Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haids' Sims 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bella is gorgeous in the sims 1. It's too bad she isn't in the sims 3.
    yeah! she also looks good in TS2! :wink:
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited December 2010
    You'll find simmers who never played sims 1 are like "EW look at the graphics, look at the limited camera angles" and things of that nature, but when we started playing sims 1 it was all we had, there was nothing to compare it to like the amazing graphics in ts3.

TS1 had sooo many cool and fun objects as well as humor throughout the game..."Do you canoe?" lol

I would go insane (from excitement) if we got another Magic EP with a new spooky/magic neighborhood. TS1 makin magic with ts3 upgrades! If they ever announce that EP I suggest you all run and hide because I will be celebrating all over this forum!

I mean just look at Bella on her rickety roller coaster! (thanks chenmn)
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited December 2010

... I never could find her in the sims 2...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You'll find simmers who never played sims 1 are like "EW look at the graphics, look at the limited camera angles" and things of that nature, but when we started playing sims 1 it was all we had, there was nothing to compare it to like the amazing graphics in ts3.

TS1 had sooo many cool and fun objects as well as humor throughout the game..."Do you canoe?" lol

I would go insane (from excitement) if we got another Magic EP with a new spooky/magic neighborhood. TS1 makin magic with ts3 upgrades! If they ever announce that EP I suggest you all run and hide because I will be celebrating all over this forum!

I mean just look at Bella on her rickety roller coaster! (thanks chenmn)
    it's true!
    TS1 is the BEST game EVER!
    when I play it, I really don't care about graphics and stuff... :P

and I REALLY want a magic EP for TS3! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010

... I never could find her in the sims 2...
    that's because she's unplayable there... :?
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited December 2010
    I remember the crowds that would show up at the restaraunts , sims would actually have to wait for a booth. Oh and playing the bucking bronco. sigh... If only sims would show up at my nightclubs.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited December 2010

Bella was in Strangetown in the Sims 2. I rescued her and took her back to my town to play with her. :D I have always loved her! I was so excited when I saw her as a little girl in Sunset Valley...then she grew up very un-Bella like. :cry:

I also have always loved Nina and Dina Caliente.

Sims 1 is just...amazing. My sister and I installed it on our desktop and played around with it for a little while. It's strange how you go back, and you are still impressed by it. A lot of the items they had were cool and so much fun.

I remember when it first came out, I got it for Christmas. I was in high school and my best friend was over. We played with two girls, we knew nothing about cheats, and they stayed in TERRIBLE shape! The sad clown followed them around forever. I don't think we ever wanted to stop playing that game.

It would actually be a good thing if Sims 3 was a LITTLE more like Sims 1.
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited December 2010
    I do firmly believe that sims 1 had the best music.
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited December 2010
    Moar!!
  • Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited December 2010
    awwww omg i love TS1!!!! this brings back so many memories :P
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hello Simmers, welcome back! Well, after a good strong couple days of Makin’ some Magic, I have a TON of pictures to upload. Enjoy! :)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hailey noticed one day that she had a mysterious hole in her garden. After carefully observing it, she decided to jump in.
    1zcpitk.jpg
    9iaijn.jpg

Well, she traveled for a bit…
    353duoj.png
    …and ended up in Magic Town.
    svggas.png

