Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Victorian Bay 2.0: it is what it is

Comments

• Options
    3FREAK3FREAK Posts: 266 New Member
    edited February 2010
    i absoluetly love the new one but the only issue is that when i go back in the main menu it says i can't open it because of WA i have the game in but it won't let me open it back up
    Edit" I basically have the same thing diskett66 said was happening i did open it again but i can't click on it to open i do have the patches installed to the latest one
  • Options
    NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited February 2010
    3FREAK wrote:
    i absoluetly love the new one but the only issue is that when i go back in the main menu it says i can't open it because of WA i have the game in but it won't let me open it back up
    Edit" I basically have the same thing diskett66 said was happening i did open it again but i can't click on it to open i do have the patches installed to the latest one

I'm having the same problem, as well. When I go to open up my saved game, it insists that the expansion pack data is no longer on my computer. Despite the fact that I haven't so much as installed a patch between game plays, or even sometimes exited the game at all. I tried taking out all my CC, clearing out my caches, even doing a complete uninstall/reinstall, and nothing has worked.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2010
    I can't play your world, I don't know why though?!
    It says Installation Failed: Please make your software is up to date and try again.

Oddly enough I'm having the same issue. I even re-installed and re-patched my entire game, but still no luck. I can't for the life of me think why its happening, but trying force, shouting, threats and voodoo have all failed.
    It simply refuses to install. Which is incredibly disappointing, because it was one of the four worlds I really loved.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Megs1116Megs1116 Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Just had to say that you are my FAVORITE builder and that I've downloaded just about everything you've created. Also, that story on you blog about how you and your husband don't celebrate valentine's day but it doesn't matter 'cause he's like the best husband ever was SOOOOO sweet. One day I hope I can be as happily married as you are, but that's a long ways away.

I can't find it on the website, though. Where can I download it?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JennieL759JennieL759 Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2010
    Very beautiful. I wish I could play it though.

I downloaded it to the Sims 3 launcher and then I click to download, but it always fails by saying my game is not updated even though it is. Do you have any ideas?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hooray, perhaps voodoo actually DID work. I finally got it installed.

In all seriousness though, I noticed when downloading from mediafire, that the sims3pack when downloaded was only 23 mb. Which is ...wrong. And the preview pic in the launcher was not showing up. Either now, or from the original file I had downloaded.
    So, I deleted it, and re-downloaded. This time, the finished file was 8.5mb
    Er.. that wasn't right either.

So, I deleted any VicBay files I had on my PC ( had downloaded to a couple of different folders, for testing ) cleared my cache, temp files, temp internet files etc, and re-downloaded. This time, the file was the proper size, and it installed perfectly.

Perhaps doing that might help anyone else with the Update failure message.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited February 2010
    this kicks rocks :!: :evil:
    Ruthless I can tell i would love this Nhood I play the 1st one and prefer it to sunset or riverview. The game won't let me re-load ( expantion items blah blah ect. ). Does anyone have a clue as to what the issue is ? Can we fix it ? I hate not to be able to play this hood ... I can tell so much work has gone into it. Can a Guru or someone smart take a min and check this hood out pls FIX IT !!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys, Just wanted to add it did it to me too. And out of 18 worlds I tested and retested today and tonight, it is the only one saying something about it being installed with a expansion removed. All my other worlds has no problem, and three of them were installed the same day and night I installed Victorian Bay and also have WA in them as well - in fact 10 of my worlds were made with WA, 8 were made without, and VB is only one giving me this message. What stinks is it worked find the first go round, and played flawlessly the first time and yesterday. I went to start it again and just like you guys it is grayed out and giving me that message. From the message it sounds like the world was created with possibly the ep in Ruthless game, but for some reason the EP was removed before she uploaded it. Is this possible? I don't know, but didn't Ruthless say her system crashed but she was still able to upload or do I have that wrong?

I did look over the files and compared alled my worlds files to VB's and it absolutely is nothing obvious as all look complete and thorough and none has any bad back ups. I tried three worlds after the incident, two with WA and the newest patches and one I had after I got WA but the creator did not have WA, so WA is not in it, and not one of them has greyed out. Only Ruthless can clarify if perhaps her WA was missing when she uploaded it and she may only need to reinstall WA and all the patches she had in when the world was created, then re upload it. That technically should fix it, as we can not do anything from this end to rectify it.

It's a darn shame because Ruth really outdid herself and the place is just perfect and running unbelieveable. I managed to fully establish my main family and moved in a dozen others. The game added 4 other households as well, so it sure plays nice. Too bad I can't get back in the door....

