, so on date #2 they went to the park and raced boats.
    16llnqt.jpg

Then they got cozy on the swing…
    3353v2d.jpg

…and had a nice meal at the restaurant…
    mwdr9h.jpg

…and finally finished off with a nice hot kiss. Erm, dance. :wink:
    2lsunwi.jpg
  • Options
    hag1TSOTSOhag1TSOTSO Posts: 2,863 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 wrote:
    2lsunwi.jpg

EA should bring this kiss back into TS3. :wink: lol
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dude, they should! :)
  • Options
    AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This thread is awesome! It's giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cameron came by the house to visit, so they finally finally FINALLY shared their first kiss! This was called a “polite kiss.”
    fp2ywz.jpg

They took their date Downtown again, and guess what? The little heart popped up! I’d forgotten about that! But don’t get too excited—it wasn’t a RED heart, so things weren’t all too serious yet.
    10mr6u0.jpg
    But ugh, here’s the first encounter with Crumplebottom.
    vd0axx.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AngelaKaye wrote:
    This thread is awesome! It's giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Yay! That was the intent! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Unfortunately, things with Cameron weren’t working out all too well anymore. I didn’t take pictures, but things were falling apart for them quickly. They had some basketball therapy to try and smooth things over, and Hailey even bought him a lollipop to try and get on his good side! Alas, things did not end up well for them. Cameron had enough with Hailey’s neverending kiss attempts. The horrible slamming sound ensued, and it was all over.
    svmixl.jpg
    qs4n0o.jpg

Oh well. She ended up meeting someone else, a guy named Lucas (at the same restaurant where she and Cameron shared their last date! *Gasp*)
    30m3c61.jpg
    Things went so well that she ended up going back to his house for a swim, where they shared their very first kiss. Things seemed to be a lot easier with Lucas than with Cameron. Perhaps it’s a sign?
    30nevwg.jpg
    A sign indeed! Here comes the bride!
    b48dip.jpg
    And, of course, they have to make use of the vibrating heart bed. He he hee! :wink:
    jq5max.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have a TON of Makin' Magic pics, but alas, I'm too tired to upload them. Stay tuned for some fun, nostalgic Makin' Magic photos in the days to come!
  • Options
    AvengerAvenger Posts: 980 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This is great, thanks. I still have all Sim games loaded onto my computer. I tried to play The Sims (1) but lasted 10mins before I'd had enough.

We've come so far I can't go back....

Bookmarked!
  • Options
    KinukoKinuko Posts: 874 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I miss old the sims. TS3 is awesome but... It just doesn't have the magic that TS1 did. I love to see EA make TS3 more like TS1, you know, like, more hilarity and randomness.
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh goodness, I played Sims 1 before going back to school. IT WAS SO HARD!!! TS3 has spoiled me. When EA said they made needs less focused as part of the game, they meant it. My sim died in a fire (which spread ridiculously fast in TS1) within a few hours into game play. :lol:

I do miss some of the stuff in it though. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited December 2010
    This is the kiss I wish they would bring to the picnic baskets in the sims 3.
    groundkiss.jpg

I just relized I should have paused the game when I took the picture instead of going in camera mode that's why it doesn't cover the screen but to the op why is the picture not that close? I have my camera on the closest settings and I can't get as close a shot as you did. Is there a trick to getting close with the camera? The plus is greyed out I can't get any closer.

• Options
    beba2twinbeba2twin Posts: 744 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Aww the old times :D
    I still love the Sims 1, but I can't play it anymore.. I have all the disks, but when I install it on my laptop (running on Windows 7) it never works. =(
    Anybody knows why it doesn't work on Windows 7? It also didn't work on Vista. =(
  • Options
    Wolf10kFireWolf10kFire Posts: 416 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the photos! This takes me right back! I was 10 when the sims was first released, so it's like a trip back to my childhood. :P

I have all the sims 1 games, just not installed. I did install the original game at one point, but couldn't get back in to it. I'd forgot about a lot of the stranger stuff though. I might try again, but install a bunch of expansions aswell.

Thanks again for the pics! :D
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited December 2010
    ooh! TS1! :D:D:D

Hi Haids!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ok I tried again with the pictures. Their better but I still see the sim panel on the bottom. How do you take a picture without the sims panel on bottom? Also why did the pause show up? In the above pictues you just see the pictures. I'm not too good with taking pictures in the sims 1 yet. The plus is greyed out yet this is as close as I can get. Anyone have any picture taking tips for the sims 1?

beachkisssims1.jpg
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited December 2010
    omg my FRIEND HAIDS! great thread. thank you so much for the pics. I too have the complete collection, there is only one thing that bother me...

I originally had ts1 as individual cd's, and when I started up the game, the Makin' Magic theme music played, WHICH AS YOU KNOW HAIDS that is my favorite music and EP...well I gave those to my step son then realized I still want to have those so I got the complete collection...NOT the same start up music...BOOO

this thread rocks! Haids you are awesome!
  • Options
    ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited December 2010
    I've loved this thread so much! So nostalgic, and it's made me realize how much I miss the humour and silly little details- Sims 3 seems so po-faced by comparison.

Not sure I could play for long with the graphics/loading though- it would be brilliant if they would update Sims 1 to Sims 3 style graphics etc! Oh, but I'd like children to grow up, so maybe a combination of all 3 Sims would best :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My favorite Bella pics!
    Goth_5_0048.jpg
    Goth_5_0042.jpg
    Goth_5_0044.jpg
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited December 2010
    ohh! the memories! I think Ill be reinstaling sometime soon!

I have all the individual discs and they installed fine on my vista 64-bit system, but I kept getting a popping saying i dont have RAM :lol:
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    bump for this awesome thread! :P
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bella is gorgeous in the sims 1. It's too bad she isn't in the sims 3.
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I actually got really emotional when reading this :')