The first person Hailey saw was the snake charmer. She tried her hand at so doing, and earned herself two Magicoins. Not too shabby!
    v4crjt.jpg
    Next she met Vicki Vampiress.
    14300fq.jpg
    Vicki challenged Hailey to a mighty duel, and who was Hailey to say no?
    2i09jj6.jpg
    Hailey ended up beating Vicki (ha, ha!) even though Vicki threw some pretty fierce flames at her. All turned out well—Hailey earned herself some Wizard Eyelashes.
    qzeiiu.jpg
    Vicki eventually asked Hailey to disperse some clouds that were mysteriously putting other Sims to sleep.
    2yju3d0.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, a change in lifestyle required a change in wardrobe. Hailey got herself all magicked out in 🐸🐸🐸🐸-style clothes.
    wtxicp.jpg
    She immediately set to work looking up spells in her family spellbook.
    154akyf.jpg
    After looking at what she needed, she decided to make some tea for herself and her husband Lucas.
    11l1r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    chenmn123 wrote:
    Hi Haids!!!!!! :D
    omg my FRIEND HAIDS! great thread. thank you so much for the pics.
    Omri! Angellite! Sooooo good to see you guys! I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. :) I'm having a blast, I actually thought of you guys when I had the idea for this thread. I consider us the original Sims 1 memory keepers! :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hailey went back to Magic Town to earn herself some more Magicoins. In order to do that, she needed to perform on that creepy stage and cast some spells. She got 25 coins for each spell cast. Nice!

The Magic Storm spell…
    35mr09g.png
    The Mummy’s Tomb spell…
    mjtgug.png
    And the Spectral Spouses spell
    2mzh0so.png

She also went to another place in Magic Town to perform with her lovely assistant. This was a trick called The Segmented Woman. Creepy.
    2z5rvi0.jpg
  • Options
    AngieBastienAngieBastien Posts: 3,003 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 wrote:
    Navigation Key:[/color] I have pictures sorted kind of by expansion pack. So far I have some Sims 1 "quirks" on page 1, Hot Date on pages 1, 2, and 3, and Makin' Magic on pages 5 and 6. I'll update this key as I add more pictures. :D

I made an exciting purchase from Amazon.com last week: The Sims Complete Collection! Yaaaay! :mrgreen:

I have seriously spent the last day and a half doing not much other than play The Sims. It’s such a crack up to see how far we’ve come as Simmers! There are a ton of elements about The Sims that I had forgotten—some of it I miss, and other parts that I’m glad we don’t have anymore. Like, it’s hilarious that your Sims can be married to multiple Sims at the same time, but it’s SO RIDICULOUSLY HARD to get them to fall in love! My poor Sim has been slapped in the face so many times when moving in for a kiss!

So I realized as I played: there are lots of other Simmers out there like me who loved The Sims and have lots of good memories surrounding it. For the sake of nostalgia, I took LOTS of pictures to share with you guys. I kind of started playing expansion by expansion pack, so I started simply building a Sim in the primitive CAS.
    197eiv.png

Once I moved Hailey into a house, what to do but give her a bunch of money? Remember the old Rosebud cheat? Haha! Anyway, for those of you who don’t remember, the cheat is “rosebud,” then “!;!;!;!”
    rcuih3.png

After I gave her money, I started building.
    2hda4oh.png

Oh, and the Mystery Man came by with the box of magic goodies once I started actually playing. Woohoo!
    e3thd.png

Lucky me—the first night my Sim was living in her new house, Claire the Bear stopped by! Now, I’m not sure what brings Claire the Bear to come and visit, but she definitely tiptoed in and dug through the garbage.
    rsekwo.png
    2h4w000.jpg

To be continued… :D

These pics are amazing! Completely priceless♥ I miss all that OMG AH HAHA
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    These pics are amazing! Completely priceless♥ I miss all that OMG AH HAHA
    Claire the Bear will always hold a special place in my heart, haha! :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, Hailey was doing pretty well with collecting ingredients for her upcoming spells. Along the way she met Apothecary Todd and Mara the Faerie Queen, where she bartered for rubber chickens and four-leaf clovers.
    2jahgna.jpg
    11i3iud.jpg
    One of the requirements for getting a rare item from Mara was to deliver a Heavy Brick to one of Hailey’s fellow magical Sims. I took a screenshot of the item description because I thought it was hysterical. :)
    2hxt179.png

Oh, and she remodeled her house! You gotta go spooky or go home. Or, in her case, both.
    Kitchen
    n2la1c.jpg
    Living room
    11b0msm.jpg