Hopefully Ruthless sees this and she can let us know if perhaps I have the scenario right. Like I said it may just be a matter of her relading her pc as it was when she reworked VB, then go back into CAW with it and do what she needs to do to reclose it and reupload. Hopefully it is that easy, because she really has a nice world here.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    buggygirl12buggygirl12 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This world is AMAZING!!! :)
    But I can't load my saved games! :(
    I love the houses so much I just copied them all into the Houses Bin and put them in other worlds...and they all work great so far! Too bad I can't play them in Victorian Bay, I was really looking foward to it! :(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    Buggygirl - You want more houses, Ruthless has a bunch on her studio pages too. She is the Queen of Victorian's in my book. Knowing Ruthless as soon as she gets her pc sorted, she will surely be able to fix this world - it's too perfect not to and once fixed EA should make it a feature project. But I examined and compared it to all the other worlds I have and with that plus the error I see when I hoover over the world this is because Ruthless was missing the WA pack by the time she uploaded it - so it can only be fixed on her end. If you read the starting post here from Ruthless she basically says that in her post - but who would have dreamed just uploading the finished product would have done that because the ep was then missing? Poor Ruthless, I wish I had an instant answer for her. She is so kind and did such a nice job at fixing this hood of hers. Hopefully the dear does not have the "unlucky" trait.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited February 2010
    It's amazing!... :shock: WoW!!! The neighborhood that I dreamed of. You did a great job on this. Houses are just awesome!

You are genius!

Thank you for sharing it. Just downloaded it yesterday. Never saw a more beautiful neigborhood. It's even better than ones that are in game.

A BIG thank you for creating such an awesome world!
  • Options
    Mosiah11Mosiah11 Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    I just downloaded the new, I love the homes and world. Very Beautiful!! :mrgreen:
    Just one thing, didnt relize that there was only one family living there and all the other homes where empty. lol Besides that its fun to move all my past families and even made some new ones to move in! lol I give your world 10/10! :D
  • Options
    Mosiah11Mosiah11 Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    After palying your new town, i saved and exited my game. When i returned back to play it said it couldnt save due to something with an expasion pack thats is no longer there. Could I get any help, did i do something wrong while installing? I would love to countiue to play your world..please help! Please and thnk u! =]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mosiah11 wrote:
    After palying your new town, i saved and exited my game. When i returned back to play it said it couldnt save due to something with an expasion pack thats is no longer there.

I had the same message up when trying to play this world after saving. Just ignore the message. The house and family appears transparent when I try to chose the saved game to play, but I noticed yesterday that if you press the "ok" when choosing the household, it still loads, regardless that it transparent.

The other glitch with this world, error code 12 when trying to save the game, which I never had. I had to send my family to adventures to save my game. And the other glich is the central park-the kids playground. My advice to everyone who's playing this world-never step on that playground with toys. My sims get stuck every time they go there. I had to edit the town when my sim was still stuck there to fix it somehow. After editing, my sim was at home automatically.

Regardless of that, it's an amazing world! Thank you for creating it. 10/10
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited February 2010
    The house and family appears transparent when I try to chose the saved game to play, but I noticed yesterday that if you press the "ok" when choosing the household, it still loads, regardless that it transparent.

I'm confused as to what you mean by this? I am not able to even select one of the VB saves in order to hit "ok" anyway. So I tried removing all other world saves EXCEPT VB saves, thinking maybe it would default to one of them and I could open it that way, based on what you said above. But instead, the game defaulted to "new game" and STILL wouldn't let me choose any of the VB saves.
  • Options
    Mom50409Mom50409 Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2010
    Someone (I couldn't find the message) found the 'work around' for the Save bug. I wanted to confirm that it worked for me too. When you play Victorian Bay 2.0 you can save if you send a Sim to travel. You can save the game in the travel city and then go back to it later! I am so thrilled, because Ruthless, you are my favorite builder and your world is gorgeous!!! I hope you get your computer fixed and can reload this World. Pleeeeease!!!!! EA needs to hire you to design homes, etc!!!
    Thanks for this awesome World!!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I will try to explain the best I can, step by step.

I had just 2 families as saved games. One in Sunset Valley and the other in Victorian Bay.
    As i said yerlier, the family from Sunset Valley was transparent. And I couldn't choose that family to play (on the screen with saved games that comes up right after the 1 loading when you start Sims 3).
    Then I selected the other family in Sunset Valley and pressed "delete" button and deleted tthis family completed. After that, the family in Victorian Bay appeared automatically on the screen automatically (cause I had just 2 families). The house where they live was still transparent, but I could still press "ok" button to load the game.
    It loaded fine and I was able to play with them for a few hours, but couldn't save because of the error #12. I sended them in Egypt and saved the game while they were on adventures.

