Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haids' Sims 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited December 2010
    Sweetface wrote:
    I'm thinking of buying TS1 Complete Edition for myself as a Xmas present lol...I always wanted to play Makin' Magic, but by the time I got around to it, TS2 had been released, and I got sucked in and couldn't even imagine going back to TS1. Now it's the THIRD generation and I'm dying to play TS1 again lol!

P.S. Awesome thread my friend! Thank you for starting it :)
    LOL, I know what you mean. :) Looking back on all the old pics is what convinced me to buy it again. I was just mesmerized at how much fun I remembered it being!

And you're so welcome! As I keep saying, I'm having a lot of fun. You guys are awesome! :mrgreen:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow, it's crazy to see these pictures! I played the Sims when it first came out so I was about...11? I'm in denial that it really had that poor of graphics! It looked so fab at the time! :)

Thanks for posting this, it's fun to look back! I would've never remembered the random phone calls if it weren't for this!
  • Options
    AngieBastienAngieBastien Posts: 3,003 New Member
    edited December 2010
    chenmn123 wrote:
    Is Bella an elder in strangetown?

No shes an adult.

Hmm odd. Cassandra is an adult and her mother Bella is an adult? Morty is an elder.. I will have to play it again catloverplayer :mrgreen:
    yeah... it is odd... but time and space things can keep people (and sims) young... :P

Very true :D
  • Options
    ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    edited December 2010
    RED BANANA OF DOOM!!!! ;)
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited December 2010
    Shallae wrote:
    RED BANANA OF DOOM!!!! ;)
    LOL! I loved the red bana of doom! :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How do I not know what the red banana of doom? :oops:
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited December 2010
    How do I not know what the red banana of doom? :oops:
    Something A vendor in magic town sends you out to find.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh ! I see, thank you
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2010
    OMG, I LOVE this thread! Just found it and read through the whole 9 pages frantically! Can't wait for more pics :D

On a side note, does anyone know where I can download Sims 1 (or 2 or 3) music for free, sometimes I just get these odd urges to listen to it...
  • Options
    sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 wrote:
    chenmn123 wrote:
    Hi Haids!!!!!! :D
    omg my FRIEND HAIDS! great thread. thank you so much for the pics.
    Omri! Angellite! Sooooo good to see you guys! I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. :) I'm having a blast, I actually thought of you guys when I had the idea for this thread. I consider us the original Sims 1 memory keepers! :wink:

remember our Sims 1 Memory thread?? the petition is still there:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105970.page
  • Options
    Gomar6Gomar6 Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Awesome thread. I was young when Sims 1 came out, but i did play for a small time. I got sims 2 last summer and this summer I got Sims 3. :D I really wish there was a magic ep. I know they want realistic stuff, but the quirky out of no where stuff was the fun part. It made it a Game not simulation.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have the sims 1 and all eps and it plays on any pc even low ends. I played it on a low end pc and had hardly no lag at all. This is truely one game you can play on your Grandfathers pc.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 wrote:
    chenmn123 wrote:
    Hi Haids!!!!!! :D
    omg my FRIEND HAIDS! great thread. thank you so much for the pics.
    Omri! Angellite! Sooooo good to see you guys! I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. :) I'm having a blast, I actually thought of you guys when I had the idea for this thread. I consider us the original Sims 1 memory keepers! :wink:

ahh... memories... :)

Diane Pleasant:
    Diane.jpg
    :P
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited December 2010
    chenmn123 wrote:
    Bella is gorgeous in the sims 1. It's too bad she isn't in the sims 3.

... I never could find her in the sims 2...
    that's because she's unplayable there... :?
    I found bella on the sims 2 she was in strange town and you can play her only if you make her a part of your sims family :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ForbiddenTemptressForbiddenTemptress Posts: 406 New Member
    edited December 2010
    The nostalgia is killing me! :( / :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have the sims 1 and all eps and it plays on any pc even low ends. I played it on a low end pc and had hardly no lag at all. This is truely one game you can play on your Grandfathers pc.
    :lol:
  • Options
    NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited December 2010
    Jojo777 wrote:
    OMG, I LOVE this thread! Just found it and read through the whole 9 pages frantically! Can't wait for more pics :D

On a side note, does anyone know where I can download Sims 1 (or 2 or 3) music for free, sometimes I just get these odd urges to listen to it...

You can google "youtube to mp3" and it'll bring up sites where all you do is enter the URL of the video you want and it'll allow you to download the sound from the video.

So all you have to do is youtube "Sims 1 music", click the video, then copy the URL from the URL bar and paste it into one of those websites.

It's super easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    bump with a purse full of bricks! :mrgreen: (I know, I already used this bump... but it fits here too... :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    TheSims3tsTheSims3ts Posts: 376 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have all the sims, the more I play are the third and second, I was playing a lot but I've done almost everything that you could do.
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Jojo777 wrote:

You can google "youtube to mp3" and it'll bring up sites where all you do is enter the URL of the video you want and it'll allow you to download the sound from the video.

So all you have to do is youtube "Sims 1 music", click the video, then copy the URL from the URL bar and paste it into one of those websites.

It's super easy.

Thanks! That would be excellent :D
  • Options
    xifuxifu Posts: 266 Member
    edited December 2010
    Jojo777 wrote:

On the Sims 1 game CD's there's a folder labeled "Music" that has all the game music in MP3 format.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy the Sims 1, 2, and/or 3 music from Amazon or iTunes.

*Edited for clarity.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Welcome back, peeps! I’ve been playing a lot and taking more pictures for your viewing pleasure, so have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, magic was suiting Hailey just fine, but she needed more friends. What better way to make new friends than to host parties?! :D She changed into her clubbing best and remodeled a new outbuilding for her party paradise.
    10psr6b.jpg
    She then invited all her buddies over and got busy dancing and DJ-ing.
    ao6yz7.jpg
    2w6xfro.jpg
    And she bought a few dance cages!
    qpm4p2.jpg
    The party was bumpin’! Her friends had a good time dancing on the “Bounce my *****” dance floor.
    2pydo2d.png
    23k5a1c.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hailey and I both thought that the party was going well, but apparently the other Sims didn’t—hence the arrival of The Mime. Ugh.
    s30qdt.jpg
    And someone named Pete Dropinsky arrived too. I had to Google him because I didn’t know if he was an actual celebrity or not. Apparently he’s a famous party crasher amongst SimCity. He eats all your food and clogs your toilets. Stupid blue-haired freak…
    2zqturk.jpg
    And people were getting distracted! *Whine* They wandered off into the actual house and started playing with Hailey’s magic set.
    5pl9qs.jpg
    Well, the party ended and Lucas and Hailey needed some serious recovery. Poor Hailey, look at her Needs!
    ipb62q.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh my gosh, how funny! :D Good to see you, sugar cookies! *Hug*