While she enjoyed her new house, she did some domestic things. Like keep bees!
    2hx3qwx.jpg
    And churn butter!
    2rpzq8g.jpg
    And spin straw into gold!
    ruqoad.jpg
    And grow grapes and elderberries! (Strangely enough, her father smelled of elderberries…)
    309myvk.jpg
    And, using said grapes and elderberries, she stomped ‘em into nectar. Nothing like drinking nectar made with your feet. Nummers.
    1052ss7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Enough with the ingredient chasing and housework for awhile! Let’s let our live-in (dead-in?) maid Bonechilda take care of things for awhile while Hailey runs off to Magic Town for a little fun!
    11rrb6v.jpg
    50jl13.jpg

Hailey decided to channel her inner Jedi and changed into some white robes before heading out.
    10gmxxd.jpg
    She arrived at the Magic Town fair and started off buying yummies: cotton candy and popcorn.
    29nt6it.jpg
    34hctbk.jpg
    Next she rode the roller coaster. Woohoo! (She can use this slang, since Woohooing wasn’t invented yet. :wink:)
    2efpcsx.png
    x42a6e.png
    Then she performed a few simple magic tricks to earn a couple of Magicoins. This one was called Hare Raiser.
    95uc80.png
    She finally finished off the day going to the fortune teller and by playing some arcade games.
    m8ms77.png
    2rog4uc.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    edited December 2010

You can hear it now in the sims 3 late night elevators. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Seriously?! Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice that! (I guess 'cause I hardly ever use elevators, but...) That's so rad! I downloaded some of the Sims 1 music and hve it on my iPod now. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haids I took a picture with prn scrn but it came out like this. It doesn't look like yours. Mine shows the sims icons and the camera looks like it's distant. How did you get so close with your shots? The + button on the camera was grey out and I was as close as I could get.

rubbingoil2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 wrote:

Seriously?! Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice that! (I guess 'cause I hardly ever use elevators, but...) That's so rad! I downloaded some of the Sims 1 music and hve it on my iPod now. :D

Yes it's true. My sim Hannah lives in the Verannda Apartments and I can hear that music coming from the elevator. It's the sims 1 music and I hear it in other apartments too and some of the clubs.

I listen to Mor music anyway also called beautiful music. Escape on XM plays mor music. Right now their playing Hanakka Music then they go back to their beautiful music format the 12th.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haids I took a picture with prn scrn but it came out like this. It doesn't look like yours. Mine shows the sims icons and the camera looks like it's distant. How did you get so close with your shots? The + button on the camera was grey out and I was as close as I could get.
    That doesn't look bad at all! :) But I think I understand what you mean. In some of the cases I extracted the photo from the Sims 1 folder. I took a snapshot and saved it in my Sims' photo album, then I uploaded it from the Maxis folder. I believe the pathway is something like "C:>Program Files>Maxis>The Sims>Userdata>Photographs." (I'm not at my Simming computer at the moment, so I'm not positive.)

But anyway, once I found the snapshot (and make sure it's a SNAPSHOT, not a thumbnail :)), I saved it into a special pictures folder I made and then uploaded it from tinypic.

I hope that makes sense! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, Hailey finally had everything she needed to make her charms and spells. She started off going to her cauldron and charging up her wand with spells.
    dh4g92.jpg
    The she went to her workroom (or her cute little shed in the yard) to make some charms with her CharmCrafter.
    1rys11.jpg
    Finally her whole workroom was full of pretty, shiny, metallic charms.
    118lwzk.png
    She decided to get to work casting charms.
    2yoy0s7.jpg
    The first one she did was the Horn of Plenty spell. I took the name to mean that she’d get a lot of food upon casting it, but this was not the case. She got a lot of something, all right—toads! *Gasp*
    29cvtyw.png
    She also had the option to kiss a toad. She kissed a toad and she liked it!
    seauqb.jpg