I think something is not working properly with this world....I'm affraid that I will have to send that family on adventures every time to save the game.... :? idk....didn't play yet...I'll try and see if it saves while they are home, not sure thou. I just can tell 100% that if you save the family in Victorian Bay while they are on adventures, when you restart Sims 3 and choose with which family to play, families in Victorian Bay won't be transparent. I checked it already.

Hope it helps. I don't know if it will work for you or not, but It worked for me thou.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    White Lily and Mom, thanks for posting this. I am going to try reinstalling Victorian Bay and then send my family on a vacation, hopefully this works! I guess if it does, my families will do a lot of traveling LOL
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited February 2010
    ON BEHALF of Ruthless_kk :!:

Ruth has asked to me to post on here as she is unable to log into this site atm, due to even more technical problems with proxy error's etc...

She is experiencing major computer problems and her computer has broken entirely. It is currently being repaired. She asks for you to bear with her during this time. She will try to get back on as soon as she can, but please understand it may be a while longer.

I for one wish to give her a big hug as she has worked so hard on Victorian Bay and all these technical problems she is experiencing must be frustrating and disappointing to say the least!

smiley-hug005.gif

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Mom50409, thank you for posting that workaround. I had been editing a couple of things in VB ( like the sandbox in the park ) had saved, and of course couldn't reload. I kept the save though, in case the issue managed to get fixed. I'll try white_lily's suggestion to attempt to get that one to reload. If not, at least I can begin a new game and know it can be saved.

Sorry to read that Ruthless is having such problems. I hope things get fixed up for her soon. She's done a terrific job with Victorian Bay, kudos to her.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Allium, thank you keeping us posted. Also, judging from the looks of your signature, I am going to have to check out your studio - looks like some BEAUTIFUL creations... I feel a download spree coming on LOL

Please tell Ruth - I think I can speak for everyone when I say no one blames her for this, and that we each can only imagine how frustrating it must be for her - first she spends all this time creating a beautiful world only to find people can't use their saves due to EA's crappy patch's path of destruction, and then for her own computer to be wiped out in the process of trying to further resolve it. Maybe we can all ride over to Ruth's and throw her computer out the window for her (if she hasn't already lol - it will be a therapeutic experience) Anyway, this will all get sorted out sooner and later. Please let her know she is very much appreciated in the community and does such lovely work :) Hope to see her back soon!

Edit to add: I tried Lily and Mom's suggestion about saving while on vacation, and it worked!!! Yay, so happy I will be able to play the world now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Diskette66 wrote:
    EA's crappy patch's path of destruction

Lol, amen to that.
    Thanks for letting us know the suggestions work.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Thank you all so much for the workaround! I've been wanting to play Victorian Bay so much, and was so depressed that I couldn't. Now I can! I'll definitely be checking this out now.

TO ALLIUM: since you seem to have some contact with Ruth, please let her know that we understand completely and will wait patiently for her to resolve her computer issues. We've all had them, and they're not fun, so we can sympathize completely.
  • Options
    Mom50409Mom50409 Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2010
    Allium,
    Please tell Ruthless that we share in her frustration. I have been there unfortunately!! It is maddening!! :x

Folks,
    I have saved in France and Egypt with different families, so I am glad to say that my Victorian Bay is thriving. The game has generated many families. I am glad that there is a way to play this because once I saw this World, I became obsessed with being able to play this perfect paradise! :mrgreen:

Keep Simming and Ruthless will be back before we know it. I have faith!! :D

• Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited February 2010
    FOUND ANOTHER WORK AROUND !you won't have to send your families on WA

Go to
    mydocuments/electronic arts/Sims 3/saves
    copy all of your saves and paste them on your desktop.

Start the launcher create a new Vic bay 2.0 nhood enter the hood place a family
    and save the game.(if you have a vic bay save just re-place it in your save folder you don't have to create a NEW Vic Bay nhood)

Exit to the main menu delete all of the nhoods but Vic bay (your okay because you saved them on your desktop and when you want to play that nhood just put it back into your save folder).

After you have deleted the other nhoods click on the check mark and it will load your game even though it's still grayed out.

That's it !
    You can load the hood as long as you don't have any other saved gamed in your save folder. :D