Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haids' Sims 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    KinukoKinuko Posts: 874 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I love this song so much. Oh how I missed it so!

Does anyone know if you can use custom songs for build or buy mode? I was thinking of getting all the old music and putting it in TS3 :D

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
    jest, of most excellent fancy. <---- Random Shakespeare quote
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited December 2010
    I think that you can, right? I thought you could upload your own music into TS3.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    KinukoKinuko Posts: 874 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I know you can make a custom radio station, but I'm not sure about build/buy modes. I'll try googling it I guess :D

Oh and nvm. This song is my favorite from TS1 8)

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Ha! Such fun music. :D The Sims 3 music isn't nearly as good as the vintage stuff.
  • Options
    hag1TSOTSOhag1TSOTSO Posts: 2,863 New Member
    edited December 2010
    My favorite buy mode music.

One of my favorite neighborhood music.

Anyone remember these?

• Options
    ratluvr76ratluvr76 Posts: 179 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Bella is gorgeous in the sims 1. It's too bad she isn't in the sims 3.

she IS In the sims 3... as Bella Bachelor the child... Mortimer too.

*edited to add*

@ the OP...thank you for posting this thread,I've been thinking about re-aquiring all my sims games and ep's... this made my mind up.. I HAVE to do it. I just have to. I loved the Makin Majic EP too.

Keep posting. :) good work!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited December 2010
    I LOVE all the sims 1 music ESPECIALLY from the base game and makin magic...

take a look at this old advertisement...so many things that I want back! And I chuckled at 0:49...something very familiar there...(think WA)

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I know that this isn't Sims 1, but does anyone remember URBZ: Sims in the City?

And to keep this Sims 1 related:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Anyone remember these?

• Options
    SR_in_SimmerlandSR_in_Simmerland Posts: 4,083 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Makin' Magic-The Coven Trailer

OMG that is so Epic. LOL the simple things that use to keep us entertained...oh how very far The Sims has come...

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited December 2010
    I LOVE all the sims 1 music ESPECIALLY from the base game and makin magic...

take a look at this old advertisement...so many things that I want back! And I chuckled at 0:49...something very familiar there...(think WA)

oh, look! it's the good ole' Goth family from TS1! :mrgreen: they were so happy back then! and then was TS2... :roll:
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have not read all 11 pages, though I plan on it. But when I saw this thread I just thought I really have to post my sims 1 pics :-) I've been playing the original sims a bit lately.

These pics probably aren't that great. I found them in "My computer/C/program files/Maxis/TheSims/Userdata/photoalbum". I'm thinking I should be able to upload and post them through tinypic. I just hope the size is decent.

We'll give it a try:

sims on sidewalk

2r7q2k8.jpg

Those sims just love the bathroom:

24oy7ia.jpg

25s2xx2.jpg

2eok57t.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey, they actually came out better than they look in my computer files!

Sim and Fridge:

4tui6x.jpg

The Goths:

2hp6nhz.jpg

Cassandra's room before the makeover:

29m13lz.jpg

Love that Lemon:

ot289g.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The cake dancer cake , and the costume trunk, all ready for a partay, someday:

6oiw41.jpg

I felt the Goth home was pretty cramped, here it is under construction:

28c3e4n.jpg

Construction completed, I just expanded the top floor to be the same as the bottom. I still think the house needs more expanding, but that's the great thing about the sims's houses, sigh, I wish I could just add a room everytime I needed more space IRL!

2ikpl47.jpg

Cassie's new bedroom, interesting as I noticed I used the same wallpaper and same bed as OP:

zjtjmb.jpg

And last but not least, the Newbies playing with a puppet in the bathroom, Aw! :

zveyib.jpg
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yay, love the pictures!! :D
  • Options
    SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited December 2010
    This thread has been so much fun to read! Thank you for starting it. I also bought the sims 1 collection, but when I tried to play it I just couldn't. Sadly it wasn't as much fun anymore, but seeing this thread brought back old memories, very happy ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This thread has been so much fun to read! Thank you for starting it. I also bought the sims 1 collection, but when I tried to play it I just couldn't. Sadly it wasn't as much fun anymore, but seeing this thread brought back old memories, very happy ones.

Yeah, I'm loving this thread and the memories, but I don't think I could play it anymore either. Being unable to change hair/eye color and the facial structure would kill me. And not aging at all!

But this thread is great, it really does remind me how far sims have come (and the things that were great back then too- Sims 3 really could learn a lot from the older games!).
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Double post :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 , your makin' magic pictures are great!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yay! I love that you guys are loving this thread! I'm so glad that other people are posting their pics/movies, too--this is awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    zorba2357 wrote:
    2r7q2k8.jpg
    LOL, may I ask who the pretty bikini-clad woman on the sidewalk is? :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Haids5987 , your makin' magic pictures are great!
    Aww, thanks! I loved looking at yours too. :D I actually haven't played much of the premades, since I've been focusing on my own custom Sims. Good times!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haids5987 wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:
    2r7q2k8.jpg
    LOL, may I ask who the pretty bikini-clad woman on the sidewalk is? :lol:

I made her in CAS, her name is "Dawn" after my favorite sims 2 sim (she doesn't really look like the original Dawn though), who is also my sims 3 Avatar here. I think she actually has the same head/face as your "Hailey"! Um, yeah, that's why sims 2 CAS is so much better! Still , there's something to be said for simplicity.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    xifu wrote:
    Jojo777 wrote:
    On a side note, does anyone know where I can download Sims 1 (or 2 or 3) music for free, sometimes I just get these odd urges to listen to it...

On the Sims 1 game CD's there's a folder labeled "Music" that has all the game music in MP3 format.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy the Sims 1, 2, and/or 3 music from Amazon or iTunes.

*Edited for clarity.

I found all the sims 1 music files, can even play them in Windows Media Player BUT it won't let me rip them to the media player to sync to my MP3 player. I copy and pasted them to a CD-R disc, and That also Plays in Media player, but won't rip to Library or sync to ipod.

Oh well, not sure why? Maybe they made it that way on purpose? Or another theory is that the MP3 files don't have a proper name or album name. I guess Media Player and MP3 players go online to recognize the music titles , and to get info.

I believe it because when I installed all the sims 1 (yes I had all the original base game and EP's NOT "The complete collection" , though it's actually the same thing). Anyhow when I was all done, I went to "games" in vista and it Lists what I installed as "Sims the complete collection " AND it shows the thumbnail pic of complete collection Meaning my computer pulled that thumbnail pic and info from online.

Amazon.com sells the original sim base game music for $9. I like it but don't think I'd go that far to listen to it on an ipod! Would I ? JK !

Aw well, hopefully I get the time, or make the time, to continue playing sims 1, I'll post some more pics someday, anyone else have any?
  • Options
    IvanaZagrebIvanaZagreb Posts: 332 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I've red all 12 pages and I can't belive how many memories just came floating in! I got *warm fuzzies* all over! I still have all of my Sims 1 and Sims 2 EP's and SP's! I've played Sims 1 a couple of months ago and I still enjoyed it in the same way I did a looooooong time ago! :D
    Haids thank you for this thread!

And OMG when I heard Making Magic music I felt like reinstalling the whole game all over again! :D

THIS THREAD IS AMAZING!

I've bookmarked this and I will come back to bump when it goes too far away down the forum! :wink: