Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Victorian Bay 2.0: it is what it is

My game is messed up and I had to uninstall everything...and I mean everything. I have been able to reinstall T3 but I cant get WA to install. Why am I telling you this? To explain that Victorian Bay is what it is at this point. I cant go in and fix it...heck..I cant even play it in my own game without WA working properly. So it is what it is for now. At some point I will probably work on a new world but I do not see re doing Vic Bay again. Thank you all for the support and kindess as I have worked on this project. I have learned SO much and I hope to put it to good use making a whole new world at some point, once I can get my game running. :D

story with link for the mediafire DL: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=170110

lots.jpg
Screenshot-850.jpg
Screenshot-97.jpg
Screenshot-8-11.jpgScreenshot-84-3.jpgScreenshot-22-4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2010
    Ruthless_kk,

You're Victorian Bay looks great. I just downloaded the new version. Too bad I'm having trouble getting Create A World to my Kellog Island right now.
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited February 2010
    Oh, I can't wait. Hope this version works better for me. Because the first one didn't let me see windows. But it looks beautiful :)
  • Options
    Drea_Fancy_PantsDrea_Fancy_Pants Posts: 159
    edited February 2010
    i love the homes =)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    YAY! I've been hoping for this as I had to sadly let the last version go. I so love your style, so I know my sims are going to love your beautiful houses and revamped village. Thank you so much for redoing it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I LOVE IT!!! the first V-B was a little glichie but i hope this is better, thanks Babe.. MATZ.

also can u help me with something.. i have just made a new town too but it wont let me uplode a picture for it.. some help would be nice please :)
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Seen this in game now and Ruth its just beautiful, thank you for all you hard work and sharing it with us!

Love it! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just have to say I love this version and i see windows now!!!

Thank you so much for this beautiful world.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited February 2010
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Ruthless_kk,

You're Victorian Bay looks great. I just downloaded the new version. Too bad I'm having trouble getting Create A World to my Kellog Island right now.

Thank you, Damien. I am sorry to hear you are having CAW problems...its a cool tool that gives us alot foo options, but there is alot to learn and figure out. I know it can be very frustrating..but hang in there :D
  • Options
    MarianoPMarianoP Posts: 207 Member
    edited February 2010
    Wow, great...
    I loved the first version, so I´m very exited about this one... I´m downloading it right now.
    Thanks a lot...

:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dutchysim: I am SO glad to hear the 2.0 version is working for you. I went over this thing with a fine toothed comb to try to eliminate any glitches that were in my power to correct. :D
  • Options
    AstronemaAstronema Posts: 21 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This is great! I'm downloading it now.. any tips on how to install it into my game? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Astronema wrote:
    This is great! I'm downloading it now.. any tips on how to install it into my game? :)

Sure! Just download the mediafire file to your desk top..this will take a few minutes or more depending on your computer. Then, when its on the desktop just double click on it and it will install via your launcher because it is a simpack. Easy as pie. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MATZ wrote:
    I LOVE IT!!! the first V-B was a little glichie but i hope this is better, thanks Babe.. MATZ.

also can u help me with something.. i have just made a new town too but it wont let me uplode a picture for it.. some help would be nice please :)

Thank you Matz! I really hope you enjoy playing it. Rgarding the picture for your town...you do it from CAW. You take the picture you want to use....make sure it is a .png file.....size it to 256 pixels by 256 pixels ( exactly). I have found that if it is not that exact size it wont work..for instance I made one that was 250x250 and I thought would be ok since less than the 256x256. No. has to be that exact size and a .png.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i love the homes =)

Thank you so much Drea...that is great to hear. :D
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, well I never had any problem with the last version but am curious to see what is changed. I saved my families and have downloaded the new one and will relocate them. Thanks for your continued work on this world.
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I love it! :P I think I will use this for a town im making if u don't mind. :D
    Edit: of course i give u credit.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2010
    Ruthless_kk,

I'm glad to hear some sympathy from someone. I meant to say that I was having trouble getting create A world to save my map correctly. I'm really hoping that EA, has already started working on a patch for it. It could really use one.

By the way, I'll try to let you know, when I finally get Kellog Island finished and uploaded. Or would you prefer me to let you know when its in the Beta testing phase, instead of waiting until its completely done?
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited February 2010
    I love it! I can see a lot of time and effort has been put into this town. I shall cherish it and it's a very beautiful town. This is absolutely amazing! :)
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Well apparently I should have left well enough alone. Now after playing and setting up a few families and saving without issue, I went to Main Menu but now it won't let me load my save games. It says "Cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system". I didn't remove anything from my system except the old Victorian Bay world (and then installed and played the new one in it's place).

I notice there is a thread about someone building a world that sounds like they are having a similar issue. Maybe side effect of the latest patches? I have WA & am patched up to 2.5 (the latest).

Edit to add: After reading in a different thread someone posted in reference to this issue http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=386192 where another world designer talks about this happening, I decided to try an experiment. I entered Victorian Bay 2.0 and created a save game (with no sims whatsoever in the world). It ALSO is grayed out and giving me the same message. So that rules out that there is a problem with any of the sims I used in my original saves. I wish I had kept my old version of your world but I didn't but also when I uninstalled the old one, it wiped out my old saves too so I guess I have just lost those families now :( I know this is not your fault, Ruth, but I hope this will not start happening to others who play the world too. That would be a mess! EA NEEDS to get on these problems and get them fixed ASAP!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2010
    Thank you so much for your hard work. This n.hood looks lovely. I've got it in my game and going now to try it out.

cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    ShaluaShalua Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2010
    Diskette66 wrote:
    Well apparently I should have left well enough alone. Now after playing and setting up a few families and saving without issue, I went to Main Menu but now it won't let me load my save games. It says "Cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system". I didn't remove anything from my system except the old Victorian Bay world (and then installed and played the new one in it's place).

I'm having this same problem. I'm trying a reinstall of the world right now... I doubt it'll work, judging by the talk that is going on in that thread you mentioned, it sounds like it is a problem with WA + CAW + the new update.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem, every game I make with this world won't load again. :(
    Grr, and i really like this one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am sorry to hear that some people are having issues with saves and such. You are right..that is beyond my control. I made the new hood to fix things I CAN control...like a tree in the wrong place, a terrain tear...an unconnected road.

What I cant control is all the goofy stuff going on with everyone's games these days. Completely beyond me, folks. I will tell you that I made this hood WITHOUT the latest two patches because I did not want to patch in the middle of the CAW process and risk having a problem of some kind. I did not install the latest stuff pack for the exact same reason. I also renamed the hood so that...theoretically..you should be able to have the first one in your game and the second one too.

At this point there is truly nothing else I know of to do to make the hood more accessible. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't think its because of your world, I think the problem is the new patch.
    Gonna test if aother CAW made world is having the same problem.
  • Options
    ShaluaShalua Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2010
    I'm on version 2.3.33 which is weird, cause I thought I was at 1.8 and I don't have auto-update enabled. O_o So maybe that's the problem. Silly patches, always fixing things and then messing up more stuff. lol! Is there a way to go back to a previous version?...

And I am well aware that you can't fix or control this kinda stuff and I hope everyone else realizes that too. I'm going to do some troubleshooting this weekend and see if I can get things working properly. :wink: